Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-02, 03:26   Link #41
BlankVoid

Send a message via AIM to BlankVoid Send a message via MSN to BlankVoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I was actually referring to his adult habits, like smoking, alcohol and smaller things like how to handle money. Usually these things gets sideline in other series.
To be honest with you if you give me some equations and question from a school test today, i don't think i would be able to answer it straight away. It doesn't matter how good you were back at school, if you stop using the tools, you forget how and when to apply them. And the worst thing is, you think you know how to solve exam questions, but you don't. however, you kind of insist you know how to solve them, because you were an ace back at school or got taught it in the pass.

Overall good series, but don't expect a pure comedy show. It does get serious in some parts and I applaud them for tackling some of the social issues in this mordern world.
see the thing was, in all 13 episodes, the guy failed at everything EVERY. TIME. and he was someone who got into uni and beyond. no matter how much you dont use something, you cannot regress that far back.

for me, the premise was interesting and relatable at first. but, half way through, the story slowly warped into a generic slice of life with exactly the rehashed anime archetypes you would expect in any other show. it redeems itself at the last half of the final episode, but really shouldve developed that part more throughout the series. overall, meh.
Old 2016-07-02, 06:35   Link #42
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

Well then.

Erm.

All in one shot, eh?

I guess that's one way to do it.

Prolly not the greatest surefire recipe for a forum thread's life, but hey ...
Should every anime do this?
Old 2016-07-02, 06:58   Link #43
Cerilla

Just watched up to episode 6. Some observation.

• I like how snappy this adaptation is. The story flows better in 20 minutes chunk compared to the meager piecemeal portion of the manga. The show also rearrange the story and remove the cruft a bit, which is welcome.
  • The BGM. That dang BGM. It's the epitome of comfy elevator music. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't, everytime I feel drowsy listening to it.
  • The cast is fun and bounce each other well. I like how the MC doesn't go to patronizing mode most of the time. Could use less of "Kids these days" antics, tho.
So far, I'm having fun with the show. Will continue to binge the rest tomorrow.
Old 2016-07-02, 10:13   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Watched up to episode 7, which I really liked.

Spoiler for 7:

The cast is really lovely. They all have great chemistry.
Old 2016-07-02, 10:42   Link #45
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I've read the manga. Does anyone know what chapter this series adapts to? (Or does it adapt the whole thing?)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 11:20   Link #46
Cerilla

Ended up binging the entire thing at the midnight. The series is very streamlined, but in the end it worked for their favor and making the entire thing a blast to watch. Solid 8 from me.

Seriously, go watch it. You won't be sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I've read the manga. Does anyone know what chapter this series adapts to? (Or does it adapt the whole thing?)
The entire firework festival arc ended in chapter 108. Yes, they adapt 100+ chapters in 13 episodes. The anime conveyed most of the main point to this point, though you might want to check some previous chapters to see the difference between version.
Old 2016-07-02, 11:24   Link #47
MCAL

Keep in mind non-manga readers that one chapter in relife is about equivalent to half a weekly chapter,so its more like they adapted 54 chapters in 13 episodes.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 12:07   Link #48
com_gwp

Just finished the first episode and I am loving this adaptation so far. Not only is it an incredibly faithful adaptation of the manga (which is very good) it also features some of best editing I've seen in ages. I loved the whole first 2 minutes of clever scene transitions to show us Arata's current lifestyle. And then there's also the incredible sound-mixing which uses the BGM to match the progression of the dialogue. This is the part where I usually say how I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, but now I don't even have to wait for the remaining 12 episodes to come out. I almost feel guilty for getting such a treat outright.

Certainly won't help the forum discussions like Flower pointed out, but I'm liking this "Netflix-Instant" styled experiment (even as I'm pondering on the rationale behind it). For a show as under-the-radar as this, I think it could convince a lot more people who were on the fence to give ReLife a shot instead of writing it off somewhere down the line.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2016-07-02 at 12:36.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 12:51   Link #49
SidVicious
Anime addict

Second season when?
That was soo good..
Old 2016-07-02, 13:11   Link #50
larethian

Pretty interesting and fun. I only just knew all episodes are up; I thought it was a mistake. So guess I should avoid the thread until I'm done lol.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 15:33   Link #51
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Certainly won't help the forum discussions like Flower pointed out, but I'm liking this "Netflix-Instant" styled experiment (even as I'm pondering on the rationale behind it).
If they had gone the usual weekly route, there may have been quite a few folks who dropped between eps 5-7, and overall sales would have been impacted. Also they can get to the BD sales earlier (no need to wait months for the showings to catch up), and the free publicity just for doing something different.

Given it was unlikely this would have been an AOTS for most folks, it manages to draw attention to a decently done mid-tier anime.

My .02 worth anyway...
Old 2016-07-02, 15:55   Link #52
AB079
Banned

Well I watched all the episodes, also I'm one of the manga readers who was expecting this for a long time so here are my impressions.

First of all, Re:life is not a series that's going to keep everyone interested because its main topic is related to the real life of a person who needs to face the truth of the world when you start to work and fight to be recognized for what are you doing, especially this is taking the asian way of life and how they're so competitive that a lot of people ends on being a NEET or even killing themselves (as we already know the suicide rate is really high on asian countries like Japan as one of the best examples, not only among the highschools students, the adults suffer the same), so I don't expect everyone to understand what is going on here.

Arata as the main character has a really good development, when the truth about his situation is revealed everything make sense and with this, the Re:Life proyect which wants to help these people with problems to go back to the society and finally overcome their psicological problems. He's mainly a character that has a deep wound that is not close yet but the people around him, especially Hishiro helps him to heal that wound little by little and even more, this is not only helping Arata or Hishiro, this is helping the other characters to finally be better and do what they need to do in order to be a better person.

I really liked this, and as someone who's working and need to deal with the boss and partners at my work, I feel like Re:Life captured that. Leaving aside the animation which was quite bad sometimes, the series did a good job adapting the manga and showing the meaning of the Re:Live proyect. My final rate is a 8/10 to this adaptation.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 21:35   Link #53
Peanutbutter

What the hell, an entire series in one shot? I never seen a series like this. How long was spent developing this?

Never read any source and I'm gonna start from the beginning first episode, and ya, looks like this thread won't last long.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 22:16   Link #54
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
If they had gone the usual weekly route, there may have been quite a few folks who dropped between eps 5-7, and overall sales would have been impacted. Also they can get to the BD sales earlier (no need to wait months for the showings to catch up), and the free publicity just for doing something different.

Given it was unlikely this would have been an AOTS for most folks, it manages to draw attention to a decently done mid-tier anime.

My .02 worth anyway...
I agree it generates interest in what would otherwise be a relatively overlooked anime, yet I don't think it's quite the key reason. A search on Amazon JP also shows that the home release is still sticking to the same release format as most animes do with 6 BDs; why they won't attempt a single boxset release is puzzling - is it to push comico further as described below, or draw out from profits from the release?

Considering the episodes were released through the comico platform to subscribers - this is where where the ReLife web-manga is also released - another suggestion is that they are using it to push the service ala Netflix originals style.
Old 2016-07-02, 23:35   Link #55
watisit

What did he take in college to not be able to pass maths? Almost all majors need maths in some form or another.

Also, if everyone's memories will be wiped there's no way he would be able to bring his friends on when he continues his life after that and it's more than likely he'll end up as a NEET again.

And he most definitely can't have a love relationship, which sucks considering we all know that's going to happen

In the first place wasn't he trying hard to get a job? And I'd think it's because of the two year gap between college and high school and his quitting after 3 months that looked bad during his interview, leading him to be unable to get a job.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 00:00   Link #56
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankVoid View Post
see the thing was, in all 13 episodes, the guy failed at everything EVERY. TIME. and he was someone who got into uni and beyond. no matter how much you dont use something, you cannot regress that far back.

for me, the premise was interesting and relatable at first. but, half way through, the story slowly warped into a generic slice of life with exactly the rehashed anime archetypes you would expect in any other show. it redeems itself at the last half of the final episode, but really shouldve developed that part more throughout the series. overall, meh.
At least in math you very well can.
I for example seriously doubt I could do curve scetching even if my life would depend on it. - yet things like these the majority of people won't need outside of school were all on his test. (You could see a lot of sin(xxxxxx) c(Sin)))) and so on crap there.

As for the other subjects - highly depends on what was on the test.)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 01:24   Link #57
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
What the hell, an entire series in one shot? I never seen a series like this. How long was spent developing this?

Never read any source and I'm gonna start from the beginning first episode, and ya, looks like this thread won't last long.
I'm kind of the same mind here, but at the sametime it is an intersting experiment if nothing else don't think?

I've only seen the first episode, but I liked it enough to the rest, just not sure if it is something that will stick we me because of the format.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 02:48   Link #58
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
What did he take in college to not be able to pass maths? Almost all majors need maths in some form or another.
Almost anything humanities-based? You don't use much in the way of imaginary numbers, trigonometry or logarithms in doing sample-tests, and so many things in university are automated in some way by excel or a program. You'd use it even less when you start working in a desk job. I'd probably fare as well as Arata if I had to go back to sixth-form.
Old 2016-07-03, 03:03   Link #59
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm not really sure what people are thinking here, but I'm 34, and I'm at the point in my life where it would be VERY hard to remember how to solve higher-order equations from high school. I'd probably struggle just as hard as Arata did, if not more, as my work these days don't involve ANY math at all aside from basic arithmetic.

And if Arata then went on to study a non-technical course AND work in a company that doesn't specialize in engineering or architecture, then DOUBLY so.

So yeah, it's not surprising he was struggling.
Old 2016-07-03, 03:21   Link #60
Peanutbutter

Finished Ep 2. I think I'll take this slow.

Regarding the test part, I'll mostly still be able to handle Maths, up till before university level, that is. It's part of my job.

But if it's the languages, humanities or even other sciences, I'm out.

(Gives you an insight how useful education is to actual society work eh?)
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote