3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-25, 09:48   Link #41
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I recently watched the first three episodes of this latest installment in the Monogatari series.

I definitely like the change-up in not only removing Araragi as the character of primary perspective, but of even putting him entirely off-camera thus far.

Its enabled the narrative to effectively explore its characters and its world in a way that hasn't really been seen before.

For example, I recall Hitagi having mighty high praise for Hanekawa in some of what she said about her to Araragi. That definitely piqued my interest in how Hitagi and Hanekawa would interact onscreen, especially if it was just the two of them alone. This series has certainly not disappointed in that regard, with the interactions between the two meeting my hopes and answering my suspicions there.

Now, I like some Monogatari characters more than I do others, so not all of the interactions are equally pleasing to me to watch, but all of them are at least somewhat interesting in their relative freshness given how Araragi is now off-screen.

Another benefit to this approach is that Araragi's first actual appearance in this show has the potential to feel very rewarding and dramatic if handled well.
Old 2013-07-26, 13:03   Link #42
Haiprbim
Banned

The first three episode were really nice and presented in a really good way as well.

In this specific episode, I simply loved one of my favourite characters: Shinobu! <3

I am wondering and worries though, where is Araragi?
I miss that heroic brainless character.
He is said to be the Main Character of this Series as well, but he hasn't appeared even once in the first three episodes? I'm really worried. I want the story to be focused on him as it was in Bakemono and Nisemono.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Another benefit to this approach is that Araragi's first actual appearance in this show has the potential to feel very rewarding and dramatic if handled well.
You have a good point there, that would be awesome.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 02:33   Link #43
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Looks like Tsubasa is really uncomfortable with Suruga during their conversation.
She also felt awkward when Tsukihi flubbed while saying the word "aloof" to her.

That said, this episode really pushes Tsubasa to accept that her personality needs some tweaks.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote