AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-14, 06:26   Link #41
Tenzen12

Supporting cast can make or break show, but I can't say I was particularly impressed with this one.
Old 2022-07-20, 10:34   Link #42
Frontier

Man, Yume's got it bad...she's collected the scraps of everything Mizuto ever gave her and prayed to it every night while the were dating (does she still have that?), she smells his underwear, and she just can't help but imagine him slapping her butt (and that blush tells me she got off on it) .

Granted, these two are such peas in a pod. I mean, they both end up with each others' underwear after getting caught by their respective parent, both did something perverted with said underwear, and both try to return it at the same time...and they both seem far too much into this sibling play kind of dynamic .

I guess we finally see how Yume reacts to the idea of a another girl hanging out with Mizuto...not very well. Especially when she looks like Yume did in middle school. She even goes through an elaborate plot to try and catch him with said girl, on the surface because she doesn't want him ruining another girls' prospects but really because she can't stand seeing him with another woman. Like, how dare he immediately bring a girl home when it took her six months !

But in reality the culprit was none other than Minami in a wig! It turns out she's in love with Yume...I mean, in love with becoming sisters with her, so she's badgering Mizuto to get hitched so she can legally become Yume's sister. I have to admire her tenacity, if nothing else .

So Minami has some relationship experience, in the sense that she's been a girlfriend before and was maybe a little too dedicated to being one to the point of over-stressing her boyfriend enough to put him in the hospital because she wouldn't give him space to breathe. Not the worst thing to happen to a guy, but I can see it as a bit of a turn off .

Kawanami seems to know a lot about Minami...childhood friends ?

So is the idea that the two of them going on a date will give Minami the idea to stay away from Mizuto because she'll realize what's actually going on with the "siblings?" I can definitely see it stirring up a lot of unresolved feelings among the pair .
Old 2022-07-20, 11:43   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh boy, Yume certainly had her "quirks" both in the past and even extending a bit into the present. Although on the positive side that kind of thing mostly got revealed and didn't actually damage her all that much.

It really does seem like a given that they'll end up together eventually. Way too much on the same wavelength right now.

I was curious who the heck the Yume look-a-like was since I just couldn't place it. But yeah, the Minami twist was great. Mizuto is getting worn out by her approach. It's all the worse because she's purely doing it so that she can get even closer to Yume. Of course I'd kind of argue she could just go after Yume directly and save some time, but she's got her preferences I suppose.
Old 2022-07-21, 12:29   Link #44
Alchemist007
*Author

Crazy stalker girl might be one to watch out for. Better invest in a home security system.
Old 2022-07-27, 10:02   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Episode 4 is pretty nice. Also, even though I somewhat saw the twist at the end coming, it's still funny when it was revealed.
Old 2022-07-27, 10:38   Link #46
Frontier

Yume is dressed up all cute and pretty for her sudden date with Mizuto, but while she's trying to downplay it as just a sibling outing, even she can't resist being charmed by how handsome and dashing Mizuto looks .

Kawanami really fulfilling that best friend wingman role by getting Mizuto all ready and done up for the date and in true best friend fashion watching the date unfold with Minami in tow to keep the plan going. He also gives Mizuto a kabedon, because why not ?

Not even the pairs' usual jibes and sass towards each other can kill the romance of their aquarium date, and they can't seem to help but fall into the role of lovers and the close, intimate, contact that necessitates .

So Yume is the one who confessed first and asked Mizuto out, but she was always very self-conscious about herself as a girl given how much of a spaz and emotional mess she could be, but Mizuto was always there for her in-spite of that. Also, I wonder if we're not getting a festival episode because we got a festival flashback, complete with middle school Yume in a yukata and with typical Geta problems ?

Even when the pair drops pretenses and starts snarking at each other as usual, their back-and-forth over books and murders still shows how good their rapport is and it still feels like a date between these two .

Mizuto feels like their relationship as step-siblings is more healthy than their relationship as lovers because eventually they started to hate each other, even regarding the things they loved about one another. But is that so true? Especially when it seems like their feelings for each other are still so unresolved .

Well, Minami has finally gotten the picture, and will try to hold herself back even if she's still keen on hooking up with Mizuto to get to Yume. But she should be more grateful that Mizuto is keeping her basically going into their home uninvited to himself and cares enough about Yume having a genuine friend to not tell her how nuts Minami is. All the same, was Minami really the one who put the chair up in their dining room? She seemed genuinely surprised, even though she still admitted to it .

Okay, Yume can say whatever she wants about doing things a "normal" sister would do, but only the most hardcore brocons would have their "little brother" posing handsomely in their nice outfit reading their favorite book while she takes a bunch of pictures from every angle and pose she can think of. It makes more sense for the girl still horny for Mizuto that we know she is, and the way the two look at each other after grasping onto each other on the couch feels much more like lovers than siblings .

So Kawanami not so subtly confirms he was the middle-school boyfriend that Minami was all over and sent to the hospital, meaning both boys can commiserate over being the only guys who know how to deal with their ex-girlfriends .
Old 2022-07-27, 13:26   Link #47
Lex79

With how many romcoms stick to the usual formula of a plain protagonist and super beautiful heroines, it was nice to see Yume drooling at yhe sight of her ex boyfriend.
Old 2022-07-27, 13:32   Link #48
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
With how many romcoms stick to the usual formula of a plain protagonist and super beautiful heroines, it was nice to see Yume drooling at yhe sight of her ex boyfriend.
Girls got it real bad .
Old 2022-07-27, 17:01   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

This date may have greater consequences than Mizuto can possibly imagine. That flipped some kind of switch for Yume and the end result was pretty hilarious. Giving up on the mysteries and everything else or at least prioritizing a photo session with ex looking great . She knew that look wasn't going to last so she made sure to take her chance to let that moment live forever in her album!

I probably should have called that Kawanami was Minami's ex, but oh well. It does make for a pretty amusing friendship situation here. Both of them are in pretty close proximity (though step siblings is about as close as you get) to their exes and have to deal with all of that. The possibility of reigniting things is definitely there for both cases.

The reasoning for the breakup though is a pretty good barrier to Mizuto and Yume getting back together fast. That things turned from love to frustration like that would keep them both scared. But if nothing else it definitely confirms that things haven't really died off between them. Now to see how things progress from here.

Well the obvious thing is another character being added to the mix. So that'll be something to look forward to.
Old 2022-07-27, 23:38   Link #50
Frontier

At this point I'm wondering if the parents dated before getting back together .
Old 2022-07-28, 00:23   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
At this point I'm wondering if the parents dated before getting back together .
I'm definitely wondering considering the pattern being established in this show .
Old 2022-07-28, 00:45   Link #52
Lex79

Kawanami being the boyfriend who was sent in hospital makes painfully clear why now he wants to be a read only member.

Last edited by Lex79; 2022-07-29 at 00:10.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-28, 18:28   Link #53
Frontier

Quote:
Kawanami being the boyfriend who was sent in hospital makes painfully clear why know he wants to be a read only member.
Minami basically screwed him up on relationships .
Old 2022-07-28, 19:08   Link #54
Ghostfriendly

Didn't even get through half an episode. 'Smartest-guy-in-the-room' toxic male fantasies should be shot on site, and series devoted to belittling women dropped on site
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-28, 21:17   Link #55
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I was on the fence but caught up with episode 4 and they... definitely feel like exes. Not sure if I'll stick with it but the two pairs of exes is kind of intriguing so far.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-28, 23:16   Link #56
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Kawanami being the boyfriend who was sent in hospital makes painfully clear why know he wants to be a read only member.
Honestly can't blame the guy for giving up on relationships.
Old 2022-07-29, 09:14   Link #57
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Honestly can't blame the guy for giving up on relationships.
And he still has to take care of the ex-girlfriend who ruined romance for him .
Old 2022-08-03, 10:35   Link #58
Frontier

So one of the defining, initial, moments of Mizuto and Yume's relationship was during a class trip where he treated her nicely and they got to talk while watching the moon...and Mizuto treated her to a literary love confession. And it seems that's what spurred Yume's initial feelings for him. It was a pretty adorable flashback .

I hope for Mizuto's sake that The Detective is Already Dead is a better read than it was an anime .

Time for this pair to shop for a Mother's Day gift! Of course Mizuto can't be bothered to go out with Yume, but Yume dressing up and looking cute is enough to get through to him and get him off his butt, even if it means he loses this round. Though Yume probably enjoyed that close contact in the train more than she'll be willing to admit .

Carnations are a lovely gift! You can tell how meaningful it was for the mom to get them from both her kids. Although moms are kind of a sore point for Mizuto since his bio mom died when he was really young and all he has left of her is one picture, which sucks. At least it's enough for Yume to be there to support him with no reservation, though now I'm curious about Yume's bio dad .

Oh yeah, I guess the parents both work and have to take care of two teenagers, so they probably never got to really treat themselves as a couple, let alone have a honeymoon. It's nice to see the kids trying to give their parents some alone time even if poor Yume has to grapple with spending the night with Mizuto or in a love hotel with him. But when in doubt, just stay with friends .

So not only are Kawanami and Minami childhood friends, but they live next door to each other. I'm sure that's not awkward at all, especially after what a disaster them dating in middle school apparently turned out to be. Although it seems like Kawanami wanted to marry Minami back when they were kids, though it's something both are absolutely mortified about now. But despite how much these two fight like cats and dogs, they really seem to get and understand each other on an intimate and emotional level like you would expect from two people who've known each other their entire lives. They can practically read each others' minds .

Thank goodness for thin walls when the guys tease each other about their exes and make said exes have to hold each other back from breaking the walls in embarrassment .

Yume going all ara ara teasing on Mizuto because she thought she had mastered fountain drinks only for them both to look like idiots was priceless .

Yume immediately takes notice of Minami getting chummy with Mizuto, though not for the reasons Minami thinks (no man can touch Mizuto without incurring her wrath), and in the end of course it becomes just about these two and their bickering .

Kawanami thought he'd have the easy life in high school, but reality isn't quite so simple...but maybe competing with his ex will be enough of a motivator .

Yume and Mizuto once again look at the moon alongside each other and reflect on their relationship...all the while Yume is looking absolutely adorable in those frog PJ's (thank you Minami!). Of course they want their parents to have a happy marriage and stay together, if only for the parents' sake, but it's complicated if it means they'll be step-siblings for the rest of their lives. All the moreso when they inevitably can't stop denying their feelings and desire to be more than step-siblings again .
Old 2022-08-03, 11:20   Link #59
Greenish Growth

I've noticed that a number of ex-girlfriend, new stepsister JPN web novels have come out lately. It must be because of the anime being out now. I guess everyone is trying to put their own spin on a similar situation.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-03, 21:10   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Having the two former couples hanging out was as entertaining as expected. Now that the reveal is out of the way they can really have fun with Minami and Kawanami. Definitely seems like they'd been close for quite a long time and eventually just took a step when becoming a couple. It ended disastrously, but here they are living next door to each other and clearly run into each other all the time.

If nothing else I'm having a great time with this show. Yume and Mizuto still have good interactions even if they can't help but drive each other nuts.

Kind of glad as well that they spent a bit of time on how difficult things can be in this situation. Mizuto doesn't remember his mom, but he still misses her. And now he's got a new mother in his life and she is great, but it's still tough.

Tags
harem, love triangle