Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-31, 08:25   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Also, personally, other then anime I rarely watch shows weekly anymore. To many shows and to little time, to waste it on something I may end up disliking. So I wait to hear what the general consensus is before watching something, and I know I'm not the only person in that boat.
Thing is, you can still do that even if they release shows weekly. Just wait for them to end. The opposite isn't possible when everything is released at once. Weekly discussions and speculations are nipped in the bud.

I wasn't aware they're trying to phase it out, so I guess they are asking themselves the right questions. It felt like all they were focused on was cracking down on password sharing.
Old 2022-11-22, 19:34   Link #42
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Having read the manga I wonder how are gonna people react to this calmer side of Vinland Saga. Kinda like the village arc of Vagabond. I read that Yukimura already wanted the manga begin with the farm but his editor suggested the first arc to be focused on violence to generate a major change on Thorfinn.
Old 2022-11-22, 20:05   Link #43
kari-no-sugata II

I expect to see a vocal minority complaining a lot, or is that too predictable?
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-23, 10:17   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The anime releasing weekly will alleviate a lot of issues people had with this arc in the manga.
Old 2022-11-23, 12:53   Link #45
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The anime releasing weekly will alleviate a lot of issues people had with this arc in the manga.
Pretty much the anime is going to release 2 chapters per week, give or take compared one chapter per month for the manga this should make things bearable. Still people will still complain, they always do.
Old 2022-11-23, 19:36   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Pretty much the anime is going to release 2 chapters per week, give or take compared one chapter per month for the manga this should make things bearable. Still people will still complain, they always do.
They have a right to if they don't like it. It will be a pretty big departure from the first season after all, I think it's only natural that some will not like this new direction.
Old 2022-11-23, 20:05   Link #47
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They have a right to if they don't like it. It will be a pretty big departure from the first season after all, I think it's only natural that some will not like this new direction.
Yeah that's why I brought the divisive Vagabond arc which was about people working in the farm rather than fight samurais or ronins. In fact, Yukimura's previous work Planetes primarily focused on living in different lives from different perspectives rather than deal with too many difficulties in space.

For the side wanting more violence at least Canute's character might attract them.
Old 2022-11-23, 20:26   Link #48
kari-no-sugata II

Part of the problem here is that readers/viewers who liked the testosterone poisoned Viking slaughter fest generally won't like the more "peaceful" farm story. And the people looking for complex characters, character development, detailed settings etc would likely enjoy the farm setting but not so much the story leading up to it.

Personally, I enjoyed both. The tone shift is actually more subtle than it might seem at first.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-24, 14:50   Link #49
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
And the people looking for complex characters, character development, detailed settings etc would likely enjoy the farm setting but not so much the story leading up to it.
I don't see why this would be the case at all. The first arc had plenty of that stuff. Askeladd was easily the most complex character in the whole manga and obviously he was exclusive to the first arc and won't be around in season 2.

Just because one story has more action than another doesn't mean it automatically has less depth.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-19, 14:55   Link #50
Blaat

One more PV:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-12-19, 18:47   Link #51
Frontier

Quote:
One more PV:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Powerful stuff .
Old 2022-12-20, 09:44   Link #52
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

LYMK! Good choice. I love her ending song of Vanitas no Carte
Old 2022-12-20, 19:26   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
LYMK! Good choice. I love her ending song of Vanitas no Carte
Me too. My favorite ED of the year along with Made in Abyss.
Old 2023-01-09, 06:57   Link #54
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Confirmed for 24 episodes. No mention of a split cour but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-09, 10:05   Link #55
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Confirmed for 24 episodes. No mention of a split cour but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility.
Either way, sounds good to me .
Old 2023-01-09, 12:09   Link #56
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2023-01-09, 12:44   Link #57
Blaat

I think anime only viewers got a bit of a sneak preview on why this arc was controversial when it come out. Slow pace and little to no action. I really enjoyed the episode will be interesting to see anime only viewers reaction to it.
Interesting to point out the scenes with Einar's mum and sister were anime original, I honestly I couldn't tell I mean I couldn't remember them but I just thought I was just being forgetful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Great news they will definitely cover the entire arc, if not a little bit more more.
Old 2023-01-09, 18:18   Link #58
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Man...why does this have to come out on a Monday during work hours (USA West Coast)? At least I know what I'll be doing during my lunch times for the next several weeks haha.

Welcome back Vinland Saga! I've missed this epic show and the tone has definitely changed. It's more sombre, it's more dark and grim. Hope is lost, love is lost. There is despair everywhere. But there are glimmers of hope that pierce and shine through. I am here for the emotional ride!

Opening and Ending are visually stunning and very befitting of the show - I cannot wait until the songs and albums drop. Episode 1 was more than I could expect.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-09, 18:59   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Interesting to point out the scenes with Einar's mum and sister were anime original, I honestly I couldn't tell I mean I couldn't remember them but I just thought I was just being forgetful.
I thought I had just forgotten too. I'm not sure Einar ever even mentioned he had a sister in the manga. I like that they added that because it creates an interesting contrast with Thorfinn, who also thinks he has nothing to live for but whose mother and sister are very much alive (probably).
Old 2023-01-09, 19:11   Link #60
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
I think anime only viewers got a bit of a sneak preview on why this arc was controversial when it come out. Slow pace and little to no action.
if the whole season will be like this then maybe better for me to wait till its done and just binge

Tags
historical, violence