AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-17, 22:23   Link #41
Dekomori Sanae
Twintail Twister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Who is that Izayoi everyone is speaking of?
Sakamaki Izayoi from Mondaiji-tachi:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...r&charid=48163
Old 2014-02-18, 02:21   Link #42
Merry
One less to go around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I don't know how you see Izayoi but he to me is a battle freak, easy going boy, genius, badass, loner, hidden papa bear, likes to tease Kurousagi and not a gary stu... actually he reminds me a lot of Tsukiyumi Ikuto teasing Amu from Shugo Chara but on Mondaiji is with Kurousagi. I don't see him as harem mc though.
The fact that he's all of those things at once is exactly part of what makes him a Gary Stu... He's a messily written character. But I do agree with you in that I don't see him as a harem MC, either.
Old 2014-02-21, 23:15   Link #43
ImperialFlameGod8190

izayoi from mondaiji isn't a harem MC because really mondaiji aint a harem. If you go by the anime there's virtually zero romance and even from the manga there's no true indication of romance except maybe with him and black rabbit.
Arata would actually be more in the tomoki sakurai Model of harem MC (heaven's lost property) Guy's a straight up perv and he knows it but his actions make him very likeable. Most of the girls in the series fall for him despite the perviness and a few seem to play along with his nature quite marvelously
Old 2014-02-22, 06:09   Link #44
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
izayoi from mondaiji isn't a harem MC because really mondaiji aint a harem. If you go by the anime there's virtually zero romance and even from the manga there's no true indication of romance except maybe with him and black rabbit.
Yep. Let`s see if it will. If not, oh well

Btw, I`ve read the latest manga chapter.
Old 2014-02-22, 23:36   Link #45
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
The fact that he's all of those things at once is exactly part of what makes him a Gary Stu... He's a messily written character. But I do agree with you in that I don't see him as a harem MC, either.
More than Gary Stu he is just a multifacetic character that isn't defined by just one or two traits. If he was he would be winning every single problem he meets which isn't the case so far.
Old 2014-02-23, 05:11   Link #46
Merry
One less to go around...

A character having a lot of different traits is fine. But if those traits are just filler and aren't really adding anything substantial to the character, then it starts to get into Sue/Stu territory. You can tell when it's justified for a character to be multifaceted, as opposed to a character that just has a bunch of traits haphazardly slapped together for little to no reason.

To some people, Izayoi can be seen as the former example. As for the rest of us...
Old 2014-02-25, 06:42   Link #47
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

For me personally on a "Main Character Scale", with 0 being Rito (to love ru) and 10 being Akatsuki (Hagure Yuusha) and Izayoi (Mondaiji-tachi), I'd consider Arata an 8.
Old 2014-02-27, 09:33   Link #48
Tiberium Wolf

I went to read the manga. Aghrrr... this series irritates me. I have read till ch8 and I can't read anymore. It just doesn't appeals me.
Old 2014-03-01, 05:43   Link #49
Tenzen12

Wel, noone can blame you for your taste. If you don't like it, I guess that's it.
Old 2014-03-01, 05:51   Link #50
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I went to read the manga. Aghrrr... this series irritates me. I have read till ch8 and I can't read anymore. It just doesn't appeals me.
Thank you. Really, instead of writing this show off you gave it an honest try. Not enough people do that these days.
Old 2014-03-11, 09:12   Link #51
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

If this is going to be 12/13 EPs then it may not be that good, because IMO the manga was not too good at the beginning and got better as the series progressed (yes, a series becoming better over time is still existant!). So if it is 12/13 EPs it will either just involve the "not that good" parts or it will be rushed, but I have serious doubts that it manages to get 24/25/26 EPs because that would be too much again.
Old 2014-04-02, 09:23   Link #52
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
I don't care for blatant wish fulfillment harem shows so I think I'll pass on this one.
Well, not sure this counts as solely wish fulfillment. It has a fairly interesting ongoing plot and characters who are interesting outside of their interactions with the MC, several of the girls don't seem to fall for him so much as "Lol, this guy's funny, we should hang out" and then spend the entire arc with the two of them teasing one of the other characters *cough*Akio*cough*.

That said, it is at its core a story about a boy ending up in a magic academy surrounded by girls, and tons of over the top combat scenes, so there are definitely some aspects of what you mentioned.

What sets it apart from the norm are really two things. First, the MC is utterly hilarious. Cookie Cutter this guy is not. Hell, I wish he'd be the new model. For example, one of the first scenes is him waking up and accidentally doing a boob grab on the childhood friend (don't wince, she goes away soon) who came to wake him up. He yawns, notices where his hand is, then nonchalantly asks if breakfast is ready yet.

The second thing is more subtle. It's the lack of common sense. Not in the "manga = dumb logic" sense, but that the characters themselves are written as slightly off as compared to normals. For example, no one has any trouble talking about killing people. No one has any trouble working with people who have tried to kill them in the past, or vice versa. At first it seems like its just typical manga oddness, but after a while it becomes clear its written like that on purpose.

In this manga, magic is defined as something that departs from your common sense. The magic you study is the one farthest from your true self. For example, the emotionless girl studies wrath. Because of this, all magicians completely ignore any vestige of common sense or order, because its the only way to improve yourself as a magician.

Its not a perfect original by any means. But it sets itself apart from the pack by a good margin, and the story and characters will keep you coming back for more.
Old 2014-07-02, 12:42   Link #53
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Confirmed for airing this fall according to Moon Phase
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2014-07-02, 13:37   Link #54
Izayoi Sakamaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Great ! Thx for the info !
Old 2014-07-02, 14:18   Link #55
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
2014 just keeps getting better.
Old 2014-07-02, 14:21   Link #56
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Wohooo!

Log Horizon S2
UFOtable/Stay Night
Amagi Brilliant Park

and now this!

So hyped for fall!
Old 2014-07-07, 07:11   Link #57
Izayoi Sakamaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi Sakamaki View Post
Great ! Thx for the info !

Official : http://otakomu.jp/archives/117755.html

Staff:
-Studio : Seven Arcs Pictures (Mushibugyo)
-Director : Hiroshi Nishikiori saga Toaru Majutsu no Index, Jyu-Oh-Sei, Melody of Oblivion)
-Series composition : Hiroyuki Yoshino (Magi TVs, Guilty Crown, Accel World)
-Character Design : Shinpei Tomooka (Genei o Kakeru Taiyo, )
-Animation director : Shinpei Tomooka (Genei o Kakeru Taiyou, Sekirei S2)

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Chara

Spoiler:
Old 2014-07-07, 09:56   Link #58
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

The art style is one of the major reasons, why I really like the manga... if the anime team screws it up, then (the magic) god may forgive them... BUT I WILL NOT!
Old 2014-07-07, 10:18   Link #59
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

The grin on that girl with the long black hair is kind of derptastic...

That aside, the music for that PV was fantastic. I'm really surprised. Too bad this is a harem thing. =/
Old 2014-07-07, 10:31   Link #60
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

When I find out Seven Arcs' name in it, I was shocked (I remember watching a few episodes Asura Cryin' when I was in my early stage of late-night anime and I was so stunned by it no words can describe, I'll watch it in full later). I heard good things about this and now that I watched the PV, time to re-read the manga for the third time in a row!
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Closed Thread

Tags
ecchi, harem, seven sins, shonen