AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 10 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-09, 16:34   Link #41
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
How come Gilgamesh doesn't get pissed and attack Archer after Archer talked down to Shinji and him if they try to interfere?

Is it because Gilgamesh thinks the whole thing is amusing and he wants a front row seat to a good show between archer and emiya
Probably, yes. That way he can also just kill the winner of that fight (which is indeed what he tried to do).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Oh right, how stupid of me. Now I remember.

One final question, do Saber and Gilgamesh have an encounter in UBW? Do they speak about the 4th Holy Grail war?
Yes, after Shirou defeats Archer, Gilgamesh attacks and skewers Archer and shows himself. Saber steps up then and she and Gil have a relatively long conversation in which he explains to her that he's been around since the last war.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 16:34   Link #42
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
Furthermore, instead of Shirou counterattacking with a sword rain of his own, he replicated the swords in his hands one by one.
Isn't that how he did it in the VN? I mean I can't be 100% but I'm fairly sure Shirou never did a sword rain.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 16:36   Link #43
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Nope. Saber was too busy fighting Assassin in the Temple stairs while Gil fought Shirou.
Actually, if I remember correctly, Saber and Gil does met with each other after the battle of Shirou vs Archer in "Answer".
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 16:36   Link #44
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Isn't that how he did it in the VN? I mean I can't be 100% but I'm fairly sure Shirou never did a sword rain.
He did sword rain in the VN. He projected and countered all of Archer's blades which resulted in a clash of projectiles and made it an epic fight. Ufotable disappointed me so much

I'm gonna take a guess and say maybe Ufotable is planning to do that with Gil and Shirou fight instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
Actually, if I remember correctly, Saber and Gil does met with each other after the battle of Shirou vs Archer in "Answer".
Well yeah they met but they didn't spend much time reminiscing of the 4th War. He was mainly there to insult the two Fakers.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 16:40   Link #45
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Hm.. Maybe the reason I find that hard to believe is... because it actually IS hard to believe. I mean, suppose what you say is true, and it was changed in the anime... Wouldn't you say it's a good change? I mean what he does now makes a lot more sense.

You know? Doing shit we've already seen him do instead of pulling a new power out of his ass like a bad shonen?
Old 2015-05-09, 16:42   Link #46
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Nope. Not as I recall. Saber was too busy fighting Assassin in the Temple stairs while Shirou fought Gil.
;_; ... Why must my least favorite route (Fate) have the scene I've been waiting in FSN to happen since I've watched Zero. Or why must my least favorite route be about my favorite character.

Kono sekai wa zankoku nanda.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 16:43   Link #47
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
They also see each other again briefly after Saber defeats Assassin and appears to save Shirou from one of Gil's sword spams. Which actually leads to a fairly amusing image when Shirou tells Saber to go save Rin and that he'll handle Gil:

Spoiler:

I'm actually sort of hoping ufotable include some of Saber and Gilgamesh's interactions from the Fate route, because otherwise people who were introduced to Fate with the Zero anime might be disappointed their subplot never led anywhere.
Old 2015-05-09, 16:46   Link #48
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
I'm actually sort of hoping ufotable include some of Saber and Gilgamesh's interactions from the Fate route, because otherwise people who were introduced to Fate with the Zero anime might be disappointed their subplot never led anywhere.
We can point them to DEEN anime, I guess.

But I'm with you, a little bit of expansion would be really sweet. One clash or two would be nice as well.

We have Heaven's Feel to look forward to but Gil gets taken out like a bitch there. Hopefully Sakura VS Gilgamesh is a bit changed and the fight is a bit longer.
Old 2015-05-09, 16:53   Link #49
Amarantine

Quote:
We can point them to DEEN anime, I guess.
They actually did that scene surprisingly well (Kenji Kawai's glorious soundtrack helps, of course). Too bad there's no way it can be included in this anime (Shirou being Gil's final opponent in UBW after all), because it's easily Gil's best scene in FSN as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2015-05-09, 16:53   Link #50
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
He did sword rain in the VN. He projected and countered all of Archer's blades which resulted in a clash of projectiles and made it an epic fight. Ufotable disappointed me so much

I'm gonna take a guess and say maybe Ufotable is planning to do that with Gil and Shirou fight instead.

Well yeah they met but they didn't spend much time reminiscing of the 4th War. He was mainly there to insult the two Fakers.
I saw both that scene on youtube and read the scene on lparchive. Based on watching/reading that scene, there were 18 swords heading towards Saber. Based on what was stated, it said that Shirou had copied the rain of swords in front of him. However, I didn't see anywhere where it stated (or apply) that Shirou did the exact same thing Archer did ( sending out flying swords). Also at that moment, Shirou stated that he can't copy all of the swords quickly on eyes alone, and that he did what he did in that scene based on a theory he had.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 16:57   Link #51
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
They actually did that scene surprisingly well (Kenji Kawai's glorious soundtrack helps, of course). Too bad there's no way it can be included in this anime (Shirou being Gil's final opponent in UBW after all), because it's easily Gil's best scene in FSN as far as I'm concerned.
Oh wow, it's really beautiful and touching. Even a bit romantic.

Also, another question, damn my VN memory is vague...

When Kirei gets taken out, do we see Gilgamesh even giving a tiny bit of crap about it? Does he even know Kirei got killed?
Old 2015-05-09, 16:59   Link #52
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think he gave the matter any thought since he was too busy playing around. (UBW is his "I'm playing around" episode)
Old 2015-05-09, 17:00   Link #53
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

The lack of sword rain from Shirou was pretty disappointing. Reminded me one of the most egregious details of the UBW movie when Shirou just shounen will powered the projectiles away by hand. I HOPE that the BD shows what he really did in the VN because to me that is just silly.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 17:04   Link #54
Amarantine

Quote:
When Kirei gets taken out, do we see Gilgamesh even giving a tiny bit of crap about it?
Nope. That's definitely something I would like ufotable to rectify. I think it's safe to assume that when Nasu wrote the VN he didn't really plan for Kirei and Gilgamesh to have any special connection beside being partners in crime, but after Fate/Zero it'll be pretty jarring not to have Gil at least comment on Kirei's death. I mean, you can infer that he's still honoring Kirei since his goal is to give birth Angra Mainyu, which is what Kirei wanted, but still, it would be nice to have him openly acknowledge it somehow. Of course, at the time of Kirei's death, he was probably busy stealthily watching Shirou vs Archer, but he could still say something afterwards. Maybe when he confronts Shinji and turns him into the Grail.
Old 2015-05-09, 17:07   Link #55
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ok since this was getting ridiculous, I went ahead and looked it up. Nowhere is there ANY mention of Shirou doing a sword rain. I checked! It's not there! Maybe you were thinking about the UBW movie?
Old 2015-05-09, 17:07   Link #56
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Nope. That's definitely something I would like ufotable to rectify. I think it's safe to assume that when Nasu wrote the VN he didn't really plan for Kirei and Gilgamesh to have any special connection beside being partners in crime, but after Fate/Zero it'll be pretty jarring not to have Gil at least comment on Kirei's death. I mean, you can infer that he's still honoring Kirei since his goal is to give birth Angra Mainyu, which is what Kirei wanted, but still, it would be nice to have him openly acknowledge it somehow. Of course, at the time of Kirei's death, he was probably busy stealthily watching Shirou vs Archer, but he could still say something afterwards. Maybe when he confronts Shinji and turns him into the Grail.
I agree with everything you said.

All the little expansions Ufoable has done so far have been great. I wish there were more of it.
Old 2015-05-09, 17:11   Link #57
monster

Quote:
Hm.. Maybe the reason I find that hard to believe is... because it actually IS hard to believe. I mean, suppose what you say is true, and it was changed in the anime... Wouldn't you say it's a good change? I mean what he does now makes a lot more sense.

You know? Doing shit we've already seen him do instead of pulling a new power out of his ass like a bad shonen?
Just to comment on this, I would actually find it more believable for Shirou to be able to copy whatever he just saw Archer doing than to have him defend against all those incoming swords two at a time.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 17:14   Link #58
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Ok since this was getting ridiculous, I went ahead and looked it up. Nowhere is there ANY mention of Shirou doing a sword rain. I checked! It's not there! Maybe you were thinking about the UBW movie?
Spoiler:

The very fact that he raised only his left arm implied he didn't just bruteforce his way into batting away Archer's blades and did a Sword Rain of his own to counter.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2015-05-09, 17:19   Link #59
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That's some hella far fetched deduction there. O_o That scene doesn't even show whether or not he was successful. He just woke up surrounded by sword shards. From that I read something like he was barely able to reproduce the swords. Not make them rain.
Old 2015-05-09, 17:24   Link #60
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
That's some hella far fetched deduction there. O_o That scene doesn't even show whether or not he was successful. He just woke up surrounded by sword shards.
Your opinion of it not being a sword rain is as far fetch of a deduction as well. According to you then Shirou manage to bat away 18 swords using only his left arm.

We should also take into account the Sound effects in that scene in the game. And in it we can clearly hear swords clashing sound effects proving that Shirou was successful in countering the blades.