AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-03, 21:10   Link #41
Esclair

Love Live x Gundam x Dragons
Old 2014-08-04, 00:22   Link #42
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Outfits are a little too fanservicey for me. But I do like the cast. The song used in the trailer was pretty good. Plus Nana and KitaEri doing the opening and ending themes definitely have me interested. Hopefully Kitamura does more of her rock stuff.
Old 2014-08-04, 03:44   Link #43
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

When I first stumbled the visuals, I thought it looked like Simoun due to the mecha theme and an all-girls cast. Then I looked at the sexy futuristic suits and singing theme, I was immediately reminded by Symphogear and it even had Nana Mizuki as the main heroine. I hope the character songs will be awesome in this one even if they aren't on par with the later.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2014-08-04, 03:48   Link #44
LightDragonman

Sooo, is this gonna be this year's Valvrave The Liberator?
Old 2014-08-04, 03:50   Link #45
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
Sooo, is this gonna be this year's Valvrave The Liberator?
I don't see any space body-swapping vampires so far.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-08-04, 03:51   Link #46
LightDragonman

I mean in terms of tone and campiness.

Also, it looks like Sunrise is still unable to shake off the influence that Code Geass has had on nearly every one of their shows since 2007. XD

Last edited by LightDragonman; 2014-08-04 at 04:38.
Old 2014-08-04, 04:47   Link #47
wm4

Since the show is not so politic-intensive I doubted if it can be anything
like CG or VVV.
In contrast I think it's a more likely pretty girl show like Mai-hime, or, as it
looks very apparent, Wake Up Girls.

Just look at the character archtypes you will find that:

Ange = Mayu Shimada (former idol with frustrating back history)
Salia = Nanami
Hilda = Yoshino (talented player but not working well with MC)
Vivian = Minami (the ace and mascot character)
Rozalie = Miyu
Ersha= Kaya (the big-sis type)
Chris = Airi Hayashida

It'll most likely have serious plots like the couple I just mentioned (both
did have some serious part), but it just won't be the Lelouch experience.
Old 2014-08-04, 04:53   Link #48
tsunade666

Good designs and animation but still... why the need for more skin? I don't see the reason for it or the view of panty other than fan service and I'm not much of a fan of ecchi fan service.
Old 2014-08-04, 05:01   Link #49
hamazura
whatever

i have a feeling this show gonna be waste of mecha design.
super cool transformable Knightframe Strike Freedom.... for ALL GIRLS ANIME? meh
Old 2014-08-04, 05:31   Link #50
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
i have a feeling this show gonna be waste of mecha design.
super cool transformable Knightframe Strike Freedom.... for ALL GIRLS ANIME? meh
its fan service. deal with it. its otaku pandering show >_>
Old 2014-08-04, 06:07   Link #51
Westlo
Lets be reality

Dat Freedom pose

I was just listening to the Symphogear songs wishing their was more shit like it (s3 when! I guess Winter 15?) and this looks like it will fit the bill.
Old 2014-08-04, 06:34   Link #52
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Another mecha anime from Sunrise that it's sounds promising judging from its all-star cast.

However, I suspect that this show might derail itself like Valvrave and Buddy Complex, not to mention that a certain prolific voice actor like Koyasu might ruin everything. (Sorry for bashing him. I personally stay away from him.)

Not being optimistic on this one!
Old 2014-08-04, 07:10   Link #53
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Another mecha anime from Sunrise that it's sounds promising judging from its all-star cast.

However, I suspect that this show might derail itself like Valvrave and Buddy Complex, not to mention that a certain prolific voice actor like Koyasu might ruin everything. (Sorry for bashing him. I personally stay away from him.)

Not being optimistic on this one!
I like Koyasu's voice, his villainesque demeanor when voicing most of his characters (from shows I've seen so far) fits him perfectly, I don't see why you could hate him like that.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2014-08-04, 07:14   Link #54
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I like Koyasu's voice, his villainesque demeanor when voicing most of his characters (from shows I've seen so far) fits him perfectly, I don't see why you could hate him like that.
Sorry for being off-topic, but he's good at voice acting only. Other than voice acting (and singing), Koyasu as an author is very bad. Again, it's my personal taste.

Anyways, I wonder if Mitsuo Fukuda would insert some flashbacks this time around, or regain his reputation with this anime series.
Old 2014-08-04, 07:17   Link #55
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

is there any reason why it look really similar with Super Robot Wars:OG ?

Old 2014-08-04, 09:57   Link #56
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I mean in terms of tone and campiness.
VVV was not camp. I say this as someone who watches Syfy and Asylum movies on a regular basis.
Quote:
Anyways, I wonder if Mitsuo Fukuda would insert some flashbacks this time around, or regain his reputation with this anime series.
That was just Cosmic Era gundam, there were very little flashbacks in Gear Fighter Dendoh.
Quote:
is there any reason why it look really similar with Super Robot Wars:OG ?
The mechs looks like those super sonic real robots developed from the Lion series that first premiered in Alpha 2. I was thinking more Phoenix Gundam, but that is just me.
Old 2014-08-04, 19:18   Link #57
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That pilot suit looks outrageous to me (especially the crotch and the skin-revealing parts). I can't believe for a second that it was made to be tactical or comfortable. It seems the costume designer is trying a bit too hard to make it fanservice-y.
It's horrible. I'm all for fanservice (male or female, gotta have equality!), but come on....if you're going to design a battle suit, at least have it cover up the vital parts! It's just the wrong way to do fanservice. The rest of the designs are fine, imo. But that suit is just horrible.

Other than that, the preview looked pretty cool, actually. The music was very Kajiura-ish, but the visuals looked nice and the premise seems unique enough to warrant a look.
Old 2014-08-04, 20:00   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's horrible. I'm all for fanservice (male or female, gotta have equality!), but come on....if you're going to design a battle suit, at least have it cover up the vital parts! It's just the wrong way to do fanservice. The rest of the designs are fine, imo. But that suit is just horrible.
Exactly.

I'm actually fine with the robot. Even though the design screams "unoriginal!!!" (cue Freedom's wings, Strike Freedom's color-scheme, and head-visor design borrowed from countless mechas out there), it looks rather elegant.

Quote:
Other than that, the preview looked pretty cool, actually. The music was very Kajiura-ish, but the visuals looked nice and the premise seems unique enough to warrant a look.
My main reason to watch this will be for the "mechas vs. dragons"-element, the visuals, and the music. I haven't seen Symphogear so I don't know what this series will become. I hope they give us a good reason/expalanation for why we only have girls as Norma-pilots, not something stupid like "the machines only compatible with females (except for the MC)" like Infinite Stratos and Sakura Taisen or "only females have the magical power to control the weapons" like Strike Witches. Or did I miss something and they already explained it in the synopsis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
VVV was not camp. I say this as someone who watches Syfy and Asylum movies on a regular basis.
OMG! Why would you do that? Are you a masochist?
Old 2014-08-04, 20:11   Link #59
tsunade666

Quote:
It's fine. it also happen in Kill la Kill and its still ended enjoyable though its only one of the SELECT FEW. I enjoy with this face palming fan service view
Old 2014-08-04, 22:53   Link #60
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I haven't seen Symphogear so I don't know what this series will become.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It's fine. it also happen in Kill la Kill and its still ended enjoyable though its only one of the SELECT FEW. I enjoy with this face palming fan service view
Symphogear and Kill la Kill were both somehow capable of making a whole bunch of things that don't usually work together into something that ended up being greater than their parts. Maybe Cross Ange can do that too, I dunno.

My beef is more in the overall blatant aspect of the design. I mean, it's one thing to design a sexy uniform. Lots of anime do that, even old school ones like Eva with the skin tight suits and plugs. But it's another thing to make an otherwise normal suit "sexy" by simply removing the area around the cleavage, waist, and crotch. The exposed underwear is even sillier. It barely covers the crotch! She's got all of this armor that covers the arms, legs, shoulders, and back.....and yet magically the sexy parts are exposed? Bleh.

It's pandering, pure and simple. She has more coverage in her normal clothing! O_o

On the bright side, at least she doesn't have watermelon breasts. So far.

I just wish Japanese designers would realize that you don't have to dress women like this to make them look sexy. Or panty/crotch shot spam. Or excessive breast sizes and jiggle physics. It's become so cliche that it's not even erotic anymore. It's just stupid.

Obviously there's people that still like this stuff....but it's become tiresome to me, personally.