AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 8 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 12.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 28.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 28.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-06, 15:56   Link #41
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Gerumany..
How about Tokiomi's German..??
Don't know, forgot. I may check it fast if you can tell me which F/Z episode it was most notable in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I think that nudity in general is not a sexual expression, it can work without that sort of interpretation.

A sex scene is a full-blown sexual intercourse, furthermore between two minors, plus we're in the anime medium, where we have strict laws. Ufotable would never risk it. A show like Game of Thrones wouldn't do it either.

Heaven's Feel definitely has a chance since these rules don't apply to movies and ovas. Kara no Kyokai movie 3 had a rape scene, Ufotable has done a sexual act before so it's logical to assume that they will keep the Sakura/Shinji thing.
I didn't watch all of those, but as far as I know Parasyte, White Album 2, Yosuga no Sora and other series not mentioned here had "sex scenes" (creative use of camera angles to avoid "problems") and all of them are TV series, I think, so considering ufoUBW is on a midnight slot in Japan it SHOULD have been possible to do...
Old 2015-06-06, 16:12   Link #42
zero7090

ploughing dolphin ruined the scene by making it look so half-assed
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 16:36   Link #43
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Gerumany..
How about Tokiomi's German..??
Tokiomi spoke German? He only said "Intensive Einäscherung" in episode 15 I believe, which was fine.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 16:55   Link #44
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I still can't quite wrap my head around the idea... That a bathing Illya... is considered by some to be somehow more in need of censoring than an actual sex scene?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 17:11   Link #45
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand, I'm very glad they didn't do the sex scene. It felt like a bad hentai plot in the visual novel and it would've just been ridiculous here. I don't think any amount of explanation would make "sex fuelled mana" sound like a good idea for a story as serious about itself as this one.

On the other hand, I wish they kept it a little more dignified and avoid any allusions to the sex scene as well, instead of having Shirou and Tohsaka take their shirts off for the flimsiest of reasons. Don't care about the dolphins either way.

Now I don't actually mind if there's a sex scene as long as it makes sense. Either have Rin and Shirou have sex because they love each other and it could be their last day together, or have them transfer mana in an appropriate way. Don't mix the two.

...and that's it I guess. Nothing much else to discuss so it was a bit of a weak episode really. Saber's pathos never really meant much to me in FSN, particularly in the UBW route so I'm not much interested in that. Most of the character elements in this story has just about reached thier conclusions and all that's left is a bunch of action so I guess it's time get out the popcorn and enjoy the last ride.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 17:21   Link #46
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The original sex scene happened very randomly and very awkwardly. I'm fairly sure the original concepts of either the Fate or UBW routes called for any sex scenes at all and they were added kinda hastily because eroge sold better back then.

Of course, they jumped at the opportunity to take out the sex scenes... But now they had holes to fill... And well, it probably could have been done better. But coming up with something good is pretty difficult.

I think Nasu still wanted there to be some amount of intimacy. But it had to be on the spiritual level because teens getting physical is... well it's a weird Japanese moral standard that should be respected imo.
Old 2015-06-06, 18:06   Link #47
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

性交した。。。じゃなくて!成功した! 

and with how much Rin stressed and repeated it, I wonder if the staff were aware and this was intentional...
(I didn't read the RN version so I wouldn't know how they changed the scene)
Spoiler for for those who don't get it:
Old 2015-06-06, 18:39   Link #48
Geburah

In any case if remember well, in Realta Nua VN Rin mentions that only passed a very small part of the Tohsaka Crest to Shirou, On this chapter we have the visual hint that the crest size compared with Rin's is prety small
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 18:48   Link #49
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geburah View Post
In any case if remember well, in Realta Nua VN Rin mentions that only passed a very small part of the Tohsaka Crest to Shirou, On this chapter we have the visual hint that the crest size compared with Rin's is prety small
You mix up events in HF with events in UBW. She sacrifices her entire crest in UBW.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 19:46   Link #50
ShadowSamurai365

Is there anyone who can moonrune (read Japanese) and able to translate the that part in the Realta Nua version of the VN to see whether or not this happens?

Truthfully, I'm neutral at this point. While I do understand that not having the "sex scene" do create a plothole for that point, I felt (back then) that it was completely unnecessary (or just something just put there just to fit the market); and that only Heaven's Feel fit the criteria. With how much mangas and LN I've read until now, I've probably encountered two mangas/LN that used this plot point (I forgot the name, but it's a WN/LN that tells the story of a person being reincarnated in a different world of magic as the 8th son of a low rank family; in which he was the only one who can use magic, along with learning from some undead and being taught "Holy". The second one was Omamori Himari, in which while they didn't show, the position the MC was in, well.....).
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 20:01   Link #51
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

In any case, I found the episode very nice and endearing.
We finally got a down time episode which is warranted from the massive escalation in the rising action and climax of internal conflict (Shirou vs Archer) so this episode delivers the falling action to balance it out.
Personally, I found the RN thing a bit better than the original H scene on paper. We had focuses on the Magic Crest way in the beginning so for it to not be brought up again kinda loses its merit. Plus it gives this odd comparison between Rin and Tokiomi that I want to talk about but can't put it into words...

I interpreted the whole transfer thing to Rin unknowingly backing up the need of them being in "deep rapport" with the suspension bridge effect by having both her and Shirou be topless. So pretty much her excuse of "facilitating body heat" was something she pulled out of the left field or something.
Speaking of which, "I'll get a look at your embarrassing memories sooner or later! And when I do, I won't hold back, you hear?"
Rin's indirect proposal was cute.

Saber reminiscing and telling Shirou about an "answer" she received pretty much indicates 2 things for me. One, Zero is to be viewed first or else this wouldn't make sense and it would look like development out of nowhere. Two, hopefully a scene at the end with her telling that one knight to throw Excalibur and remembering Shirou vs Archer as she "goes to sleep" which mirrors well to the end of Zero where she was pretty much broken to no end.

Also, Shinji finally got into the robot. Heh
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 21:09   Link #52
MCAL

You know what they say... "The best way through a girl's heart is through your high jumps."
MCAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 21:26   Link #53
Top Sergeant

I really enjoyed this episode, and rate it higher than the previous two. I like how the relationship is developing between Rin and Shiro and how they are handling it. Should be a glorious fight next week.
Old 2015-06-06, 21:33   Link #54
Amarantine

I liked how they portrayed Shirou seeing Rin's memories. The music was gorgeous, and it was nice to see the high jump scene in UBW (even if anime-only people will only understand it with the HF movie(s)), since it gives a lot of extra weight to Rin's feelings for Shirou and makes their otherwise somewhat puppy love stronger and more endearing.

I still feel ufotable have done a disservice to Rin's character throughout the show, however, by overemphasizing her tsundere antics, which I remember being a bit more subtle in the VN. But oh well.

Looking forward to the upcoming action, though the Assassin fight will probably feel even more like filler here, since the last time he was shown was in the last episode of season 1 like half a year ago.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 23:36   Link #55
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I think that nudity in general is not a sexual expression, it can work without that sort of interpretation.

A sex scene is a full-blown sexual intercourse, furthermore between two minors, plus we're in the anime medium, where we have strict laws. Ufotable would never risk it. A show like Game of Thrones wouldn't do it either.

Heaven's Feel definitely has a chance since these rules don't apply to movies and ovas. Kara no Kyokai movie 3 had a rape scene, Ufotable has done a sexual act before so it's logical to assume that they will keep the Sakura/Shinji thing.
KnK did not receive a wide release here. That content will place this title as 18+. They really don't need anymore issues to affect sales in the US.
Old 2015-06-07, 00:15   Link #56
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
From my perspective, (partial) nudity, even (or especially) from a seemingly prepubescent/child-like figure, seems much more harmless than teen sex with all the baggage that comes with it, like STDs and unwanted pregnancy.
bro, its anime, STD doesnt exist, and pregnancy is only if its plot relevant lolz
Old 2015-06-07, 00:17   Link #57
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
bro, its anime, STD doesnt exist, and pregnancy is only if its plot relevant lolz
You haven't watched SAO season 2, have you? :V
Old 2015-06-07, 00:23   Link #58
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
That's not the point. When talking about what is and is not family friendly, it's the real life implication that is of concern, not the fictional implication. So teenage sex is further away from being family friendly than bathing in the nude.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 02:17   Link #59
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm still quite unsure how bathing isn't family friendly. Not like anything "mature" happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
Zero is to be viewed first or else this wouldn't make sense and it would look like development out of nowhere.
A throwback to another series doesn't mean you can't watch this series without having watched the other one first. Why do people keep saying this bs? People who haven't been following the franchise since day 1 are actually not retarded.
Old 2015-06-07, 02:19   Link #60
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Concerning the supposed sex scene I kinda agree with the person, who said they should have at least hugged. It's not a big deal and considering they were supposed to undress, it would make much more sense for them to at least hug. Otherwise why undress at all?! It didn't really add up, so I was a bit disappointed. But overall I really liked this episode. Rin is love <3