5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-12-29, 12:28   Link #41
Ragna92

Kaiki! The best character had to die... screw that bitch Ougi.

Overall great series. 9/10 because of the final arc.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 13:58   Link #42
Dop
Mmmm....

Completely shocked by the ending, I was not expecting that. Wow. Roll on the next series!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 17:09   Link #43
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

The last scene salvaged the episode for me. The resolution of Nadeko's story was somewhat silly. But how Kaiki ended his relationship with Hitagi and the attempt on his life were excellent pieces of storytelling. The last one was also filmed flawlessly. But overall the arc was overstretched, despite handling three characters. Hitagi got zero development, only some background. Nadeko more or less suffered the same treatment. Basically this arc was salvaged by Kaiki.

I'd rather skipped this arc in favor of Hanamonogatari/Suruga Devil, or better plan realistically next time, though hoping this of Shaft is... hopeless.
Old 2013-12-29, 17:52   Link #44
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

I didn't expect those mangas to be in Nadeko's closet, her reaction was hilarious.

That ending though, cruel cliffhanger. I had taken such a liking to Kaiki too. ;__;
Old 2013-12-29, 20:26   Link #45
Monoriu

An excellent episode that concludes an excellent story. Now I really dislike Nadeko. She is not just crazy, but also very cruel. Repeatedly kicked someone who is constrained, defenceless and can't fight back.
Monoriu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 21:26   Link #46
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monoriu View Post
An excellent episode that concludes an excellent story. Now I really dislike Nadeko. She is not just crazy, but also very cruel. Repeatedly kicked someone who is constrained, defenceless and can't fight back.
lol.
its funny that this is the point where your hating nadeko now, instead of before this.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 22:30   Link #47
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
The last scene salvaged the episode for me. The resolution of Nadeko's story was somewhat silly. But how Kaiki ended his relationship with Hitagi and the attempt on his life were excellent pieces of storytelling. The last one was also filmed flawlessly. But overall the arc was overstretched, despite handling three characters. Hitagi got zero development, only some background. Nadeko more or less suffered the same treatment. Basically this arc was salvaged by Kaiki.

I'd rather skipped this arc in favor of Hanamonogatari/Suruga Devil, or better plan realistically next time, though hoping this of Shaft is... hopeless.

My thought exactly. Even though it's obviously that I am a big fan of Kaiki, this arc is stretched too much. The past two episodes could be combined into one.

I think in case of Hitagi and Nadeko, it's not so much as "development" as "revelation". Unexpected part about their personality is revealed, for example, Hitagi's lingering affection and understanding of Kaiki's true nature, or Nadeko's self-inserted manga.

To think about it, that shocking ending is to be expected if you see it as a hard-boiled detective story...
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 23:01   Link #48
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler for Might be NSFW:

Notice the lines that should be her thighs.

Nadeko confirmed to not wearing panties. In other words Kaiki got a face full of fourteen year old god pussy.

Blu-rays - They zoom out a bit and we see everything.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this. At least Kaiki got a glimpse of something good before he got taken out.
Syan48306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 23:06   Link #49
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

always knew that Ougi was up to something, since her last appearance way back....
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 03:04   Link #50
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
always knew that Ougi was up to something, since her last appearance way back....
It's probably the soulless eyes. She's still my goddess of darkness though.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 13:20   Link #51
justsomeguy

WTF?! Ending a show with an actual interesting character getting "killed"?! And Araragi and Senjougahara not getting any scenes together the whole arc (or the whole show, for that matter), and Ougi still running around doing who knows what evil stuff. This whole thing is just a tease for a possible Third Season!

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 13:32   Link #52
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
WTF?! Ending a show with an actual interesting character getting "killed"?! And Araragi and Senjougahara not getting any scenes together the whole arc (or the whole show, for that matter), and Ougi still running around doing who knows what evil stuff. This whole thing is just a tease for a possible Third Season!
Spoiler for Response:
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 13:35   Link #53
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Ah! this again... The series is not Hitagi's and Koyomi's love story, to be quite frank their relationship is a simple plot device. As for the rest, it's the same problem with Bakemonogatari TV adaption... This is not the end of the second season, Hanamonogatari/Suruga Devil is.
Old 2013-12-30, 18:12   Link #54
Swigun
Ars Magica Translator

Quote:
Ah! this again... The series is not Hitagi's and Koyomi's love story, to be quite frank their relationship is a simple plot device. As for the rest, it's the same problem with Bakemonogatari TV adaption... This is not the end of the second season, Hanamonogatari/Suruga Devil is.
Just because they posticipated Hana, it doesn't mean that Koi isn't the real second season last arc.

For the pair, I think justsomeguy means that even if it's called Love Story, they didn't have screentime (more like the screentime he expected).
And it's plot, not a plot device.
Spoiler for koi:
Old 2013-12-30, 18:30   Link #55
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigun View Post
Just because they posticipated Hana, it doesn't mean that Koi isn't the real second season last arc.

For the pair, I think justsomeguy means that even if it's called Love Story, they didn't have screentime (more like the screentime he expected).
And it's plot, not a plot device.
Spoiler for koi:
I disagree. What you mentioned in the spoiler is more significant to character development and storytelling for the final arc, even I hazard to say an integral part of the plot. Hitagi X Koyomi is fleetingly used throughout the series to start or change sequence of events, and is then left aside.

Or let's count how many scenes had Hitagi with Koyomi in Nisemonogatari.... the grand total of two, both related to Hitagi's past crash, Kaiki... not even about her and Koyomi. I understand that the original TV broadcast is to blame for expecting to see more about their relationship, but when watching the whole of the 1st series and even so more when reading the novel, puts things into another perspective. Expecting for Hitagi relationship with Koyomi to be significant in any story after it was resolved way back in the middle of Tsubasa Cat is equivalent of expecting more romantic development between Tsubasa and Koyomi after Tsubasa Tiger or even between Suruga and Hitagi after Suruga Monkey... though I really hope I am completely wrong on that last one

Last edited by AmeNoJaku; 2013-12-30 at 18:31. Reason: stupid english grammar!
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 02:57   Link #56
JTeague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigun View Post

Spoiler for koi:
I think he meant the Novels. The novels are broken up into 3 seasons. Koi was published after Hana, but since they skipped Hana to probably try and follow chronology, Hana is the last untold story of the second season.
JTeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 09:12   Link #57
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeague View Post
I think he meant the Novels. The novels are broken up into 3 seasons. Koi was published after Hana, but since they skipped Hana to probably try and follow chronology, Hana is the last untold story of the second season.
You don't see Bakemonogatari starting with Kizu....I wonder why the change...
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 10:34   Link #58
AmeNoJaku

If I am not mistaken, chronologically the second season ends with Hanamonogatari, despite that and from my experience with the first season, it is better to follow the publication order, because character development and storytelling flows a lot better in that order.
Old 2013-12-31, 12:57   Link #59
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

Kaiki is a cool character in Monogatari so far.
I'm so sad he died at the end and I was wonder about that kid who got lied from Kaiki a long time.
Old 2013-12-31, 14:59   Link #60
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
I don't care what the so-called "facts" are. I want more Senjougahara x Araragi. The novels are not the "truth," the anime is my truth.

Really outstanding series. Kaiki is like the super-Araragi, lol. Terrific character made more terrific by Miki Shinichirou's voice. The intimation that Senjougahara "always" treats any love as her first love was brilliant: sends echoes back through time to the first series.

Of course, the best thing about the show is Shinbou. He is just better than anyone else at the visual and aural rhythms of animation. Maybe Shinkai is his equal, in his own different style. In any case, Nishio Ishin's novels give Shinbou a perfect subject for his particular form of artistry. These episodes are works of art, for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote