AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-03-04, 08:50   Link #41
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Regardless how much I hated South Park, it never popular in my country.

One more annoying show that I forgot to put in OP: American Idol. I have no idea why it still running while pretty much every seasons of it(except perhaps first one) were bombed.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 14:51   Link #42
IronHeart762

Lost is probably the wost one for me. i have pretty much stopped watching "regular" TV shows because they just seem pointless to me.

^^Click for the page^^
IronHeart762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 15:12   Link #43
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I stopped watching television for the most part a decade or so ago, and have pretty much stopped completely since around the time UPN fell, since the last show I was watching was Enterprise.

I'll watch the Discovery Channel and the like if I'm someplace without a computer (Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters mostly), but otherwise I just don't care what is on TV. If I happen to come across something I'll probably watch it on Youtube (like say Justice League because I was working when it came out and didn't even know about it.)
Old 2011-03-04, 17:35   Link #44
SenjuQueen
Banned

Agreed with the first post on Glee, I just find it corny and lame, but it's very popular. Also most reality television.
SenjuQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 10:00   Link #45
thakandu
Silver Soul

I don't like Chuck, maybe not my type.
Old 2011-03-06, 10:21   Link #46
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I hate... no HATE Laguna Beach, The Hills, The City and their spin-off descendants.

I will never understand why my sisters and their friends like watching these "fake shows". I hate all the main leads of these shows since they all act all righteous and innocent but are hypocrites and will do the same things they accuse others doing off. (eg. Cheating, Lying to friends.)
Old 2011-03-07, 05:37   Link #47
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Now that I think about it, there's one show I would like to specify here. It's strangely quite popular in Italy (or maybe it's not actually strange). It's a show called "The Bold and The Beautiful." I'm sure some of you have heard about this, and I absolutely detest it with a f***ing passion. The main reason is because the show's older than me. It's been running for over 20 f***ing years and the same old dudes are still going at it like there's no tmo. The main idea of the story goes like this. Let's say you have four characters: A, B, C and D. A gets married to B and C gets married to D. However, weeks after one marriage or the other (doesn't matter which one), A has an affair with C (or perhaps they've been having one before the marriages). A and C divorce from their respective spouses, and B and D eventually marry. Here's where E comes in, and seduces C in one night and have a child. C conveniently pretends it's A's child. HOWEVER, years after the event, we find out D is actually the child's parent. The story goes on from there as more characters are introduced. That's pretty much what it is.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 08:18   Link #48
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I watched The Bold and The Beautiful before. The soap is about two top Fashion families and their lives. I forgotten about it until you mention it.
Old 2011-03-07, 08:28   Link #49
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I watched The Bold and The Beautiful before. The soap is about two top Fashion families and their lives. I forgotten about it until you mention it.
Yeah but honestly, that doesn't even matter cuz they hardly do any actual work in the first place And when they do, there's a lot of drama involved.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 13:24   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Regardless how much I hated South Park, it never popular in my country.

One more annoying show that I forgot to put in OP: American Idol. I have no idea why it still running while pretty much every seasons of it(except perhaps first one) were bombed.
To a large degree, South Park only makes sense to American viewers (or someone with a vast knowledge of American cultural trivia). It is kind of like watching Pani Poni Dash... unless you have extensive understanding of Japanese culture or a big guide book - half the gags will fly under your radar. It makes little sense to export to general audiences.

I've found the series incisive at times in its skewering of subjects, but also filled with insipidness, infantile potty humor, and moments of fail. They just fire broadsides of material - some of it sticks and some doesn't. It is just hard to be funny for that long. If iTunes offered South Park, Simpsons, or Family Guy - I'd probably buy a handful of each that I thought nailed their targets, but the greater amount I'd skip.

MrTerrorist and Tsuyoshi are describing what I think are basically "soap operas" (so named because their original purpose was to keep 1950s housewives glued to the tv and the sponsors could sell their laundry detergent and household cleaners during commercial breaks). And yes, they're uniformly ridiculous or absurd whether they are the daytime cheap budget variety or the high budget night time prime drama.

I heartily loathe the Law&Order:SUV series, which is sad because I like some of the actors... but the series is loathsome with its ham-handed scenarios, soccer-mom moralities, absolutely *terrible* sound-bite dialog -- its like some terrible nightmare version of after-school "educational" dribble.

BUMP: my wife is near me trying to watch "The Event" .... its terrible. Terrible acting, terrible dialog, absurd plot... just a load of garbage. Even my wife (who is pretty lenient on plots) is MST3King it to death. It is liable to end up with some MST3K classics in lousy film making.

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-03-08 at 00:00.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 05:23   Link #51
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

I heartily loathe the Law&Order:SUV series, which is sad because I like some of the actors... but the series is loathsome with its ham-handed scenarios, soccer-mom moralities, absolutely *terrible* sound-bite dialog -- its like some terrible nightmare version of after-school "educational" dribble.

I have to second this. I watched some episodes of this show and at times it struck me as incredibly sexist or misandrist. Its one merit is to make the CSI franchise watchable by comparison.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 18:28   Link #52
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
I really dont like family guy and I hate the fact that its on 3 different networks usually at the same exact time
oh i absolutely hate law and order its just so boring and that dialogue geez..
Old 2011-03-08, 20:51   Link #53
RoseJuston
Banned

Not really into Glee or anything like that.
RoseJuston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 08:53   Link #54
wigglypuff
Banned

CSI and True Blood
the shows do not interest me..
wigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 23:43   Link #55
Lost Cause

I hate reality shows!! As a matter of fact I rarely watch regular TV unless it's the Discovery Channel (Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch) or TLC.
Matter of fact I damn near burned up one DVD player watching anime, or the recently brought back to DVD, 70s and 80s action shows like Starsky & Hutch, Miami Vice, The A-Team, and Magnum P.I.
Also there's my beloved treasure trove of SciFi like Star Trek, Babylon 5, Lost in Space (the TV series) and The Twlight Zone.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 09:34   Link #56
Leo Keichi

There's the Brazilian version of Big Brother every year, which I really hate. Seeing a bunch of people competing in a house, and then they have to get along with each other, the core idea itself is contradictory already. And I swear the producers of the program must give some general directions of how the participants should behave. So it's like watching a weird soap opera.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 20:33   Link #57
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Two and a Half Men is so stupid and immoral. I can't believe it's the highest rated show on TV! That's America for you!
Yes, I'm making fun of my own country.
Americans in general really love stupid and racy entertainment.....(or at least the media THINKS we do because that's all they've been making!) And I speak for myself as well. But sometimes it's just too much! Of course the fact of Charlie Sheen going batshit insane contributes to those ratings....

The only reality TV show I'll watch is Cake Boss. Because sometimes those cakes he does are REALLY amazing.