AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: Ah! My Goddess: Fighting Wings (TV Special) Rating
Perfect 10 18 26.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 33.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 19.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-09, 23:14   Link #41
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

What'll we see in the new season though? In S1, we got Bell, Urd, and Skuld, and to a small extent Lind. In S2, we got Peorth and Hild and if you'd like, pure demon Urd. Here, we have Lind again (Are there any Lind bathing suit pics?)...so what's next?

If this follows the manga, then Bell/K1 are at the same point since moment 1...they like each other but nothing touchy kissy...
Old 2008-01-13, 14:26   Link #42
saravis

I would like a third season, but not until we have some sort of conclusion in the manga. I can't see this show going on for much longer. Ah! My Goddess is about Kei's and Bell's relationship and if the anime keeps himhalling about it then people are going to lose interest.

Anyway, I enjoyed this a great deal, great animation, good fights, and solid character presentation. It's not without it's faults, but they can be easily overlooked.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 16:01   Link #43
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
(Are there any Lind bathing suit pics?)
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 00:01   Link #44
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Not bad! Cookie for you! ^_^
Old 2008-01-16, 23:53   Link #45
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
I would like a third season, but not until we have some sort of conclusion in the manga. I can't see this show going on for much longer. Ah! My Goddess is about Kei's and Bell's relationship and if the anime keeps himhalling about it then people are going to lose interest.

Anyway, I enjoyed this a great deal, great animation, good fights, and solid character presentation. It's not without it's faults, but they can be easily overlooked.
You can dream

AMG manga is still going strong with no signs of ending. And unlike other long running series this is one thats actually been good through out.There's enough manga material to make 2 or even 3 more seasons before it gets cramped.

I liked this OVA, but it would of been better as a three episode one, so we could see K3 getting his own angel from Bell for a while. The ova feels incomplete

If they're making an OVA of an arc, they should do ALL of it, not 3/4 of it
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 10:05   Link #46
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
You can dream
I'd love to see a final resolution to the Belldandy x Keiichi relationship, but I agree it's unlikely to happen in any potential 3rd season, with the manga still going strong (and unresovled).

Quote:
If they're making an OVA of an arc, they should do ALL of it, not 3/4 of it
Just a question from someone who has not gotten that far in their reading, exactly what chapters constituted the "angel eater" arc in the manga?
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 06:40   Link #47
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
Quote:
exactly what chapters constituted the "angel eater" arc in the manga?
Good question mdauben! Was it longer and more complex than this 2 part Eps?

VC
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 13:17   Link #48
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

It's been quite a while since I've read the Angel Eater arc, so I don't remember what chapters it involved. I suggest just reading the whole thing from the beginning; it's over 20 years old, but it's barely longer than Negima currently.
They put in just about everything I remember clearly, but I think they left a few things out of the middle. I also feel like the battle between Hilde and Lind and Keiichi was cut short, but meh.
I'm really wondering how they're going to resolve the devil in Belldandy, since the mechanism it was resolved by in the manga hasn't appeared in the anime at all.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 13:32   Link #49
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Actualy it was, in the second OVA Bell turns the devil into an angel, and it joins her as a second angel.

Spoiler for how the manga handled it:

I wouldn't say it was more complex, rather it was more complete, there were no niggling questions left over with the manga. A 2 part ova leaves to much unanswered, not to mention to many chances for hilarity missed >.<
Old 2008-01-20, 15:14   Link #50
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Spoiler for how the manga handled it:
All that happened beyond the point where the OVA left off. It's possible that will be covered in the third season.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 19:56   Link #51
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Spoiler for JIC:
Old 2008-01-21, 04:12   Link #52
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
All that happened beyond the point where the OVA left off. It's possible that will be covered in the third season.
True, however that post was in answer to mdauben who asked what was different. Since the above was a part of the arc in the manga, and is missing, i posted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Spoiler for JIC:
I agree, it should be interesting in seeing how they're going to bring in Welsper, especially since he does have roles in later arcs aswell. That said, for K3 to carry the angel around for a while is out of the question, unless they yet again change the manga. He's able to carry her, but things don't go very well, since he can not control her, hence they give it welsper.

It's one of the reasons why i've hated this series, it was billed as a faithful manga adation, but it's anything but. Would of been better if hey hadn't tried to brand it as a faithful transition.
Old 2008-01-24, 17:58   Link #53
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I enjoyed this two parter. It didn't resolve some of the long-standing questions but the
manga hasn't either so.....but yeah. Good.
Old 2008-01-26, 22:12   Link #54
Otomefan

If they do continue the series, I think that they would need to add Welsper, mostly because Belldandy cannot have both Blue Lance and Holy Bell as her angels. Or they could always attach Blue Lance to Marrler. In any case, I don't think that we will see a Season Three or hear murmurings of it until later this year towards the spring. I do think it is a great idea, as there are almost fifty volumes of AMG manga. I would love to see them explore the character of Hild a bit more. Does anyone know who the American voice actress is who plays her? She sounds quite fierce!
Otomefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 01:02   Link #55
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otomefan View Post
Does anyone know who the American voice actress is who plays her? She sounds quite fierce!
Lucy Todd does the English language voice of the the daimakaicho, Hild. The voice is very familiar, but I can't seem to find any information about what other characters she may have voiced.
Old 2008-01-27, 14:55   Link #56
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Seems there's a third episode of this OVA. 2 which were aird, and one which is DVD only. So we may see Bell and K3 dealing with the devil/angel in that episode.

It makes sense when you look at it though, since both of the TV series had DVD only episodes. Wonder if anyone will sub the DVD only episode. None of them did the Season 2 ones which sucked..
Old 2008-01-27, 20:30   Link #57
mdauben

Quote:
Seems there's a third episode of this OVA. 2 which were aird, and one which is DVD only.
Ah! Cool, I had not heard that before.

Quote:
None of them did the Season 2 ones which sucked..
Well... while AnimeSuki does not list them becuase the second season was licenced by ADV, the last two DVD only episodes of the secons season were fansubbed.
Old 2008-01-28, 00:22   Link #58
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

thats news to me, they aren't listed in the usual places for such stuff. I've been looking all over for them
Old 2008-01-30, 23:06   Link #59
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I remember watching the both subbed a *long* time ago. But I haven't seen them recently when I've been looking around.
Old 2008-01-31, 04:09   Link #60
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

They aren't listed anywhere, but they are available from the groups bots. I didn't check them initially cause the group said they weren't going to do the specials >.<

Guess they changed their mind