2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-22, 12:19   Link #41
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
We never meet him, but he went to Minami as a spy. In the anime, Shiroe is seen talking to him in episode 21 (or whichever one is the post-raid party).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I have a hunch that Nureha made another character to act as Shiroe's friend. Just a gut feeling.

But DQueenie13 is right that Ooshima is a spy.
We haven't seen him then? Yay. Now I don't feel so bad about not being able to put a face to the name. Log Horizon is one of the few shows where I can put faces to nearly all of the named characters. "Ooshima" nearly ruined my near perfect record.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-03-22, 12:47   Link #42
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

we won't be left hanging for long since s2 was just confirmed in fall.

Though I like how they portray shiroe as somebody who knows everything, you can't really explain how he can send somebody that was not in log horizon to spy on minami, there are too many questions left hanging here that weren't explained in the anime.

1. hmm, how did nureha came to know about world fraction? did she also meet the wizard? -edited
2. since when did shiroe start researching a way to go back?
3. what is nureha's background?
4. is overlay the world altering magic that was created around the time shiroe turned rudy into an adventurer?
5. are the izumo knights just some OP npcs who kept people from pvp-ing inside towns? where did they go?
6. who are those heroes that shiroe talked about with the wizard of miraal lake during their first meeting?

and some other things that escape me at the moment.

I've just rewatched ep21, I thought that scene were a POTL was telling the kids what shiroe did was just some kind of archive NPC who records everything that was happening in the world, turns out it was just nureha. and thanks to DQueenie13 for pointing that scene out, I thought it was irrelevant, turns out it was essential to the plot.

Hope to see shiroe as the ruler of Yamato in s2!
Old 2014-03-22, 12:54   Link #43
ookamigirl

Today we say goodbye to Log Horizon.
Shiroe was definitely my fav character.
He never ceased to amaze me with his skills.
A great strategist who I'll definitely miss.
Even the final episode wasn't problem-free.
There is always something going on to keep Shiroe busy.
Wish they explored the going home plot earlier in the story..
Good final episode.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2014-03-22, 13:00   Link #44
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
we won't be left hanging for long since s2 was just confirmed in fall.

Though I like how they portray shiroe as somebody who knows everything, you can't really explain how he can send somebody that was not in log horizon to spy on minami, there are too many questions left hanging here that weren't explained in the anime.

1. hmm, how did nureha came to know about world fraction? did she also meet the wizard? -edited
I'm certain they have someone like Re-Gan on her side of the server.
Quote:
2. since when did shiroe start researching a way to go back?
He always has been, it's just in the background. The anime is better at making references to it; his research on Overskills, finding out what the other cities are up to, stating that he's researching the world.

Quote:
3. what is nureha's background?
That's a spoiler for S2, although the anime did cut out her mention of being abused in a sense.

Quote:
4. is overlay the world altering magic that was created around the time shiroe turned rudy into an adventurer?
She developed it on her own at an unknown point; it's her Overskill.

Quote:
5. are the izumo knights just some OP npcs who kept people from pvp-ing inside towns? where did they go?
Those would be the Guard, whom we saw last episode (or 2), and at the end of the episode. Where the Izumo Knights are is a spoiler.

Quote:
6. who are those heroes that shiroe talked about with the wizard of miraal lake during their first meeting?
Heroes? The Adventurers.
Old 2014-03-22, 13:15   Link #45
The Green One

A sequel already? What a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect to actually get another season this same year. There's definitely enough for one cour, we'll have to see just how far they planned ahead.
Old 2014-03-22, 13:17   Link #46
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Just rewatched the info dump during ep14, looks like I've just forgotten some of the things I was puzzled by..

Quote:
Heroes? The Adventurers.
they called them precursors or legendary heroes during the discussion in ep14, they said they'll go back to it another time but they never did.

Quote:
I'm certain they have someone like Re-Gan on her side of the server.
I thought regan was a unique npc. oh well.

Quote:
She developed it on her own at an unknown point; it's her Overskill.
hmm so that world altering magic is still unknown then.

Looks like I've also lost some of my memories along the way what's an overskill?
Old 2014-03-22, 13:29   Link #47
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post

Looks like I've also lost some of my memories along the way what's an overskill?
A skill that you use in a way not intended by the system. Nyanta using cooking without the menu to make food with taste is an Overskill, Shiroe using his Scribe's subclass abilities to contract Rudy and give the System the middle finger is an Overskill. Nureha's Overskill may have something to do with her race's skill roulette, or her subclass or Enchanter's Astral Chaff ability or a combination of all of them.
Old 2014-03-22, 13:32   Link #48
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

oh, those skills that can change the world, as long as your skill level on that particular skill is over 90 or at the max level possible, got it

Is the minami world altering magic the restarting of the transport gates?
Old 2014-03-22, 13:34   Link #49
The Green One

An overskill is in layman's terms using a skill in a way the system never originally was able to. It can have huge effects or very little effects. It's basically thinking outside the box.
Old 2014-03-22, 13:39   Link #50
Ickarium

Yeah. Anything, it doesn't have to be world-altering. Her shapeshifting isn't. But it's something the system didn't intend. Shiroe and Nyanta's thorn bind hostage instant takedown probably counts too.

It's basically to use a quote from WoW 'Clever Use of Game Mechanics'. And now that there's no developers, you can abuse it even more and no one will patch the system. :P
Old 2014-03-22, 13:54   Link #51
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Shiroe and Nyanta's thorn bind hostage instant takedown probably counts too.
Shiroe and Nyanta's combo isn't an overskill but just a combo perform. Its normal in MMO games.
Old 2014-03-22, 13:54   Link #52
J4n1

Seems i am only one underwhelmed by this episode.
The Marvin scene was rushed, almost all of Raynesias parts were left out, guild leaders came in one go instead of one by one (and we still have no clue why the bodyguards were added to the scene, they brought nothing into it).
Shiroe and Minori talking felt stretched out (might just be me being a fast reader), and Shiroe's dialogue was softened from the novels.

And while it was nice to finally see Shiroe and Nureha meeting.
The whole scene felt watered down, in the novels it was intense and charged, but i got almost none of that from this episode.
They also may have changed dialogue when Shiroe gives his answer to Nureha, but it might just be difference in translation so not holding that against them too much.
Old 2014-03-22, 14:06   Link #53
omegasereon

Wow season 2! Can't wait!
Old 2014-03-22, 14:12   Link #54
ACDNeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Seems i am only one underwhelmed by this episode.
The Marvin scene was rushed, almost all of Raynesias parts were left out, guild leaders came in one go instead of one by one (and we still have no clue why the bodyguards were added to the scene, they brought nothing into it).
Shiroe and Minori talking felt stretched out (might just be me being a fast reader), and Shiroe's dialogue was softened from the novels.

And while it was nice to finally see Shiroe and Nureha meeting.
The whole scene felt watered down, in the novels it was intense and charged, but i got almost none of that from this episode.
They also may have changed dialogue when Shiroe gives his answer to Nureha, but it might just be difference in translation so not holding that against them too much.
can't be helped, NHK cutout all the "negative" elements, and softened everything, it's sad, but at least we'll have Second Season (anyway 25 eps with 3 vols? that doesn't seems right)

Last edited by ACDNeo; 2014-03-22 at 14:15. Reason: edit
Old 2014-03-22, 14:25   Link #55
shalala

So is it safe to say that Nureha is crazy in love with Shiroe? As thats what I gathered from it. Would be nice to hear what her back story is about and if I am not wrong didn't it look like that the Royal Guards seem to have gained awareness? I would take it that person we seen in that golden room with sand stuff falling to the ground is someone important.

I can't wait for the next season. PLus Regan is joining Log Horizon which I would hope mean that Shiroe and him would talk more about the world and more of its workings.
Old 2014-03-22, 14:40   Link #56
Ickarium

I'm well aware of how MMOs operate. I still think the Nyanta/Shiroe combo is probably equivalent to an Overskill. It's something that you use in a way that was likely not intended due to skill. Pretty much the definition. After all, not all overskills are things like 'Changing the entire world at its core'.
Old 2014-03-22, 14:51   Link #57
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
I'm well aware of how MMOs operate. I still think the Nyanta/Shiroe combo is probably equivalent to an Overskill. It's something that you use in a way that was likely not intended due to skill. Pretty much the definition. After all, not all overskills are things like 'Changing the entire world at its core'.
its not an overskill.

Nyanta just wait for the Thornbind to cooldown before he begun his attack. That is not overskill.

That's a normal combo in MMO's. Its normal to know the cooldown time of your allies and enemies skill to incorporate tactics in battle.
Old 2014-03-22, 15:25   Link #58
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Lovely adaptation. The removal of some details somewhat detracted but it did allow for more coverage of the main story. Overall a great standard for an adaptation. Unlike a certain other MMO-esque series. >->

Anyways the episode concluded on a great note. Best girl showed up and a new cold war brews among the two Japanese player cities.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2014-03-22, 15:40   Link #59
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDNeo View Post
can't be helped, NHK cutout all the "negative" elements, and softened everything, it's sad, but at least we'll have Second Season (anyway 25 eps with 3 vols? that doesn't seems right)
Yes, they needed to tone down lot of stuff, but i think they could have done lot better with this last part, most of the changes on Marvin scenes were unnecessary, and only made the scenes worse, and the whole rushed feeling of the last episode could have been fixed with removal of some of the extra scenes or at least shortening them leaving room for the more important parts.

Also, while Nureha scene had to be toned down, i agree on that, i think it could have been done lot better.
And this is not just a general "adaptation sucked" complaint, but having seen the earlier parts of the anime, i really think, that the people doing the anime had the skills to make it better, not sure why they did not (short on time? budget?).

Really looking forward on the season 2.
Oh yeah, good stuff ahead.
Old 2014-03-22, 16:03   Link #60
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I did like the montage in the end. Its basically a full preview of the next season. Well done NHK.

To be honest I'm not that critical of the art style. Everyone seems to have an unreachable standard for such things in anime nowadays expecting OVA quality every single time.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Closed Thread