AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-18, 06:19   Link #41
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
The roots of World War 3 to start is because there are food and energy shortage.

Also Tatsuya must solve those thing so Humanist will accept magician.

However no one in this novel think about how to stop the War.

Not to mention all Families in japan only think about power and weapon.
They never think magic can be use to save the world.
true, but so far the only large scale application of magic in society is the military or anything related to combat, intelligence, covert ops etc.

Off course the magic families in japan will focus on that in order not to lose their power and influence. And focusing on keeping their power and influence doesn't leave much room to research magic for other applications.
And besides research on that scale requires manpower, funding and government support.
And since there were no viable proof that magic can be used as power generation, or food production or any other major economical branch the government has chose to focus resources on more conventional technologies leaving magic research on a smaller scale.

Now tatsuya research is about finding a viable working principle for the gravity controlled fusion reactor.And the biggest obstacle as he stated is the ability to store magic sequences for later use. Hence his research in that relic he got from his step mother. IF he can crack that and store magic sequences that only needs 1 magician to activate and then runs on its own he solved the puzzle not to mention the million other application that technology can have.

And his goal is not to satisfy the Humanist his goal is to make magic a bigger part of society and giving magicians more choices in life then just the military.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 18:53   Link #42
SinsI

What's really strange about Mahouka is that they seem to form more-or-less traditional monogamous families.
If I were in charge of increasing magic might of a country, I would've made each prominent male magician have a few hundred commoner women as concubines. Even if magic genes are recessive, in 2-3 generations one would be able to get a massive explosion in the number of highly talented magicians.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 19:16   Link #43
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
What's really strange about Mahouka is that they seem to form more-or-less traditional monogamous families.
If I were in charge of increasing magic might of a country, I would've made each prominent male magician have a few hundred commoner women as concubines. Even if magic genes are recessive, in 2-3 generations one would be able to get a massive explosion in the number of highly talented magicians.
I agree. Look at Shizuku's mother. They even forbid magician from marrying normal people. Is this racism?
Old 2014-05-15, 19:28   Link #44
bakato

Quote:
No politician would be willing to risk his but inflaming the masses just to get more magicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
I agree. Look at Shizuku's mother. They even forbid magician from marrying normal people. Is this racism?
No. It's more like they want magicians to marry magicians to produce stronger magicians.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 19:38   Link #45
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
No politician would be willing to risk his but inflaming the masses just to get more magicians.

No. It's more like they want magicians to marry magicians to produce stronger magicians.
I do wonder who is stronger bennio or shizuku?
Old 2014-05-15, 19:46   Link #46
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
I do wonder who is stronger bennio or shizuku?
Probably Shizuku. It was stated that magical power was on the rise in successive generations.
Old 2014-05-15, 20:18   Link #47
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Probably Shizuku. It was stated that magical power was on the rise in successive generations.
true do you think that shizuku little brother will become magic engineer for her if tatsuya mentor him a bit or persevere in studying on how become a magic engineer?
Old 2014-05-15, 20:39   Link #48
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
i concur. they should breed like rabbits.
My Zodiac Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 20:42   Link #49
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
true do you think that shizuku little brother will become magic engineer for her if tatsuya mentor him a bit or persevere in studying on how become a magic engineer?
Probably since Tatsuya says so, but I wouldn't expect anything spectacular.
Old 2014-05-15, 20:46   Link #50
guestuser

Quote:
then how will they deal with those that dont want magic because not all people support magic in mahouka that is like asking for a revolt against the government
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 20:49   Link #51
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
then how will they deal with those that dont want magic because not all people support magic in mahouka that is like asking for a revolt against the government
who don't want magic ? magician is superior human and they're use to protect the country.
Old 2014-05-15, 20:52   Link #52
guestuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Zodiac Aries View Post
who don't want magic ? magician is superior human and they're use to protect the country.
tell that to the people who hunted witches in Europe and their are religious people that believe in god gave them their natural ability not magic so it is not that of a good relationship and some are one step away before they condemn it with violence
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 20:55   Link #53
IceHism

Quote:
The Humanism movement of course. I think most of the USNA are humanists and they're spreading all over the place.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 21:02   Link #54
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
tell that to the people who hunted witches in Europe and their are religious people that believe in god gave them their natural ability not magic so it is not that of a good relationship and some are one step away before they condemn it with violence
modern magic is different with Witches, witches is Satanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
The Humanism movement of course. I think most of the USNA are humanists and they're spreading all over the place.
humanist is terorist. they're foolish because they don't know who stop the Nuclear, actually they should thanks their Savior.
Old 2014-05-15, 21:18   Link #55
zerozeronine

Quote:
modern magic is different with Witches, witches is Satanic.

humanist is terorist. they're foolish because they don't know who stop the Nuclear, actually they should thanks their Savior.

Re-read the Visitor's arc lots of normal humans in the USNA are starting to be against magicians because of intel that humanist are leaking in the media.It's also spreading worldwide.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 21:21   Link #56
CatRules
Shipper

Normal people can still be the one ruling because they outnumber magicians. But IF the number of mages become larger, they might lose control of mages and end up being the one ruled. It isn't much different than being conquered by other nations.

............. well who know, mages might take revenge for what normal people did to them during the first half of 21st century?

p.s. wait!!!! Shouldn't this be discussed in World and Setting Thread?
Old 2014-05-15, 21:28   Link #57
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Re-read the Visitor's arc lots of normal humans in the USNA are starting to be against magicians because of intel that humanist are leaking in the media.It's also spreading worldwide.
The author make them look foolish, normal human can't stop Nuclear and the magician save them by stopping Nuclear bomb. Now they want to kill magician. Don't make sense.
Old 2014-05-15, 21:33   Link #58
zerozeronine

Quote:
The author make them look foolish, normal human can't stop Nuclear and the magician save them by stopping Nuclear bomb. Now they want to kill magician. Don't make sense.

I wouldn't say kill them outright,some would want to kill them,some would rather regulate them more especially use as weapons in the military.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 22:05   Link #59
IceHism

Quote:
Well if you read volume 8, the man did say magicians have an obligation to muggles. Of course the yotsuba are badass and was like "no we don't, fuck off"
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 22:29   Link #60
millie10468

Am I the only one who's reminded of Coordinators and Naturals of the Gundam franhise when it comes to magicians and nonmagicians in this series? At this rate, isn't it only a matter of time until the magicians have to leave to create their own society? Though hopefully not into space

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote