AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-13, 01:37   Link #41
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

He's done that before in katsu, although not to protagonist of previous work, so it won't be something new for him.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:31   Link #42
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Yeah, but like you said, KATSU! was a bit of a different set-up. Basically, I could see Touma being someone else's son, but not necessarily Tatsuya's. I don't buy (and I don't want to) the whole Tatsuya is now dead, his son was left to the care of a stranger and so on. I mean, even if Tatsuya had, for one reason or the other, passed away, you'd reckon his wife (Minami, right? haha) would look after the kid. And even if that didn't happen, he had a ton of old friends from school who most likely wouldn't have minded to look after Touma.

Still, I'm really interested about that uniform.
Old 2012-07-13, 23:47   Link #43
Estendius

I don't think Tatsuya and Minami is directly related with characters of mix. Something like " Mesei had only gone to the Koshien once before ", or the uniform,...etc...

Anyway, love to see the manga related with Touch ( one of my best favourite manga )...

And I'm glad to see everyone there, many Adachi and Touch fan .

(Sorry for my bad English :P)
Estendius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 06:38   Link #44
Kirarakim

I am not going to speculate on the uniform because I am sure I will be wrong. I do hope we see grown up Minami & Tatsuya at some point. Although the main character does look a bit like Tatsuya (I know that's just Adachi's character designs)

Not sure how I feel about the whole stepsister/stepbrother thing but I did really love the flashback between them.

The other "twin" is giving me Adachi "death flags".
Old 2012-08-11, 23:58   Link #45
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I swear this being a monthly serial makes me want to murder someone. The latest chapter is just setup for the next one, with nothing happening at all except for a bunch of allusions on future events.

Goddamit Adachi, make this a weekly please. I know you're old and all, but this isn't what Touch's sequel deserves.

And on a shippy note, Touma can deny it all he wants, but clearly he'll realize sooner or later he really likes his 'fake' sister.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 11:52   Link #46
GrimJack

He is 62 years of age now and unlikely to go back to the rigours of drawing a weekly series, I follow lots of monthlies so waiting is not a problem for me just increases anticipation
Old 2012-08-12, 12:09   Link #47
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I swear this being a monthly serial makes me want to murder someone. The latest chapter is just setup for the next one, with nothing happening at all except for a bunch of allusions on future events.

Goddamit Adachi, make this a weekly please. I know you're old and all, but this isn't what Touch's sequel deserves.

And on a shippy note, Touma can deny it all he wants, but clearly he'll realize sooner or later he really likes his 'fake' sister.
Yeah, I gave up being 'mad' about it, there's not much we can do. And at least with MIX it feels more like one of his "main" weekly baseball manga than stuff like Q&A, so i can't complain.

Anyway, yeah, it was a setup chapter, but it still had that Adachi charm, and we got to see a bit of other characters who were only briefly mentioned before, like Touma's classmate who he "had a fight with" and the terrible pitcher's dad, who, actually, didn't seem like such a bad guy after all!

Also, the part at the end with Sou and Touma debating what they'd do was pretty good. I liked that line where Sou tells Touma to "take responsibility", haha. Gotta turn them into the finest battery of high school baseball once again!
Old 2012-08-12, 18:22   Link #48
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I got so trolled by that "no peeking" sign Adachi is planting flags all over the place,pour Touma doesn't know what's coming !

Oh and even if it's monthly,at last the chapters have been 35+ pages long so there's always that.
Old 2012-08-12, 18:51   Link #49
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Yeah, but like you said, KATSU! was a bit of a different set-up. Basically, I could see Touma being someone else's son, but not necessarily Tatsuya's. I don't buy (and I don't want to) the whole Tatsuya is now dead, his son was left to the care of a stranger and so on. I mean, even if Tatsuya had, for one reason or the other, passed away, you'd reckon his wife (Minami, right? haha) would look after the kid. And even if that didn't happen, he had a ton of old friends from school who most likely wouldn't have minded to look after Touma.

Still, I'm really interested about that uniform.
Not total strangers. The father is implied to be part of Tatsuya's Meisei team, and Minami might also passed away together with Tatsuya. Well, this is all just a speculation, but I call dips on the " I told you so" card when Adachi does decide to take this plot
Old 2012-08-12, 19:37   Link #50
Kirarakim

Personally I am happy this is a monthly, I find them much easier to follow.
Old 2012-08-26, 07:43   Link #51
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Am I the only one aghast at the speculation that Tatsuya and Minami might be dead?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 00:01   Link #52
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Am I the only one aghast at the speculation that Tatsuya and Minami might be dead?
where does that come from?
Old 2012-09-15, 13:24   Link #53
GrimJack

latest chapter was full of win... love Adachi-pro!!
Old 2012-09-17, 16:32   Link #54
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Really short speculation
- Tatsuya will come back as the New Coach.
Old 2012-09-23, 03:05   Link #55
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Anyone wanna translate the Koshien plate for the names of the 1986 team members?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 08:30   Link #56
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
So anyone's still following this title? It's been great so far.
Old 2013-03-10, 02:42   Link #57
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

of course. All Adachi fans will surely still following this, although the monthly schedule is killing us all bit by bit XD
Old 2013-03-10, 04:16   Link #58
Pacify

Enjoying it so far, even with the long wait between chapters. Interesting to see what, if any twist we get. Hopefully no one dies >_<
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 12:49   Link #59
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

ch12 quick summary
coach resign
Touma is handed the "#1" number
nobody died yet

looks like new coach for both Meisei and SumikoKenjou.
Guesses on the new Coachs?

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2013-05-11 at 20:39.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 12:15   Link #60
ronptaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Anyone wanna translate the Koshien plate for the names of the 1986 team members?
The copy I have has a slice missing, so some of this is interpolation:

From the top:

1986 68th Koshien
All Japan High School Baseball Tournament
Champion
Meisei High School

The center is a picture of a baseball player with the word "Koshien" spelled out in big brown letters.

On the bottom from left to right we have the names of the players, numbered 15 down to 1. Figuring out all the names is hard. Number 1 is obviously Uesugi Tatsuya, and Number 2 is Matsudaira Kotaro. So far (as of ch. 13), not a single one of these names has appeared in Mix.

Continuing to the right are the names of the adults. The "team leader" (which I guess must be the faculty advisor: the last name is Aikawa), the coach (Nishio Shigenori), the Rijicho of the school. Other names I don't recognize. (Maybe the officials of the tournament?)

Sadly, the team manager is not mentioned on the plate, so far as I can see, despite her diligence and hard work, and the sense of pride and accomplishment she deservedly felt alongside the players.

Last edited by ronptaku; 2013-06-10 at 12:40.
ronptaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adachi mitsuru, baseball