AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 12 21.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 31.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 31.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.75%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-07, 14:32   Link #41
magnuskn

Soooo, I guess as soon as there needs to be a new Asseylum teleconference, Slayne now will force it out of her by pressing a pistol to the temple of Lemrina, or vice-versa?

I wonder if the mission of that pro-Terran count will include sending a message to Inaho that he needs to retrieve the real Asseylum ASAP?
Old 2015-03-07, 14:38   Link #42
Irenesharda

You know, considering all the things that the Vers can do with Aldnoah, including using quantum physics to create completely real duplicates of objects out of basically nothing. How the heck haven't they solved their resource problem?! They couldn't get some food from Earth and just kept making copies of it?

All the power in the world, and they don't know what to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Soooo, I guess as soon as there needs to be a new Asseylum teleconference, Slayne now will force it out of her by pressing a pistol to the temple of Lemrina, or vice-versa?

I wonder if the mission of that pro-Terran count will include sending a message to Inaho that he needs to retrieve the real Asseylum ASAP?
As Inaho said, since "Asseylum" really gave up all of her power to Slaine, he's really their leader for the most part and her words would have no effect. The only time she's even coming on now is to tell people they are doing a good job and such. Basically being a motivator.

Slaine doesn't even consider himself a part of Vers anymore either, so I doubt he even needs or cares to do anymore conferences.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-03-07 at 14:55.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:42   Link #43
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I kind of already did ^

Doing what somebody wants != Doing something for somebody.
Kids often want to eat a ton of sweets, but you would rather have them balanced diet, right?

And let's face it - Asseylum didn't have any idea what she was doing at the beginning of the S1 and I doubt she has any idea o what to do now (though the last part may be wrong).

>his role has always been that of a villain

Well, you either die as a hero, or... you know.
So your argument is that Slaine is in the role of a parent who wants only the best for his children.

Asseylum just sit tight and wait. Your daddy Slaine knows what is best for you.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:47   Link #44
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Slaine has instilled himself as a dictator over Vers. I pretty much figured he wouldn't let Asseylum have her way. All his spouting about "for Asseylum" is really just an excuse he uses to lie to himself - his actions have revealed to be all for his own indulgence. I'm not dissing his character but that's the role he has taken up.

It is interesting that the last scene in the OP is both Slaine and Inaho reaching towards a distant light - and the series clearly shows the different (opposite) paths Slaine and Inaho has taken towards reaching that same goal.

I do find it interesting that Asseylum didn't show a lot of emotions when she pointed her gun at a friend she once considered to be very dear to her.

I'm wondering if the ending will show Inaho overusing his eye and fall back into a comma (or die) as a heroic sacrifice for his character. It will be sad but it will emphasize the difference between him and Slaine; one willing to sacrifice himself for others while one willing to sacrifice others for his own goal.

...Cruhteo's son...that was a very unexpected twist so near to the end. (...I wonder what his reaction would be when he finds Slaine now commandeers his father's kataphrakt)

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2015-03-07, 14:49   Link #45
ChampDream
Alive

I knew that Asseylum disguise herself the minute she start talking, the fact that Slaine didn't seem that surprise and just arrest them, the only bad thing is that I wanted to see the 2 sisters talking to each other, but i guess I have to wait.
The fight was good, Inaho's eye is the most op weapon in this war.
what really got me in this episode is Crutheo's son appearing like that, wonder what the meeting between him and Slaine will be like?
Old 2015-03-07, 14:49   Link #46
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
So your argument is that Slaine is in the role of a parent who wants only the best for his children.

Asseylum just sit tight and wait. Your daddy Slaine knows what is best for you.
>is that Slaine views himself in the role of a parent who wants only the best for his children.

Well, more or less
Old 2015-03-07, 14:50   Link #47
AverageFan

Am confused about Slaine. It looks like he become an out right villain. And his motivation is to make a better world.

Slaine taking the handgun reminder me of when Slaine tried to stab Saaz

Klancain is Cruhteo son. Since he came from mars it looks like there are Knights on Mars that are separate from the Knights on earth.
The way Cronkine talked about Dr. Troyard it makes me think that he could be alive or something.
Still I don’t like them bring in a new character to develop in just three episodes unless there is a third season.

So the knights have heard of the all might Orange.

And is seems that Harklight while definitely not be getting any activation rights.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:55   Link #48
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

So why don't the two princesses just shut off Slaine's Aldnoah ability. Heck why not shut of all the Martian spaceships. Wasn't it establish in S1 that pretty much a Vers royalty can forcefully shut down Aldnoah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
I can't see the ending being the Deucalion going to the moon base and defeating the final boss Slaine. The United Earth leaders just seems too evil so I think something else will come out. Will there be a third season?
I wouldn't say evil. The show haven't shown enough of them to really call them "evil". The most we can say is that they are politicians who thinks they know what to do to win the war. But they are clueless and way over their heads.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2015-03-07, 14:57   Link #49
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
>is that Slaine views himself in the role of a parent who wants only the best for his children.

Well, more or less
An he is obviously in the right to think like that. Everything he has done and will be doing is forgiven.

Just because this idiot believes that nonsense, does't make what he is doing less bad.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:01   Link #50
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
So why don't the two princesses just shut off Slaine's Aldnoah ability. Heck why not shut of all the Martian spaceships. Wasn't it establish in S1 that pretty much a Vers royalty can forcefully shut down Aldnoah.
I think they have to be close to the core, but since we don't know much about aldnoah is too complicated.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:01   Link #51
Wandering Soul

They finally took care of those three martians. I like how the knights actually did try to change their tactics even if they did get taken out in the end anyway. I can't believe that Kat was actually using Quantum physics to drag versions of itself to the battlefield. When aldnoah can do things like that you have to wonder how Mars have any problems at all. Inaho's eye is only getting worse and worse though and it seems like they will be sent off to attack the moon base.

I would have liked to see Asseylum and Lemeria actually make amends but oh well we might see that next week. Slaine is making it very clear that he dose not care if Asseylum doesn't approve and will continue going through with this. Yeah now I can see him dying at the end but after he achieves his goal. He cannot claim he is doing this for Asseylum anymore.

Of all the people to show up I was not expecting Cruheto's son. Hopefully we learn more about Dr Troyard and maybe Cruheto's son will find about Asseylum.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:06   Link #52
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageFan View Post
Am confused about Slaine. It looks like he become an out right villain. And his motivation is to make a better world.

Slaine taking the handgun reminder me of when Slaine tried to stab Saaz

Klancain is Cruhteo son. Since he came from mars it looks like there are Knights on Mars that are separate from the Knights on earth.
The way Cronkine talked about Dr. Troyard it makes me think that he could be alive or something.
Still I don’t like them bring in a new character to develop in just three episodes unless there is a third season.

So the knights have heard of the all might Orange.

And is seems that Harklight while definitely not be getting any activation rights.
Klancain (the subs didn't know the true spelling of many characters' names: Orga is really Olga, Sebring is really Zebrin, and Raffia is really Rafia. "Cronkine" was really Klancain) took over his father's role and inherted his postition just like Slaine inherted Saazbaum's. However, since he was still on Vers, he hasn't joined up with the other 37 counts until now. And that's really what the problem of the UFE's plan was. Even though you take out one count at a time, Vers' homebase is really too far away. Each count that's lost would just be replaced by that count's heir if they have one.

As for Slaine, I'm sensing a Zero requiem end for him. He basically may make himself to be the final boss that allows Vers and Earth to come together in order to defeat him, in effect, creating the world of peace that she wanted.

Harklight seems to think the princesses would understand one day, so I'm thinking that. Also, there's the issue of Aldnoah. Zero, what that really means, and if it means getting rid of Aldnoah.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-03-07, 15:11   Link #53
Wandering Soul

Quote:

They have to shut down the core that is in the base. It was the main reason why they had to have Asseylum reach the core that was in Sazzbaum's base to shut it down at the end of season 1.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:12   Link #54
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

let's comment about the drama first

I like the way Lemrina and Asseylum tried to catch Slaine off-guard
Slaine proved that he is not weak anymore... that's what you need to be a perfect villain
So another pebble spawned in Slaine's way.. considering he is Cruhteo's son, he would be mad if he knew that Asseylum and Lemrina got locked by Slaine
I think the only VERSian I could like right now are only Asseylum and Mazuurek

now for the battle
never expect Inaho would have ideas to take down three Aldnoahs at same time
It is funny that most anime or manga actually didn't care about how electricity passed through air.. Inaho actually topped all the Kataphrakt by pure simple physics..
That moment when Orange commanded all units... that is DRAGOON system Inaho ver.
Orange Kat become more and more well-known right now
Old 2015-03-07, 15:13   Link #55
Raziel1991

I really like Lemrina a lot more after this episode. Instead of keeping being obsessed with Slaine like honestly most people expected she actually cooperated with the person she hated (Asseylum) to take action against against the man who was treating her like a tool this whole time.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:16   Link #56
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Klancain (the subs didn't know the true spelling of many characters' names: Orga is really Olga, Sebring is really Zebrin, and Raffia is really Rafia. "Cronkine" was really Klancain) took over his father's role and inherted his postition just like Slaine inherted Saazbaum's. However, since he was still on Vers, he hasn't joined up with the other 37 counts until now. And that's really what the problem of the UFE's plan was. Even though you take out one count at a time, Vers' homebase is really too far away. Each count that's lost would just be replaced by that count's heir if they have one.

As for Slaine, I'm sensing a Zero requiem end for him. He basically may make himself to be the final boss that allows Vers and Earth to come together in order to defeat him, in effect, creating the world of peace that she wanted.

Harklight seems to think the princesses would understand one day, so I'm thinking that. Also, there's the issue of Aldnoah. Zero, what that really means, and if it means getting rid of Aldnoah.
I'd expect that from an Okouchi series.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:20   Link #57
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
They have to shut down the core that is in the base. It was the main reason why they had to have Asseylum reach the core that was in Sazzbaum's base to shut it down at the end of season 1.
I know that, I'm just saying it's an option for them. Slaine is probably worried they might to do just that hence the house arrest.

btw is Edelrittou also in house arrest?

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2015-03-07, 15:23   Link #58
Oboro

So:
- Slaine get an S rank in the villain route, arresting both Lemrina and Asseylum show that he's the true "villain" he cares only about his plan, now finally everyone can see it. I barely see the G-00 reason about "fight a mutual enemy to assure the peace" and Slaine try to achive this role if terran and the empire loyalist try to fight him as a mutual enemy and "third faction" i really don't like this kind of plot, it isn't new and it is a mecha anime trope used many times, i hope they found a better way.
- I belive that the slaine's fans can't speculate/fanwank about the poor argument "Asseylum will forgive Slaine behaviour ", "He 's doing this for her", she do not, she was never potrait like a stupid brat she always had a free will to call a ceasse fire against his father will, on the other side about the romance fanfictions stuff to put in worlds he try to donate her a bare new world and she point him a pistol to stop him, she didn't like the gift and the way he try to "buy" it, finally.
- Smart move with Lemrina to switch themeselves. never understimate a lover when she learn about the cheats
- About Edelrittuo unlike some speculation about she'll help Slaine and bla : the chatty maid tell everything to Asseylum as long she recover her memory, obv she don't care about Slaine plans at all. Someone argument some week ago was about Edelrittuo cheat on his hime for Slaine sake.
- i belive that the Asseylum after the first cour with all the experience she do, in his Seylum persona , she became more mature ( i really like @Arya ways to split the princess Asseylum and the terran in disguise Seylum persona)

for the title, the Shakespeare's quote of fortune's fool: good choice as showed you pay always the consequence of your behaviour, everyone call the bad consequences as tricks of fate only to absolve themselves, like Romeo do after he kill in anger Tybalt, there isn't any "Fortune" but choices and way to act.

Last edited by Oboro; 2015-03-07 at 15:55.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:28   Link #59
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think Inaho is going to die during the invasion of Mars...
Old 2015-03-07, 15:29   Link #60
Irenesharda

Quote:
I know that, I'm just saying it's an option for them. Slaine is probably worried they might to do just that hence the house arrest.
Honestly, I don't know everything that is powering moon base, but you have to understand that if they shut it down, they would not only be killing everyone on there, since nothing would work, but they would also kill themselves, since they are on the base. It's not like it's on Earth where everyone could just go outside. It would be a long, drawn out tomb if they did that.

He's not afraid of them doing that. One thing that I really liked about this episode is that it showed Slaine's resolve and that he honestly doesn't care what Asseylum thinks right now. He believes what he's doing is right and so he's doing it and he's willing to die for it. Note that he never said anything about leading or ruling this new world, and that he's separated himself from Vers? He's preparing to die to make it happen and then for Asseylum to rule what results. And seeing as her grandfather is on his last leg, I don't think it will be long before she becomes ruler of Vers. He's not afraid of Asseylum or Lemrina, but that doesn't mean that he wants them hurt, thus the house arrest.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Closed Thread