AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Old 2014-07-05, 17:27   Link #41
HandofFate

Episode 01 was fun.
RIP Princess (or is she!)
Wouldn't be surprised if the Space Knights was behind the assassination.

A bit cloudy on the details on the timeline, but the 15-20 years whatever backstory they gave so far with going to space and ect...
It seems like a ton of progression for such a short period of time, being able to have a full military armada in space + setting up a military earth school.

Not sure about everyone else, but just going with the assumption that the earth people DID try to whack the Princess.

I'm on the side of the Space Knights, and I hope they teach these mudturtles a lesson and wipe them all out.
Old 2014-07-05, 17:27   Link #42
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
If the protagonist looks bored out of his mind during a missile strike, then why should we care?
Is he for sure the protagonist?
Old 2014-07-05, 17:28   Link #43
HandofFate

Quote:
If the protagonist looks bored out of his mind during a missile strike, then why should we care?
Because its an unusual reaction, and done on purpose.
Old 2014-07-05, 17:30   Link #44
Irenesharda

Quote:
It wasn't really that he's bored, but apathetic, like he's incapable of showing his emotions to the same degree as everyone else. It's unusual, but not impossible.

And Slaine is our other MC, and he seems to show emotion pretty well, so it will work out. Also, all the supporting cast help with the mood as well.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 17:34   Link #45
juve

I think the MC better show some emotions next episode, don't want a bland main character. Nor do I want meet the princess and develop some emotions trope.
The princess seems pretty generic as well. That other dude Slaine is not bad though. Not sure I like the drunkard teacher but MC's sister is cute.

Last edited by juve; 2014-07-05 at 17:49.
juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 17:35   Link #46
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Not sure about everyone else, but just going with the assumption that the earth people DID try to whack the Princess.

I'm on the side of the Space Knights, and I hope they teach these mudturtles a lesson and wipe them all out.
Once that dark haired noble guy (who really just needed a mustache to twirl to complete the look) basically said that if the Terrans attacked the princess, it would give them the chance and excuse to attack the Earth and take over the planet. It almost went without saying that they were behind the Princess' attack.

From what was said at the end, there's a lot of in-fighting over power and none of the knights like each other, so its not that surprising that the Vers nobility would try to get rid of the Princess, to no only catalyze a takeover of Earth, but also to grab more powers for themselves. Only the blond count guy seemed to ever care about the Princess.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-05, 17:37   Link #47
Arya

Definitely the best first episode of the season, the pace was excellent, awesome visuals and I loved the OST. So far I like every character, that usually is very rare Each of them has potential. Looking forward for the next episode.
This episode really stands out from your average mecha show routine, and it's like the director is using a western approach making it, don't know how to explain it, and the kids at the end felt very hollywood like.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 17:40   Link #48
HandofFate

I cracked up @ the end with the kids wishing for everyone to get along and live in peace.

I was seriously bracing myself there. For the kids to suddenly get incinerated. I would have started laughing for 5 minutes straight if that happened. It would be sooo excessive melodramatic.
Old 2014-07-05, 17:45   Link #49
Arya

Definitely too extreme, they subtlety left it to our imagination!!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-07-05, 17:45   Link #50
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

The only gripe I have with this, and it's a very minor one, is that this episode was heavy on exposition delivered with little subtlety. But other than that, brilliant episode - the setup's interesting, the direction and soundtrack are stellar, and it didn't really fall into any established mecha cliché (for one, the protagonist didn't jump into a mecha he only can pilot and save the day by the end of episode 1). If anything, it reminded me of Independence Day .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 17:46   Link #51
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I cracked up @ the end with the kids wishing for everyone to get along and live in peace.

I was seriously bracing myself there. For the kids to suddenly get incinerated. I would have started laughing for 5 minutes straight if that happened. It would be sooo excessive melodramatic.
I actually thought of that too. I was bracing for it, but I guess the irony was enough.

So, as this show will inevitably have character deaths, who did you think has the most chance so far to be the first to die? True we have yet to see the full cast, but I'm just going by what I see so far. I think the classmates and the sister probably have the biggest chance right now.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-05, 17:46   Link #52
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
The only gripe I have with this, and it's a very minor one, is that this episode was heavy on exposition delivered with little subtlety. But other than that, brilliant episode - the setup's interesting, the direction and soundtrack are stellar, and it didn't really fall into any established mecha cliché (for one, the protagonist didn't jump into a mecha he only can pilot and save the day by the end of episode 1). If anything, it reminded me of Independence Day .
Same here.

Old 2014-07-05, 17:54   Link #53
Awrya
U mad?

I came across a good anime with lots of potential, definitely a must follow.

That last scene wishing for world peace, never trust shooting stars again.
Old 2014-07-05, 17:56   Link #54
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Would actually be a surprise first for me if our MC on Earth is really apathetic. Also, the moment I heard the upcoming OST when one of the castles were landing. I was instantly shouting "OH ITS TIME FOR MORE EPIC MUSIC FROM SAWANO HIROYUKI!" They even have Kalafina in this madness, loving this so far.
Old 2014-07-05, 17:56   Link #55
juve

Who would wish for world peace on shooting stars anyway?
It does have a nadesico vibe. But alot of the older 80's and 90's mecha anime vibe as well. The whole blue planet earth and the aliens fixation on the azure.
But that main character is a robot or an alien.
juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 18:02   Link #56
MgMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
The only gripe I have with this, and it's a very minor one, is that this episode was heavy on exposition delivered with little subtlety.
Same here but then I thought that maybe they just want to get it out of the way faster so they can get to the good stuff. Sometimes it works like a charm.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 18:06   Link #57
Baldurkai
Ultra durable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Loved it! This and Tokyo Ghoul had my favourite setup episode so far.
Loved the setting, the characters and setup have me interested, the animation is nice and I'm a fan of the classic, imageless ending credits. Seemed very fitting, given what just happened. Great first episode.

Yup. Something's up with him, it didn't seem like a particularly natural reaction. At all

Oh and like most, I have almost no doubt that the princess will be alive- for now. It seemed too obviously like a decoy to not be one- unless Urobutcher is trolling and this is actually it for her... heh.
I have to agree this and Tokyo ghoul seem to be the best out for summer anime, can't wait for the next episode!

Agreed with you there, i wish the princess would not come back but I'm sure everyone knows by now that she's alive, so disappointing she had such a funny name too >_<! Suitable for the situation she's in.

Great anime apart from the funky names otherwise really worth watching
Baldurkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 18:08   Link #58
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Honesty this remind me a lot of Gundam Age, except the Vegan this time is xxxxx times more jerkassery. Hopefully there will be a Flit Asuno that more genocidal than the original one and it plain obvious it these Vers Knight did the assassination. It funny how in these Earthian vs the other race from Space conflict, I always sided with the Earthian. Human race FTW and True human patriot over here!!!
Old 2014-07-05, 18:11   Link #59
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Once that dark haired noble guy (who really just needed a mustache to twirl to complete the look) basically said that if the Terrans attacked the princess, it would give them the chance and excuse to attack the Earth and take over the planet. It almost went without saying that they were behind the Princess' attack.

From what was said at the end, there's a lot of in-fighting over power and none of the knights like each other, so its not that surprising that the Vers nobility would try to get rid of the Princess, to no only catalyze a takeover of Earth, but also to grab more powers for themselves. Only the blond count guy seemed to ever care about the Princess.
Well they could go with the angle that the attack was done by humans, backed covertly by the Vers/Knights (personally I'm confused by the Vers verse the Knights issue at this point and I think it's going to take a few more episodes to clear that up).

As for the MC Terran and his emotionless attitude, I kept thinking he was coming off like he had Asperger syndrome. Not sure if that's what they were wanting to go for, though. When the episode started I thought he was just one of those kids who was going through a phase of trying to act emotionless for whatever reason. It didn't really start coming off as wacko until the attack. That said, humans can have weird reactions to extreme unexpected events and someone shooting rockets out of the blue at a visiting dignitary does fall under that category. It could be the show was trying to express that with the scene (remember, he saw what was going on in a reflection - maybe it didn't quite "click" on what was going on fast as it should have) but I'd have to say that is the one part of the show that didn't quite work for me. Hopefully this will clear up in the next few episodes
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 18:20   Link #60
ChampDream
Alive

this seem good so far, now the question is:
Is the princess really dead?

Tags
mecha, sci-fi