AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2023-01-17, 04:05   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Andor is pretty great. That or The Mandalorian is a tough call.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-25, 23:00   Link #42
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well after 3 episodes of Andor I'm good enough to say that this is the best Star Wars has been in years. It's ironic that some of the best Star Wars content either has no Jedi involved or barely has them in there. Hope that Mandalorian S3 continues the trend.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-26, 00:07   Link #43
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there will be Grogu, who may become a Mandalorian Jedi someday in the future (like Rey's Jedi in terms of timeline). If the various shows are establishing a larger plot (Heir to the Empire like) that there is a chance of seeing Ahsoka and perhaps Erza at some point...though more likely in Season Four of the Mandalorian since that will take place after Ahsoka's series.

Still unclear what Skeleton Crew will be about, but it is supposed to take place in the same timeframe as Ahsoka, Book of Boba Fett, and The Mandalorian. Plus there is another project code named Ghost Track 17 by the same producers of The Mandolorian, which I suspect might be a spin off from Ahsoka with the remaining Rebels characters to fill in the gap left by the cancelled Rangers of the New Republic series.

The is The Acolyte, which is a High Republic series that will definately feature Jedi.
Old 2023-01-26, 01:30   Link #44
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm actually interested in the Ahsoka series and seeing Ezra Bridger again. Although I did like the Kenobi miniseries, Star Wars that focused on Jedi has not reached the same heights of their non-Jedi counterparts in the past few years.

As good as the final season of Clone Wars was and that at least 2 episodes of Visions were great, the recent trilogy had undoubtedly left a bad taste in people mouths about Jedi related stories. Rogue One proved you could make a great Star Wars story with little to know Jedi presence. Sometimes blasters are better off seen that lightsabers.
Old 2023-03-01, 13:11   Link #45
Blaat

Either Andor was too good for Star Wars and is making every thing else looks bad or the first episode of Mandalorian season 3 was simply bad. A rough first episode IMO.
Old 2023-03-01, 17:31   Link #46
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Either Andor was too good for Star Wars and is making every thing else looks bad or the first episode of Mandalorian season 3 was simply bad. A rough first episode IMO.
Probably the former imo.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-01, 18:51   Link #47
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh, I had forgotten this came out today. Will watch tomorrow if I don't forget again. Never watched Andor so I'm good.
Old 2023-03-01, 23:16   Link #48
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I didn't watch and have no intention to watch Book of Boba because everyone shits on it, yet they also say you need to watch it to get where Mando Season 3 is going? Man.

People should probably treat Andor as more the exception than the rule, because if you compare SW series to Andor all the time, you'll never probably be satisfied.
Old 2023-03-02, 07:24   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I didn't watch and have no intention to watch Book of Boba because everyone shits on it, yet they also say you need to watch it to get where Mando Season 3 is going? Man.
You need to watch episode 5 and 6 which are entirely about Mando and are great. And bits and pieces of episode 7.

I assume there's most likely a recap at the beginning of S3, but those episodes are really worth watching.
Old 2023-03-02, 09:16   Link #50
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh, I had forgotten this came out today. Will watch tomorrow if I don't forget again. Never watched Andor so I'm good.
You should do yourself a favour and watch Andor, it's great.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-02, 11:08   Link #51
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I think I actually liked Book of Boba better than Obi Wan. Its flawed but still entertaining and for better or worse important to the Mando-verse.

Anyway its nice to see Bo-Katan again and hopefully she figures prominently in the season. They dealt with the Cara Dune thing admirably as well, leaving her story open for a graphic novel or something.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-02, 19:15   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ok, I was wrong. There's barely a recap at the beginning of S3, and it doesn't get into why Grogu is with Mando again at all. People who skipped Boba Fett will be super confused.

Do we know anything about the timeline? It seems like quite a bit of time has passed since the first season, more than I was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
You should do yourself a favour and watch Andor, it's great.
I'll probably get to it eventually, but now that I've missed the train and the second season apparently won't come out for a long while, I'm in no hurry.
Old 2023-03-02, 19:40   Link #53
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The timeline hasn't been fully clarified yet. But it is clear time has passed given how good Navarro looks. Maybe two years since the series started. But that is a guess.
Old 2023-03-24, 16:54   Link #54
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well we got a longer flashback of Grogu's trauma during Order 66. Including how he got off Coruscant.

Unlike the second season, we don't know where we are going next.
Old 2023-03-24, 19:28   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well we got a longer flashback of Grogu's trauma during Order 66. Including how he got off Coruscant.

I wonder if the writers themselves even know. Some parts of this season feel like filler, like the majority of episode 3. We all knew how the doctor's story was going to end, yet they wasted 40 minutes on it.

Mando has no goals anymore, other than raising Grogu to become a Mandalorian. I hope Grogu will have a sudden growth spur at some point because IIRC he's over 50 but is physically and mentally 5 at best.

Bo-Katan is probably the most interesting character right now. She's starting to embrace "the way" and it's only a matter of time before she comes for the Dark Saber, which she deserves given how well she wielded it in ep 2. Mando isn't the leader type, the only reason he's even holding on to it is because it would be against the way to just give it to her.
Old 2023-03-25, 05:51   Link #56
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

He was saved by Jar Jar Binks lol.
Old 2023-03-25, 08:59   Link #57
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Its good to see Ahmad Best doing well regardless. Now do Jake Lloyd?

Feels like the Darksaber is tailor made for Grogu (well... aside from a size adjustment) but I'm still not sure how those ears are going to fit inside a helmet. I'm not really sure where S3 is going but I'd assume they're going back to Mandalore eventually. I'm curious if some of the more out of place stuff is setup for Ahsoka but we'll see.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-29, 17:47   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, there we go.

Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2023-04-22, 17:11   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Season 3's ending was a lot more conclusive than I thought and would make a very satisfying ending to the series. I don't know if another season's already been announced but sometimes it's better to quit while you're ahead. This season already had quite a few so-so eps. And honestly, I'm not sure where it could go from there.
Old 2023-04-22, 22:04   Link #60
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

More likely this is the end of Din's story and the titular Mandalorian switches to Bo Katan. Which is fine by me.