4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-21, 05:16   Link #41
Mubyoshi

Although Tetra is actually a male player, I wouldn't consider her a trap considering in that world she's all female.
Old 2014-12-21, 05:51   Link #42
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
Even some enemies gave salt to their enemies.
Tetra's a
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
What does Tetra being a trap have to do with it?
A "trap" would imply she is still male.
While her mentality may or may not be of male sex, her body is likely genderbent.
Thus, trap is probably not an accurate term.
Old 2014-12-21, 07:17   Link #43
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Maybe they beat Luseat off-screen. Remember, Shiroe's strategy was keeping those three raid bosses apart.
Someone on reddit mentioned that he probably killed himself, since he kept damaging himself to spawn his minions, so that might be a possibility as well...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2014-12-21, 07:58   Link #44
tsunade666

Quote:
So a former member of Debauchery Tea Party is in Plant Hwyden (KR)? And Kazuhiko, a member of Plant Hwyden, recommended Tetra to Log Horizon? Whuut? I thought they were enemies??
There are things that aren't mentioned but Tetra is at first suspected by Shiroe as a spy of Minami. S/he was sent by Kazuhihko and Shiroe even confronts Tetra about it if I remember it right but he didn't do further aside from confirming his thoughts. maybe because he knew Kazuhiko as a former tea party member but who knows.

as for why Shiroe was in a hurry or in secret mission here. Its beacuse PH is also planning buying Yamato in their own way. Though how they are trying to get the money? who knows. Its not revealed because Shiroe already beat them to it.
Old 2014-12-21, 09:25   Link #45
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
There are things that aren't mentioned but Tetra is at first suspected by Shiroe as a spy of Minami. S/he was sent by Kazuhihko and Shiroe even confronts Tetra about it if I remember it right but he didn't do further aside from confirming his thoughts. maybe because he knew Kazuhiko as a former tea party member but who knows.
I don't remember any of that happening at all, and I think I've read volume 7 at least three times over. Shiroe just says that Kazuhiko recommended her, and Tet says that she didn't join Log Horizon because Kazu said so. I can't recollect any scene where it was just Shiroe and Tet talking to each other.

From the drama CD, though, Tet actually went to Akiba first, met William and found out he was going to Susukino, then went up there with Silver Sword. It kinda clashes with the LN, but I'm pretty sure Mamare directed the drama CD as well.
Old 2014-12-21, 09:44   Link #46
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
I don't remember any of that happening at all, and I think I've read volume 7 at least three times over. Shiroe just says that Kazuhiko recommended her, and Tet says that she didn't join Log Horizon because Kazu said so. I can't recollect any scene where it was just Shiroe and Tet talking to each other.
it didn't? but I remember it reading somewhere that Tetra was suspected as spy of PH or send by Kazuhiko but Shiroe didn't care about it or he probably let it be.

I remember the part where Tet said s/he didn't want to join Log Hora because its mission but I remember something about her observing shiroe or something in north. probably silver sword.
Old 2014-12-21, 10:19   Link #47
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post

From the drama CD, though, Tet actually went to Akiba first, met William and found out he was going to Susukino, then went up there with Silver Sword. It kinda clashes with the LN, but I'm pretty sure Mamare directed the drama CD as well.
Actually what she said was that she didn't stay in Susukino because of Kazuhiko's orders. So there's really no conflicts between novel/anime and the drama CD. Tetora probably left Minami after she became disillusioned with how Plant Hwyaden runs things; she was uncharacteristically solemn when talking about how this world was not heartless enough for people to ignore each other’s plight. So from there she probably went to Akiba, met William, found him interesting and then followed the Silver Swords up North.

Signature by liro
Old 2014-12-21, 10:34   Link #48
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

So Kazuhiko and KR were Tea Party members, and Tetra isn't?

I think all of these (Tetra being sent by Kazuhiko, being a minami spy) has not been discussed in length in the anime yet, that's why I'm confused about the whole situation. I only remember Tetra saying that s/he's an idol or whatever.

If s/he is a minami spy, then shiroe made a huge mistake by letting her join the raid and welcoming her to log horizon. But as I've said her origins, and how she came to susukino isn't clear to me yet.

As for Tetra's gender, I was asking and pointing out that his/her gender doesn't have anything to do with my question on her role in the whole thing. I do agree that trap isn't the right term to use though.
Old 2014-12-21, 11:04   Link #49
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I watched the first season of this all at once, so these one week waits are killing me. I love this show. The story is fun, and (more importantly) the characters - many as there are - are fantastic.

I've been on both sides of the fence that Akatsuki is currently dealing with, so I can definitely understand her desire to be stronger.

Naotsugu x Marie is absolutely adorable, and I'm actually quite surprised, to be honest. I'd thought he was going to remain oblivious to her feelings (as per the norm in these cases), or not return them at all. This is much more preferable to me!

Lastly, Tetra. Usually she'd annoy me, both in a show and the people like this I've met in MMOs. But I actually find her hilarious. There's just one itch about her I just can't scratch though. Even though I'm probably wrong (and I honestly would rather be mistaken), every bone in my body thinks that she is a he.
I knew it! Good old MMO instincts (facts?) never fail me.

Aside from that, great wrap-up/feel good episode. Especially needed after watching the SAO ep this week, ha ha ha.

Loved seeing Marie's classic rolling again, I missed that.
Old 2014-12-21, 11:53   Link #50
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I knew it! Good old MMO instincts (facts?) never fail me.

Aside from that, great wrap-up/feel good episode. Especially needed after watching the SAO ep this week, ha ha ha.

Loved seeing Marie's classic rolling again, I missed that.
Tetra will eventually become female if she doesn't find a way out of the game. All the gender-bent players are becoming their character's gender.
Old 2014-12-21, 12:47   Link #51
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Woohoo, raid clear! Getting your name engraved on that slab of stone is one of the greatest honours a raider can have, along with enchanting the loot to stupidly high levels ...although that will probably have to wait.

Wallace picked up a great item for Shiroe, boosting his psychic damage, mdef AND giving him a reduced death penalty...I'd put him on my friend list too after that xD

This episode also sheds light on Tetra's gender, GIRL confirmed! Quite the situation this player got himself into though...it could be catastrophic, eventually. Anyway, she's in LH now and a cleric is always good to have^^

The PH meeting was generic and not all that informative, the fact that KR was in DTP along with Shiroe doesn't mean much either...guilds relations tend to matter little when certain events take place, so now is the best time to sit back and watch teh plot unfold! ...there will be plot, right? *grabs popcorn*
Old 2014-12-21, 12:57   Link #52
Jagger

This anime is pretty light hearted so I'm sure they're never going to approach the subject but if you were a guy and you played a female character for fun (thus no gender dysphoria involved), then suddenly you found yourself in a world where the game is real and your equipment down there is female, that'd be pretty damn traumatic.
Old 2014-12-21, 13:27   Link #53
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

"Immortality! It's yours! Take it!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Woohoo, raid clear! Getting your name engraved on that slab of stone is one of the greatest honours a raider can have, along with enchanting the loot to stupidly high levels ...although that will probably have to wait.
One of the small but favorite moments for me is that look on Demikas' face when he saw his name being etched on the stone along side with the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger View Post
This anime is pretty light hearted so I'm sure they're never going to approach the subject but if you were a guy and you played a female character for fun (thus no gender dysphoria involved), then suddenly you found yourself in a world where the game is real and your equipment down there is female, that'd be pretty damn traumatic.
Well I don't know if the Anime would cover it, but I know Tetra isn't the only genderbend character in this story.
Old 2014-12-21, 17:20   Link #54
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

decent episode.. very good
Shiroe is truly a person who always think ahead
no wonder why Kunie clan would quickly agree with his idea.. it is for the sake of People of the Land

meanwhile, Silver Sword + Log Horizon + Demikas really did a great job in taking care those raid bosses *I think only two are dealed with.. that black-armor boss seems got skipped.. wait! he isn't propagating his shadow until he died, right?*

that welcoming back scene is cute
Trap-Tetra is joining Naotsugu's harem.. jealous Marie Idol vs Guild Master
I also notice a jealous glare from Minori.. well, Akatsuki is too cute in this episode
I like the new attire of Naotsugu,Shiroe, and Akatsuki.. cool-looking and looks stronger
Old 2014-12-21, 17:49   Link #55
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
If s/he is a minami spy, then shiroe made a huge mistake by letting her join the raid and welcoming her to log horizon. But as I've said her origins, and how she came to susukino isn't clear to me yet.
99% Shiroe already knows that (s)he's a spy, and accepted her in on purpose.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2014-12-21, 18:15   Link #56
Strikefreedom117

Tetra's a boy, mwf, whyyoudodis, goddamn it i am rustled and butthurt more than i should be
Old 2014-12-21, 20:52   Link #57
NeonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger View Post
I think the people stuck as werecats would be in a much more traumatic situation...

Anyway, I guess that's why we got that exposition early on this season about personality eventually being influenced by the body and the voice changing to match the gender too, explaining why there hasn't been a large amount of distress about their in game avatar not matching their real body, only a few rare examples. It explains away that type of problem without having to deal with it much directly.
Old 2014-12-21, 21:23   Link #58
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
There is two example of two genderswapped people and how they coped with the situation btw. Akatsuki who just wanted to go back to being a girl asap (and did it thanks to Shiroe), and Tetra who seems happy with the situation. It seems handwaved away because Touno felt that it is NOT the main focus of his story (kinda like how he stated that having a bunch of characters named SePhiRoTh666 or XAznPixieGirlX, like it's common place in many MMO, would be a disservice to his story).
Old 2014-12-21, 23:34   Link #59
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
it didn't? but I remember it reading somewhere that Tetra was suspected as spy of PH or send by Kazuhiko but Shiroe didn't care about it or he probably let it be.

I remember the part where Tet said s/he didn't want to join Log Hora because its mission but I remember something about her observing shiroe or something in north. probably silver sword.
That was probably misinformation, just like how Nureha was said to be whored out by her mother when that was never even remotely stated in the light novels (unless volume 8 said something about it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Tetora probably left Minami after she became disillusioned with how Plant Hwyaden runs things
Considering that Tet's guild isn't Plant Hwyaden, isn't it more likely she fled from either Minami or Nakasu to avoid being integrated into the guild? After all, I feel as though she implies, from her talk with Naotsugu in the LN, that Light Indigo was formed before the Catastrophe.

Quote:
So Kazuhiko and KR were Tea Party members, and Tetra isn't?

I think all of these (Tetra being sent by Kazuhiko, being a minami spy) has not been discussed in length in the anime yet, that's why I'm confused about the whole situation. I only remember Tetra saying that s/he's an idol or whatever.

I don't think Tet's a spy, which is what I've been debating with tsunade666 about. If Shiroe's intuition was strong enough to see through Nureha's perfect Overlay overskill, he could probably sense if she was a spy.
Old 2014-12-22, 00:15   Link #60
Jagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
I think the people stuck as werecats would be in a much more traumatic situation...

Anyway, I guess that's why we got that exposition early on this season about personality eventually being influenced by the body and the voice changing to match the gender too, explaining why there hasn't been a large amount of distress about their in game avatar not matching their real body, only a few rare examples. It explains away that type of problem without having to deal with it much directly.
That explanation highlights the fact the mangaka doesn't understand the subject. Gender is learned through cultural conditioning. Whatever sex the player's body happens to be, that cultural conditioning won't disappear. Biologically there aren't many differences between male and female brains. A man who's been male all his life won't suddenly start acting all cute and fluffy and start wanting to have sex with men because his body is now female.

Realistically there are thousands of players walking around in elder tale with their gender identity fucked up.

It's fine that the author didn't feel like going into it, but it hurts the narrative's credibility.
Closed Thread