1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-07, 23:02   Link #41
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I was expecting someone more grizzled in traditional Japanese kimono myself.
Like that gentle old man from Matou family?
Old 2014-06-07, 23:06   Link #42
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Is there a reason kudou retsu or w/e his name is doesn't have eyes???? That was...creepy

edit:

Oh and I was really hoping for Miyuki to freeze the artificial hot spring into a big block of ice (lol)
Old 2014-06-08, 02:27   Link #43
RoboMambo

So far this arc has been uneventful. A few things happened here or there, but nothing too meaningful. This is slow. Almost as slow as that sliding car.

I find it weird and slightly discomforting how apparently everyone in the future is a prude. And gay for Miyuki.

That old man was douche. He probably does that everywere. Someone enters a car, and hears from the backseat "If I was a terrorist you'd be dead". In a closet pretending to be a coat, in the batroom waiting in the shower box, or hidden under a kitchen sink, "If I was a terrorist you'd be dead".
Old 2014-06-08, 02:48   Link #44
Kakurin
大佐

A couple of interesting little details popped up. So Mikihiko used to have course 1 abilities but lost it due to the accident (I guess that's the first confirmation in the anime of the potential to lose magical powers due to accidents / mental shocks). That's why his family send him out there to look at what he's supposedly missed. Erika seems to experience the same thing. Then, Erika mentioning how cold Tatsuya is, showing no bits of sympathy. Now we've got a third party in there supporting what Tatsuya says about himself regarding his emotions. But somehow she thanks him about that.

Also funny how big of an issue this dress code is. Miyuki pointing out to Mizuki how she was too revealing and everybody wearing clothes while bathing.

All in all a rather slow episode, but I think it's a good thing considering how many new side characters popped up. For the next one I sure hope they will show Mayumi's event.

Oh, before I forget it, am I the only one who thought "Hey, it's Kirito when he's spacing out" when Ichijou opened his mouth?
Old 2014-06-08, 03:03   Link #45
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_season View Post
I assume the committee presidents (Mayumi, Mari, Juumonji) are all third years?
yes
(last year in school)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Erika's maid uniform is a cosplay? Then all the people in the party wearing different Magic High School uniform, and not to mention what Mikihiko is wearing should be cosplay too.
No, I do not think you are wearing a cosplay, Erika it is just you.

Erika thanks Tatsuya for being cold.
I actually have mixed feelings about this.
No, bad feelings about this.
Erika would not feel pathetic because Tatsuya is not feeling sorry?
If that is because they are in a middle of a welcoming party, then it should be okay, I suppose.
Even so, Tatsuya being cold is rather a very bad sign for me.

These magicians with personal problems in their family, whatever the goals are, they can no longer live as normal humans in the future I bet.
I guess it because both her and Miki in though situation because of their family
but don't like other people pity

and with him she don't need to hold back with him even if he know about her situation/family
Old 2014-06-08, 03:13   Link #46
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
looks like this guy is epitome of overpower in his own universe, he could surpass gilgamesh and izayoi
Retsu, you mean? His point was that being clever matters more than being powerful. Though I don't think his demonstration was very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_season View Post
I assume the committee presidents (Mayumi, Mari, Juumonji) are all third years?
That's right.
Old 2014-06-08, 03:31   Link #47
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Also funny how big of an issue this dress code is. Miyuki pointing out to Mizuki how she was too revealing and everybody wearing clothes while bathing.

All in all a rather slow episode, but I think it's a good thing considering how many new side characters popped up. For the next one I sure hope they will show Mayumi's event.

Oh, before I forget it, am I the only one who thought "Hey, it's Kirito when he's spacing out" when Ichijou opened his mouth?
A minor detail left out from the novels. The future is more or less uber conservative in terms of fashion sense. Showing skin or any kind of sexuality is a bad thing. Culture left over from the 3rd world war and global cooling.

Of course that's just an excuse for the author to draw parallels of pre-war japan where much of this is based on.

Still though there is a point. Many Nations and cultures around the world when faced with harsh environments, dictatorships, wars, etc, etc....fashion does turn super conservative to an extreme. (middle east can be crazy)
Old 2014-06-08, 03:39   Link #48
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

So... If I understand.

The new guy wants Miyuki. He might try to take her away from Tatsuya to fail miserably because Miyuki wants only her brother ? That's going to be such a boring part of the story.

Apart from that, I want to see how the competition will be held. There aren't any precise information about it.
Old 2014-06-08, 03:41   Link #49
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post

Of course that's just an excuse for the author to draw parallels of pre-war japan where much of this is based on.
??

Most countries histories goes through cycles of liberalism and conservatism though.
There was an age of sexuality before this conservative one in Mahouka too.
Old 2014-06-08, 03:59   Link #50
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
because of global cooling
-> world become a lot colder than now even summer is colder than today winter
-> which cause people to wear more cloth
-> people for years used to wear a lot of cloth to protect themselves from cold -> after few generation it become normal to wear full body cloth
-> that why even when weather become better people still go by full cloth code

(if you notice it unless it sport even male wear full body cloth)
Old 2014-06-08, 04:39   Link #51
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
??

Most countries histories goes through cycles of liberalism and conservatism though.
There was an age of sexuality before this conservative one in Mahouka too.
Not really, that's a whole different area of topic though. Suffice to say it's usually has a lot to do with economics.

In Madouka the era of sexuality is era "current" aka us. Which by many definition. Probably is.

Off topic liberalism happens when economy is blooming and quality of life is stable. Consevativsm happens when things are rough and turmoil.-generally speaking

Because on tgeroical level one is the freedom of rights while the other is the conformity of rights, or restriction.

Madouka is definitely not in a very stable world coming out of a world war and many bloody battles. Not a few years back.
Old 2014-06-08, 05:46   Link #52
n120cky

I think the author is into voyeurism, with that school uniform design it's true that's it isn,t much revealing but, the design only bring the silhouette of female student at the most, and even the studio abuse it to draw sexy pose occasionally.

And the bath with very thin cloth that will get transparent from the water..., this definitely much worse(read sexy) than naked...
Old 2014-06-08, 06:17   Link #53
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
I think the author is into voyeurism, with that school uniform design it's true that's it isn,t much revealing but, the design only bring the silhouette of female student at the most, and even the studio abuse it to draw sexy pose occasionally.

And the bath with very thin cloth that will get transparent from the water..., this definitely much worse(read sexy) than naked...
I guess they don't hate sexy cloth but revealing cloth thank to mini cold age
Old 2014-06-08, 06:53   Link #54
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
So... If I understand.

The new guy wants Miyuki. He might try to take her away from Tatsuya to fail miserably because Miyuki wants only her brother ? That's going to be such a boring part of the story.

Apart from that, I want to see how the competition will be held. There aren't any precise information about it.
You know, the boring part supposed to be the competition itself. The duel between Masaki and Tatsuya should be interesting. C'mon, it's in the opening sequence!
Old 2014-06-08, 09:00   Link #55
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Erika's maid uniform is a cosplay? Then all the people in the party wearing different Magic High School uniform, and not to mention what Mikihiko is wearing should be cosplay too.
No, I do not think you are wearing a cosplay, Erika it is just you.

Erika thanks Tatsuya for being cold.
I actually have mixed feelings about this.
No, bad feelings about this.
Erika would not feel pathetic because Tatsuya is not feeling sorry?
If that is because they are in a middle of a welcoming party, then it should be okay, I suppose.
Even so, Tatsuya being cold is rather a very bad sign for me.

These magicians with personal problems in their family, whatever the goals are, they can no longer live as normal humans in the future I bet.
You clearly did not listen afterwards.... Erika said the guys said it was cosplay.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-06-08, 09:06   Link #56
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

You have to admit, her outfit was more "maid cafe" than "hotel".
Old 2014-06-08, 10:52   Link #57
cleo

Rather slow ep, but I liked to see some normal character interactions. They dragged out the Miyuki admiration a bit too much for my liking. I'd rather had seen some more background on Miki. Also, the demonstration by Retsu felt a bit lackluster. It worked on most students, so he proved his point. But from the head of the clans, I expected something more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
-The bus stopped due to Suzune casting a deceleration spell, long enough for them to have a conversation about what to do with the incoming car. (That was a long strategy session... The car should have hit them in seconds)
That made me facepalm too. However, it was a good way of showing how well-trained Miyuki is. A burning car rushes their way, and she has the ability to kill the fire. However, she refraines, and waits until they've decided on a strategy. That's impressive. Looks like she's used to following orders.
Old 2014-06-08, 10:54   Link #58
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
However, it was a good way of showing how well-trained Miyuki is. A burning car rushes their way, and she has the ability to kill the fire. However, she refraines, and waits until they've decided on a strategy. That's impressive. Looks like she's used to following orders.
Trained yes, following orders no. It was her who took the initiative to put out the flames.
Old 2014-06-08, 11:09   Link #59
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I get what you are saying I also expected someone that looked older and more elderly.
They omitted Kudou's description from his appearance but he's actually over ninety in age iirc. Still, why they chose to omit eyeballs as part of his design is beyond me.

His address about the terrorist bit might seem harsh but given his experience and background as a prominent figure in the Master Clans, he's likely speaking from experience to educate the students, in the same vein as he advised them on the proper usage and treatment of magic use. His address carried a deeper point but unfortunately it was omitted as well so I'll leave it to someone else to bring it up if they deem it important enough for discussion.

I do like the way they brought up Gram Dispersion via Miyuki's quick monologue since it served as a quick exposition to bridge events and it was done well in context. Hopefully they will make more use of this in coming episodes since they're going to need all the extra time they can squeeze out from each episode.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2014-06-08, 12:12   Link #60
rladls2121

Sorry, males in the party said Erika is wearing a cosplay.
I missed the part.

Global cooling, the females students are used to wearing some cloths even going inside into the bathtubs with no complaints.
A military facility.

Kirihara's statements about Tatsuya, Miyuki, and other freshmen students really gave me the attention to this episode
Closed Thread