AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 46 71.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 1.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-20, 16:12   Link #41
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Isn't Gilgamesh unskilled with a sword? Shirou actually has experience thanks to Kiritsugu, Taiga and Saber.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 16:21   Link #42
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

If episode 25 is an hour long episode as believed. Then its most likely we'll see an after the fact scenes with saber. Probably showing that she finally died and no longer stuck in limbo.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 16:21   Link #43
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Isn't Gilgamesh unskilled with a sword? Shirou actually has experience thanks to Kiritsugu, Taiga and Saber.
Speaking of that, it really doesn't make any sense to me for Gilgamesh not to be a good fighter, be it with a sword or otherwise. They really must have had to change his background to a great deal if they think being a wealthy king is what he is best known for.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 16:23   Link #44
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Speaking of that, it really doesn't make any sense to me for Gilgamesh not to be a good fighter, be it with a sword or otherwise. They really must have had to change his background to a great deal if they think being a wealthy king is what he is best known for.
He has to have one weakness, GoB is too powerful as it is. xD

Quote:
If episode 25 is an hour long episode as believed. Then its most likely we'll see an after the fact scenes with saber. Probably showing that she finally died and no longer stuck in limbo.
I think it's been debunked that it's not an hour long episode but rather a regular 20 minutes one.
Old 2015-06-20, 16:25   Link #45
monster

Quote:
He has to have one weakness, GoB is too powerful as it is. xD.
Sure, but that's a problem of their own making.
Old 2015-06-20, 16:33   Link #46
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Gilgamesh may just not be skilled with a sword. He's an Archer, he could've been skilled with a bow or something.

I haven't read the Epic to talk about in detail about him, unfortunately, but I kind of always assumed that he could do GoB in life as well, so he didn't need to learn how to fight. Am I wrong?
Old 2015-06-20, 16:50   Link #47
Theminimanx

As someone who was rather underwhelmed by the series so far, I really loved this episode. Sure, the shot composition is still a bit meh, but WHO CARES THE ACTION WAS AWESOME!
Old 2015-06-20, 16:52   Link #48
kakakka

Maybe I'm tired, but not feeling the fight. The dialogue also made me cringe on how repetitive it was. Agree with monster;

Quote:
The only thing I don't agree with is Shirou capitulating to the idea that his ideal is a fake and not his own. Sure, he didn't come up with it. But just because he got it from someone else doesn't mean it didn't become his own as well. When it comes to ideals and worldviews, we are influenced by our interactions with other people. And when we encounter something we can agree with or live by, it becomes a part of us.
My thoughts is that at this point, Shirou should have realized the ideal is his own since he had sort out what it really meant for him back during his fight with Archer (S2 ep8). That's why I felt disconnect with the following episode; never have I imagine they go back and make him repeat it again.

I'll rewatch later after some sleep I guess.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 16:57   Link #49
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's just it. It's perfectly fine for Shirou's ideals to not be his own. Like everything else in his current existence, it's an inheritance without the original meaning. His life was given to him by Kiritsugu, as was Avalon. His ideals were given to him by Kiritsugu. Even his skills and gear were given to him, in a sense, by Archer. They are all a "fake", as Shirou himself is a "fake". And for Shirou, that's fine.

Because Shirou believes that there is absolutely no reason as to why a fake or replica cannot surpass the original. Be it in weapons or ideals. Kiritsugu tried and failed to be a true hero, but Shirou is determined to succeed where Kiritsugu failed.
Old 2015-06-20, 17:21   Link #50
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Maybe I'm tired, but not feeling the fight. The dialogue also made me cringe on how repetitive it was. Agree with monster;

My thoughts is that at this point, Shirou should have realized the ideal is his own since he had sort out what it really meant for him back during his fight with Archer (S2 ep8). That's why I felt disconnect with the following episode; never have I imagine they go back and make him repeat it again.

I'll rewatch later after some sleep I guess.
So I'm not the only one, I felt like a weirdo for not seeing an "awesome, epic fight".
Old 2015-06-20, 17:22   Link #51
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That's just it. It's perfectly fine for Shirou's ideals to not be his own. Like everything else in his current existence, it's an inheritance without the original meaning. His life was given to him by Kiritsugu, as was Avalon. His ideals were given to him by Kiritsugu. Even his skills and gear were given to him, in a sense, by Archer. They are all a "fake", as Shirou himself is a "fake". And for Shirou, that's fine.

Because Shirou believes that there is absolutely no reason as to why a fake or replica cannot surpass the original. Be it in weapons or ideals. Kiritsugu tried and failed to be a true hero, but Shirou is determined to succeed where Kiritsugu failed.
I am quite in agreement with what you mean. But the idea to equate "fake (word)" like that does not sit well with me. Even if he succeed in his goals while having borrowed everything from someone else, even if he borrowed the goal itself; for me the moment he shape those into making those happen, that is not fake, that's how he mold his own reality. That, for me, is "real".

Last edited by kakakka; 2015-06-20 at 17:48. Reason: Highlighting the point I agree with the most.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 17:23   Link #52
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That's just it. It's perfectly fine for Shirou's ideals to not be his own.
But they became his own.
Quote:
Like everything else in his current existence, it's an inheritance without the original meaning. His life was given to him by Kiritsugu, as was Avalon. His ideals were given to him by Kiritsugu. Even his skills and gear were given to him, in a sense, by Archer.
Exactly, so they now belong to him, aside from whatever magical stuff he got from Archer that he will apparently lose again.
Quote:
They are all a "fake", as Shirou himself is a "fake". And for Shirou, that's fine.

His weapons may be duplicates and fakes, but not his life nor his ideals.
Old 2015-06-20, 17:39   Link #53
Gaulek

I don't think he lose his skills except Rin's mana.
Anyway, he will train.

Quote:
Gilgamesh may just not be skilled with a sword. He's an Archer, he could've been skilled with a bow or something.

I haven't read the Epic to talk about in detail about him, unfortunately, but I kind of always assumed that he could do GoB in life as well, so he didn't need to learn how to fight. Am I wrong?
Didn't read the epic too bu the wikia say this:
"Gilgamesh encountered Enkidu for the first time outside of the Temple of Uruk, who immediately stated that he would reprimand the King and rectify his arrogance. They entered a battle that spanned several days, and Gilgamesh was forced to use all his strength to match his transforming opponent. He was either angered or surprised at having found his equal for the first time, insulting Enkidu as a clod of mud. He was forced to draw out his treasures that had been carefully stored away, marking the first use of the Gate of Babylon as a weapon, and although it was a reluctant and forced humiliation at first, he eventually began to enjoy it and brought them out without regret."
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 17:53   Link #54
Geburah

Love how they managed to slip "A New Dawn" plus "This Illusion" piano version from the VN. Despite that I like good ending as the "happiest" ending of Fate, i admit that the true ending feels more proper than Rin's Harem ending xD
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 18:25   Link #55
Mangonel

Quote:
Sure, but that's a problem of their own making.
Gilgamesh's biggest weakness is his ego as King. He said it himself, one of the 'troubles' of being King is you can never go all out on someone or you'll be acknowledging them as your equal something a King does not have.

Shirou keeps smashing his notion of how powerful a 'mongrel' should be and this catches Gilgamesh off guard. Add that to his hesitation to 'make' Shirou his equal by going all out and thats what leads to his 'defeat'. Mind you hes still a servant and had the Grail not gone black-hole on him he still would have killed Shirou in the end.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 18:30   Link #56
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That moment of hesitation before he grabbed Ea. And then his face when he realised it was too late.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 18:34   Link #57
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangonel View Post
Gilgamesh's biggest weakness is his ego as King. He said it himself, one of the 'troubles' of being King is you can never go all out on someone or you'll be acknowledging them as your equal something a King does not have.

Shirou keeps smashing his notion of how powerful a 'mongrel' should be and this catches Gilgamesh off guard. Add that to his hesitation to 'make' Shirou his equal by going all out and thats what leads to his 'defeat'.
Even with his ego, he still would've defeated Shirou if he was a better fighter.
Quote:
Mind you hes still a servant and had the Grail not gone black-hole on him he still would have killed Shirou in the end.
Agreed, not to mention Archer being there.
Old 2015-06-20, 18:42   Link #58
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The reason Gilgamesh is so unbeatable is because he always has the right tool for the job. Being physically skilled isn't really necessary.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 18:56   Link #59
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The reason Gilgamesh is so unbeatable is because he always has the right tool for the job. Being physically skilled isn't really necessary.
Well, we're talking about in this case. And actually, aside from Ea and that chain, most of his weapons he just used as a spear to skewer the enemy, not really a sign of making use of the right tool for the job.
Old 2015-06-20, 19:20   Link #60
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:

he's actually a pretty decent fighter, He freaking tied with Enkidu in wrestling (considering Enkidu has berserker level strength, that's something). Not to mention Gil killed the Bull of Heaven. What they were trying to explain is that Gilgamesh never perfected any of the NP in his vault. The only ones he mastered were Ea and Enkidu. So this fight seemed a lil eh in how could Shirou match Gil in swordplay.

I did like UfoTable showed how Gil hesitated when reaching for Ea which resulted in his loss, much like how Archer hesitated in giving the final blow against Shirou, resulting in his loss too. Seems like Shirou is winning solely on dumb luck against all his opponents