AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-09, 21:22   Link #41
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ I can definitely see that. Bright round eyes with lots of details on the face.

Anyway, I haven't started on this yet (focusing on thesis work at the moment), but I'm sure that the story will be fine since it's written by someone who was part of the police force (and for a sizable amount of time too!); that's a relative rarity if you'd ask me.

Also, I'd say that prefectural police have it easy compared to the police force stationed in Tokyo. Imagine having to deal with a bigger population of people, some of them ending up drunk or involved in some fight, on a daily basis.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-11, 16:41   Link #42
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I kinda wonder if Fuji would have been demoted if she'd been a man.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-11, 18:29   Link #43
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I kinda wonder if Fuji would have been demoted if she'd been a man.
Well, I think we'd have to see exactly why she was demoted first.
Old 2022-01-11, 19:07   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, I think we'd have to see exactly why she was demoted first.
They said it was for “bullying junior officers” FWIW.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 02:05   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
They said it was for “bullying junior officers” FWIW.
Which is precisely what's making me ask the question.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 08:30   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm pretty sure that's not the real reason she was demoted. She's not flawless, but she really isn't the kind of person who would bully others.
Old 2022-01-12, 11:03   Link #47
Frontier

I guess it is an important aspect of police work to know how to talk to and get information from people of both genders, and how to properly converse with them, and it must be nice to just give out 911 to anyone who asks for your number .

Kawai and Maki pick up a teen runaway who has been getting by through compensated dating and prostitution, which means she's much more sexually experienced than Kawai, who is a virgin. Even Fuji seemingly admits she's a virgin. And poor Kawai has to put all that in a police report and convey all the sexual positions with proper police terminology. They even teach how important understanding sex stuff is at the police academy .

I love how the girl could only think of Kawai with a condom and access to a love hotel. I guess it's the thought that counts .

Man, Fuji has good eyes. Not only does she (and even Yamada) immediately realize what the girls' step-dad was doing to her, but Fuji even spots a poor woman running from her abusive boyfriend while she's trailing the streets without a sandal. From one perspective you could say she's slumming it as a patrol officer, but if she notices this stuff on routine patrols, she's basically helping tons of people .

Kana Hanazawa as a Shinsegumi nerd cop! Kawai is intimidated by all the men in criminal affairs who look like they could pass for criminals themselves, although Fuji says it's all for show to make them look cool, and the only person she's comfortable talking to is Makitaka, the token girl of the office ever since Fuji left .

All three girls have a frank discussion about how awkward and intimidating it can be working with men, especially in this kind of profession, and how all the cases of assault and stalking against women that come to their office makes it even more uncomfortable...but not all men are like that, and Makitaka's co-workers stick up for her when she has to face off against the violent, sexist, boyfriend. And they're also as intimidated by Fuji as the criminals are .

How many times has Rikiya Koyama played a cop? Feels like a lot .
Old 2022-01-12, 11:42   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Episode 2 is an improvement over eps. 1. The animation got better even though some parts still look like motion comics. The issues they faced in this episode are also more relatable. And we know more what the Crime Division is like, but what's with all the pompadour? What is this? The 80s? But good job making the crime division noticed the rapist dad too instead of making only Fuji who did. I guess they're not in the CD for nothing.
Old 2022-01-12, 19:43   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The immediate switch from comedy to more serious stuff is pretty jarring. That girl was happily telling Kawai in detail how she was prostituting herself, and then we find out she's abused by her step-father at home. If she was just putting up a front then she really did a great job.

And what was up with the abusive husband just casually strolling the corridors of the station looking for his wife?
Old 2022-01-12, 20:39   Link #50
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And what was up with the abusive husband just casually strolling the corridors of the station looking for his wife?
He clearly doesn't like to be looked at by a cop, so it is weird that he actually bothered to go with his wife to the place. He could have not come and instead of arresting him immediately, they could have done something like "He ran away and we are searching for him" and the story would have still worked out.

Or they should have made it so that she forced him to come with her, like she is worried and he should come to-type of thing.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 23:38   Link #51
HandofFate

not sure what gave the abusing stepdad away, just nervous looks?
Old 2022-01-13, 00:33   Link #52
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I remember hearing that Yasu did talk to similar victims, so there's precedence for this.

Never mind that Japan has the "Act on the Prevention, etc. of Child Abuse", which works in conjunction with the "Police Duties Execution Act".

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-13, 02:12   Link #53
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I've seen enough now to tell that they're taking a completely different direction from the live-action series. Nothing from this week's episode was in the live-action, and meanwhile there's no sign of the overall storyline the live-action had. Makes me wonder which version is following the manga and which is making stuff up. (Experience tells me the anime is being more faithful, but I don't know that for sure. Maybe a manga reader can help.)

The other difference I notice is Fuji-san's personality. Toda Erika played her very hard-edged. You could imagine her going toe-to-toe with the room full of pompadours (who are in both). Her niceness only comes out occasionally. The anime Fuji-san is the reverse. She whips out her stern glare when she needs to, but otherwise she is softer and nicer. Again, I wonder which one is a better reflection of the manga.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-13, 08:57   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I've seen enough now to tell that they're taking a completely different direction from the live-action series. Nothing from this week's episode was in the live-action, and meanwhile there's no sign of the overall storyline the live-action had. Makes me wonder which version is following the manga and which is making stuff up. (Experience tells me the anime is being more faithful, but I don't know that for sure. Maybe a manga reader can help.)
Checked again this week and the anime is more faithful. In fact, it's pretty much a 1:1 adaptation of the manga.
Old 2022-01-13, 15:44   Link #55
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The immediate switch from comedy to more serious stuff is pretty jarring. That girl was happily telling Kawai in detail how she was prostituting herself, and then we find out she's abused by her step-father at home. If she was just putting up a front then she really did a great job.
I think it goes to show how emotionally messed up she was (and the different values that were ingrained into her from the abuse she had to put up with).
Quote:
Are you talking about the abusive boyfriend? It seemed like he knew she was at the station (probably confessing what he'd done) and then just stormed in there looking for her...but I guess the receptionist desk didn't hold him back ?
Old 2022-01-13, 18:50   Link #56
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I gotta be honest, I thought that was the husband too. Character designs were almost identical (which is kinda lazy).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-13, 18:55   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Are you talking about the abusive boyfriend? It seemed like he knew she was at the station (probably confessing what he'd done) and then just stormed in there looking for her...but I guess the receptionist desk didn't hold him back ?
Yeah, him. I thought they were married for some reason. The fact a random jock can just enter the station and get near the offices without being stopped is pretty worrisome.
Old 2022-01-19, 10:57   Link #58
Frontier

Not your average speeding stop when it turns out a detective was trailing a suspect...and a detective who actually knows Fuji, and on a first-name basis, and was apparently a "rival" to her back at the academy and is now the Criminal Affairs ace after Fuji got demoted. Minamoto seems like a nice enough guy, but he and Fuji sure love snarking at each other .

That back-and-forth because Fuji didn't want to deal with Minamoto's leftovers .

An old lady who shoplifts because she wants to see a handsome male detective...well, when your husband is dead and your family have all left the nest, it can be pretty lonely and you take what pleasure you can get out of life. But luckily Minamoto was able to get her daughter and grandson involved so she could realize the kind of example she was setting for her grandson and get the family together again .

When two detectives get mistaken for thugs bothering a delinquent teenager .

I guess you stay on the force long enough, you'll get to your first dead body, and Kawai gets to see her first corpse and naked man all in one day! And we also get to see how the police handle corpses and what the proper protocol/process is for examining/taking care of the body. At the end of the day, though, what's most important is treating it with respect .

At first glance it seems like a mother who can't properly reprimand or control her rowdy child and seems to have given up...but then it turns out she's basically been taking care of her ailing father-in-law by herself this whole time, and could only do so much. And it was enough to inspire her son to finally clean up his act .
Old 2022-01-19, 13:58   Link #59
grecefar

I really thought the worse when they were checking the body like "yeah this was a crime", but they spin it in such a touching way.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-19, 19:29   Link #60
HandofFate

this week, my favorite 'case' was the old woman with her grandson and daughter.

It was a really short scene, but I liked the bit where the husband compliments the cooking, and the wife doesn't think much of it. Then the next scene the husband is gone because he passed away and she's eating alone with a much more less elaborate table spread.

Tags
action comedy, police, slice of life