2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 0.88%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-25, 14:33   Link #41
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
Katanagatari, also written by Nisio Isin just aired its commercial with this episode, so we have a lot more to look forward to. It's only a matter of time before Zaregoto, his most famous work gets anime adaption too.
I read Andrew C's review (many might have read his review of Bake linked in the first post of the general thread) of Katanagatari... let's just say.. scathing is being generous. He called the one novel a month release a gimmick that failed and was propped up by 30 pages of recap in most of the novels. Still he does have hope for the animated version since it could fix some problems.. like the 30 pages of recap for one.. anywayz I'm not looking forward to it anywhere near as much as I was.

Zaregoto's the one I'm really looking forward to now, hopefully it's announced within a year.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:36   Link #42
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Inviting her father to her first date and flirting with her boyfriend behind his back. No one can do it except Senjougahara.
Ah,, but here is the beauty of the whole stunt... Senjougahara just had her father's approval by letting him meet the guy she has fallen for. It doesn't leave any room for resentment and resistance all parents provide when it comes to their children's interest in the opposite sex. She just overcame the final obstacle. She is crafty as ever if you think about it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:39   Link #43
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I also realized that I didn't mind the lack of progression even one bit. Why, I wonder!
Exactly.

The series is really about Koyomi and his growth into adulthood.

So far this chick, sorry Se-n-jo-u-ga-ha-ra-sa-ma, dominates the show and Hanekawa follows close behind.

Senjougahara Fascination.

Indeed it has become a new fashion.

Koyomi will mature into a good adult with a woman like her beside him and vice versa.

I mean lets look at his choices so far, no longer is he merely content with just graduating. He wants to get into a good college. He has started to study
Spoiler for 1:
so that he will have a brighter future for himself and be more responsible toward Hitagi.

I have been thinking that in end it seems that no man can truly come to fullness without some woman dragging him out of the cave into the light. I mean personally my girlfriends all did alot for me growing up that I wouldn't do on my own because I was just lazy and didn't have anything to care about.

The flip side is that I am not so sure if it works the other way around though.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:50   Link #44
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Wonderful. What an excellent finale. Senjougahara...ah, Senjougahara. Sorry, I mean "Hitagi". One of the best "I love you" scenes I can remember.

Full credit to Saitou Chiwa. She and the animators and the writers made such a brilliant character. Shines like all the stars of the galaxy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:56   Link #45
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
The flip side is that I am not so sure if it works the other way around though.
It does! They are just too stubborn to admit and we do well not to notice the change.
Old 2009-09-25, 14:58   Link #46
Azuma Denton
~AD~

OMG...
A very romantic and humoric eps...
Nice finale of tv series eps...

Thank you SHAFT for not forgetting about Senjougahara Fascination...

And finally another voice except the main cast which falls to Hitagi's father.
We can hear another side of Hitagi from his father point of view.

Spoiler for insidethecar:

Are ga Deneb, Altair, Vega...

All hails Senjoughara Tore...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:58   Link #47
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I wouldn't call it perfect since the episode lacked Kanbaru, who is my one true Bakemonogatari love, but it was still a great episode. Though I'm not sure how I feel about being blindsided with Senjougahara after a long time without her, since I was expecting a continuation of Hanekawa's story.

Oh, and does the novel mention what Hitagi was whispering to Araragi during the car ride?
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 15:05   Link #48
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
I wouldn't call it perfect since the episode lacked Kanbaru, who is my one true Bakemonogatari love, but it was still a great episode. Though I'm not sure how I feel about being blindsided with Senjougahara after a long time without her, since I was expecting a continuation of Hanekawa's story.

Oh, and does the novel mention what Hitagi was whispering to Araragi during the car ride?
Maybe they decided to skip Hanekawa's story and put it in the remaining 3 OAD eps...

It will be a cliffhanger ending if they put continuation of Hanekawa's arc in this final eps of tv series.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 15:20   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I read Andrew C's review (many might have read his review of Bake linked in the first post of the general thread) of Katanagatari... let's just say.. scathing is being generous. He called the one novel a month release a gimmick that failed and was propped up by 30 pages of recap in most of the novels. Still he does have hope for the animated version since it could fix some problems.. like the 30 pages of recap for one.. anywayz I'm not looking forward to it anywhere near as much as I was.

Zaregoto's the one I'm really looking forward to now, hopefully it's announced within a year.
I personally think you should post about Katanagatari in the Katanagatari thread.

Quote:
since I was expecting a continuation of Hanekawa's story.
Keeping the arc title in mind, that's what we should get in the last three episodes.
Old 2009-09-25, 15:31   Link #50
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Maybe they decided to skip Hanekawa's story and put it in the remaining 3 OAD eps...
From the context of this arc, I think this episode is aptly inserted during Hanekawa's story. Hanekawa's problem is unique from the pattern that was established during the other girls' story. Unlike the other girls, Araragi is the very cause for Hanekawa's problem. By bringing out Senjougahara in this episode and in this fashion, doesn't it set up for some major development? Now that Araragi has admitted out loud he does like Senjougahara, how is he going to resolve Hanekawa's problem without making things worse?

I know if I were a shipper, I would have a field day with this episode in context to explain away the upcoming event on how Araragi will resolve things with Hanekawa.
Old 2009-09-25, 16:07   Link #51
Raiga
tl;dr

I love the two scenes where Senjougahara (sorry, I mean Hitagi-san) tries to correct her wording. Ends up just the same each time, doesn't it? XD Ah, I need to rewatch this later, I paused after the OP to do homework and kinda lost the thread of it by the time I got back.

Quite a nice way to end the TV broadcast. Lovely final scene there.
Old 2009-09-25, 16:16   Link #52
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
No, episode 12 is the third chapter (out of.. was it 8?) for Tsubasa Cat
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 16:38   Link #53
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:

No, it's the same as it is in the anime. It is apparently so risqué that it can't even be in print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
No, episode 12 is the third chapter (out of.. was it 8?) for Tsubasa Cat
Yeah, it is also the longest chapter in the entire series at 50 pages out of Tsubasa Cat's ~240 pages or so.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 18:49   Link #54
Clarste
Human

I find it interesting that while Araragi never uses honorifics when talking to people, he's too embarrassed to call Senjougahara by her given name without adding -san.

Actually, I find the way he talks to people interesting in general. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't calling everyone by family name without honorifics balancing in some weird level between distance and somewhat rude familiarity? The fact that he doesn't change the pattern at all no matter who he's talking to (except his sisters for obvious reasons) is also interesting.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 19:28   Link #55
guanin
Jiii~

I'm speechless. It's as if I wanted to cry after watching a very outstanding series(even though it hasnt ended, lol).

Spoiler for this episode:
Old 2009-09-25, 19:32   Link #56
NaweG
Just some guy

Subs are out, though from a group I'm not previously familiar with.
Old 2009-09-25, 19:39   Link #57
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Subs are out, though from a group I'm not previously familiar with.
Are they real, somebody?
qwerty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 19:42   Link #58
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty_ View Post
Are they real, somebody?
According to that tool that none of us HERE use, I should be able to answer that in about 10 minutes...
Old 2009-09-25, 19:42   Link #59
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by guanin View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 19:48   Link #60
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Spoiler:
No, they didn't do more than kiss. Senjougahara specifically said that she's still scared to do with Koyomi what the lowlife tried to do to her so she asked him to wait until she could deal with it. They did kiss, though.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote