3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-20, 22:42   Link #41
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Pyro View Post
I like Loki's design the more I look at it. As for Fenrir the only thing that bugs me is his color. I'm not sure why but I expected him to be more brown than black.
Heh, I thought he'd be 2 shades of grey. What bugs me a bit about him is that I thought he'd look more calm and intelligent. He looks pissed.

@GDK1: I think they need more time to work on it as well. Even if you pay them more, if you don't give them enough time to draw the best they can it won't matter much.

Last edited by Chichiryuushintei; 2015-04-20 at 23:01.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 22:15   Link #42
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
Ignore the the person who apprently forgot what happened in season 2.

Koneko lost heavily in the team battle, completely slapped around during the excalibur instance and was ineffective even as a guard for gasper during the terriorist incident.

Even the quiet ones have pride.
I remember it well enough and understand that she has plenty of reason to feel inferior; that's why it made plenty of sense for her to have been pushing her training into stupid levels. But with her personality up to this point, it seemed more likely for her to get testy, and also despite everything that happened, she still ended S2 by warning Issei not to do anything to her. It just seems weird for a girl who'd made it even through all that and maintained her deadpan snarky attitude to suddenly look more like a chastised kitten. Up until they head on the training trip she's the same as always, and then without explanation or apparent reason, she's lost every bit of edge.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 22:19   Link #43
GDB

Go back to the pool episode of season 2. It's not like she's always ripping on Issei.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 22:29   Link #44
Chichiryuushintei

It's not like she absolutely hated him and stopped just now. After their training in S1 she started to respect him more because he gives his best despite his lack of talent. And in S2 she realised he's quite gentle at times, and not just a perverted piece of shit. So it was built up slowly since S1, and she still gives him some verbal jabs from time to time, so it isn't a 360° change in personality.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 22:39   Link #45
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hell, as of season 2 she's not completely bothered by his perversion, either. She felt it awkward when she wasn't being looked at by Issei's lustful eyes in season 2.
Old 2015-04-22, 01:27   Link #46
kukuru

Selective momory. Time to hit the BluRay.

Internally she really respects Issei since he is the opposite of her sister. An inborn destructive power that is not currupted to the side of death and destruction. Issei and gremory lifestyle is the silly dragon that is everything she wished had happen before her new name.

Her speech makes more and more sense when you go back and look at the clues.

Its really obvious during the Gasper training arc where silly antics really endeared her.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-23, 06:57   Link #47
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm not just talking about how she now likes him, I'm talking about how her whole demeanor seems different. From the moment they started heading to Hell, she looked like a scolded kitten, while up until then she still seemed her normal self, confident and secure, respectful of Issei's good sides and full of contempt toward his bad. If you think it's just me, take another look at the other characters' reactions; at the very least it was made clear that her behavior was out of character, with the way that both Issei and Asia were surprised at her silent, brooding depression. I'm not asking about her respect toward Issei or her treatment of him in general, I'm asking about her sudden change in general demeanor.

In other words, is there something about the idea of Summer vacation that made her change (she first showed signs of depression before the training announcement when Asia asked what Koneko does for SV), or whether this whole change is supposed to be connected with the issues shown over the previous seasons that are brought up later? If it's the former cool, I'm not sure what it is about the season but it fits. If it's the latter, it just seems a little rushed. We're certainly given plenty of evidence over time of motivations, but again after all the events that happen she still remains her old self. There's no real reason or warning, no apparent reminders of the past to trigger this behavior, she's just suddenly depressed and then after it's clear how depressed she is we're then given events that would bring back memories of her relative weakness and her traumatic past. There should be some sort of trigger, but everything I can think of as triggers is either long enough ago that she should have shown signs earlier or happens shortly after the results.
Old 2015-04-23, 07:01   Link #48
ImperialFlameGod8190

You're overthinking it far too much its much easier to figure out why she's upset going to the underworld. Koneko knows that everytime she returns to the underworld she's reminded of what her sister did to her despite her new life. Kiba was very similar in that regards. I mean seriously, you would've been killed because of your sister but Rias saved you. I bet everytime the trip to the underworld comes up she's reminded of big sis. if you havent noticed the trauma of the characters in these shows do impact them far more. I mean Issei's trauma from Raynare is affecting him. Kiba's holy sword issue was huge for him. Koneko's well you see what it did to her. This happens

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-23, 08:08   Link #49
Biohazardous

What Imperial said. She is going back to the homeland of the very people who wanted to kill her. In that situation you can't help but think/feel that someone might still carry that out given the chance.
Old 2015-04-23, 11:37   Link #50
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
You're overthinking it far too much its much easier to figure out why she's upset going to the underworld. Koneko knows that everytime she returns to the underworld she's reminded of what her sister did to her despite her new life. Kiba was very similar in that regards. I mean seriously, you would've been killed because of your sister but Rias saved you. I bet everytime the trip to the underworld comes up she's reminded of big sis. if you havent noticed the trauma of the characters in these shows do impact them far more. I mean Issei's trauma from Raynare is affecting him. Kiba's holy sword issue was huge for him. Koneko's well you see what it did to her. This happens
OK, if Hell itself brings this reaction, that explains it well enough for me. As a member of the peerage, Koneko would've known she'd be going to Hell when Summer comes around, so its approach would understandably bring about such a change. I'd overlooked the spot where they said the group always do this. I finally see the trigger. Yes, everyone has traumas, but with each person you saw the trigger before you saw the reaction; with Kiba you saw his response to the holy swords and realization that his enemies were near before he went AWOL, with Issei you see the dream sequence and memories, Rias shows the same reaction every time she hears him call her "prez", everyone has a visible trigger that brings on their darker emotions. I just couldn't see anything significant immediately ahead of Koneko's transformation that would trigger it. Stuff like her general weakness or the issues with her sister are great sources of angst, but are well-enough engrained that she'd be the way she is now all the time if that was all of it; but if she knew she'd be going someplace that would remind her of her sister and/or dealing with her weaknesses, this would certainly reopen those wounds.
Old 2015-04-24, 00:05   Link #51
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
OK, if Hell itself brings this reaction, that explains it well enough for me. As a member of the peerage, Koneko would've known she'd be going to Hell when Summer comes around, so its approach would understandably bring about such a change. I'd overlooked the spot where they said the group always do this. I finally see the trigger. Yes, everyone has traumas, but with each person you saw the trigger before you saw the reaction; with Kiba you saw his response to the holy swords and realization that his enemies were near before he went AWOL, with Issei you see the dream sequence and memories, Rias shows the same reaction every time she hears him call her "prez", everyone has a visible trigger that brings on their darker emotions. I just couldn't see anything significant immediately ahead of Koneko's transformation that would trigger it. Stuff like her general weakness or the issues with her sister are great sources of angst, but are well-enough engrained that she'd be the way she is now all the time if that was all of it; but if she knew she'd be going someplace that would remind her of her sister and/or dealing with her weaknesses, this would certainly reopen those wounds.
issei's trauma is triggered everytime he gets close to a romantic moment with Rias (though its not shown as much)
Koneko's is returning to hell
Kiba's is seeing a holy sword

Though compared to koneko and Kiba a far nastier trauma is coming by the end of this season

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 22:06   Link #52
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 3. Cat and Dragon

Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoyed the drama ongoing with Koneko making her resolve to stay forever as a member of Ria's family.

Bonds have different natures, and those of birth, for example, cannot be erased. What's most interesting to take notice is that the episode drew parallels between the ongoing conflicts that both Koneko and Akeno have with their family members.

However, Koneko chose to move on while Akeno still wavers between trust and hatred for her Fallen Angel father, Baraqiel.

Anyways, the battle depicted in this episode was a delicious appetitizer for what's coming next, since Loki has yet to be dealt with.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote