AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-28, 18:52   Link #41
Nivek von Beldo

We got more answers to our question and they raised even further question.

Juri is pretty big in her relation her world and her family too, so the black haired girl did have access to a time stone and got trappped till Juri take her out.

Seems people of the Sect now noticed how Makoto and Tsubasa can move freely in Stasis

What a chapter and the teaser was big
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 19:12   Link #42
Irenesharda

I just realized something. The only person of the family that is still part of the Stalled is the sister, Makoto's mom. The Herald just killed someone again. Every time the Herald killed someone, that person's Specter went to one of the members of the family.
Who wants to bet the she gets taken into Stasis as well?

Also, I have a feeling that the Herald was actually an ancestor of theirs, that's why the Specters keep going to that one family line.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 22:06   Link #43
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^The only good anime so far is this, Ryuuou and the new Basilisk
Toji no Miko is great, too bad it's another gay anime
Stop giving us homo stuffs, Japan, what are you, America?
Did you watch the ED? I can't think of a more explicitly lesbian-themed ED than this one with its romantic visual exchanges, and mutual disrobing, between Juri and Shouko. I don't read manga so I have no idea whether a relationship between them is canonical or not.

How many Heralds must there be to patrol however large a radius the Stasis world covers? Do only Juri's family. and some small number of other people holding secondary stones like the cultists, have the power to enter Stasis? That severely limits the number of people who could attempt to injure the Stopped and bring down the wrath of a Herald on themselves. Otherwise you'd need a lot of Heralds. Even here, an organized gang of a few hundred marauders could pillage an area at perhaps the loss of "only" a couple dozen lives, unless there are many Heralds.

Do the Heralds protect against rape, I wonder, like that being contemplated by the guy in the convenience store. If anything, the thugs in this show have been pretty restrained, grabbing a few bucks from a store's till but not really exploiting their situation. Even young Makoto is doing a better job taking advantage of Stasis than any of the thugs.

I'm still trying to understand how Stasis works. When Shouko tells them they cannot go back, I think she means there isn't an unstopped world to return to. There's just the one world in Stasis, and nothing can change that until grandpa makes it so, right?

Also Stasis would have to apply world-wide (or even across the universe), otherwise its effects would be observed outside the Stasis field. Surely if nothing changed at all just in Kantou for an entire day, it would make the news around the world. Could outside observers enter the Stasis world and move about like Juri and company? It would be a field day for the televised media.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2018-01-28 at 22:20.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 23:14   Link #44
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

Do the Heralds protect against rape, I wonder, like that being contemplated by the guy in the convenience store. If anything, the thugs in this show have been pretty restrained, grabbing a few bucks from a store's till but not really exploiting their situation. Even young Makoto is doing a better job taking advantage of Stasis than any of the thugs.

I'm still trying to understand how Stasis works. When Shouko tells them they cannot go back, I think she means there isn't an unstopped world to return to. There's just the one world in Stasis, and nothing can change that until grandpa makes it so, right?

Also Stasis would have to apply world-wide (or even across the universe), otherwise its effects would be observed outside the Stasis field. Surely if nothing changed at all just in Kantou for an entire day, it would make the news around the world. Could outside observers enter the Stasis world and move about like Juri and company? It would be a field day for the televised media.
As far as we can tell, the Herald doesn't seem to be triggered by intentions of rape. But then again, we haven't seen anyone actually try to rape anyone who was stalled. So far we've only gotten idiot pervs who want to peek and touch. No one has actually attempted the act other than with Juri these last couple of times. But she's not of the Stalled and so not under the Herald's protection.

And yes, I would have to assume the Stasis is world-wide. However, it's less like the world is frozen, and more so like the Specters take the people they inhabit into another plane of being, another dimension per say. They are now moving at speeds so fast that the rest of the world would appear to stand still for what would effectively be eternity to the people affected.

As to how this works, what she was saying was that the Master stone that belongs to the Yakawa family, controls everything. It controls when anyone can enter and it controls when anyone can leave. The cultists and their group only have the Servant stone, which basically is just a connection to the Master. If you are attached to that when the Master is activated then you will go where it goes. However, it cannot enter and exit Stasis by itself. It needs the Master stone to do anything.
So, as of right now, the Yakawa family have all the power. If they can get all their family members together, they could leave Stasis and leave everyone else there.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-01-28, 23:21   Link #45
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^
Spoiler:

^
Spoiler:
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 01:19   Link #46
Kazu-kun

Quote:
There are other ways to get out of stasis. For example, getting hit by Juri's power.

Stasis isn't exactly a time-stop. Think about time as a stream of frames (like film) and Stasis as an individual frame in that stream. The people who can move in stasis are like trapped in that frame. They can move and live there but they're limited to that frame alone. Everyone else appears stalled in that frame but they're just fine outside of it.

That's why Juri's grandfather was so worried about getting kicked out of stasis and leaving Juri there. Even if her grandfather used the stone to enter stasis again, it would be a different frame of time, so he would never meet Juri again.
Old 2018-01-29, 02:45   Link #47
Irenesharda

I also have a feeling that another factor in how long the Herald can last, depends on how long it has been there. I mean, wouldn't one created in the last year or so, have a much longer lifespan and energy to it than one that is hundreds of years old?

The guy we see inside this current Herald, looks like he was from, at the very least, the 19th century. So considering he's been around protecting for that long, it's reasonable that a more recently created Herald would have much more energy and last a longer time.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-01-29, 11:00   Link #48
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The guy we see inside this current Herald, looks like he was from, at the very least, the 19th century. So considering he's been around protecting for that long, it's reasonable that a more recently created Herald would have much more energy and last a longer time.
I agree. And maybe different time frames are assigned to different Heralds and this time they ended up with one almost without energy. It would be an interesting concept if proven true.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 18:06   Link #49
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 4

Damn this just great stuff. I don't even remember Juri kicking arse like that but it was hella fun to watch. I did however remember the flashback scene and how Juri learned the futility of trying to stop time to save her dog. A very poignant moment.

I also don't remember the herald but man was that shrivelled torso creepy as fuck.

The only thing I wish the show did better is explain the two(?) different factions in these antagonist and how exactly they relate to each other because I don't know if I missed something or if we're not supposed to know just yet. But I really like how the antagonists are being developed and what they're thinking. Almost HunterxHunter-esque.

Last edited by Haak; 2018-01-29 at 18:17.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 23:45   Link #50
Wandering Soul

Quote:

The Hearalds don't seem to count sexual assault as harm considering how just last episode, some of those thugs were yanking up a woman's skirt and groping her. They apparently only react to serious attempts to severely harm or kill one of the stalled.
Old 2018-01-30, 12:56   Link #51
Blaat

Is Juri or her sister a Rose of Versailles fan? I can't think of another reason why a Japanese person would name their dog Andre.

Also I'm wondering now that Juri has knocked out some more bad guys from stasis is the sister is going to join them in stasis? That happened to her NEET brother and little cousin after all.
Old 2018-01-30, 13:02   Link #52
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Also I'm wondering now that Juri has knocked out some more bad guys from stasis is the sister is going to join them in stasis? That happened to her NEET brother and little cousin after all.
That only happens when someone killed by a herald
Expulsion by Juri doesn't do that
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 13:42   Link #53
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
That only happens when someone killed by a herald
Expulsion by Juri doesn't do that
I am getting a bad feeling that before the end one of the family members is going to have to become a herald. It seems to me that the herald is pulling in a potential replacement with every kill.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-04, 13:20   Link #54
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 5

I think the anime has now passed where I read up to because I don't recall any of this. And oh boy that was intense. Definitely feel sorry for Majima for having to suffer through that as a kid thanks to Ojii-san's carelessness, but it's good to know for sure now that she definitely isn't a bad guy and might team up with Juri as has been hinted. She sure does hang out with the wrong crowd though...

I got serious chills when I saw that cult guy just calmly walk into the room with Makoto in it with a knife in his hands. Here's hoping that Tsubasa didn't get a fatal stab.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-04, 14:00   Link #55
DemonneoPT

The Herald origin is finally revealed. What happened to Majima's family was fucked up. Just imagine getting caught in the Stasis world without knowing anything of it. You probably think you are dead or something..lol. That's scary! Tsubasa would have become an herald too if Makoto was not with him, since he also had those spectrum lines coming out of his back a few episodes back. Let's hope he will not die :/
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-04, 15:40   Link #56
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Episode 5

I think the anime has now passed where I read up to because I don't recall any of this. And oh boy that was intense. Definitely feel sorry for Majima for having to suffer through that as a kid thanks to Ojii-san's carelessness, but it's good to know for sure now that she definitely isn't a bad guy and might team up with Juri as has been hinted. She sure does hang out with the wrong crowd though...

I got serious chills when I saw that cult guy just calmly walk into the room with Makoto in it with a knife in his hands. Here's hoping that Tsubasa didn't get a fatal stab.
Yeah that was so creppy but natural among killers.

Seems the next episode come a fallout and seem Tsubasa...

Nice new avatar, Majima WTF face for that sex proposal as reward was so funny
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-04, 16:46   Link #57
Blaat

Quote:
Yeah, I also like the cult guy lowering himself so that he's not in Tsubasa's line of sight. I think it's safe to say that Cult guy has played Goldeneye 64 with Oddjob in slappers only games.
Old 2018-02-04, 20:32   Link #58
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Episode 5
Yeah, I was half expecting Tsubasa to find Makoto already having been stabbed. That entire sequence was tense.

Your new avatar was one of the highlights of the episode for me. Wasn't expecting that kind of joke.
Old 2018-02-05, 00:11   Link #59
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Nice new avatar, [Haak]. Majima WTF face for that sex proposal as reward was so funny
How ironic that Juri relieved Shouko of this obligation.

Juri drove the squids out of Shouko's body in the flashback scene, but we never see what happens to Shouko after that. An explosion fills the frame, and the director cuts back to the present. Was Shouko frozen like the men Juri attacked? (There was no explosion in those cases.) If so, then what? Did Stasis eventually end, returning Shouko to normal time but now as an orphan who experienced a horrible loss?

If the thugs can come back from Juri's power like Shouko did, then maybe she might have to pay that debt after all.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 05:03   Link #60
Kazu-kun

Quote:
How ironic that Juri relieved Shouko of this obligation.

Juri drove the squids out of Shouko's body in the flashback scene, but we never see what happens to Shouko after that. An explosion fills the frame, and the director cuts back to the present. Was Shouko frozen like the men Juri attacked? (There was no explosion in those cases.) If so, then what? Did Stasis eventually end, returning Shouko to normal time but now as an orphan who experienced a horrible loss?
Like I said before, don't think about stasis as time stop. Think of it as a frame of film. Those who get hit by Juri's power are kicked out of stasis. That's all there is to it. As for Shouko, when she got out, she was alone. Her family stated inside stasis as Heralds, remember?

Tags
amazon prime