1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-11-18, 21:12   Link #41
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I must have missed it, but did Lenessia ever reveal to the adventurers why she was so reluctant?
I'd imagine the fact that it would take decades to repair the system (why?) once it is turned off has to be a major deterrent. Suppose the adventurers move on in the future. Akihabara would then be left with only limited protections.

Plus I don't think Lenessia is very comfortable in her role. Her father and his counsellors always made decisions like these. She still sees herself as a spoiled and useless princess and not someone capable of making major decisions. I think she needs some other advisors, particularly a couple of other People of the Land so she doesn't get talked into doing things by the adventurers she'd later regret.
Old 2014-11-18, 22:23   Link #42
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

As far as the defense system going down, the removal of the guards is going to be the main issue, monster attacks shouldn't be too much of a problem for a capital city housing 15,000 players.
Old 2014-11-18, 22:53   Link #43
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'd imagine the fact that it would take decades to repair the system (why?) once it is turned off has to be a major deterrent. Suppose the adventurers move on in the future. Akihabara would then be left with only limited protections.

Plus I don't think Lenessia is very comfortable in her role. Her father and his counsellors always made decisions like these. She still sees herself as a spoiled and useless princess and not someone capable of making major decisions. I think she needs some other advisors, particularly a couple of other People of the Land so she doesn't get talked into doing things by the adventurers she'd later regret.
Oh, no, I know the reason. I'm just wondering if she made the reveal, in-story, to the adventurers.
Old 2014-11-18, 23:18   Link #44
unpossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
As far as the defense system going down, the removal of the guards is going to be the main issue, monster attacks shouldn't be too much of a problem for a capital city housing 15,000 players.
But the city also is home to lots and lots of People of the Land, who are incredibly low level and don't resurrect themselves.
Old 2014-11-18, 23:20   Link #45
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
But the city also is home to lots and lots of People of the Land, who are incredibly low level and don't resurrect themselves.
I thought this was the crux of the matter as well.
Old 2014-11-19, 00:11   Link #46
DQueenie13

Quote:
Adventurers could set up their own defense force to protect the city. But without the Guard system, PKing can be done within the city by anybody. The second Minami's spies gets word of this, Akiba's pretty vulnerable because they'll know that the city of Akiba is no longer a safe zone from attack. Rather than try to attack it subtly, in socio/political ways like Marves attempted, they could just try and form a large enough army and attack head-on.
Old 2014-11-19, 00:11   Link #47
tsunade666

Quote:
There also strong landers though the knights usually are only up to level 30-40 at highest. That still won't pose a threat to nearby low level monsters. Usually monsters around starting cities are only low level. Plus there are also royal guard that still function minus the teleportation ability of the armor.

If its just few low level monster then its no problem. It will be a problem if it become like the goblin horde attack in season 1 where low level horde around high level or class and form an army.
Old 2014-11-19, 00:37   Link #48
Irisiel

Does anyone know if Elder Tale has a leash mechanic? And with the world becoming more real, does it still exist? Because...Yeah.

All you need is a will, a motivated, rotating party of kiters, healers and tanks, and lots of patience and time on your hands.
Old 2014-11-19, 07:59   Link #49
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Adventurers could set up their own defense force to protect the city. But without the Guard system, PKing can be done within the city by anybody. The second Minami's spies gets word of this, Akiba's pretty vulnerable because they'll know that the city of Akiba is no longer a safe zone from attack. Rather than try to attack it subtly, in socio/political ways like Marves attempted, they could just try and form a large enough army and attack head-on.

The OP may be hinting at the formation of a defense force with the Issac scene.
Old 2014-11-19, 15:03   Link #50
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
with what?

Akiba still has the largest group of adventure at 15k. If i remember correctly Minami has 10k or less. A Army of landers would be useless in fight with Adventures and Akiba still holds the number advantage.
Old 2014-11-19, 17:31   Link #51
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
with what?

Akiba still has the largest group of adventure at 15k. If i remember correctly Minami has 10k or less. A Army of landers would be useless in fight with Adventures and Akiba still holds the number advantage.
An invasion itself would do considerable damage, because it's not like Akiba can do the same thing back to them since Minami has its guard system up and running.

Furthermore, since Nureha managed to get the transport gates working at least partially (which is probably how she got to Akiba so quickly, and alone), that means that if she can manage to get it to work completely, the army can just teleport into the heart of Akiba rather than invade from outside, catching the Adventurers in Akiba off-guard.
Old 2014-11-19, 19:39   Link #52
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
An invasion itself would do considerable damage, because it's not like Akiba can do the same thing back to them since Minami has its guard system up and running.

Furthermore, since Nureha managed to get the transport gates working at least partially (which is probably how she got to Akiba so quickly, and alone), that means that if she can manage to get it to work completely, the army can just teleport into the heart of Akiba rather than invade from outside, catching the Adventurers in Akiba off-guard.
then what?

sure Akiba is a bit wreck but now you got 15k really piss off adventurers.

They can't do much about Minami itself because its defenses is still up. But i bet they can do a lot of damage to the Empire that is allied with Minami.
Old 2014-11-19, 20:51   Link #53
Yan3242

Monster around akihabara shouldnt be a threat when the town defense goes down, iam sure like 80% of the adventure is pretty much over level and over gear for the monster and the adventurer can always spawn back anyway.

I think invasion wont happen since as i said before, you cant kill adventurer, they just spawn back and worse they get more pissed off by that (imagine the whole adventurer acting like demicaz ).

If iam the villain, Iam thinking something like recruiting/propaganda stuff, i will try to sway the akihabara people both lander and adventurer to my side, lander should be easy because their death is permanent and akihabara defense is down, a little bit offer and sweet words and they will surely move. Adventurer probably a bit more complex but the basic are pretty much the same.
Old 2014-11-19, 21:02   Link #54
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Remember that the original question concerned Lenessia's view of the situation. She doesn't have the sort of information available that is being discussed here. She's a bit frightened and over her head and worried that she might do something that would endanger the lives of her people. She certainly doesn't have much if any contact with the game mechanics and probably doesn't really understand the adventurers all that well either.
Old 2014-11-20, 03:26   Link #55
kukuru

An attacking army is pointless because the church is on the side of akibara. Until you HP, you don't stand a chance against a spawn that is 5 minutes away and 5 days away.

And the round table already brought the church, so ya nice try trying to revive there.

What is a problem is again people of the land. You can't live without people of the land and frankly more then enough adventures already very intimate with them.

Then you need a police force to handle PvP, ganking, etc.

It's a pain in the rear, but solvable.
Old 2014-11-20, 08:35   Link #56
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow! it's all girls' raid... so Akatsuki's first raid is Akihabara Map.

I guess the 26th maiden is Tatara since she is shown to throw the sword to Akatsuki in the preview
That Metal-Rust sword is more suitable for Akatsuki, I think... although Byakumaru seems would give more HP to her

Seeing Rieze's tears after knowing what is happening to Crusty made me think... Is Crusty build a harem in his guild like Souji did?

Can't wait to see next episode.. Akatsuki's new battle attire really look good for her
Old 2014-11-20, 22:18   Link #57
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Seeing Rieze's tears after knowing what is happening to Crusty made me think... Is Crusty build a harem in his guild like Souji did?
her
Nope. Only Souji did that. Rieze is like Akatsuki towards to Shiroe but in Rieze case. its towards Crusty.
Old 2014-11-22, 05:30   Link #58
kukuru

Every guy must have a girl(s), is the mantra of Log Hoizon world.

Even Demiquas has a lander girl.
Closed Thread