AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-03, 11:39   Link #41
RDNexus

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem so... Worldwide, I mean...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 11:44   Link #42
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
is the sub out yet
I think it's already out on Hulu. Those in the US can watch it now.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 11:51   Link #43
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I think it's already out on Hulu. Those in the US can watch it now.
guess i'll just watch the raw and wait for fansubs then...
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 12:04   Link #44
Marina2

Based on raws, that was funny and enjoyable first ep.
Old 2015-10-03, 13:13   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Man it is going to be hilarious having two shows with so many similarities airing episodes on the same day .

Spoiler for So many similarities:

One good thing here is the effort to give Stella some nice balance. Yeah she's got a lot of talent and she has a short temper, but there is more to her than just that. She's clearly pushed herself incredibly hard for her own reasons as well. It's not like she's just sat on her talent without trying.

Good first episode, should be a fun show.
Old 2015-10-03, 13:31   Link #46
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Honestly? This was much more grating than Asterisk War. I though Asterisk War couldn't have been more token fantasy battle action adapation, but with this taking a page from Mahouka's book AND having the heroine to be a full-on tsundere, I thought I spoke too soon. At least Asterisk War tries to put on a semblance of a plot with the search for the MC's sister, but here all we have is that the MC just wants to be the next Ken'ichi without properly showing the underdog state of Ken'ichi. So while not definitely an unwatchable pilot, IMO it is the weaker of the two.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 13:35   Link #47
Kashima
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Honestly? This was much more grating than Asterisk War. I though Asterisk War couldn't have been more token fantasy battle action adapation, but with this taking a page from Mahouka's book AND having the heroine to be a full-on tsundere, I thought I spoke too soon. At least Asterisk War tries to put on a semblance of a plot with the search for the MC's sister, but here all we have is that the MC just wants to be the next Ken'ichi without properly showing the underdog state of Ken'ichi. So while not definitely an unwatchable pilot, IMO it is the weaker of the two.
Judging the series based on intro episode really?
Kashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 13:39   Link #48
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
Judging the series based on intro episode really?
Well, that's how it works, otherwise what do we judge it on? Screenshots, and trailers? let's see how both series fare with the 3 episode rule.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 13:41   Link #49
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Stella's tsundere phase goes by fast and Ikki does have a goal they just haven't showed what it is yet.
Old 2015-10-03, 13:41   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Going through both first episodes again...I kind of agree.

This episode did get to show off the lead's ability a bit more which was nice. But I'd say Stella's behavior was more unreasonable. Going to the tsundere extreme of her original conditions for them being roommates being for him to basically die, and then the method of apology for what happened again....being suicide. She did calm down later, but then followed up by thinking it was fine for her to feel the guy up while he was unconscious...

I'd probably say this wasn't as strong as 'the other show.' Need some more time to see just what the MC has been dealing with. I get him wanting to prove himself because in the past he's been the weakest and looked down on....but so far that's just an ok backstory.

I still say it's a good first episode. But probably not as strong as Asterisk so far. Plenty of time for that to change, but kind of have to judge shows based on their first episodes .
Old 2015-10-03, 13:45   Link #51
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Well, that's how it works, otherwise what do we judge it on? Screenshots, and trailers? let's see how both series fare with the 3 episode rule.
Well that's the problem. Because EP4...
Old 2015-10-03, 13:47   Link #52
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Well that's the problem. Because EP4...
Well, I HAVE to follow because there's an imouto character here.

Old 2015-10-03, 13:50   Link #53
Kashima
Banned

Quote:
3 episodes rule dude, everyone knows that. Judging the entire series or assuming things that are not even here based on the intro episode is plain stupid.

There are some users talking about the only resemblance between asterisk and rakudai is the first episode, after that everything changes at least for Rakudai meanwhile Asteriks stick with the generic harem pattern.
Old 2015-10-03, 13:53   Link #54
blitz1/2

Quote:
3 episodes rule dude, everyone knows that. Judging the entire series or assuming things that are not even here based on the intro episode is plain stupid.

There are some users talking about the only resemblance between asterisk and rakudai is the first episode, after that everything changes at least for Rakudai meanwhile Asteriks stick with the generic harem pattern.
HOWEVER, first impressions are still important. It doesn't change the fact that both eps, there were VERY similar events and very similar characters.

Old 2015-10-03, 13:57   Link #55
Kashima
Banned

Quote:
HOWEVER, first impressions are still important. It doesn't change the fact that both eps, there were VERY similar events and very similar characters.
I didn't say both series are different, they started in the same way, actually are almost the same just one girl has red hair and the other pink hair. The difference comes after this and my point still there, judging something based on one episode is stupid - there are a few exceptions when the show is a complete abomination - as Greyzone said, wait for ep3-4 and you can see the MASSIVE difference.
Old 2015-10-03, 14:01   Link #56
RDNexus

This series is gonna adapt Vol01-03, 4 episodes each, right? The ED (was that the OP?) clearly showed characters up to there.
Then please guys, stick to this one up to the end of Vol01, you'll understand why.
I, as a Manga Adaption reader, know the difference between Rakudai & Asterisk and I'm enjoying both.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 14:10   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
I didn't say both series are different, they started in the same way, actually are almost the same just one girl has red hair and the other pink hair. The difference comes after this and my point still there, judging something based on one episode is stupid - there are a few exceptions when the show is a complete abomination - as Greyzone said, wait for ep3-4 and you can see the MASSIVE difference.
I think that stance is plainly silly. You can't have an opinion on a show until you watch a certain number of episodes? Nope, not going to agree with that. Opinions can be had at any time and you revise them as things change. 3 episode rule exists as a cut off point to even bother continuing to watch not the time you are allowed to judge a show.

That's why the threads aren't shut down for the first 3 episodes of a series .
Old 2015-10-03, 14:12   Link #58
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
This series is gonna adapt Vol01-03, 4 episodes each, right? The ED (was that the OP?) clearly showed characters up to there.
Then please guys, stick to this one up to the end of Vol01, you'll understand why.
I, as a Manga Adaption reader, know the difference between Rakudai & Asterisk and I'm enjoying both.
One thing for sure is that the official website's twitter said the first arc will be covered up to Ep 4. Yeah, you should at least watch until Ep 4. What happens at the end of Ep 4 might make you feel to continue watching.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 14:17   Link #59
Botan_TM

I understand why people do not like hearing about watching to some episode (Charlotte ep. 6 anyone?)
But it also god to remember that there are problems with changing medium from book to anime. One of them is that book have to hook reader within first volume, and I was sure I will drop Rakudai until I read whole volume.
Old 2015-10-03, 14:25   Link #60
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think that stance is plainly silly. You can't have an opinion on a show until you watch a certain number of episodes? Nope, not going to agree with that. Opinions can be had at any time and you revise them as things change. 3 episode rule exists as a cut off point to even bother continuing to watch not the time you are allowed to judge a show.

That's why the threads aren't shut down for the first 3 episodes of a series .
There is a difference between having an opinion on what can be inferred from episode 1 and trying to have an opinion on the entire series based off just one episode. I've read the first two volumes of Rakudai so I'm obviously biased, I won't hide that. But I do find it amusing how DragoonKain thinks he can tell everything about Rakudai and Stella off this episode. To borrow your words, I think it's plainly silly to say that Rakudai doesn't try to put on "a semblance of a plot" after a single episode.

Tags
action, bad-ass male character, ecchi, not-harem, romance