3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-04-10, 21:10   Link #41
YF19EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Mirage really needs to step back and analyze the happenings first before jumping to conclusions. Hayate is just touching no harm done.
Their current relationship is reminding me of Misa and Hikaru.
Very much so. I was hoping that Hayate was not going to become another hot headed Alto. In this case, its Mirage that is taking that place right now.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 21:31   Link #42
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Hayate is just touching no harm done.
Off limits man. Never touch someone else's weapon, its like touching a spouse.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 21:37   Link #43
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
Very much so. I was hoping that Hayate was not going to become another hot headed Alto. In this case, its Mirage that is taking that place right now.
It can be stressful being the straight man, especially when you're surrounded by 'colorful' personalities who don't seem to take anything seriously enough (in your excessively uptight, by-the-book opinion.) Mirage might have it both a little harder and a little easier than Misa, though; since she's not in a position of authority she can't throw her weight around with Hayate, but she also can't be held to a higher standard than he is either.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 21:54   Link #44
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Off limits man. Never touch someone else's weapon, its like touching a spouse.

- Tak
I've been doing things wrong my entire life then.

In all seriousness though, Hayate was just a civilian at that time, there should be quite a number of things off limits to him and her craft just got serviced, plus their earlier argument must have seemed like Hayate is deliberately trying to slight her.

Wait, how did Hayate a civilian, get up to the flight deck anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
It can be stressful being the straight man, especially when you're surrounded by 'colorful' personalities who don't seem to take anything seriously enough (in your excessively uptight, by-the-book opinion.) Mirage might have it both a little harder and a little easier than Misa, though; since she's not in a position of authority she can't throw her weight around with Hayate, but she also can't be held to a higher standard than he is either.
Mirage seems way too uptight though, I mean her squadmates are fairly normal or maybe they're just used to each others personalities and Mikumo did ditch her earlier plus Hayate calling her out earlier must have gotten her knot tight.

Maybe she's just holding her standards higher, her being a Jenius descendant.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Real life fighter pilots actually do that. SK got that while researching for Macross Plus in the US.
Huh, I knew Kawamori did extensive research but I never thought those hand planes were a real life practice, interesting.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 21:55   Link #45
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

Heh, Isamus hand plane sure loves showing up everywhere huh.
Real life fighter pilots actually do that. SK got that while researching for Macross Plus in the US.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 21:57   Link #46
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe she's just holding her standards higher, her being a Jenius descendant.
Well, remember SDF? Millia was the serious type and very uptight whereas Max was very easy-going and relaxed? Its coming back folks...

Quote:
Wait, how did Hayate a civilian, get up to the flight deck anyway?
He had an invitation from the flight leader.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 22:02   Link #47
xeviouses

Quote:
He had an invitation from the flight leader.
- Tak
True, but I doubt their meeting was supposed to be on the flight deck, Hayates tour guide did report to flight lead that she lost him. It seemed that he just found Hayate there thanks to the mechanics.
Old 2016-04-10, 22:32   Link #48
crimsonflair
Support Class

I think those Windermere pilots are going to be a bit surprised that one from their own race joined Walkure. Speaking of Walkure, the flag is raised for Freyja slowly becoming the dominant voice, judging by Mikumo's attitude during Freyja's analysis.

Sidenote: I guess the series can technically be called Macross Elysion if you go by the ship name. Although Delta makes better sense due to the Delta Squadron being a prominent group.
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 22:39   Link #49
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonflair View Post
I think those Windermere pilots are going to be a bit surprised that one from their own race joined Walkure.
Or possibly not, since it is very likely that Mikumo is one too, and more than passing likely that she has deeper connections to the Var syndrome and Windermere plots than is immediately evident. In fact, their sortie in these episodes (aborted while they were winning, at the protest of many of their pilots,) might have been to verify why Walküre are able to counteract the Var syndrome; 'traitors' might be something they are expecting.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 23:05   Link #50
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
Or possibly not, since it is very likely that Mikumo is one too, and more than passing likely that she has deeper connections to the Var syndrome and Windermere plots than is immediately evident. In fact, their sortie in these episodes (aborted while they were winning, at the protest of many of their pilots,) might have been to verify why Walküre are able to counteract the Var syndrome; 'traitors' might be something they are expecting.
Mikumo's hair could be a large Windermere...trait? (I really don't know what they are called.)
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 23:12   Link #51
ReddyRedWolf

It is a bit of a disappointment that with all these races we miss Human-Zentradi first contact with them like when they surprised us with the Zolans.

I wouldn't mind a OVA series where UN Spacy send ships to find and contact other Miclone races.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2016-04-10 at 23:27.
Old 2016-04-11, 01:05   Link #52
magnuskn

Grrr, need subs so that I can properly join the discussion.
Old 2016-04-11, 01:35   Link #53
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Grrr, need subs so that I can properly join the discussion.
Well an ASS file of it is out.

Interesting stuff. As I guessed the Aerial Knights are on a tight schedule. Of what I don't know yet. Windermere won its war for independence and has tight ban on Earth culture. Freyja may not be able to go home.

Space-Time Resonance ability coined in Macross Chronicle is a mouthful so they shortened those with that power like Basara, Sara, Mao, Sheryl and Ranka as Fold Receptor Factor. Freyja is almost as strong as Mikumo.
Old 2016-04-11, 03:28   Link #54
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonflair View Post
Speaking of Walkure, the flag is raised for Freyja slowly becoming the dominant voice, judging by Mikumo's attitude during Freyja's analysis.
Why can't they have a double center formation, like in AKB0048?

Center is how they call the main girl from an idol group, btw.
Old 2016-04-11, 05:20   Link #55
ReddyRedWolf

Since Wind is a theme in Delta I remember the response Basara gave Graham as to why he came to Zola... The Wind brought him there.
Old 2016-04-11, 06:11   Link #56
Elazul

9/10

I really enjoyed Delta's second episode. They almost blew away all my complaints about the overall light hearted tone of this show. Ragna has beautiful scenery, overflowing with creativity and the well-done animation heavily contributed to keep me hooked from start to finish. Story-wise, I really enjoyed how much they emphasized that both pilots and idols are risking their lives. In order to succeed on the battlefield fear must be overcome, and Freyja passed the test. Hayate, on the other hand, already showed some guts, but let's see how he fares in the next episode.
Old 2016-04-11, 06:19   Link #57
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Well, I don't think Walkure should have held auditions as they can just recruit Freyja Wion directly!

Meanwhile, I'll be curious to see if Keith Aero Winderemere has any runes hidden in his body as his surname might be part-Winderemerean. Also, seems that the Aerial Knights have no connection with the Var Syndrome for now.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 06:47   Link #58
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Well, I don't think Walkure should have held auditions as they can just recruit Freyja Wion directly!
They held auditions because they have no idea who has high Fold Receptor Factor. Walkure just got lucky that Freyja, who has FRF comparable to Mikumo, practically came to them.

As for Var syndrome its a may-or-may not regarding the Aero Knights. Why would they be gathering data of Walkure unit? Specifically FRF and on the time they were trying to combat the Var? Heck just before the Var Syndrome hit there was faint singing involved and the Windmerans all have Runes too.
Old 2016-04-11, 08:59   Link #59
ReddyRedWolf

Oh the horror at the realization Hayate and Mirage's relationship is reminding me of Isamu and Guld's relationship.
Old 2016-04-11, 09:19   Link #60
Hmm....

This episode is overall entertaining. More importantly, it's far less over the top than previous episode. This is probrably because this episode's content is a *usually quite boring* slice of life world building. So it balance each other out. I'm also impressed by amount of creativity putting into Ragna. Very good stuff.

Quote:
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ANIMAL? A CAT DOLPHIN?!
I find it ironically hilarious. In Thai, we call a seal, "water cat" (not sure about Japanese). So yeah, that creature is definitely a seal.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote