AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-09, 12:54   Link #41
kyuudere

Well....I never read the LN, and when I checked the manga, I think the art is good. If they managed to find a studio who can do this kind of art + nice action (and make the fan service low), it might be a decent adaptation.
Old 2015-03-09, 12:54   Link #42
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Long wall of text
Thanks for summing things up pretty well.

Another series that I am following got an adaptation l.
Old 2015-03-09, 13:03   Link #43
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitta Luminis View Post
I may be beating a dead horse here, but I am sick and tired of the cliched harem and light novels tropes. Actually, I am sick of seeing these sorts of series at all. The poor Gary Stu everybody makes fun of and call a loser, even though he is ridiculously over-powered; the way too-perfect heroine that is supposed to be really awesome, but ends up being nothing more than the MC's love interest. This entire genre is nothing but a teenager's wish fulfillment. The fact that these stories are popular and sell well enough to justify such a lunatic amounts of novels and mangas that basically tell the same story over and over again, is both amazing and depressing.
Light novel isn't a genre, but a medium like manga or anime. It features a wide range of genres and stories and anime adaptation counterparts have been there since the 90s, just that they didn't become more common until lately.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2015-03-09, 13:08   Link #44
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Light novel isn't a genre, but a medium like manga or anime. It features a wide range of genres and stories and anime adaptation counterparts have been there since the 90s, just that they didn't become more common until lately.
I am very well aware of light novels and web novels being a medium, I was referring to a particular trend of light novels that have gotten quit popular in the last few years. Actually, I watched an interesting video not long ago about that very subject.
Old 2015-03-09, 13:18   Link #45
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Just to clarify, I am not shitting on this particular adaption, as I am not familiar with either it or the source material. It very possibly could end up as a very entertaining anime, I just wanted to use this opportunity to let out my frustration at the lack of creativity in a medium that I love for its creativity.
May I do the same? Because just like you, who feels frustrated about a perceived lack of creativity in this genre, I am sick and tired from whiners/haters who feel it is not only their right, but even their duty to disseminate their displeasure over the fact that animes are made in a genre that they don't even like in the first place. I feel annoyed by this. I feel annoyed by the fact that nowadays you can't watch this kind of show without having at least a dozen elitist hand-wringers coming in, displaying

1) their prejudice over the anime theme/genre ("how can so many animes be made over THIS?")
2) their ignorance over the contents ("I can't be bothered to look more into this")
3) their divine verdict regardless ("this is cliche uncreative crap")
4) their superior taste

Why do you do this? Why can't you retreat into the echo chamber cesspools where this kind of dumping is appreciated and rewarded? Look at the site name: Animesuki. Loving anime. Why don't you go to those threads where you can find anime you love, instead of loitering around in those threads of anime you dislike, while annoying those people around who do?

If you have substantial criticism on this thread's show, please say so by all means. But if not, then what's the point in walking into a gay bar yelling "GOD I REALLY HATE THIS FAGGOTRY"?
Old 2015-03-09, 14:25   Link #46
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Quote:
May I do the same? Because just like you, who feels frustrated about a perceived lack of creativity in this genre, I am sick and tired from whiners/haters who feel it is not only their right, but even their duty to disseminate their displeasure over the fact that animes are made in a genre that they don't even like in the first place. I feel annoyed by this. I feel annoyed by the fact that nowadays you can't watch this kind of show without having at least a dozen elitist hand-wringers coming in, displaying

1) their prejudice over the anime theme/genre ("how can so many animes be made over THIS?")
2) their ignorance over the contents ("I can't be bothered to look more into this")
3) their divine verdict regardless ("this is cliche uncreative crap")
4) their superior taste

Why do you do this? Why can't you retreat into the echo chamber cesspools where this kind of dumping is appreciated and rewarded? Look at the site name: Animesuki. Loving anime. Why don't you go to those threads where you can find anime you love, instead of loitering around in those threads of anime you dislike, while annoying those people around who do?

If you have substantial criticism on this thread's show, please say so by all means. But if not, then what's the point in walking into a gay bar yelling "GOD I REALLY HATE THIS FAGGOTRY"?
Wow, no need to be so salty over this. Especially when I'm trying to be civil.

My problem is not that this genre exist, if people like it then I'm glad they can find enjoyment in something The real problem is the lack of diversity. This is definitely not the only fandom suffering from the syndrome of when something gets popular a gazillion copies start popping out after the smell of fresh cash and overflow the market. IE first person shooters.
Old 2015-03-09, 15:41   Link #47
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I keep trying to find some unique way to respond, but Sagitta pretty much summed up all my feelings on that subject.
Old 2015-03-09, 15:52   Link #48
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
There are modern-day magicians called Mage-Knights. Although Kurogane Ikki is a student at an institution that trains Mage-Knights, he has no particular talent in magic and is labeled the "Failure Knight" or "Worst One." Getting way less than average marks in the scorings, he was forced to repeat a year. But with the arrival of a new head of the institution, a new rule was created: knights whose abilities are compatible, as decided by the board, must share rooms and attend practice and training together throughout their school years to bring up their abilities to the max. It is a rule to implement the absolute verdict of ability.

Ikki’s roommate, Stella Vermillion, turns out to be a princess of another foreign country. Stella is a Rank A knight: the type of genius in magic who only appears once a decade. When Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes, it caused a huge misunderstanding (since neither yet knew of the new rule) which eventually ended up in a duel between the two of them. The punishment (or as some might see it, the prize) of the losing side is Eternal Submission to the winning side.

Forced to live the same room and practice magic together throughout all their school years, how will Stella and Ikki’s relationship evolve?
This sounds like a combination of Absolute Duo and every "hero supposedly sucks but is actually overpowered" series ever. Does this bring anything new to the table? At all?
Old 2015-03-09, 16:01   Link #49
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Wow, no need to be so salty over this. Especially when I'm trying to be civil.
You may be trying to be civil, but what you are doing is still flat-out annoying to many people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
This sounds like a combination of Absolute Duo and every "hero supposedly sucks but is actually overpowered" series ever. Does this bring anything new to the table? At all?
Is there really anything "new" anywhere anymore?

The characters and character development are very much atypical. For details see here
Old 2015-03-09, 18:00   Link #50
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Calling Rakudai "cliché" makes as much sense as calling Log Horizon a "Sword Art Online rip-off", i.e. most people who get such an impression, only superficially look at the series and dismiss it.

Well it's not surprising, as it happens all the time lately and, sadly, it is more often true than not, though relying on such statistical tendencies too much leads to unjustified prejudice, as we can see in this thread.
Old 2015-03-09, 20:04   Link #51
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, this reveals a lot about the current state of the light novel industry AND the anime series they churn out.

Let's see. Maybe this shows up in my Light Novel Challenge. If the anime once again lacks polish like in Absolute Duo and World Break, I'll happily drop this.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2015-03-09, 21:13   Link #52
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well color me intrigued. What I'm hearing from the people who've actually read the novel is pretty good, and the only real complaints I'm seeing are from people who haven't even read it. Buy me a ticket to this show.

On the matter of the complaints, it does get tiring to see people taking one look at the premise and judging it without knowing anything more. I certainly won't deny that there's a large number of anime out there that fall into a pattern that could even be called "cliche," but how will you spot the ones that don't fall into this group if you just dismiss everything that comes across your desk?
So really, we could do without the judging-without-watching statements. We already have enough trolling hater-blogs out there like Seventhstyle. In the meantime, mark this down for my "definitely check out" list.
Old 2015-03-09, 22:27   Link #53
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
The characters and character development are very much atypical. For details see here
Oya oya oya?
Spoiler for Interesting:
A shoujo anime disguised as a harem magical school series? That... has potential... depending on how quickly they get to that point. Okay, will move series from 'Absolutely will not watch' to 'Will try one episode.'
Old 2015-03-09, 22:33   Link #54
LG-MAX 2.o

I read the 12 chapters of manga, and I can say that is not the crap that I thought it was, to be honest, the protagonist does not need a harem, Stela offers him help in all areas, even in the emotional, and the coolest is that the two are friends, she's not a bitch or annoying tsundere.

the his fighting style is incredible, it is and you can easily get attached to him, I will read the light novel, something I did not make a series a long time.

of course, I only spoke of the good parts.
Old 2015-03-09, 22:59   Link #55
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Oya oya oya?
Spoiler for Interesting:
A shoujo anime disguised as a harem magical school series? That... has potential... depending on how quickly they get to that point. Okay, will move series from 'Absolutely will not watch' to 'Will try one episode.'
Why does romance = shoujo? Lots of anime have romance and
Spoiler:
and they certainly aren't all shoujo. Not that I have anything against shoujo, mind you.

And just fyi, if one episode were enough to determine the quality of a whole series, that would be a problem in itself.
Old 2015-03-10, 02:16   Link #56
Esclair

Even if the source material is good I really doubt the adaptation would do it justice considering the track record of similar adaptations in the last couple of years. It really depends on whether it's 1 or 2 cours and what studio is handling it.
Old 2015-03-10, 02:42   Link #57
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, this reveals a lot about the current state of the light novel industry AND the anime series they churn out.

Let's see. Maybe this shows up in my Light Novel Challenge. If the anime once again lacks polish like in Absolute Duo and World Break, I'll happily drop this.
Not really. There's plenty of diversity in LNs, the problem is that the majority of them are untranslated or don't get adaptions.

Most of the people saying they have no diversity probably don't even know series like Biblia koshodou exists nor how much it sells.
Old 2015-03-10, 03:04   Link #58
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Not really. There's plenty of diversity in LNs, the problem is that the majority of them are untranslated or don't get adaptions.

Most of the people saying they have no diversity probably don't even know series like Biblia koshodou exists nor how much it sells.
Don't worry, I know the Biblia series. That's not gonna change the fact that Biblia still has no anime while some others get this rather paradoxical privilege.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2015-03-10, 03:10   Link #59
Amiluhur
Gondok

I find its mainly the smaller studios that depend heavily on these to try to turn at least a minor profit. Its pretty sad, but most studios still just lack the resources and planning to do any better. Not every studio can be like Sunrise or I.G and adapt more high-tier source material and oftentimes diverse IPs for all audiences. A lot of the anime industry is sadly just a matter of fighting over table scraps from the LN market in the hopes of landing that one surprise 7-10K hit like a NoGameNoLife or Yahari Love Comedy
Old 2015-03-10, 03:13   Link #60
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really don't see how mentar is the salty one, if anything it's the guy coming into this thread crying about a lack of creativity (implying anime is creative... L O L) in mai animu's that salty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Don't worry, I know the Biblia series. That's not gonna change the fact that Biblia still has no anime while some others get this rather paradoxical privilege.
Doesn't Biblia have (or about to have) live action movies? That's not exactly a consolation prize. It's not like Biblia needs a low budget one cour anime to promote itself....

Quote:
Is there really anything "new" anywhere anymore?
People see new stuff all the time! (only because they didn't watch/read stuff that did it before....)
Closed Thread