4 out of 10 : Poor 4 9.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-29, 04:03   Link #41
MonkeyDude

This week's episode of KYAAAAAAAAA TATSUYA-SAMA~ did not disappoint! We had Tatsuya being awesome, Tatsuya being even more awesome, and did I forget to mention Tatsuya is awesome? He and his groupies swept through the competition as if they were there solely to showcase their absolute superiority! Then the gall of those redshirts addressing Tatsuya-sama and his emotionally labile imouto in that fashion! You can just FEEL the tension in the music!

Well bad jokes aside, anyone else found how hilariously misplaced the music was on most of the scenes? Especially the track used on the epilogue...I swear one of them better die with music like that.
Old 2014-06-29, 04:59   Link #42
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
From what I saw since I'm here, Mahouka and Mekaku City actors are god tiers in spoiling the content of the original or explaining everything to anime viewers to prove they're wrong to be bored/confused.
Not exactly. They are both god tier in repetitive whining like SAO. But Mahouka spoilers are more or less still limited to comparisons to non future content (though admittedly allusions are being made here and there). Mekaku city thread has unfortunately become a total cesspool of blatant spoiler discussions......
Old 2014-06-29, 05:13   Link #43
Ultragunner

Nevermind those issues, can't we just make peace, stay calm and enjoy the anime?
Spoiler for :

kakaka
Old 2014-06-29, 05:36   Link #44
novalysis

I liked the allusion to the Siblings family situation with the Yotsuba clan themselves, from their conversation in this episode. Sadly, I think that the anime has alienated too many viewers to Miyuki and Tatsuya that the reaction is a silent meh, as seen by the lack of speculation on how Miyuki and Tatsuya are linked to the clan they nominally belong to.

And... more Tatsuya worshiping this episode, but that's not a new topic.
Old 2014-06-29, 05:59   Link #45
whydo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Inferno combined with niflheim looked so cool.
That was a fun watch
That wasn't nifheim. It was just inferno. Inferno from what I remember is removing the heat away from your side and put it on the other side. Similar to how a refrigerator works. Miyuki side is cold while other persons side get the heat removed from her side.

That said overall after having watched 13 episodes the overall score I'd give this anime is 5/10. They've taken away too much.
Old 2014-06-29, 06:02   Link #46
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
And... more Tatsuya worshiping this episode, but that's not a new topic.
You know, the more Tatsuya is being praised by his peers, the less Miyuki say about her brother, let alone saying "Onii-sama!" everytime.

Speaking of Miyuki's "Onii-sama!" catchphrase, I wonder how many she uttered so far?
Old 2014-06-29, 06:27   Link #47
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
You know, the more Tatsuya is being praised by his peers, the less Miyuki say about her brother, let alone saying "Onii-sama!" everytime.

Speaking of Miyuki's "Onii-sama!" catchphrase, I wonder how many she uttered so far?
I think far more interesting, is Miyuki's use of Onii Sama in light of their family situation. Theoretically, they are siblings, and the Yotsubas are not Patriarchal , as seen by their female clan head. So why is Miyuki addressing her brother as Onii Sama, a sign of inequality and submission, when by all accounts, her brother is considered an inferior within the family? Is her catchphrase not so much a personal verbal tic, but a sign of some kind of hierarchy or response to hierarchy among the Yotsubas? Why should Miyuki elevate her brother over herself? When by all implications, Tatsuya is her inferior within the Yotsuba clan, as seen with the meeting between Tatsuya and Miyuki, and their father, Yotsuba's chief financial steward, in an earlier episode?

And how does Miyuki's use of Onii Sama relate to their conversation with the Yotsuba's in this episode?
Old 2014-06-29, 07:35   Link #48
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Not exactly. They are both god tier in repetitive whining like SAO. But Mahouka spoilers are more or less still limited to comparisons to non future content (though admittedly allusions are being made here and there). Mekaku city thread has unfortunately become a total cesspool of blatant spoiler discussions......
The mods here are more strict with future spoilers I think.
Old 2014-06-29, 07:55   Link #49
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I think far more interesting, is Miyuki's use of Onii Sama in light of their family situation. Theoretically, they are siblings, and the Yotsubas are not Patriarchal , as seen by their female clan head. So why is Miyuki addressing her brother as Onii Sama, a sign of inequality and submission, when by all accounts, her brother is considered an inferior within the family? Is her catchphrase not so much a personal verbal tic, but a sign of some kind of hierarchy or response to hierarchy among the Yotsubas? Why should Miyuki elevate her brother over herself? When by all implications, Tatsuya is her inferior within the Yotsuba clan, as seen with the meeting between Tatsuya and Miyuki, and their father, Yotsuba's chief financial steward, in an earlier episode?

And how does Miyuki's use of Onii Sama relate to their conversation with the Yotsuba's in this episode?
It gets more interesting when you remember Miyuki is one of the stronger contenders to be the next head of the clan. Information on the anime's web page makes Tatsuya's coment that he thinks he could beat his aunt interning
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-06-29, 08:23   Link #50
Traece
:cool:

If Tastuya's harem grows any larger it might collapse in on itself and form something new entirely. I feel like that's what 12 and 13 have been, cute girls winning competitions and then becoming groupies.

Miyuki's show was pretty impressive. She does so little that I always have to remind myself that she's probably the most skilled magician in this cast in terms of magician skills.

The competitions in Mahouka remind me of FIRST Robotics. Everyone builds a typical robot to do what needs to be done for that year's competition, except those couple of teams who throw such notions to the wind and make a purpose-built robot that's borderline cheating. Why make a robot push a ball into a goal when you can just have it extend a thing that redirects the scored ball back into the goal when it's recycled onto the field? Why shoot discs like a normal person when you can literally cause them to self destruct inside your target zone at press of a trigger? For that matter, why race on a magic-propelled board when you can knock out your competition at the very start with a light show?

In short, I wouldn't be surprised if most people hated First High's guts due to their constant gimmicks to take victory. I won't deny the genius of the maneuvers, but I also can't ignore that they're basically seeking out every loophole to win. At least it makes for an interesting episode.
Old 2014-06-29, 10:12   Link #51
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
If Tastuya's harem grows any larger it might collapse in on itself and form something new entirely. I feel like that's what 12 and 13 have been, cute girls winning competitions and then becoming groupies.

Miyuki's show was pretty impressive. She does so little that I always have to remind myself that she's probably the most skilled magician in this cast in terms of magician skills.

The competitions in Mahouka remind me of FIRST Robotics. Everyone builds a typical robot to do what needs to be done for that year's competition, except those couple of teams who throw such notions to the wind and make a purpose-built robot that's borderline cheating. Why make a robot push a ball into a goal when you can just have it extend a thing that redirects the scored ball back into the goal when it's recycled onto the field? Why shoot discs like a normal person when you can literally cause them to self destruct inside your target zone at press of a trigger? For that matter, why race on a magic-propelled board when you can knock out your competition at the very start with a light show?

In short, I wouldn't be surprised if most people hated First High's guts due to their constant gimmicks to take victory. I won't deny the genius of the maneuvers, but I also can't ignore that they're basically seeking out every loophole to win. At least it makes for an interesting episode.
The battle board maneuver was just a more effective version of what was done at the start of Mari's first match by the girl who was in second place. Everyone is seeking out loop holes.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-06-29, 10:28   Link #52
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
The battle board maneuver was just a more effective version of what was done at the start of Mari's first match by the girl who was in second place. Everyone is seeking out loop holes.
I can see why creating a wave that sends you forward while keeping the others back would be in the spirit of the competition. I can't help but think that Honoka's move being legal just means the rules are badly written.

(And what's next? Turn the water into ice bullets and fire them at opponents?)
Old 2014-06-29, 10:48   Link #53
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I can see why creating a wave that sends you forward while keeping the others back would be in the spirit of the competition. I can't help but think that Honoka's move being legal just means the rules are badly written.
I don't think that the rules are badly written. I think they're loosely written on purpose to encourage creativity. Kids can be wildly inventive at times partly because they haven't developed set ways of thinking yet. For the military, this can be an opportunity to see new possible attack methods for the small price of hosting a competition. (I've been thinking about why would the military offer up their base to host the 9SC. That was one reason I came up with.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
(And what's next? Turn the water into ice bullets and fire them at opponents?)
Probably not. Didn't Tatsuya say that directly attacking an opponent during Battle Board was against the rules?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-06-29, 10:54   Link #54
maplehurry

If one recognizes that the rules are "badly written", then what Tatsuya did should be considered a smart move. Because even if Honoka can win this race IF everyone plays "fairly", you cannot really count on other competitors to play "fairly". You have no idea what they are going to pull, so you may as well be the one to do it at the beginning of the match and get a good lead.
Old 2014-06-29, 11:05   Link #55
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Probably not. Didn't Tatsuya say that directly attacking an opponent during Battle Board was against the rules?
He did, but taking that same line of thought, what's to stop someone from getting in first and then literally turning the water behind them into ice? You wouldn't be attacking the other competitors, just basically walling off their route.
Old 2014-06-29, 11:18   Link #56
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I don't think that the rules are badly written. I think they're loosely written on purpose to encourage creativity. Kids can be wildly inventive at times partly because they haven't developed set ways of thinking yet. For the military, this can be an opportunity to see new possible attack methods for the small price of hosting a competition. (I've been thinking about why would the military offer up their base to host the 9SC. That was one reason I came up with.)
I wouldn't mind if they wanted Battle Board to be more battle and less race. But then the rules should reflect that.

Quote:
Yes, so you can't use magic to push competitors off their boards. What I proposed was freezing a bit of water and giving that frozen bit some speed. It's no different from lighting up the water. Heck if you can somehow use Newton's Third Law to accelerate as a result of throwing hailstones behind, you've got an even better excuse!
Old 2014-06-29, 11:26   Link #57
kagato3

Most likely because it be too difficult to do that and still be moveing. I doubt even Miyuki could flash freeze a couple of cubic meters of moveing water and unless there is a way to keep the board trapped in it it just becomes snow boarding for a second or less.

as staated in the anime majic can only be used on the surface of thewater to disrupt the opponents and I seriously doubt that anything that could be considered hurting an opponent is legal. So throwing hail stones in not valid but maybe leaving icebergs would be but I would still see that as extremely difficult to do while maintaining your balance on a surf board, moveing the board, navigating the course.

Last edited by kagato3; 2014-06-29 at 11:37.
Old 2014-06-29, 11:29   Link #58
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Most likely because it be too difficult to do that and still be moveing. I doubt even Miyuki could flash freeze a couple of cubic meters of moveing water and unless there is a way to keep the board trapped in it it just becomes snow boarding for a second or less.
Yeah, probably. But speaking of nasty things to do with ice: freezing a sheet of water under someone's board at a critical moment (just before a turn) to get them airborne. That should be much easier.
Old 2014-06-29, 11:34   Link #59
GDB

How would that not be considered attacking them, when the intended result would likely cause them to break multiple bones?
Old 2014-06-29, 11:45   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
How would that not be considered attacking them, when the intended result would likely cause them to break multiple bones?
You're just preparing a ramp for yourself. And interfering solely with the water. Their broken bones is nothing but a side-effect. Just like Honoka's competitors being blinded is just a side-effect of her lighting up the water for... reasons.
Closed Thread