AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-06-24, 11:42   Link #41
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
I just watched the latest episode of Mahouka, and Erika's hair seemed to me to be a bit longer than in previous episodes. has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Maybe the animators pay a bit more attention to detail then I would've given them credit for if that's the case since she starts to rock a ponytail later in the LNs.
? Her hair has consistently been longer in the second arc than it was in the first one. Not massively longer, true, but then there wasn't a huge difference in length between novels 2 and 3 either.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 06:23   Link #42
TrueAlchemist

Did Erika cut her hair after her mother passed?
Or, did she cut her hair before entering 1st high?
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 12:01   Link #43
nosaer

^Good question. I don't recall myself if she cut her hair due to her mom dying. I only remember mikihiko making the coment about the ponytail being her preferred hairstyle before she cut it. anybody got a quote for this (pampz)?
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 12:38   Link #44
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Did Erika cut her hair after her mother passed?
Or, did she cut her hair before entering 1st high?
Her mother died 2 years prior to the series; so yeah I think before meeting Tatsuya she never let her hair grow.

I think something happened before Erika's mother died; that made her cut her hair? or she knew who she really is~

BTW Can someone help me come up with theories about Erika.

I search the name Katori and foundhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katori_Shrine

Quote from the novel:
Spoiler for Space:

The God Futsunushi is somewhat similar or pertains to Erika's techniques Yamatsunami~
So from my guess Katori is somewhat special or an ancient magic users? and Either Erika inherited magic from the Rozen or Katori(why is she targeted by the Rozen according to Mikihiko?);And Erika is a childhood friend of Mikihiko that is an ancient magic user; Makes me think that Erika is a Miko(Shrine Princess)?

Everything is a puzzle~!

EDIT: Now then; If Futsunushi(Katori) has something to do with Amaterasu and Orochi/Mizuchi(Chiba) has something to do with Susano; ony thing we need is something to do with Tsukuyomi~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-06-26 at 13:07.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 15:05   Link #45
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
The God Futsunushi is somewhat similar or pertains to Erika's techniques Yamatsunami~
So from my guess Katori is somewhat special or an ancient magic users? and Either Erika inherited magic from the Rozen or Katori(why is she targeted by the Rozen according to Mikihiko?);And Erika is a childhood friend of Mikihiko that is an ancient magic user; Makes me think that Erika is a Miko(Shrine Princess)?

Everything is a puzzle~!

EDIT: Now then; If Futsunushi(Katori) has something to do with Amaterasu and Orochi/Mizuchi(Chiba) has something to do with Susano; ony thing we need is something to do with Tsukuyomi~
As we all know, all of characters around Tatsuya are complicated.
First, her grandmother may have been miko with special powers. So, maybe... maybe, we can expect some power-up.

Second, the name, Katori, was used by the author to build the link between Erika and Erika's skill, Yamatsunami by using her mother's maiden name. In this case, the author may want to stress, Erika is only user of Yamatsunami. Or, how should I say? The author wants fans to believe, Erika is destined to become an user of Yamastunami.

For the case of Rozen, I do not think, Rozen wants to bring back Erica as a member of their family to Germany because of the blood ties. If that was the case, they would bring back Erica's mother a long time ago. I do not think, Erica is their objective.

Chiba is very well connected in Japan. Getting close to Erika may benefit Rozen. Or, Rozen is using Erika to get close to Tatsuya, Torres Silver. Rozen and FLT are competing in the industry, so they may have an idea who may be Torres Silver.

If you remember, Chiba Sayuri was nearly killed by snipers. The Mahouka does not seem to mention who hired snipers until now. Rozen may be targeting FLT related members and gathering information. Anyway, anything is possible.
Old 2014-06-26, 15:13   Link #46
Echizen777

Quote:

If you remember, Chiba Sayuri was nearly killed by snipers. The Mahouka does not seem to mention who hired snipers until now. Rozen may be targeting FLT related members and gathering information. Anyway, anything is possible.
Shiba Sayuri, Tatsurou's wife. And we know the Rozen don't want to have business with Japan since the incident with Erika's father.

Quote:
Makes me think that Erika is a Miko(Shrine Princess)?

Everything is a puzzle~!
Didn't you want to say that she is your Goddess instead?

Quote:
Her sister? Her future child?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 15:23   Link #47
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Shiba Sayuri, Tatsurou's wife. And we know the Rozen don't want to have business with Japan since the incident with Erika's father.

Not with Erika's father, it was with Erika's grandfather who moved to Japan for his love. And, Rozen operated a business in Japan. They just did not send the member of family to run Japanese division until now.

What Rozen is planning, is absolutely unknown.
I think, they are after more than Erika. We have to wait and see how story comes out.
Old 2014-06-28, 20:09   Link #48
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
As we all know, all of characters around Tatsuya are complicated.
First, her grandmother may have been miko with special powers. So, maybe... maybe, we can expect some power-up.

Second, the name, Katori, was used by the author to build the link between Erika and Erika's skill, Yamatsunami by using her mother's maiden name. In this case, the author may want to stress, Erika is only user of Yamatsunami. Or, how should I say? The author wants fans to believe, Erika is destined to become an user of Yamastunami.

For the case of Rozen, I do not think, Rozen wants to bring back Erica as a member of their family to Germany because of the blood ties. If that was the case, they would bring back Erica's mother a long time ago. I do not think, Erica is their objective.

Chiba is very well connected in Japan. Getting close to Erika may benefit Rozen. Or, Rozen is using Erika to get close to Tatsuya, Torres Silver. Rozen and FLT are competing in the industry, so they may have an idea who may be Torres Silver.

First Character around Tatsuya isnt complicated; they are straight forward as it gets; the only thing that is complicated is Erika because she isnt a pure bloodline like the siblings. Leo is the last Fortress Series; he's mother is came from a normal family; his only worries is he might go insane; Mikihiko is part of the Yoshida family who is an ancient magic user, that is looking for a certain Miko(Mizuki). Mizuki is came from a normal family her story is how to control her eyes, its pretty much solve because Miki is probably her answer. Honoka and Shizuku doesnt have any complicated background either except for Honoka's gene as a descendant of light users. Beside we dont hve much BG for them to make them complicated as Erika(its just me being imaginative).

Second Erika being a Katori means more than Yamatsunami; it also pertains to how Erika meet Miki; as far as I know ancient magic users hate the number system. So I doubt Miki and Erika meet as a Chiba and a Yoshida; So Erika probably introduce as a Katori; and according to the hints:

Quote:
“Because he shook off his parents’ opposition and fled to Japan, they had severed ties with the main Rozen family. Her grandmother‘s — Erika’s mother’s mother’s family — also apparently didn’t approve of the couple’s relationship, so it seems like Erika’s mother had a tough time.”
Katori isnt a normal family; because why would they refused a prestige family as much as the Rozens; Unless there is a tradition?> And the best tradition to fit is to maintain their purity as japanese and Mikohime are purely japanese as far as I know.

The third and fourth paragraph can be connected as the Rozen ordered Anna to come close to the Chiba family; which I think is stupid because the man have already been married; It would only make a scandal for the Rozen and its pretty much a bad move; the Rozens are smart, you can see how they manipulate the media about first's high experiment with one of the 3rd great puzzles. and if the Rozen really wants to make connection to Taurus Silver wouldnt going to FLT much faster than trying to use a friend to make contact with him? Besides they dont know Tatsuya values his friend very much.

I still think that the Rozen knows Erika's secret to who she is; and wants to obtain/protect it as it might be just a big scam as the Rozen hated japan because a guy from the main family severe ties with them; unless the Erika's grandfather is the heir to the family. In the end we are just speculating anyway. so anything can happen as long as the author wants.

Quote:
Didn't you want to say that she is your Goddess instead?
Lol you got that right

Quote:
Her sister? Her future child?
Probably Tatsuya is her Tsukuyomi; reason why she feels Tatsuya is special to her; They might come out as childhood friends and the reason why Tatsuya became a siscon cuz as far as I know Tatsuya and Miyuki had barely shared any siblings relationship when they were young.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-07-12, 15:39   Link #49
Echizen777

The last episode reminded why I ship Erika and Mikihiko. Too bad Tsutomu prefers to ship him with Mizuki.
Old 2014-07-12, 15:44   Link #50
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
The last episode reminded why I ship Erika and Mikihiko. Too bad Tsutomu prefers to ship him with Mizuki.
Its too early to consider that~...
Erika holds all the death flag of the series~!

Now ask me, what I mean#~ I'll gladly explain it to you if you don't get what I mean

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-07-12, 16:00   Link #51
Echizen777

Quote:
Its too early to consider that~...
Erika holds all the death flag of the series~!

Now ask me, what I mean#~ I'll gladly explain it to you if you don't get what I mean
...What do you mean?
Old 2014-07-12, 16:14   Link #52
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
...What do you mean?
Hmm; well its probably just the way I think but; My first rule in relationship is to "never date your friend".

Dating a friend always go down hard when you are rejected(I experience this first hand).

First you will feel awkward towards the said person...it would make a gap in your heart; the more you see him the more it will hurt; so of course you'd want to put some distance. (Tatsuya X Erika scenario)

Then if proven that Leo have special feeling to his Rival/Teacher; of course he wont be able to see the Tatsuya like he used too; and would likely fall apart to the pressure of hate/love towards his said friend.

Miki hold the throne of the childhood friend; Memories of Childhood, no matter how much stupid it is; its a precious time of your life; its your origin. What happened to your childhood defines your present; no matter how much Miki loves/Likes Mizuki; Miki would without a doubt choose Erika, either it would be for pity or kindness. the Greatest bond of childhood friends.

It didnt turned out this way on Honoka because Tatsuya doesnt really saw her as his friend but Miyuki's friend. So the damage wasnt much to begin with; but as you can see it affected Miyuki to be honest and more aggressive.

Basically Erika's confession is a big chain reaction to a death flag...

EDIT: I just realize this; this sounds like Oreimo?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-07-14, 02:08   Link #53
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Hmm; well its probably just the way I think but; My first rule in relationship is to "never date your friend".

Dating a friend always go down hard when you are rejected(I experience this first hand).

First you will feel awkward towards the said person...it would make a gap in your heart; the more you see him the more it will hurt; so of course you'd want to put some distance. (Tatsuya X Erika scenario)

Then if proven that Leo have special feeling to his Rival/Teacher; of course he wont be able to see the Tatsuya like he used too; and would likely fall apart to the pressure of hate/love towards his said friend.

Miki hold the throne of the childhood friend; Memories of Childhood, no matter how much stupid it is; its a precious time of your life; its your origin. What happened to your childhood defines your present; no matter how much Miki loves/Likes Mizuki; Miki would without a doubt choose Erika, either it would be for pity or kindness. the Greatest bond of childhood friends.

It didnt turned out this way on Honoka because Tatsuya doesnt really saw her as his friend but Miyuki's friend. So the damage wasnt much to begin with; but as you can see it affected Miyuki to be honest and more aggressive.

Basically Erika's confession is a big chain reaction to a death flag...

EDIT: I just realize this; this sounds like Oreimo?
This is a classic animation story line.

Confession - Rejection - Death; dying for the love; Tatsuya in this case.
Leo is busy with his own problem.
Mikihiko has Mizuki.

So, Erika really has no one to depend on in the case of rejection. lol
If you watched Aquarion Evol, even animators matched Zessica Wong with Towano Mikage at the very end.

In the volume 13, seems like something is going on with Leo, Rozen, and Erika, but nothing has been revealed to readers. We might hear something in the future volumes. But, I do not expect any arranged meetings or marriages would take a place between Erika and Rozen based on Rozen's abandonment on her grandmother and mother for a long time especially they lived in hardship. Approaching Erika after she gain the name of Chiba, is too opportunistic.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-07-15 at 01:47.
Old 2014-07-16, 01:08   Link #54
Chosen_Hero

Leo is probably an agent of the Rozen and is there to keep tabs on Erika and onform the Rozen of any development that happens for whatever plan they have then it'll be revealed they are actually cousins (which could explain their similarities maybe it's a family thing).

Besides you do realize that Leo might just be the one to open the can of worms, one day they'll be discudsing something and he'll just say "but hey Erika, don't you love Tatsuya?" Then everyone will just look at him with their jaw wide open, Erika will embarrassed/pissed off, Tatsuya will be his usual robot self (who knows how he'll react in his mind), Miyuki will reach new levels of jealousy (she already has a kind of rivalry with Erika) and from then on the teasing will begin.

I expect a Tatsuya and Erika centric arc at some point (too many hints all over the series), but before that we'll see arcs concerning the others first especially Mizuki and Mikihiko, then we'll get a Leo centric arc along with maybe a Honoka and Shizuku arc (still think Honoka would suit Leo for some reason or maybe Shizuku I mean hey, she can feed him all the food he wants).

Considering how everythimg seems to be setting up Tatsuya will habe a big impact on the whole Rozen thing, I mean with him being Taurus Silver there's no other way it could happen, at least that's what I think.
Old 2014-07-20, 04:52   Link #55
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
This is a classic animation story line.

Confession - Rejection - Death; dying for the love; Tatsuya in this case.
Leo is busy with his own problem.
Mikihiko has Mizuki.

So, Erika really has no one to depend on in the case of rejection. lol
If you watched Aquarion Evol, even animators matched Zessica Wong with Towano Mikage at the very end.

In the volume 13, seems like something is going on with Leo, Rozen, and Erika, but nothing has been revealed to readers. We might hear something in the future volumes. But, I do not expect any arranged meetings or marriages would take a place between Erika and Rozen based on Rozen's abandonment on her grandmother and mother for a long time especially they lived in hardship. Approaching Erika after she gain the name of Chiba, is too opportunistic.
Lol anything can happen;
Well looking at Erika's background, She doesnt have anyone to depend on except Tatsuya. Hints was the scene in vol. 3 the banquet of 9SC; She cant depend on Miki because Miki being Miki has his hands full on his own problem and Erika has to guide him all the way. Leo is stupid and indecisive; even if Erika talk to him for her situation;they would just end up fighting again. Erika doesnt want to ask Tatsuya because its her problem in the first place; thats why its either Leo, Miki or Mizuki would be the one asking the favor; and Tatsuya being Tatsuya will do things behind her back.

Well it just shows that everyone has been drag in Erika's problem without her knowledge. Miki drag Tatatsuya and Rozens drag Leo on it. we got the pieces in place all we need to do is the plot. Reverse harem here we go~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Leo is probably an agent of the Rozen and is there to keep tabs on Erika and onform the Rozen of any development that happens for whatever plan they have then it'll be revealed they are actually cousins (which could explain their similarities maybe it's a family thing).

Besides you do realize that Leo might just be the one to open the can of worms, one day they'll be discudsing something and he'll just say "but hey Erika, don't you love Tatsuya?" Then everyone will just look at him with their jaw wide open, Erika will embarrassed/pissed off, Tatsuya will be his usual robot self (who knows how he'll react in his mind), Miyuki will reach new levels of jealousy (she already has a kind of rivalry with Erika) and from then on the teasing will begin.

I expect a Tatsuya and Erika centric arc at some point (too many hints all over the series), but before that we'll see arcs concerning the others first especially Mizuki and Mikihiko, then we'll get a Leo centric arc along with maybe a Honoka and Shizuku arc (still think Honoka would suit Leo for some reason or maybe Shizuku I mean hey, she can feed him all the food he wants).

Considering how everythimg seems to be setting up Tatsuya will habe a big impact on the whole Rozen thing, I mean with him being Taurus Silver there's no other way it could happen, at least that's what I think.
Without a doubt everything is in place; we just need to get to the plot; which we don't know yet; and isnt coming anytime sooner due to next vol. is about hunting Zhou. My guess is that Rozen vs Maximilian Corp would douche it out; my guess is that the Head of Rozen family one of the Seven Sages; and the head Maximilian corp would end up Jeido~....

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-08-02, 04:28   Link #56
luna_maya
Yuzuru Mode.

Question ?

How strong is erika, his brother did mention that she achieve the skill needed to wield orichimaru ?
luna_maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 04:41   Link #57
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_maya View Post
How strong is erika, his brother did mention that she achieve the skill needed to wield orichimaru ?
Erika is very strong for a Course 2 student, even more than some Course 1. In terms of pure swordsmanship, only Naotsugu is better in the whole clan.
Old 2014-08-02, 05:29   Link #58
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Probably at the top 20 cqc's in the world. Orochimaru is a sword that exist for only one tecnique; and the only who can use that is Erika.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-08-02, 05:38   Link #59
luna_maya
Yuzuru Mode.

Thank you.

Quote:
Probably at the top 20 cqc's in the world. Orochimaru is a sword that exist for only one tecnique; and the only who can use that is Erika.
So are you saying that she is atleast the strongest cqc magician in first high ?

1. I have feeling that erika might backstab tatsuya what do you think about this ?
2. So are you saying that she surpassed her father ?
3. Without magic only melee combat who is par with erika beside tatsuya on first high?
4. Do you think Rozen will be antagonist in the volume to get erika ?
5. Beside swordsmanship do erika have other skill like tatsuya ?

That's all.
luna_maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 07:57   Link #60
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
So are you saying that she is atleast the strongest cqc magician in first high ?

1. I have feeling that erika might backstab tatsuya what do you think about this ?
2. So are you saying that she surpassed her father ?
3. Without magic only melee combat who is par with erika beside tatsuya on first high?
4. Do you think Rozen will be antagonist in the volume to get erika ?
5. Beside swordsmanship do erika have other skill like tatsuya ?

That's all.
No, in CQC Tatsuya is leagues above her and at least Tomitsuka seems to be stronger in CQC than her, or at least on par.

1 - I think that she would not live to see tomorrow.
2 - Yes
3 - Tomitsuka
4 - I think they are not after Erika but something bigger that is related to her and they're probably going to use her to get it.
5 - No, she's only good with the sword.

PS: I think you should not take pampz and his delusions about Erika seriously. Although Erika is indeed strong in CQC, saying that she's among top 20 in the world is as ludicrous as saying that she can survive a direct shot from Material Burst.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote