AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-03-16, 19:55   Link #41
lived_1714

Of course, they don't show that Issei can use [Divide] after taking the gem in.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 11:44   Link #42
X102reddragon

^ actually they did.
X102reddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 12:07   Link #43
lived_1714

Quote:
Originally Posted by X102reddragon View Post
^ actually they did.
The Blu-Ray version?
Old 2014-03-18, 12:12   Link #44
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived_1714 View Post
The Blu-Ray version?
Nope the original one. You might have been distracted by the naked image of Rias, since it happened a few seconds after it was shown.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 17:22   Link #45
X102reddragon

^ lol bingo.
X102reddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 06:22   Link #46
lived_1714

Re-watched it, yes, Issei did have a punch at Vali which was also [Divide], but I mean in the light novel he divided magic ball or what then Saji commented that Issei wouldn't achieve the same caliber divide as Vali.
Old 2015-05-03, 00:20   Link #47
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
There's a thread in the novel sub-forum that's sadly underused: High School DxD - Weekly Anime Episode-to-Novel Comparison Thread [Spoilers Aplenty]

And I would HIGHLY SUGGEST that all this discussion move there.
Well as he said we should try using this old dusty closet some more I I'll start what everyone favourite and least favourite change from the novel this season I like the extra scene time that's is being given to some people who didn't get any in the novels and dislike that theirs to much focus on Loki.
Old 2015-05-03, 00:55   Link #48
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well frankly i didnt like the execution of almost everything related to Loki and the battles. Original Loki doesnt come during the conference he ambushes and introduces himself and basically goes without doing Much. Seeing Vali and issei work together would've been rather fun also. As for Akeno and her dad. The impact of the date was completely ruined because the episode before Akeno seems to accept her power but all of the sudden hates her Dad.

Personally one of the questions i've always had is how the hell did he come up with Bilingual originally but i gotta say what they did was utterly idiotic

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 01:49   Link #49
Royalknightftw

Alright here is my rant regarding vol 5 episode

RUSHED AS HELL and a lot of liberties taken which i think is not so good

1. In the LN it was explained how to acquire Gleipnir and why they should use it, how about in the Anime version?? Nope, no single explanation whatsoever
2. Loki in the LN was able to act as cocky as hell thanks to Fenrir, but here not only Fenrir is weak as hell it also just makes Loki looks dumb ( Come on all his "military armaments" are just defective)
3. No love for Akeno, eh ?? Her problem which was introduced and solved brilliantly in the Ln is completely butchered in the Anime version.
4. Too much hype for Sairaorg which makes me feel sick

Well, i understand that TNK is struggling to animate 3 volumes in 12 episodes, but still come on, mixing and rushing the materials is just a recipe for a disaster you know
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 03:36   Link #50
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Well i must agree that now at episode 5 akeno`s drama was rushed , but why everybody can`t understand that it was supposed to a time like this to came . I wonder you wanted that season 5 to finish with ise death ?
Well on the other side , Isshibumi said that chichigami will be introduced in another way so .... we won`t know what will happen till the las episode . We know for sure , from the spoilers across the net and ishibumi tweet that volume 6 will be animated faithfully .
Also I hope here were going to argue about the adaptation , because i have a freind who is non LN reader , and he did enjoy this episode as well as the others .
And looking across the web , the non LN readers , some of them liked this episodes, some of them did not liked it and only some of the LN readers are raging .
And I just wonder , if episodes 6-10 will animate the volume 6 , how they will gonna animate the last fight between Ise and Loki .
Old 2015-05-03, 03:55   Link #51
Krudelu
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
Alright here is my rant regarding vol 5 episode

RUSHED AS HELL and a lot of liberties taken which i think is not so good

1. In the LN it was explained how to acquire Gleipnir and why they should use it, how about in the Anime version?? Nope, no single explanation whatsoever
2. Loki in the LN was able to act as cocky as hell thanks to Fenrir, but here not only Fenrir is weak as hell it also just makes Loki looks dumb ( Come on all his "military armaments" are just defective)
3. No love for Akeno, eh ?? Her problem which was introduced and solved brilliantly in the Ln is completely butchered in the Anime version.
4. Too much hype for Sairaorg which makes me feel sick

Well, i understand that TNK is struggling to animate 3 volumes in 12 episodes, but still come on, mixing and rushing the materials is just a recipe for a disaster you know
Just sharing my thoughts...

In my opinion, I think 3 volume in 12 episode adaptation is possible but i think its a smarter move to not rearrange events from the source if theyre going for something like this so it wont end up ruining the consistencies even though some things done in a short proper explanation (I guess its better than nothing...). In my opinion, it may have been better if they didn't included unnecessary parts (like that random meeting with Sairaorg during Iseei's training) to use those space for necessary ones.

I'm just gonna wait till season ends to be able to sum up my overall thoughts on this season.

Last edited by Krudelu; 2015-05-05 at 01:10.
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:39   Link #52
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
So its ok to, as you said, rush and mess up the consistency of those book just to have another season which could suffer the same problem in order to keep animating more??
Nope, seems you misunderstood me. Of course it's not good and would be better in the right order to avoid such logical flaws. My point just was that even when it weakens the adaption it's still better than some kind of Anime only route, which probably could get no sequel.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 08:30   Link #53
ImperialFlameGod8190

You know i cant help but laugh at the fact that the stuff you guys are saying were things i said Back when the first few episodes were airing and people looked at me like i'm crazy. Anywho i think my big annoyance is moreso the fact that with 7 episodes to go you basically have only vol 6. Vol 5 is pretty much destroyed and the RG is useless. vol 7 is also quite useless and frankly bringing the breast god in at this point would just be wasteful. Vol 6 is 4 episodes if they do it right but frankly i have scary questions about that especially considering that JD was one of the big points of emphasis for this season. If they screw that up dear satan its a disaster.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-05-03, 17:11   Link #54
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
You know i cant help but laugh at the fact that the stuff you guys are saying were things i said Back when the first few episodes were airing and people looked at me like i'm crazy. Anywho i think my big annoyance is moreso the fact that with 7 episodes to go you basically have only vol 6. Vol 5 is pretty much destroyed and the RG is useless. vol 7 is also quite useless and frankly bringing the breast god in at this point would just be wasteful. Vol 6 is 4 episodes if they do it right but frankly i have scary questions about that especially considering that JD was one of the big points of emphasis for this season. If they screw that up dear satan its a disaster.
1)Vol. 6 is not that long a volume.
2)6-9 episodes is already confirmed, more than enough to cover everything. Ishibumi himself said vol.6 will be covered faithfully.
3)You either suffer with the changes now and get it over with or you risk it happening to another season. You have to setup 9&10 rather than 7&9 since the former lead into each other.
4)In the the words of Arron Rodgers, "R-E-L-A-X".
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 17:20   Link #55
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV5 View Post
1)Vol. 6 is not that long a volume.
2)6-9 episodes is already confirmed, more than enough to cover everything. Ishibumi himself said vol.6 will be covered faithfully.
3)You either suffer with the changes now and get it over with or you risk it happening to another season. You have to setup 9&10 rather than 7&9 since the former lead into each other.
4)In the the words of Arron Rodgers, "R-E-L-A-X".
First off Welcome to the forums you are clearly new. Secondly its Aaron Rodgers. 3rd its 3-4 ballpark. 1 episode for Irina intro school time and Diodora intro 2nd episode for a bit of Asia awkwardness along with start of RG. Episode 3 we get the reveal of Diodora's real nature along with his curbstomping ending with Asia's death 4th episode JD and Oppai Dragon song.

Old 2015-05-03, 17:30   Link #56
RDNexus

If you're already predicting what's to come, then I ask... Is it that bad?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 17:34   Link #57
MV5

Quote:
First off Welcome to the forums you are clearly new. Secondly its Aaron Rodgers. 3rd its 3-4 ballpark. 1 episode for Irina intro school time and Diodora intro 2nd episode for a bit of Asia awkwardness along with start of RG. Episode 3 we get the reveal of Diodora's real nature along with his curbstomping ending with Asia's death 4th episode JD and Oppai Dragon song.
Which would mean 3 episodes to cover the final showdown with Loki. The Aaron Rodgers spell check doesn't really work on the name since there are two ways to spell it. Eh, it happens.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 17:43   Link #58
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
If you're already predicting what's to come, then I ask... Is it that bad?
Vol 6 is one of those volumes thats difficult to screw up but if you screw it up you do it fantastically.
The leadup is quite simple Irina introduced as a member of the school and leadup to Diodora. Showing him sending gifts is fine thats not difficult to screw up either. Its the actual RG that you must do well. The kidnapping having issei fight the nuns is pretty straightforward especially with DxDs fanservice styling. Freed is a OHKO so as long as he has his evilness and reveals diodora's true nature you're fine. The key to vol 6's execution is 2 things IMO. 1. You must get to Diodora by the beginning of the third episode that way his curbstomping is part of the 3rd episode and then Shalba comes in around the time of the eyecatch. There is 1 area that you can screw up and pacing is the key You absolutely must end the second to last episode of the volume with Juggernaught drive because the impact is greatest that way and the last episode is set.

MV5 the problem with 3 episodes for the final showdown is what exactly are you gonna do. You've lost Glepnir the vali issei teamup is pointless because Fenrir is gone. Talking to the actual sleeping dragon is pointless. All the leadup that happens in the original fight is GONE. So you just have them confronting loki which frankly we've already seen is pointless because they'll be curbstomped again. The breast fairy thing is also pointless because we've shown that he can handle it with a few boosts. There's no legitimate way you can see him winning without it being *shudder* anime original something which tainted this entire storyline to begin with

Old 2015-05-03, 17:46   Link #59
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You absolutely must end the second to last episode of the volume with Juggernaught drive because the impact is greatest that way and the last episode is set.
Agreed 100%
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 17:51   Link #60
GDB

Uh, no? The novel did it best by ending the previous "chapter" with Asia "dying". That's a far, FAR greater cliffhanger than Issei going berserk. If she doesn't "die" as the cliffhanger, then her death is 100% overshadowed by <insert yet another power-up for the main character here>.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote