AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-12-27, 20:03   Link #41
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
So this is basically a split-cour release like No Guns Life?
I guess so, but in the case of No Guns Life, they made it clear from the beginning that the show would be 24 episodes long, soliciting four BD-boxes with six episodes each. In Shin Chuuka Ichiban's case, they only solicited one BD-box that includes 12 episodes and doesn't have a "Vol. 1" or "Part 1" in the title, which misled me to believe that was all we were going to get.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-24, 00:07   Link #42
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm currently doing a marathon of the series. Already past half of it, in fact. However, I'm not having the same level of excitement as when I watched the original show. The story at the moment is condensed, delivered at a brisk pace, and had none of the meticulous cooking preparation process that was abundant in the original. In a way, it's akin to eating in a Chinese fastfood chain compared to an authentic Chinese restaurant. There was a practical need for the experience, but that experience itself wasn't entirely fulfilling.

EDIT:
Upon reaching the latter half, there was some relief that the show revisited some of the pre-remake adventures, starting from Mao's beginnings, the fateful mapo tofu match, Sanjie and his pepper steak, and the Super Chef exam with Fei. And now we head to the fancy Warship Pavilion for the location of the second Legendary Utensil. (The third round will have to wait. Welp.)

Overall, I'm a bit worried about how the second "season" would be handled. Part of me wanted the exaggerated detail for preparation of each dish as in the original. But another part wanted to focus on the story beyond the coverage of the original anime. Of course, this show wasn't created as just a retelling of the original... right?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2020-03-26 at 06:50.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-24, 04:17   Link #43
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

New cast members for the next season!

Tags
cooking