5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-24, 10:55   Link #41
ndqanh_vn

As I said, the only reason I have been waiting for this arc is because of Kaiki :"> Cannot wait to see how SHAFT would do his special style of narration.

The YES - NO scene is done really well. It is those moment that shines on me how good of a studio they could be when they feel like it. Too bad this season they have been very inconsistent. But I hope we would have a proper arc to end this season. The later novels are too much padding to my taste so I am fine if they ended it here. Just please, SHAFT, do a good job with it.

However, judging from the novel content, I wonder if the dialoque with Senjougahara is dragging too much. It is just the openning of the volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post

Well that's MY OPINION, ok? It's fine if you don't agree.I won't discuss it anymore because i don't want my posts to be deleted by a moderator
It's fine to me if you don't agree. Heck I don't even care about Hitagi anyways. Just wanted to share my interpretation of the scene, because I thought when people make a post to a forum they actually want to discuss about their ideas. Guess it is my mistake. Sorry sir, hope you have fun with your watching experience, she would not be featured much in the arc anyways.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 11:06   Link #42
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
She has 74 days to get the money, yet she mentioned prostituiton as if it was natural
She and her boyfriend is about to be brutally murdered. There is nothing natural about that. She hired a charlatan who by definition is untrustworthy, and who she personally despise. That also is not natural.

You say you don't want to talk about it anymore, and that's your choice. But given a little over two months of time left of your life before the violent death of both you and, more importantly, someone you love, what would you be willing to do to prevent it?

Of course, if your answer is "dying "PURE" and go to my religious paradise of preference", I would understand, but disagree.
Old 2013-11-24, 11:17   Link #43
Shikijin

Quote:
Prostitution should be the last resource not the first one.
It was meant to be the last resource.
Quote:
And yes there were more ways, she could work 2 months
Technically I don't think she could, as school regulations in Japan nowadays may forbid students working part time. And anyway, she would have to get a lot of money fast, which is not most kinds of jobs allow you to, especially for a newly employed, a minor in addition.
Quote:
ask kanbaru for some money(the gaen are rich right?)
The grandparents of Suruga you see mentioned are from the Kanbaru's side of the family. It was her mother who was a Gaen, but her father was a Kanbaru. And anyway no, there is a limit to what you can ask to a friend. The whole Japanese culture makes a point of not being a bother to others.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 11:33   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kaiki is a dick but you've got to admit he's hilariously entertaining. I laughed so hard when he bought that shirt just to one-up Hitagi. What the hell was he thinking?

His soliloquy at the end was fantastic. He listed tons of valid reasons he should help and dismissed them all because he has no sense of guilt and doesn't care about anybody... except Kanbaru, apparently. That's interesting. I suspect that deep down, he isn't as bad as he pretends to be though. His habit of lying is so bad he might even be lying to himself as well. His reaction when Hitagi suggested she should prostitute herself was pretty telling. This wasn't the reaction of somebody with no morals.
Old 2013-11-24, 11:34   Link #45
ndqanh_vn

Going for Kaiki is probably something similar to last resort already. I know from the book that the relationship between them is more complicated that what have been shown, but it's certain that Kaiki is somebody she would not want to get involved with again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
His habit of lying is so bad he might even be lying to himself as well. His reaction when Hitagi suggested she should prostitute herself was pretty telling. This wasn't the reaction of somebody who doesn't care.
When I read that part, I instantly feel that this would be the best monogatari for me.

I mean both of the coffee and the shirt
Old 2013-11-24, 11:38   Link #46
HandofFate

hot coffee in hitagi's face was great lol.

i much prefer paying for shinobu time than hitagi time though. XD
Old 2013-11-24, 11:45   Link #47
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

And yes there were more ways, she could work 2 months,ask kanbaru for some money(the gaen are rich right?) and even her father (he must be poor but he can help with some money,she doesn't have to tell him the truth).I mean there were more ways to earn the money.. but she just jumped to sell her body like it was the normal thing to do

Well that's MY OPINION, ok? It's fine if you don't agree.I won't discuss it anymore because i don't want my posts to be deleted by a moderator
But it was the last resource if you consider that it has already been two months since Nadeko became a god. Kaiki is MOST definitely the last person she would have counted on meaning she is at the end of her rope. It's either he helps or she and Araragi dies.

As for the whole whoring herself thing I am 100% sure that if Kaiki told her to blow him right there and then in front of everyone at the airport she would have done it. When it comes to Koyomi she can give away all self-respect.

Doujin artists, DO YOUR WORST. I'll be sitting back with popcorns in hand.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-11-24 at 16:03. Reason: removed spoiler hint from quote
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 11:59   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Doujin artists, DO YOUR WORST. I'll be sitting back with popcorns in hand.
Right, popcorns.
Old 2013-11-24, 12:34   Link #49
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
It was meant to be the last resource.
That should be pretty obvious, seeing as her voice shook when she asked him if 100k wasn't enough. She was just desperately throwing out options, not cementing she most certainly will do it.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 12:52   Link #50
zato_1one

Quote:

And yes there were more ways, she could work 2 months,ask kanbaru for some money(the gaen are rich right?) and even her father (he must be poor but he can help with some money,she doesn't have to tell him the truth).I mean there were more ways to earn the money.. but she just jumped to sell her body like it was the normal thing to do
Nope, you just repeated what Senjougahara said. She did say that she has 74 days and that's enough time to collect large sum of money. She said "I wouldn't mind selling my body if it came down to it". So yes, she did consider that option as the last resource.

But I'd say that her words did the trick. If she didn't say such an extreme method, I doubt that Kaiki would start to find a reason to help her.
Old 2013-11-24, 13:21   Link #51
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
Certainly they love to market Hitagi as the main girl, but as I remember she did not appear much in this novel. She only appeared in the beginning, and only had some short later meeting with Kaiki.

But who cares about Hitagi? I love Kaiki. The man is here, that alone could make me happy enough.
I know right? It's all about Kaiki! I can definitely see this arc being my favorite of the series.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 13:41   Link #52
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

That was glorious. If the whole arc is anything like this, with all the verbal dancing, and the slow reveals of hidden motives, then this will be the topper on a really good season.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 13:54   Link #53
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kaiki is a dick but you've got to admit he's hilariously entertaining. I laughed so hard when he bought that shirt just to one-up Hitagi. What the hell was he thinking?

His soliloquy at the end was fantastic. He listed tons of valid reasons he should help and dismissed them all because he has no sense of guilt and doesn't care about anybody... except Kanbaru, apparently. That's interesting. I suspect that deep down, he isn't as bad as he pretends to be though. His habit of lying is so bad he might even be lying to himself as well. His reaction when Hitagi suggested she should prostitute herself was pretty telling. This wasn't the reaction of somebody with no morals.
Trying to sympathize with Kaiki is a mistake. The man has already got you by the ropes I'm afraid.

As far as I understood about his character from previous episodes, he rationalizes things like a true villain. He is indeed the best villain of this show. I am so looking forward to how he tricks, cons, or deceives the final boss.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 14:11   Link #54
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
hot coffee in hitagi's face was great lol.

i much prefer paying for shinobu time than hitagi time though. XD

Nope. It is Kaiki's tine.
Old 2013-11-24, 14:34   Link #55
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
It's fine to me if you don't agree. Heck I don't even care about Hitagi anyways. Sorry sir, hope you have fun with your watching experience, she would not be featured much in the arc anyways.
But I didn't mean to be rude to you to begin with,when i said "you" i was talking about people here,not just you.Ok now I'm confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Of course, if your answer is "dying "PURE" and go to my religious paradise of preference", I would understand, but disagree.
I don't even care about her being pure or not,she is not even virgin to begin with(remember nise). I'm just talking about something ilegal like underage prostitution...

Shikijin, suruga would give her the money everyday anyday(But your explanation of her family was ok).And about school regulations.. really? We all know there is no problem there after all the series we have watched where students work and the school knows nothing

Omimon, oh you

ok i'm done with this,enjoy this arc.I surely will if gahara is not there
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 14:44   Link #56
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Dang, guess I'll hold off on what I was gonna say then.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 14:44   Link #57
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Illegal?
ILLEGAL?
That's your problem? That she would break the law?

And you don't see anything insane about saying that to someone who had two months left to live?

She is about to be executed, and you are judging her for breaking the law?
Old 2013-11-24, 14:51   Link #58
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wait, so is Nadeko just chillin there at the shrine till graduation? What are her parents/teachers/etc. thinking about this?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 14:52   Link #59
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Wait, so is Nadeko just chillin there at the shrine till graduation? What are her parents/teachers/etc. thinking about this?
All will be revealed.
Old 2013-11-24, 15:16   Link #60
Shikijin

Quote:
Shikijin, suruga would give her the money everyday anyday(But your explanation of her family was ok).And about school regulations.. really? We all know there is no problem there after all the series we have watched where students work and the school knows nothing
The kind of money Kaiki wanted was clearly a lot more than Suruga's allowance, and Hitagi could not explain her situation to Suruga's grandparents either.

About part-time work, it depends on the school. The legislation has probably changed over the course of time. Anyway, it's artistic license The same reason why they always go to the roof.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote