AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-13, 03:35   Link #41
Tenzen12

Muscles =/= macho. You need at least 100 kg of muscles to qualify (that or being really short for your weight). Nightwing, never qualified as macho. That said outside Spidey or teen Titans superheroes comics are rarely targeted on teenagers alone or even foremost so it's bad example.(Also first Spidey was fifteen and became adult only after years of development, because unlike Ash Catchum he is not eternally young... )

Also retro adult hero is hardly safe bet when you want appeal teenagers and no amount of coolness will change that. Current trends are elsewhere. Actually they were elsewhere for several decades already. And that goes for both Japan and western audience.
Old 2017-10-13, 04:40   Link #42
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm with Obelisk on this one, I'd say Sword appeals to males in general, and in no way to teenagers specifically. As almost everybody has noted, he's a retro hero from the 80s-90s, and times have obviously changed. I can't imagine a hero like Sword doing it for modern teenagers and chuunis in particular, they're more likely to appeal to their dads actually
Indeed since Garo always appealed to the adult audiences.
Old 2017-10-13, 10:31   Link #43
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Muscles =/= macho. You need at least 100 kg of muscles to qualify (that or being really short for your weight). Nightwing, never qualified as macho. That said outside Spidey or teen Titans superheroes comics are rarely targeted on teenagers alone or even foremost so it's bad example.(Also first Spidey was fifteen and became adult only after years of development, because unlike Ash Catchum he is not eternally young... )

Also retro adult hero is hardly safe bet when you want appeal teenagers and no amount of coolness will change that. Current trends are elsewhere. Actually they were elsewhere for several decades already. And that goes for both Japan and western audience.
another big trait and difference for "macho" is which western heroes they are in majority/general not cowards or supershy or dense toward romance, like how sword looked by being a womaniser, which normally the mcs in asian in general are the super shy or dense or super perv childish.

i gonna say again, it's matter is the "age" of teens, we have pre-teens and early teens and later teens, characters too young or too childshi normally most of the times only appear to or pre-teens or kids or at best earlly teens(up to 15 at besr) while the characters looking more adult(even teen) are more common to appeal middle and later teens at last in western, this is a big reason, why characters like bats, superman, wolverine, spidey, hulk and even nightwing are the majority popularity not among adults but also teens 15+, they stop to see "kids as cool" and start to see that sort of characters much more cool and popular, the numbers don't lie, if you do any search you can see easy what sort of characters are more popular among 15+ ages, ofcourse this when we are speaking about western which is =/= from asian, by culture and by biology.

asian peoples in general are biologically more slim and small, less bulk muscle than western, due to genetic and years of adaptation for the place where they life, also they use a different scale when drawn whcih is 7 ad half heads while western is 8 heads.

well basically they draw characters based on they "own perception" of characters proportions and appeal, but really characters like ash, like kirito, while are heavy popular among teens and early in japan(and adult otakus), they are much less in western and more specific for some gaps like early teens.

no matter how you try to say "teens western love non macho characters(talking about males in general but also goes for females) will not work cuz numbers aways show which characters with the "macho style" still are the big number in popularity among they targets audience.

also to finish "macho look" =/= from age, you can have young characters like nightwing which look like a macho, no matter how i look a character like that is totally out of proportion for a "manga average male mc"
Spoiler:

if you compare nightwing with the big majority of shounen or even seinen, specially LN ones he is nowhere close to any kirito or natsu or luffy or others overal manga mc characters.
Old 2017-10-13, 21:11   Link #44
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

So episode two gives us the scenario of a Usain Bolt like character losing his abilities tragically and regaining them, only to succumb to Luke.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 23:05   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Episode 2 is quite good. I really really like the art direction, especially that possession scene. Like, seriously, Vanishing Line made the art & action direction in Crimson Moon looks like the work of toddlers .

Also, decent chemistry between Sword and Luke. Both have their faults but each of them also has good points in how to do their job. All they need is understanding and more cooperation since they make a good team. And the Afro-horror looks like a creepy sprinter titan . Well, horror is supposed to be scary so good job on that, animators. Also good job for Sword who's able to eliminate the horror more discreetly this time (with Luke's help).
Old 2017-10-13, 23:21   Link #46
xeviouses

Teamwork, Makai Knights bane.
Old 2017-10-13, 23:32   Link #47
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
another big trait and difference for "macho" is which western heroes they are in majority/general not cowards or supershy or dense toward romance, like how sword looked by being a womaniser, which normally the mcs in asian in general are the super shy or dense or super perv childish.

i gonna say again, it's matter is the "age" of teens, we have pre-teens and early teens and later teens, characters too young or too childshi normally most of the times only appear to or pre-teens or kids or at best earlly teens(up to 15 at besr) while the characters looking more adult(even teen) are more common to appeal middle and later teens at last in western, this is a big reason, why characters like bats, superman, wolverine, spidey, hulk and even nightwing are the majority popularity not among adults but also teens 15+, they stop to see "kids as cool" and start to see that sort of characters much more cool and popular, the numbers don't lie, if you do any search you can see easy what sort of characters are more popular among 15+ ages, ofcourse this when we are speaking about western which is =/= from asian, by culture and by biology.

asian peoples in general are biologically more slim and small, less bulk muscle than western, due to genetic and years of adaptation for the place where they life, also they use a different scale when drawn whcih is 7 ad half heads while western is 8 heads.

well basically they draw characters based on they "own perception" of characters proportions and appeal, but really characters like ash, like kirito, while are heavy popular among teens and early in japan(and adult otakus), they are much less in western and more specific for some gaps like early teens.

no matter how you try to say "teens western love non macho characters(talking about males in general but also goes for females) will not work cuz numbers aways show which characters with the "macho style" still are the big number in popularity among they targets audience.

also to finish "macho look" =/= from age, you can have young characters like nightwing which look like a macho, no matter how i look a character like that is totally out of proportion for a "manga average male mc"
Spoiler:

if you compare nightwing with the big majority of shounen or even seinen, specially LN ones he is nowhere close to any kirito or natsu or luffy or others overal manga mc characters.
Do you know how big is fan base of current main DC verse younger then 18? It is 2% percent. For marvel majority of Fandom is between 25 and 44 years. So yes you are right numbers doesn't lie.

And again Nightwing isn't macho, neither by build (though he it is fine one), nor by personality. Check your definitions Internet is pretty handy for that. Also he is pretty close with Ichigo. or Natsu
Old 2017-10-14, 01:37   Link #48
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Do you know how big is fan base of current main DC verse younger then 18? It is 2% percent. For marvel majority of Fandom is between 25 and 44 years. So yes you are right numbers doesn't lie.

And again Nightwing isn't macho, neither by build (though he it is fine one), nor by personality. Check your definitions Internet is pretty handy for that. Also he is pretty close with Ichigo. or Natsu
ok indeed internet is really handy to show me to not waste my time with some peoples, lets just disagree and don't waste time i really tired to argue with you on many topics, we just happy disagree and have totally different opnions and let's say the ammount of "ex girlfriends and love interests and sometimes sex partners" dick have probably only is defeat by his "in law father bruce(he learned very well that with batman how to be a good womanizer), but again let's happy different visions as you show

just maybe learn a little more about draw styles and cartoon please as i did.
Spoiler:

maybe that video can help you learn a little more about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChPexo0GF5s
now going to currently episode, was a really funny one, i really enjoyed it an feel sad for the black running guy, at first sight i was thinking which he was "the woman father" since he looked much more old when was in the wheelchair and she didn't really acted like being his "wife" or something like that and more like a daughter taking care of her father or something like that.

well lesson to learn, just go with your rehab and don't listen to "weird voices" from nowhere claim which they can give your "wish" 90% of the times this means or your death or something very bad at last.

also i liked how sword partner also work on the job he is basically a sniper using his power to shot demonic cool bullets .

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-10-14 at 02:10.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-14, 02:20   Link #49
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
let's say the ammount of "ex girlfriends and love interests and sometimes sex partners" dick have probably only is defeat by his "in law father bruce(he learned very well that with batman how to be a good womanizer)
Being a womanizer who bedded many women does not instantly make you a macho man. Freakin' Justin Bieber has screwed a hot bunch of ladies yet he is the very opposite definition of macho .
Old 2017-10-14, 02:28   Link #50
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Being a womanizer who bedded many women does not instantly make you a macho man. Freakin' Justin Bieber has screwed a hot bunch of ladies yet he is the very opposite definition of macho .
, lol one thing is you beddy freaking fangirls which don't care about what you are and are only after your fame or things like that another is when you can beedy many badass like you girls which are not just after your fame :P or "dick" lol, dick had a really good "teacher" for dealing with womans , that was one of the "big lessons dick get from bruce.

well the point is which he is neither a ultra virgin like 80% to 90%, neither childshi ore coward or dense or ultra per or any of the many mc manga/anime/novel characters are which make them look crap with womans, he goes in the "western way" wich is more manly and "macho style", which again is more like culture lol.

i
Old 2017-10-14, 03:07   Link #51
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
, lol one thing is you beddy freaking fangirls which don't care about what you are and are only after your fame or things like that another is when you can beedy many badass like you girls which are not just after your fame :P or "dick" lol, dick had a really good "teacher" for dealing with womans , that was one of the "big lessons dick get from bruce.
Being a womanizer doesn't require you to be macho. Most of the times, you have to be good looking and charming (at least to the girls). And that's what Dick uses and that's also what Bieber uses: charm. Also, Bieber didn't just bed his fangirls, he also bedded women who weren't originally fans of his. It proves you that being a womanizer =/= macho man.

Furthermore, 70+% of non-vigilante/non-villain/non-antihero civilian women that Bruce Wayne banged were also after his status and fortune too (not unlike what you claimed of Bieber), just so you know .
Old 2017-10-14, 03:25   Link #52
Blueknight78

Quote:
Being a womanizer doesn't require you to be macho. Most of the times, you have to be good looking and charming (at least to the girls). And that's what Dick uses and that's also what Bieber uses: charm. Also, Bieber didn't just bed his fangirls, he also bedded women who weren't originally fans of his. It proves you that being a womanizer =/= macho man.

Furthermore, 70+% of non-vigilante/non-villain/non-antihero civilian women that Bruce Wayne banged were also after his status and fortune too (not unlike what you claimed of Bieber), just so you know .
ok let's be pratical here from wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machismo

it is a very ambiguos term, which basically means a very manly guy.
then indeed you liking or no justin bieber can be considered a "macho"

about bruce well he is aware of that in many times he does that on purpose to keep his disguise of a playboy which only care of money and womans and also to bang girls and this don't change the fact which batman is also a macho, all you need to be a "macho" is have a very 'good look" for general womans and charims, is not just about being a "hulk look".
Old 2017-10-14, 03:40   Link #53
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
it is a very ambiguos term, which basically means a very manly guy.
then indeed you liking or no justin bieber can be considered a "macho"
Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!..ha....ha......ha.........ha. ...............

I've never seen anyone in my life who consider Bieber anything near macho, until your post above .
Old 2017-10-14, 03:46   Link #54
Blueknight78

Quote:
Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!..ha....ha......ha.........ha. ...............

I've never seen anyone in my life who consider Bieber anything near macho, until your post above .
well. it's not my opnion it's just more based on what is the definition of a "macho" since if you see the currently justin bibier after some "gym" and tattoos
Spoiler:
Old 2017-10-14, 03:59   Link #55
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Eh, he's lucky if he's on the same level as Zac Efron in Baywatch movie, and Zac is not even macho .
Old 2017-10-14, 04:00   Link #56
foxbox360
New Age Badass

It appears that the show are showing all the major characters before getting into the story.
Old 2017-10-14, 04:22   Link #57
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
It appears that the show are showing all the major characters before getting into the story.
Yep, and Gina's turn next week. Hope it'll be good .
Old 2017-10-14, 06:57   Link #58
Tenzen12

Pretty solid ep isode and it seems that Sword has pretty solid supporting cast around himself. I don't wanna jinx it, but it looks like keeper. It's good to see unconventional protagonists like Sword for once.

Oh and Justin could handle bit more the doses to start look like adult man (which is still step under manly man and several under macho). Not that I care though. I guess his boyish nature is what make him popular in first place anyway.
Old 2017-10-14, 12:09   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nice introduction help for Luke. I wasn't sure whether he'd be a makai knight or a priest. Priest it is. He has some pretty cool weapons, and his support is solid. He and Sword actually make a good team as they can compensate for the other's weaknesses.
Old 2017-10-15, 16:55   Link #60
MgMaster

The way this is paced for now, as well as the general atmosphere kinda reminds me of Darker than Black ~ mostly the 1st season with the episodic nature to start things off while we get used to the world & setting, with some elements of the 2nd (a young red head girl that's looking for someone that ends up cooperating with the badass MC).

And of course, that's certainly not a bad thing
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, garo, superhero