AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-04-28, 13:49   Link #41
marvelB

And BTW, it sure would be nice if Toriyama brought back Lunch from Forgotten Character Limbo....
Old 2015-04-28, 14:01   Link #42
Wandering Soul

I figured we might get another series after they brought up other universes in BoG. This series is coming out a lot earlier than I expected though.
Old 2015-04-28, 14:07   Link #43
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I have.... mixed feelings about this. A new series sounds fun and all, but it just leaves so many questions.... will it "replace" GT continuity-wise? Will the events from the two recent movies become relevant to this series? And what about other stuff like Vegeta's brother?
GT was never canon. The new movies (and Yo Son Goku) were always canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I'm curious about this too, or, more specifically, a little worried. I'm not sure I agree with the decision to put it before the End of Z story arc with Uub. Especially if we keep facing more powerful villains, Uub himself showing up 10 years later kinda amounts to "oh yeah, we fought that guy a while back and you're his reincarnation, too bad we've surpassed him big time by now"...
I almost feel like that was the entire point of Resurrection F. Frieza had insane innate power, so every bit of training he did had massive gains. Uub is the same way, so they can still work with Goku's enthusiasm. Sure, he's weak now, even if he's as strong as Kid Buu once he realizes his current potential. But like Frieza, he can train and get massive gains.
Old 2015-04-28, 14:13   Link #44
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
GT was never canon.

Oh, I knew that. Though considering it was its own full-length series you'd think Toei would give a crap about its continuity..... guess not, though.
Old 2015-04-28, 14:17   Link #45
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
You've gotta give other characters their chance to shine.
Sure, because that worked so well in DBZ...
Old 2015-04-28, 14:48   Link #46
sayde

I'm excited. For some reason, in my mind I had totally cancelled out the possibility of a new DBZ series ever happening. I thought they'd just continue things with occasional movies and OVA's. Glad to see I was proven wrong though. As far as the direction I'd like this series to take...I think I'd be satisfied if this series was about expanding on the 7 different universes mentioned in battle of the gods, and having the Z senshi take on threats from these alternate realities.

Afterall, Goku and Vegeta are quickly closing the gap between the most powerful 2 beings in their universe (if they haven't already). So it seems like alternate universes are the only other plausible places left where stronger antagonists could potentially come from.

Either way though, I just wanna keep seeing our Saiyans evolve against increasingly stronger threats. Thats all I ever watched the series for in the end anyways. It should be sort of suspenseful now that there's no manga to let us know whats coming up next.
Old 2015-04-28, 14:55   Link #47
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
I almost feel like that was the entire point of Resurrection F. Frieza had insane innate power, so every bit of training he did had massive gains. Uub is the same way, so they can still work with Goku's enthusiasm. Sure, he's weak now, even if he's as strong as Kid Buu once he realizes his current potential. But like Frieza, he can train and get massive gains.
That's actually a very interesting point. Even if I were to accept that logic, though, I'm still not *totally* sold on pre-End of Z. It just makes more sense to me that it take place a few years after Goku and Uub left to train, a bit like GT's time frame (of course, that's the only aspect of GT I would emulate... Well actually, that and the general concept of there being potential negative repercussions to the use of the dragon balls. That was a very good idea - foreshadowed by the Elder Kaioshin in the Buu saga, but their execution of the idea sucked).
Old 2015-04-28, 15:28   Link #48
Dextro
He Without a Title

Honestly I would love to see them just put the show 100 years in the future and run with it. Toriyama could then be free to do a story in the Dragon Ball universe but without much constrains from the current cast of characters. Of course that's wishful thinking and we'll just get Vegeta almost rocking it but then failing and getting pissed when Goku comes in and saves the day... You know, the usual.
Old 2015-04-28, 16:43   Link #49
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
I'm curious where this will take place in the timeline, though. Can't really do it before Battle of Gods because there'd be almost no tension. There's less than 14 months between BoG and Resurrection F, and as far as we know the only things that happened were characters getting slightly new outfits and Goku/Vegeta training with Whis while Pan was being born.

That leaves post-Resurrection F. There should only be a 3-4 year window between RF and End of Z. Plenty of space to do stuff. But the big thing is, unless they intend to retcon the ending of Z, they can't go too crazy. They likely won't set it after End of Z purely because the press release specifies "After Buu" rather than "After the End of the Manga".
What if the new movies are not anime canon but just movie canon? There is always that possibility, I mean so far until the end of DBZ no movie had been canon so calling BotG and Resurrection of F canon now is kinda weird. Also if it says after Buu and is set right after Buu saga it could change a lot of stuff from the movies (hopefully).

@sayde

Even alternate universes are out of the question, Buu saga had that red guy who was from an alternate dimension and Buu bitch-slapped him like he was tissue paper and take into account that he was supposed to be the strongest from his universe/dimension.

Sooo I'm guessing now the DB Kai thread might become lively once again, seeing as they are now in the Kid Buu episodes and the new series will beging right after this one ends.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2015-04-28 at 16:54.
Old 2015-04-28, 16:52   Link #50
GDB

Toriyama himself said BoG and RF are canon to the manga (and BoG references Yo Son Goku, so by extension it'd be canon too), so...
Old 2015-04-28, 17:29   Link #51
jzmagic
flargansbog

All aboard the hype train
Old 2015-04-28, 17:36   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Can say I never thought we'd see the day of more than just dragonball movies.

I'm looking forward to it though. Not sure how great it will be, but it'll be nice to see what they do with this.
Old 2015-04-28, 18:10   Link #53
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just saw it on my news feed from ANN

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...in-july/.87608

To tell you the truth I'm not that excited since I've followed DB/DBZ/DBGT. It's hyped but not sure if I'm getting back to Dragon Ball Super, since I've burned out a long time ago with DB series. I'll probably just update myself on whats currently happening.
Old 2015-04-28, 18:17   Link #54
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Toriyama himself said BoG and RF are canon to the manga (and BoG references Yo Son Goku, so by extension it'd be canon too), so...
He also said he wasn't going to continue the series and look how that turned out.

quick question to those of you who have played Xenoverse (I'm thinking of getting it), why weren't Androids (or Cyborgs) one of the choices for creating a character was that ever addressed?
Old 2015-04-28, 18:22   Link #55
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Possible since the Androids are just like humans, they only have nano machines.
Old 2015-04-28, 18:30   Link #56
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
He also said he wasn't going to continue the series and look how that turned out.
He said he wasn't going to continue drawing the manga. And he hasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Possible since the Androids are just like humans, they only have nano machines.
This.
Old 2015-04-28, 18:35   Link #57
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ok before we induldge into Dragon Ball Super. Can someone give me a refersher on Cell and F.Trunks.

In the future Cell killed Trunks and went back in time to to absorb the androids 18 and 17. How did F.Trunks returned if he was killed, I kinda forgot the logic in that.
Old 2015-04-28, 18:45   Link #58
GDB

Four total timelines, not two.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-04-28, 18:51   Link #59
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

^What is that "storyline #4" about?
Old 2015-04-28, 18:56   Link #60
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Four total timelines, not two.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Really? That made me more confuse than anything.
Anyways F.Trunks is alive and Cell from the future is our main baddie, if I got the diagram right.

This is more complicated that Sol Badguy traveling to the past and seeing himself get killed, the logic there is that he's already in the past so even if he's from the future he cannot die and will still exist. Or Ragna's eternal loop till it was stopped.