AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-15, 18:02   Link #41
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Plus, his opponent will be hard pressed to stop laughing his ass off, giving Luffy some free hits while he's distracted.
Old 2006-03-15, 18:14   Link #42
strategos

I guess, Ussop will help Zoro out.
He will distract Kaku so he can concentrate and use a awesome technique

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2006-03-15, 18:15   Link #43
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Or maybe not.
Old 2006-03-15, 18:50   Link #44
Dual247

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
I guess we'll see. Though you still haven't specified why exactly is it that Luffy wouldn't use something that he clearly was willing to use in combat, though Blueno was knocked out before he got a taste.
thought i sorta answered that. ah well. i was saying how luffy can't seem to have full control over gear 3. look what happened, one attack on the iron wall, and it already affected his body into chibi. not to mention that after his battle with blueno, where he only used gear 2, he was already tired out and not used to the upgrade. now, assuming gear 3 is stronger and would take even more out of luffy, he might not be able to sustain that kind of mode against lucchi, unless you feel he can beat him up fast and furiously, which i doubt. of course, even knowing that, there's a good chance luffy will use it anyway, since that's the way he is, act first and think later

and i'm not sure how you saw the battle against blueno, but to me, luffy in gear 2 seem like a catwalk. luffy completely overpowered him. even in regular form, luffy seem to be pretty even already against blueno. only thing was he got surprised by his "door door" ability. but if not for the surprise, i believe luffy would've beaten him anyway w/o going gear. but since he's anxious to get the battle done and save robin, he finished him off as soon as possible, thus gear mode.

right now, i'm feeling luffy gear 2 is about even with lucchi. that's not putting lucchi down, but come on, he's not gonna be anywhere near the tougher opponents that luffy will face in the future. and unless you feel like luffy is gonna go gear crazy from now on by going gear 10-20, i don't think we should take gear 2 lightly. we still have yet to see how strong or the limits that geart 2 has to offer. to me, its just too soon to see a 3. that's why i don't really see luffy in 3 this arc against lucchi. off course, that's just my opinion. you could disagree if you want.
Old 2006-03-15, 18:59   Link #45
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual247
thought i sorta answered that. ah well. i was saying how luffy can't seem to have full control over gear 3. look what happened, one attack on the iron wall, and it already affected his body into chibi. not to mention that after his battle with blueno, where he only used gear 2, he was already tired out and not used to the upgrade. now, assuming gear 3 is stronger and would take even more out of luffy, he might not be able to sustain that kind of mode against lucchi, unless you feel he can beat him up fast and furiously, which i doubt. of course, even knowing that, there's a good chance luffy will use it anyway, since that's the way he is, act first and think later
Has the thought ever occured to you that Luffy simply went into Chibi form in that he's ok with it rather than just simply being a matter of no control? It remains that Luffy made clear that he would make usage of 3rd Gear during combat.
Quote:
and i'm not sure how you saw the battle against blueno, but to me, luffy in gear 2 seem like a catwalk. luffy completely overpowered him. even in regular form, luffy seem to be pretty even already against blueno. only thing was he got surprised by his "door door" ability. but if not for the surprise, i believe luffy would've beaten him anyway w/o going gear. but since he's anxious to get the battle done and save robin, he finished him off as soon as possible, thus gear mode.
Actually, you seem to forget the part where after Luffy hit Blueno with Jet Bazooka that Luffy was nearly about to initiate 3rd Gear when it seemed like Blueno was still conscious and standing. It's clear that fighthing Lucchi won't be a cake walk when Lucchi is the one who seems to be best in the usage of the Six Form style along with having his zoan ability to even more increase his capabilities that are already strangely high enough as it is.
Quote:
right now, i'm feeling luffy gear 2 is about even with lucchi. that's not putting lucchi down, but come on, he's not gonna be anywhere near the tougher opponents that luffy will face in the future. and unless you feel like luffy is gonna go gear crazy from now on by going gear 10-20, i don't think we should take gear 2 lightly. we still have yet to see how strong or the limits that geart 2 has to offer. to me, its just too soon to see a 3. that's why i don't really see luffy in 3 this arc against lucchi. off course, that's just my opinion. you could disagree if you want.
Lucchi is suppose to be multiple times stronger than that of Blueno, and that's without the usage of his zoan ability. When Luffy shows that he's willing to nearly make use of 3rd Gear against Blueno, how could he possibly not do so against the man who is Blueno's clear superior. Including when it has to be kept in mind that there shouldn't be a need to hold back and that using 3rd Gear during combat would make for more of a learning experience. This arc is pretty much Luffy's time to experiment a bit when it comes to combat and Luffy again clearly doesn't seem tonfeel the need to hold back when it comes to facing Lucchi. Of course I'm not suggesting that Luffy has a dozen levels of gear but it doesn't mean that Luffy can't just simply use the two gear levels as simply things to reinforce his moves and potentially ones that he comes up with in the future.
Old 2006-03-15, 20:52   Link #46
Dual247

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
Has the thought ever occured to you that Luffy simply went into Chibi form in that he's ok with it rather than just simply being a matter of no control? It remains that Luffy made clear that he would make usage of 3rd Gear during combat.
who said he can't control it. obviously he can since he activates it when he needs to. i was saying that it seem that he's no where near mastering it or maintaining its power level. as i said, he's bit worned out after using gear 2, and after a single attack with 3, he turns chibi. luffy willing to use gear 3 does not mean he could do it and maintaining it. if his body has not adapted to mastering it, he won't be able to.
Quote:
Actually, you seem to forget the part where after Luffy hit Blueno with Jet Bazooka that Luffy was nearly about to initiate 3rd Gear when it seemed like Blueno was still conscious and standing. It's clear that fighthing Lucchi won't be a cake walk when Lucchi is the one who seems to be best in the usage of the Six Form style along with having his zoan ability to even more increase his capabilities that are already strangely high enough as it is.
dude, what are you talking about with bleuno? anyone who's not blind could see that bleuno was already at the 9-count after luffy's jet bazooka. luffy was smiling to see that he's still standing. and as i said, time is of the essence, since bleuno is not down yet, he decided to show bleuno show gear 3 and finish him. at this point i doubt he understands gear 3 much and what it could do to his body or whether he can handle it yet. i mean look at what happens to his body after that. he was a lil surprised that his body was shaky after just gear 2.
Quote:
Lucchi is suppose to be multiple times stronger than that of Blueno, and that's without the usage of his zoan ability. When Luffy shows that he's willing to nearly make use of 3rd Gear against Blueno, how could he possibly not do so against the man who is Blueno's clear superior. Including when it has to be kept in mind that there shouldn't be a need to hold back and that using 3rd Gear during combat would make for more of a learning experience. This arc is pretty much Luffy's time to experiment a bit when it comes to combat and Luffy again clearly doesn't seem tonfeel the need to hold back when it comes to facing Lucchi. Of course I'm not suggesting that Luffy has a dozen levels of gear but it doesn't mean that Luffy can't just simply use the two gear levels as simply things to reinforce his moves and potentially ones that he comes up with in the future.
you don't think i know how lucchi compares to bleuno? obviously he's much stronger than bleuno, since he's the leader of the group, and from hints of the douriki chart. i'm not even debating that. but at the same time, we haven't seen the limits of what gear 2 could do. and, would luffy go gear 3? as with his personality, he'd definitely want to, but as i said, from the looks of it, its taking a major toll on his body. there's a difference between wanting to and actually able to.

so chill out. man, i swear neodrag. you're trying to do nothing but attack my posts to try to prove your superioriority on OP or something. this is a discussion board for people to post their thoughts and opinions, but i have heard nothing but ridicule and putdowns about my posts from you. i could be wrong about some of the things i said, but from the way you talk is as if everything you said is hard facts, which it isn't since we all don't know what's gonna happen yet. so lighten up
Old 2006-03-15, 21:26   Link #47
marvelB

Gah, I'm late in replying due to some computer problems I had... but that's over with now.

Anyway, great chapter! I was really impressed with how hard Sanji tried to fight Califa despite the fact that he was at such a big disadvantage. True, his chivalry stopped him from really clobbering her, but I think it might be of some help at some point, especially if it's true that he'll help Nami take on Califa. But man... that gal's got one freaky DF if it somehow turned Sanji into glass....

And so Chopper takes on Kumadori. Not really a big surprise, since Chopper usually ALWAYS fights the wierdos (Chessmarimo, Gedatsu, etc.). Still, I just wonder why the "octopus guy" used Tekkai to prevent himself from committing suicide, yet he DOESN'T use it to block Chopper's attacks. But then again, the battle between those two just started, so we might see him do something crazy like using Shigan with his hair soon enough... or maybe he'll rape poor Chopper with it instead. Who knows?

And Gear 3... whoa. I won't say much about it now since we'll obviously see what it's fully capable of when Luffy fights the Pigeon Guy, but I had figured that he had turned small because he used Gear 3 to ram his body against the door or something, making his body short (like so many similar gags used in cartoons, heh). But if Gear 3 really DOES make him small, then we'll be in for a very, very interesting climactic battle....

And finally, the mini-story! So Croc and Mr. 1 decided to stay behind, eh? Well, I suppose it makes sense that the two guys with the most devestating defeats in Alabasta wouldn't want to bother breaking out of jail when they'll most likely just get their butts kicked again. But I just wonder what the others will do? Maybe they'll become Marines like Jango did (Goldenweek can just use her Color Traps to make the commanding officers hire them after all), or maybe they'll do what Hachi, Wapol and Gedatsu did and open up their own business? It would be so awesome if the latter were true...
Old 2006-03-15, 21:47   Link #48
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
who said he can't control it. obviously he can since he activates it when he needs to. i was saying that it seem that he's no where near mastering it or maintaining its power level. as i said, he's bit worned out after using gear 2, and after a single attack with 3, he turns chibi. luffy willing to use gear 3 does not mean he could do it and maintaining it. if his body has not adapted to mastering it, he won't be able to.
Worned out meaning for him that eating some meat perks him back up. And again it remains that Luffy showed his was willing to use it during combat. You still don't have definite proof much at all that Luffy's chibi form is truly a sign of a problem with his ability much less that Luffy himself still hasn't commented nor did he seemed worried at all about this chibi. For all we know he could possibly shift back to his normal shape of his own choosing rather than it being something he can't handle.
Quote:
dude, what are you talking about with bleuno? anyone who's not blind could see that bleuno was already at the 9-count after luffy's jet bazooka. luffy was smiling to see that he's still standing. and as i said, time is of the essence, since bleuno is not down yet, he decided to show bleuno show gear 3 and finish him. at this point i doubt he understands gear 3 much and what it could do to his body or whether he can handle it yet. i mean look at what happens to his body after that. he was a lil surprised that his body was shaky after just gear 2.
Uh, I'm sorry but what evidence again do you have of Luffy not about to make usage of 3rd Gear against Blueno? And why would Luffy not know much about 3rd Gear when he's the one who actually came up with it? Luffy was not actually worn out in terms of lack endurance. But I will give it to you that he was suprised at how hungry he was afterwards. Though it remains that it's not like the only thing that could add to him being hungry would be using 2nd Gear when he was also taking part in combat action before using it for a couple of chaps. Since he did only link his hunger to that of fighting alot.
Quote:
you don't think i know how lucchi compares to bleuno? obviously he's much stronger than bleuno, since he's the leader of the group, and from hints of the douriki chart. i'm not even debating that. but at the same time, we haven't seen the limits of what gear 2 could do. and, would luffy go gear 3? as with his personality, he'd definitely want to, but as i said, from the looks of it, its taking a major toll on his body. there's a difference between wanting to and actually able to.

so chill out. man, i swear neodrag. you're trying to do nothing but attack my posts to try to prove your superioriority on OP or something. this is a discussion board for people to post their thoughts and opinions, but i have heard nothing but ridicule and putdowns about my posts from you. i could be wrong about some of the things i said, but from the way you talk is as if everything you said is hard facts, which it isn't since we all don't know what's gonna happen yet. so lighten up
What major toll? Luffy being hungry doesn't seem to be some type of horrible toll and being in chibi form didn't seem to surprise nor worry Luffy at all.

And you need to remember that on a board your thoughts and opinions may be challenged by others that disagree with you. You act as if I actually insulted you or just simply said you were wrong without any facts from the manga to back up argument. So try to remember that I posted on more than one occasion that there is a possibility that I of course could be wrong in that like always it's up to Oda. So sorry if you feel that you can't back up your statemens in the good fun of a discussion where someone has an opinion different from yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
nd Gear 3... whoa. I won't say much about it now since we'll obviously see what it's fully capable of when Luffy fights the Pigeon Guy, but I had figured that he had turned small because he used Gear 3 to ram his body against the door or something, making his body short (like so many similar gags used in cartoons, heh). But if Gear 3 really DOES make him small, then we'll be in for a very, very interesting climactic battle....
That would be an interesting explanation for what happened to Luffy turning chibi. He does at least seem to have a body capable of doing so.
Old 2006-03-15, 22:19   Link #49
Dual247

you know what neodrag, forget about it. talking to you has truly been nothing but a drag you twist everything i say and disregard anything i say so that what you think is the absolutely truth. as i said, we all talk her to post our opinions. what i wrote were what i thought about the issue and how i see things. but no, you everything you write is always right. well, you know what, everything you say has about as much proof as what i wrote, no more no less. you know as much as i do about the status of luffy or what he'll do. instead of constantly accusing me of not backing up my statements, which i actually did if you take the time to try to understand what i actually wrote, you might have.

just a few to prove my point. saying luffy is not worn out among things just because he has his little bento in his pockets, which he already ate. yeah, it energizes him for a bit. now he used gear 3, and what, no more food. the guy is gonna get more and more worn as the upcoming battle approaches. is it that hard to believe that he won't be able to use gear 3 like he wanted?

and when was i implying that luffy wasn't about to use gear 3 on bleuno? he obviously was when he bite his finger. see what i mean, you don't try to read what i wrote, just glance thru and fill in the blanks with what you want to think i wrote. and then you said luffy is hungry and that's not taking any toll on his strength? you're just filled with contradictions, just writing to make sure what you wrote is always right if luffy is hungry, he'll become weaker. that was already shown before he hopped on the rocketman.

geez, here i was just trying to talk a lil OP, but somehow i have to get into this nonsense argument with someone who saying i can't back my argument, yet he's the one who can't. face it man, everything's an opinion until it happens. your guesses are as good as mine. i have no problem with others' opinion, and yet you're saying that i'm not one who has problems with the opinions of others. show me where i have made such claims? IF you're talking about yourself, then i agree, since that's exactly what you can't accept, dissing every opinion i have. AND THAT'S THE TRUTH
Old 2006-03-15, 22:36   Link #50
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
you know what neodrag, forget about it. talking to you has truly been nothing but a drag you twist everything i say and disregard anything i say so that what you think is the absolutely truth.
How so? If you are gonna accuse me of something you gonna need to clarify cause I don't remember putting words in your mouth and I already made it clear that the truths I speak of are from the text and image of the manga while making it clear that it's not up to me what Luffy can do.
Quote:
as i said, we all talk her to post our opinions. what i wrote were what i thought about the issue and how i see things. but no, you everything you write is always right. well, you know what, everything you say has about as much proof as what i wrote, no more no less. you know as much as i do about the status of luffy or what he'll do. instead of constantly accusing me of not backing up my statements, which i actually did if you take the time to try to understand what i actually wrote, you might have.
Again, I already made it clear that I don't consider myself infallible. I would think the words "guess" and "seem" would make this clear along with me posting more than once that it's up to Oda of course. You need to remember that this forum allows a person that challenge your opinions. And you still haven't backed up your commentary on Luffy suffering from the usage of 2nd Gear much less 3rd Gear. Having the munchies and a chibi form just don't strike me as dire problems, including when Luffy is still the one who came up with it and doesn't seem morbidly concerned.
Quote:
just a few to prove my point. saying luffy is not worn out among things just because he has his little bento in his pockets, which he already ate. yeah, it energizes him for a bit. now he used gear 3, and what, no more food. the guy is gonna get more and more worn as the upcoming battle approaches. is it that hard to believe that he won't be able to use gear 3 like he wanted?
How do you know he has no more food though? And Luffy gets worned out by plenty of fighting in general. Most of his fights pretty much involve him clearly not being a perfectly injury free state. Though, I do remember putting down that I give it to you that Luffy did seem surprised when it came to being hungry. And still it remains that Luffy is the one who came up with 3rd Gear where he still hasn't shown much concern over using it so who am I to really doubt something he created. But again it's up to Oda in how things will turn out.
Quote:
and when was i implying that luffy wasn't about to use gear 3 on bleuno? he obviously was when he bite his finger. see what i mean, you don't try to read what i wrote, just glance thru and fill in the blanks with what you want to think i wrote. and then you said luffy is hungry and that's not taking any toll on his strength? you're just filled with contradictions, just writing to make sure what you wrote is always right if luffy is hungry, he'll become weaker. that was already shown before he hopped on the rocketman.
I read the part where you simply put down that anyone could tell that Blueno was down for the 9-count in which doesn't really change the fact that Luffy was nearly willing to use 3rd Gear with a grin on his face. I simply put down that eating a bentou after fighting through 100s of marines, fighting with Blueno in his normal form, and using 2nd Gear in all just doesn't strike me as an extreme problem. And I do kind of remember that Luffy had more than just simply hunger happening to him in terms of effecting his health back at Water 7 though again I still gave it to you that the food is a necessity for him. The shigan through the upper body area would also have its addition to a negative health.
Quote:
geez, here i was just trying to talk a lil OP, but somehow i have to get into this nonsense argument with someone who saying i can't back my argument, yet he's the one who can't. face it man, everything's an opinion until it happens. your guesses are as good as mine. i have no problem with others' opinion, and yet you're saying that i'm not one who has problems with the opinions of others. show me where i have made such claims? IF you're talking about yourself, then i agree, since that's exactly what you can't accept, dissing every opinion i have. AND THAT'S THE TRUTH
And how exactly did I not back up my arguments? I still have more evidence from the manga in which Luffy shows a willingness to make use of 3rd Gear against Lucchi. I clearly didn't say that you simply had a problem with other people's opinions. Just that you seem to take it a bit personally when someone disagrees with you. If you really feel the need to criticize someone because they challenge your opinion that's still you not respecting their's. So I'm sorry to tell you that you stretching it pretty far accusing me of just simply dissing your opinions. Including when I have actually asked you questions. I just simply enjoy getting more clarity of a person's opinions rather than just wanting to go out my way to be Mr.Sensitive. Cause though I do respect the opinion of others, I could really care less about not hurting your feelings (though of course I'm not the type to insult).
Old 2006-03-15, 22:53   Link #51
Dual247

look, i'm not gonna geek out about OP like you are. i'm not the type of guy that's gonna spend like most of the day studying OP like you're geekin out to be. and from the looks of it, you study OP a lot more than me, and that's you. no problem with that. but from the way you speak, you are putting me down and disregarding my opinions, because they don't favor how you feel. and the last time i checked, i don't see you backing up anything you say, yet you're saying i don't and again, i have no idea what you're saying about me having problems with other people's opinions. i do on the other hand have a problem with someone who's preaching about honoring other's opinions when he's actually the one who's doing all that.

again i ask, how did i have a problem with other's opinions? i would like anyone else on this board to comment on this to see who's right about this besides neodrag, since we're nothing but bickering back and forward. evidently you feel like you're right and i'm wrong. and me vice versa. this is not about the content of the chapter, so i have no problem if you feel differently about what's happening or what's gonna happen in the future. but to flat out say my opinions are wrong? prove it then. but for the rest of the posters here, i just want an unbiase opinion of who you think is wrong with the attitude between me and neodrag?
Old 2006-03-15, 23:04   Link #52
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
look, i'm not gonna geek out about OP like you are. i'm not the type of guy that's gonna spend like most of the day studying OP like you're geekin out to be. and from the looks of it, you study OP a lot more than me, and that's you. no problem with that. but from the way you speak, you are putting me down and disregarding my opinions, because they don't favor how you feel. and the last time i checked, i don't see you backing up anything you say, yet you're saying i don't and again, i have no idea what you're saying about me having problems with other people's opinions. i do on the other hand have a problem with someone who's preaching about honoring other's opinions when he's actually the one who's doing all that.
I already have been discussing about the series on more than one forum so I guess I already went past simply being geeked out as your definition seems to be for it.

And you seem to act as if it's possible that my memory span is not simply that of one day, and also that I still have the volumes on hand for a quick look through.

And how exactly is me bringing up the fact that Luffy is the one who came up with the two gear levels, didn't seem that worried about them much, was willing to use 3rd Gear against an opponent weaker than Lucchi, etc. not backing up my statements? Cause you still haven't provided as much in terms of explaining why Luffy wouldn't use 3rd Gear till another arc.

On the respect of people's opinions. I don't see how something as simple as you being so uptight about a person challenging your opinion showing that you don't respect their's can be that hard a concept to grasp. Challenging your opinion and wanting a response from you is actually still respecting your opinion. There's a difference between agreeing and respecting obviously. So sorry for exercising my right to voice a challenge to your opinion much less beginning out just simply bringing up a possibility.
Quote:
again i ask, how did i have a problem with other's opinions? i would like anyone else on this board to comment on this to see who's right about this besides neodrag, since we're nothing but bickering back and forward. evidently you feel like you're right and i'm wrong. and me vice versa. this is not about the content of the chapter, so i have no problem if you feel differently about what's happening or what's gonna happen in the future. but to flat out say my opinions are wrong? prove it then. but for the rest of the posters here, i just want an unbiase opinion of who you think is wrong with the attitude between me and neodrag?
Bickering? I find this discussion to be quite enjoyable where I hope that you are willing to still continue. And when did I flat out just said that your opinion was wrong without an ounce of any possibility that you are right? Cause I remember putting down that I believed that Luffy would use 3rd Gear in his fight with Lucchi; not that it's an absolute that it will happen. So again I respect your opinion, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with you nor does it mean I have to care about your feelings.

But I will say that your idea of having others join in this discussion of ours or comment on it is not a bad idea.
Old 2006-03-15, 23:24   Link #53
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

a bit of tension here.... huh?
Old 2006-03-15, 23:25   Link #54
Dual247

first of all, i love OP. i love this anime probably more than any of the other ones that i watch. but at the end of the day, its just that, an anime. yes there are times when i might have miss something or whatever, but that's as i said, i'm probably not as religious about it as you do. at least that's the feeling i get.

now... if its just about talking one piece, i have absolutely no problem with that. but like here, you're misquoting me. i never said he won't use gear 3 for sure. and if you go back and read my posts, you'll find that i've never said such a thing. all i wrote was that its POSSIBLE that he won't until later arcs, hence the reason why i said oda has been constantly teasing us about gear 3. and the reason i say its possible that he won't is because using it could worn him out in this stage of his level-up. remember me saying he was trembling after using gear 2? those are just some of my observations. i never claimed that he'll definately not use it til next arc. i just said its possible. to the lucchi thing. yeah, the guy looks strong, but truthfully we really don't know HOW STRONG he really is yet compared to luffy. remember the first encounter with luffy, the strawhats were unsure about themselves and as a result were weak. now again, please don't take words out of my mouth again. for all i know lucchi might even be a gazillion times stronger than he was then.

see, i never claimed any truth. most of what i said were maybes and possibilities based on what i read and how i perceived it. HEY, if you feel that luffy will go berserk in gear 3 against lucchi? fine, if that's how you feel. i don't disregard that idea, its possible. but from the sound of it, you made it seem like its impossible that luffy could beat him in gear 2, which we don't know. he might use gear 3 in the next battle. we don't know. all i said was its a POSSIBILITY. and that's what these discussion boards are for. that's my thought. i never claimed anything or mocked anybody.

but... like you, i do want more people to get into OP to see how good it is compare to other animes out there. and more people to talk about it and what they think. that's the gist of it.
Old 2006-03-16, 00:19   Link #55
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
first of all, i love OP. i love this anime probably more than any of the other ones that i watch. but at the end of the day, its just that, an anime. yes there are times when i might have miss something or whatever, but that's as i said, i'm probably not as religious about it as you do. at least that's the feeling i get.
So me disagreeing with you and wanting to have a discussion about something equates to me being religious about it? And any statement where you label something as "just a..." is a bit of a cop out action on your part. Now you seem to suggest that I treat the manga as something beyond what it is an acceptable viewpoint. So coupling your suggestiong of me being more "religious" and not treating something as "just an anime" you are a line away from just simply calling me a fanboy.
Quote:
now... if its just about talking one piece, i have absolutely no problem with that. but like here, you're misquoting me. i never said he won't use gear 3 for sure. and if you go back and read my posts, you'll find that i've never said such a thing. all i wrote was that its POSSIBLE that he won't until later arcs, hence the reason why i said oda has been constantly teasing us about gear 3. and the reason i say its possible that he won't is because using it could worn him out in this stage of his level-up. remember me saying he was trembling after using gear 2? those are just some of my observations. i never claimed that he'll definately not use it til next arc. i just said its possible. to the lucchi thing. yeah, the guy looks strong, but truthfully we really don't know HOW STRONG he really is yet compared to luffy. remember the first encounter with luffy, the strawhats were unsure about themselves and as a result were weak. now again, please don't take words out of my mouth again. for all i know lucchi might even be a gazillion times stronger than he was then.
How am I misquoting you? I didn't change your quotes from what they originally were. I wasn't accusing you of being absolute in your thinking that 3rd Gear wouldn't be shown till a later arc. I just simply wanted clarification on why you thought so. And also I ask where exactly was Luffy trembling? Cause all I see from the scene question is simply Luff having his stomach grumbling. See, you seem to keep putting down what occured after Luffy used 2nd Gear as if he collasped like he did when he first tried to get on the Rocketman or something. So I can't help but find my comment about what occured after 2nd Gear to be a bit exaggerated much less putting such an emphasis simply because Luffy doesn't look normal for just one page after using 3rd Gear.

On Lucchi, it still remains that Lucchi is somewhat suggested to at least be strong enough to warrant Luffy's action where Blueno being the person that isn't his main focus for a fight still was nearly given the chance to experience 3rd Gear.

And the phrase I'm guessing you are trying to put down is put words in your mouth. How exactly did I do that? Cause I'm the one who is using actual quotes where what I put down in response is clearly my opinion.
Quote:
see, i never claimed any truth. most of what i said were maybes and possibilities based on what i read and how i perceived it. HEY, if you feel that luffy will go berserk in gear 3 against lucchi? fine, if that's how you feel. i don't disregard that idea, its possible. but from the sound of it, you made it seem like its impossible that luffy could beat him in gear 2, which we don't know. he might use gear 3 in the next battle. we don't know. all i said was its a POSSIBILITY. and that's what these discussion boards are for. that's my thought. i never claimed anything or mocked anybody.

but... like you, i do want more people to get into OP to see how good it is compare to other animes out there. and more people to talk about it and what they think. that's the gist of it.
You accused me of simply dissing you when it remains that such a phrase of course refers to insulting someone rather than just simply disagreeing with them on something.

So could you explain how I made it seem like I was speaking in absolute or accusing you of speaking on absolutes cause it remains that on multiple accounts I maid clear that I consider my opinion fallible. You still accused me of treating my opinion as infallible fact when I made clear that it isn't the case so many times.
Old 2006-03-16, 00:46   Link #56
Dual247

wtf are you talking about neodrag??? you being religious about OP meaning you're overboard with it. there's fanboy and there's overboard. and how the heck am i copping out of anything? i said something is possible, never said it definitely will, and that's my exact quote. i never went back and change things. i never made any remarks that isn't true. as i said, you should go back and actually read what i wrote. COP OUT? please. if that's what i wrote, how is it copping out? its a discussion, and i wrote what i think could happen. geez.

and you saying luffy's body not being tired after using gear 2 on blueno, but instead just simply stomach growling:

man, forget it. arguing with you is nonsense. here i was just trying to talk a little OP, but you have to constantly call me out and saying cop out this and that. i don't have anything to prove to you.
Old 2006-03-16, 00:59   Link #57
Sinned

See Sig....
Old 2006-03-16, 01:00   Link #58
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
wtf are you talking about neodrag??? you being religious about OP meaning you're overboard with it. there's fanboy and there's overboard. and how the heck am i copping out of anything? i said something is possible, never said it definitely will, and that's my exact quote. i never went back and change things. i never made any remarks that isn't true. as i said, you should go back and actually read what i wrote. COP OUT? please. if that's what i wrote, how is it copping out? its a discussion, and i wrote what i think could happen. geez.
Again, you still keep claiming that I'm doing something yet all you have is me having a discussion with you. Not me claiming that I'm an infallible god on all things One Piece nor sayig that life would be pointless without it. You accusing me of going overboard and labeling something as "just as..." is a cop out when so many people have done so where instead of simply discussing a topic you accuse them of doing something fanboyish. Cause when you take part in a forum it's gonna take more than simply a disagreement for you to put a label on someone as if you have a high horse to judge from.

And where exactly did I accuse you of trying to act absolute on your opinion? I only at most criticize you for acting like I was playing the part of the infallible and taking it personally that I disagree with you on something.
Quote:
and you saying luffy's body not being tired after using gear 2 on blueno, but instead just simply stomach growling:
Spoiler:
Thanks for the image. And I said Luffy wasn't trembling; not that he wasn't actually tired. He still doesn't come off as bad as he was when he collasped trying to get on the Rocketman. Much less it remains that he seemed quite fine not too long afterwards with you still not answering me on the question of how could we know that Luffy does not have anymore bentou. And I suggest you put that image in spoiler tags. I hope you don't mind that I do so for your quote.
Quote:
man, forget it. arguing with you is nonsense. here i was just trying to talk a little OP, but you have to constantly call me out and saying cop out this and that. i don't have anything to prove to you.
Like I said, I do have the right make a response or disagree with your opinion. If you don't want to clarify or continue onward you are free to do so. I didn't say you had anything to prove to me. I still find this exchange be enjoyable.
Old 2006-03-16, 01:09   Link #59
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Neodrag, Dual247 is taking it to you!

Better step your game up!
Old 2006-03-17, 00:08   Link #60
AMS

When I seen chibi luffy, I almost died.
Closed Thread