3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-05, 04:03   Link #41
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
Edit for this: Episode one from the third series, LN 5. We see stuff from LN 5, LN 6, and frickin' bloody LN 10. Few minor changes? Are you bloody serious?
I'm usually not as agressive to cry wolf, but come on man ...
Ishibumi already mentioned that BorN will expand more on Rias and Ise's relationship than in the LN. Also try list out were there any major changes in the plot?

Spoiler for :
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 04:19   Link #42
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Ishibumi already mentioned that BorN will expand more on Rias and Ise's relationship than in the LN. Also try list out were there any major changes in the plot?
Let me give you a simple explanation about what the problem with this is.

Let's say we're ringing bells. We ring them each time after we say "whatever".

We say "whatever", then we ring the bell once. Then we say "whatever" again, then ring the bell twice. After that, we say "whatever" and ring the bell thrice. We say "whatever", and we ring the bell five times.

I'm not taking anybody for a fool here, that's simply how simple it is. There are major changes in the plot. Of course there are, since the plot not only has a story, it has an order as well, and has a rhythm too.

What if I say "whatever" ten seconds later? What if I ring the bell harder, to make a louder sound? What if I deliberately mess up the pacing of the ringing? These are each actions which will have people think "what the hell is this idiot doing?".

Elements of a story are like Jenga. It's built layer upon layer. There are times when you can pull out a block (though this isn't the best way to put it, since with Jenga, the point is to pull out the blocks), but with what it ends 100% of the time after the threshold is passed, is that the tower falls apart. And that's not a nice thing to consider.

I won't start bleeding from my ears that things are not 100% exactly the way they should be. I won't be breaking a sweat because f.e. Tannin had an illustration about him in the LN, and the one in the anime doesn't look like him. I won't be screaming bloody murder that the Hyoudo House has some details changed, and not everything is as it was described in the LN. It's not about that. But the one thing you don't need to change is the story. For heaven's sake, you have the storyboard written to you down to every damn little detail, in approximately 1800 pages alredy! No need to think up stuff, it's there to begin with.

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 04:24   Link #43
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
Soz, but I think he's more or less right ...

I'm an avid LN reader (well, as much as they're translated), and I'm not too happy with this development either.

It's like what some non-named game developers do to adaptation games ... "can you see, can you see all the shinies we did for you, all the awesomeness, yeah, we can program, and we can make graphics, and it's all epic, can you see, CAN YOU SEE?"

Point is, I don't really care. When I watch an adaptation, I want to see all I read and imagined in actual motion. That's all. Truth is, we don't really need all the shiny stuffz added, since (for whoever reads D×D, will probably at least be familiar with what I'm saying) I think the LN is alredy shiny enough. This is like saying the LN isn't good enough, so we're gonna polish it up. Well, no need for that, thank you very much.

You know, it seems we're calling him YKW. Alright then. YKW should appear later. And he does in the second episode. Episode 1 starts, and we can alredy see 2 months ahead, and D×D readers know how much 2 months is in terms of this series' timeline. And that's bad. If this series is going to be 1 cour (I'm still hoping for 2), then it's a one-way ticket to content butchery and slashing out chunks and pasting them together to get a big messy abstract art.
That way, this isn't a sequel. It's a very long OVA series. Nothing wrong with that, but if I'm told "sequel", and I get an "OVA series", then I'll probably burst a few veins. And I'm not alone with that.

Edit for this: Episode one from the third series, LN 5. We see stuff from LN 5, LN 6, and frickin' bloody LN 10. Few minor changes? Are you bloody serious?
I'm usually not as agressive to cry wolf, but come on man ...

And for this: it doesn't happen? Then why not just say "based on the whatever story"? And Lord of the Rings movie? Taking the biggest achievement ever from one of the hobbits, for the lame pun of "I'm no man" from Eowyn? Dear director-san, go F**K YOURSELF, you're not funny, and wasted an awesome epic fight.

Yeah, well, I'm sarcastic. I'm fine with that, I know it, I don't care. I will be disappointed? Of course I will be. Doing stuff as faithful as possible to stuff that's awesome should be considered natural, since doing it another way is like saying "your stuff sucks". Are you going to say I'm frickin' overreacting?

And PLEASE, don't compare an LN which has 14 + 2 bloody novels worth of content to be done to something like One Piece and Bleach, which have to be fillered to all hell because the anime is about to catch up. Animating manga and LN-s is different.

I am sorry if I hurt someone's feelings, but damn, people don't need white knighting if they do something bad. If seasons 1 and 2 wwere acceptable (1 was OK totally, 2 had some minor tweaks, but wasn't whacked too much), and it was worth enough to do a third season, then WHY CHANGE THE METHODS?
Lets wait at lest two more episodes before we start complaining to much by then well know just how this season will go then we can bitch also it didn't happen this episode and I can't see it in the preview so they better not skip that.
Quote:

Spoiler for :
how about you think real hard about something your missing also the fact that their using the small time they already have to foreshadow stuff that will happen in about a mouth is stupid and the volume 10 foreshadowing while nice the time should be spent I don't know doing the 360+ page LN that they have to do in 4 episodes.
Old 2015-04-05, 04:34   Link #44
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starway View Post
how about you think real hard about something your missing also the fact that their using the small time they already have to foreshadow stuff that will happen in about a mouth is stupid and the volume 10 foreshadowing while nice the time should be spent I don't know doing the 360+ page LN that they have to do in 4 episodes.
How about try reading the novels again. You're crying about the foreshadowing when it is also from the novels.

Many times in the novels that they had a scene where Issei and Rias are thinking about their specific problems. Don't act as if this came out of the blue.
Old 2015-04-05, 05:14   Link #45
B214

Quote:

Spoiler for Volume 4:

They merely used something they didn't focus in Season 2 and place it on Season 3 and you're saying like they're changing the plot 360 degree.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 05:24   Link #46
Chichiryuushintei

Did they remove anything important that can't be put later on? No. So just stop whining about how this isn't your ideal adaptation.

And Diodora appeared in Volume 5 in the meeting of the Young Devils, he just didn't stand out much to Ise compared to Sairaorg and that Glaysia-Lebolas guy. It's not butchering the source material, the author himself said he was satisfied with the way they did it.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 06:13   Link #47
IceHism

Yay. I'm glad dxd is back. Well if the season is ruined because they changed the order of events (I don't know, I'm gonna read it after season 3 ends) it will surely show later and cause problems. Though I wonder if it actually will...
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 06:52   Link #48
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
How about try reading the novels again. You're crying about the foreshadowing when it is also from the novels.

Many times in the novels that they had a scene where Issei and Rias are thinking about their specific problems. Don't act as if this came out of the blue.
I was taking about the dream which I liked but their all ready pushing how much time they have has it is I just think that making sure that they can fit in the 3 big volumes that there doing is a bit more important they've already shown that their willing to do ova for the series so I think that making a volume 8 extra life ova and adding it there would work better they need to do it anyways it's important I just think their birding off more than they can chew.
Quote:

They merely used something they didn't focus in Season 2 and place it on Season 3 and you're saying like they're changing the plot 360 degree.
Um where are you getting that from I haven't really said anything about changing the plot 360 at the moment it more like 15 or maybe 20 also wouldn't 360 mean that it's back were it started
Also I was talking about Loki we will get to him in a mouth or two so I just don't see the need to foreshadow him when their already rushing the season just to add him it's a bit weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Did they remove anything important that can't be put later on? No. So just stop whining about how this isn't your ideal adaptation.

And Diodora appeared in Volume 5 in the meeting of the Young Devils, he just didn't stand out much to Ise compared to Sairaorg and that Glaysia-Lebolas guy. It's not butchering the source material, the author himself said he was satisfied with the way they did it.
Um you really should quote who you talking to we can't tell otherwise and yes diodora appears in volume 5 who said he didn't.

Second they haven't really cut much yet but not counting the bath bit which was move to earlier were still in life 1 only like 60 pages in.

Spoiler for Volume 5 spoiler it's allowed right?:

Ps sorry for the small replies I had a lot more written out but lost it.
Old 2015-04-05, 07:03   Link #49
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
*snip*
I was talking to anyone who's complaining that they ruined it in the first fuc**ng episode.
Someone said Diodora is only supposed to appear in Volume 6.
Old 2015-04-05, 07:08   Link #50
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Also I was talking about Loki we will get to him in a mouth or two so I just don't see the need to foreshadow him when their already rushing the season just to add him it's a bit weird.

Spoiler for Volume 5 spoiler it's allowed right?:
They haven't arrived yet, and some LN readers complained about Loki coming out of nowhere so this is to fix it.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 07:11   Link #51
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Pyro View Post
They haven't arrived yet, and some LN readers complained about Loki coming out of nowhere so this is to fix it.
Not completely out of nowhere but a bit of foreshadowing doesn't hurt.
Old 2015-04-05, 07:19   Link #52
dmaxzero

The most intriguing thing is the volume 10 added content. Which makes me think they ll be closing the story in this season.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 07:20   Link #53
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
The most intriguing thing is the volume 10 added content. Which makes me think they ll be closing the story in this season.
They won't, the author said in his blog it won't be completely resolved in this Season.
Old 2015-04-05, 07:34   Link #54
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Pyro View Post
I know they hasn't arrived I'm saying they may skip it and have them just go and say bla bla bla we arrived bla bla bla we trained bla bla bla and just go on to the main course which would remove some pretty important scenes also you do make a good point for Loki I didn't think about that but if they wanted him not to appear out of no where so much they should of had the scene during season 2 or the ova.
Old 2015-04-05, 07:38   Link #55
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I know they hasn't arrived I'm saying they may skip it and have them just go and say bla bla bla we arrived bla bla bla we trained bla bla bla and just go on to the main course which would remove some pretty important scenes also you do make a good point for Loki I didn't think about that but if they wanted him not to appear out of no where so much they should of had the scene during season 2 or the ova.
Well I think they may be fusing the meeting and the party, so they'll fit it in next episode.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 07:49   Link #56
The 48th Ronin

Man the OP has so many foreshadowing scenes it increases the hype.

As a guy who had read the novels, I say nothing much has changed, and the pacing is pretty decent. There are skipped parts, yes but I think they're actually trying to alter the chain of events here. Well, that's what I'm hoping for.

So far, it's good.

PS: Kuroka's so damn hot. And I can't wait to see Ravel again.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 08:07   Link #57
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
There are skipped parts, yes but I think they're actually trying to alter the chain of events here. Well, that's what I'm hoping for.
Altering those events from the light novel might derail the third season. I hope it won't turn out bad.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 08:20   Link #58
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Altering those events from the light novel might derail the third season. I hope it won't turn out bad.
Well, Ishibumi is involved, so that's a plus. If something turns out bad, it won't be that bad, I guess.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 08:43   Link #59
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well s3 of DxD yep has began in first 3 mins in words of ron burgundy "well that escalated quickly".

yea issis home is a mansion yet having odd remind of ho-ski from s1 & yet now go travel DxD-liner train & oh there a dragon there.

yet all training workout give after that hot spring give koneko seem bit distracted.

& vali's crew aka goku & another cat female mention LOKI (yea wonder did rias' family got a HULK for it)?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 08:46   Link #60
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Well, Ishibumi is involved, so that's a plus. If something turns out bad, it won't be that bad, I guess.
Now you're making me cautious on this series... I don't want Highschool DxD anime series to end in a whimper!

On the other hand, I was wonder if "BorN" really meant "Breasts or Nipples"? Also, seems that Rias-sempai wants Issei to get noticed on her feelings, yet he can't thanks to being jilted by Raynale back in Season 1.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote