AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: AMG Season 2 Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 15 31.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-12, 18:14   Link #41
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
i dont get it, why would a contract needs to be reformed again between Belldandy+Keiichi? so in order to live in the human world, one needs to have a contract with a person in the human world in order live there? than...what about Skuld or Urd?!??!?! they dont have a contract there, yet they can still in the human world -_-.
Unlike Urd, who is presently on probation, and Skuld, who has yet to get a Goddess license, Belldandy is a full fledged goddess with employment opportunities, if not responsibilities.

The contract is effectively bureaucratic paperwork to allow Belldandy to remain on Earth legitimately. Without rules like this, we would get tonnes of Gods and Goddesses coming down to Earth whenever they liked and mess up human society.

(I imagine it to be like a work-visa)
Old 2006-04-12, 18:40   Link #42
Js2756
Thread Killer

Being an avid manga reader, I'd just like to address some of the possible directions that aliensporebomb brings up:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-12, 18:52   Link #43
lackey4ever

any one knwo when episode tow comes out/
Old 2006-04-12, 19:21   Link #44
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackey4ever
any one knwo when episode tow comes out/
I believe (if I have my information correct) it airs this Firday (Friday 1:55 AM - Tokyo Time) ... and I think that converts to Thursday, 12:55 PM - EST .

-> http://www.mahou.org/Showtime (show times)
-> http://hashihime.atspace.com/0604sched.html (Spring Schedule)

-> http://www.timeanddate.com/ (Time Conversion)

I'll put all this in the new Ah! My Goddess Q & A thread.
Old 2006-04-12, 21:55   Link #45
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
More thoughts:

-What this show needs, in my opinion, is some outside help to assist the writer.
They've followed the manga probably too closely or the actual author came up
with a great premise but there's no forward movement.

-The manga-ka had some great ideas but if they kissed at Chapter 11 and in
Chapter 210 he's still panicking around her, there's something really wrong.

Is the manga-ka possibly as inexperienced as Keiichi and has no idea where
to go to push their relationship further?

-Or is it like a lot of american television shows who rely on the unresolved
sexual tension to keep viewers glued to the screen? I guess it's working.

Or the manga-ka is resting on his laurels? or is enjoying torturing his readers?

I re-watched this episode and enjoyed it, but it will take a few episodes to see
the direction things are heading.

-Things I'd like to see:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-12, 23:20   Link #46
TDRKZ
Asa all the way

where this is going

Its funny because after watching the first episode, i'm already thinking about how they plan to end the series. Since the manga is not finished there are only a couple stopping point that I believe they will use.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-13, 07:08   Link #47
Aqualung
Ayukawa!!!

I really loved Belldandy playing the bagpipes in the OP. What I wouldn't give for a screen capture of that!
Old 2006-04-13, 09:33   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Unlike Urd, who is presently on probation, and Skuld, who has yet to get a Goddess license, Belldandy is a full fledged goddess with employment opportunities, if not responsibilities.

The contract is effectively bureaucratic paperwork to allow Belldandy to remain on Earth legitimately. Without rules like this, we would get tonnes of Gods and Goddesses coming down to Earth whenever they liked and mess up human society.

(I imagine it to be like a work-visa)
*cough*Peorthonvacation*cough*
I think you're on the right track with the job thing, though. Without a contract (mission) on Earth, she has to report to her office in Heaven. Or be fired.

Though it still leaves the question of why, if everyone and his God remembered Keichi's wish for Belldandy to stay, they had to go through that much trouble to restore the original wish. Couldn't they just:
- write a note stating that Bell had to remain with Keichi as part of her duties?
or
- let Keichi wish for that again?
It's not like they were trying a con game with an insurance company or anything.
Old 2006-04-13, 13:20   Link #49
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Peorth on vacation? Mmm, nice.

Have to say I liked this a lot. Animation is even better than last seasonm particularly Belldandy's kawaii blinking Story wise I won't comment on just yet as it's basically just setting up. Can't wait for more goodness
Old 2006-04-13, 18:36   Link #50
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:

Mind you, these are my ideas and are guaranteed possibly not to be in the show:

-Keiichi's sister takes Belldandy out to a trendy clothing boutique to get her
way dolled up so Keiichi can't resist or just to give her some advice "my
brother is a slug, you're going to have to attack him to get him to do
anything." This way Bel' makes inroads into Keiichi's family and since
she's going to be around for a while they're going to need to get used to
her. Comic fun could be had as they giggle while Keiichi stares at them
with the blood draining out of his face.
If you read the manga, you'll find that Belldandy is a lot more forward than in the anime. She's met Keiichi's parents in the manga already, and they are actually quite accepting of her. She is special in his dad's eyes, but not in a romantic way.

Quote:
-Urd decides things are moving too slow so she decides to put the moves on
Keiichi in an effort to get Bel' to make a move - we've seen hints of this in
earlier episodes of Belldandy's possessive jealousy, I'd like to see more of
this side of her character. Urd is a little too involved in their relationship
and though she tries to help it's almost like she likes to see Keiichi fail as
much as he succeeds. I suspect that's her demon side coming out.
Done with Peorth instead of Urd. Expect to see this in the anime.

Quote:
-Worse possibly - Skuld goes thru proto-goddess puberty and decides she
sees what Bel' sees in Keiichi and goes after him. Bound to happen
eventually.
Done in anime. Episode 26.

I personally think that Fujishima has just plain run out of ideas, but doesn't want to put the series to bed yet. It's too bad, because if he doesn't come out with something good soon, he really should just end it. It's not like Belldandy doesn't want it, it's more that Keiichi is too much of a wuss to do anything. It was cute at first, but got annoying pretty quick.

Actually, Belldandy's anime form is a weakpoint relative to the manga. Her manga version is a much more diverse, multi-facetted character in comparison to her anime form. She is more aggressive relative to Keiichi in the manga, and is more rounded emotionally and mentally. We rarely ever get to see her feisty, aggressive side in the anime (except before that race with Aoshima), and I really hope that this side starts coming out in later episodes.

Here's my opinion on what to expect in the show, and comments on what TDRKZ said:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-13, 22:12   Link #51
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Js2756: thanks for your insights. Looks interesting. Peorth eh? Interesting.
Old 2006-04-14, 01:31   Link #52
myopius

Okay. The same old cliches, but I guess that's to be expected since they're establishing some kind of continuity between seasons. I thought there was definitely too much talking; too many times when an un/comfortable wordlessness could have been much more appropriate than the same old lines (but slightly off, I think?).

They could fit this in at any time, though it's very far off, but of the latter half of the manga that I've read, the Sayoko arc really stood out; thinking on the conclusion of that arc, can almost believe the relationship between Keichi and Belldandy had been developing, on a level that the reader couldn't see, which gives me hope and fuels my motivation to await something happening in the manga. That could possibly make a good closing arc for the second season.

Preview for the next episode doesn't look too promising. Love in every stitch? Hmm... seems like they're making Belldandy's character more forward with her feeling this season (which is as happens in the manga, as has been noted, but not this fast I didn't think!).

Edit: Opening was excellent, though.

You know, I'd love to hope that the hand-holding in the opening theme is more than just fan service for romantics... =\ I don't want to make stuff up entirely, though, since they'd probably not do the best job of it.
Old 2006-04-14, 03:53   Link #53
Conri

The opening was beautiful! Bagpipes! Peorth and Hild! Urd looked fantastic. The first episode itself didn't blow me away, but it was exactly what I was expecting. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season.
Old 2006-04-14, 11:56   Link #54
Furudanuki

Enjoyed the first episode - nothing in it that blew me away, but there were no disappointments either. The animation artwork continues to be a beautiful strong point, and the tone and pacing of the voice acting seemed consistant with the first season. I thought that both the OP and ED matched up quite well with the feel of the series. I have to say that I preferred the OP and (first) ED from Season 1, but that's due to how much I liked those songs, not because of deficiencies in the new pieces. All things considered, I would rate this episode as a solid 8. It might have been higher if anything much had actually happened plotwise other than re-introducing the characters and the setting. But, hey! Belldandy is back, the second season is off to a satisfactory start, and there is lots more to come - gotta love it!
Old 2006-04-14, 13:39   Link #55
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Happy to see more of everyones favorite goddess the second season looks promising enjoyed the first episode. It seem belldandy was more forceful and honest with her feelings than in the second season and she even used magic in front of others.
Old 2006-04-14, 13:47   Link #56
Free Voice

Smile Thanks to AONE &AnY for their fansub

I would like to thank again the fansubbers for their wonderful work in translating so soon AMG episode 1. I have to say that I appreciate very much the opening song, but I have one qualm about the translation: at a moment it is written "The small dream you painted towards the sky". I don't know sufficiently japanese to appreciate the original version, but I was wondering if a better translation would not be "in the sky"?

That being said, the anime series seems to be evolving in a quite different direction from the manga... Does anybody think that we might be ending with a possible marriage of K/B?
Old 2006-04-14, 21:27   Link #57
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

Thanks. And don't worry about OP/ED translation issues at the moment. When the official lyrics come out on April 27, we'll make the necessary corrections.
Old 2006-05-03, 14:41   Link #58
Altrisha

I like the opening theme of season 1 better compared to season 2...
Old 2006-05-03, 15:18   Link #59
aliensporebomb

(Last update I'll make in this thread - last night I saw a collection of
Ah Megami Sama manga published by Dark Horse and there was a
blurb from the manga-ka of this particular series. Looks like the guy
is a total mess, living like a monk with his body and possessions falling
apart. NOW I understand why Keiichi is the way he is in the story.
The Mangaka is basically the same way...)
Old 2006-05-04, 03:02   Link #60
Altrisha

Can anyone say who Peorth is? I know shes the black haired girl in the beginning but I want to know everything about her... Someone pls tell me?
Closed Thread