AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-07-16, 16:20   Link #41
Izayoi Sakamaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It is rather dark here and there, but aside of that it's pretty standard fare, that can't offer much novelty, but depending on budgets should have some awesome battles at least.

Also it has one decent girl.
Is this Mari ?
Old 2015-07-16, 16:28   Link #42
cloud04
Scanlator

i hope they dont censor
and my guess is lapis? XD
Old 2015-07-16, 16:31   Link #43
AceTrigger

Quote:
It is rather dark here and there, but aside of that it's pretty standard fare, that can't offer much novelty, but depending on budgets should have some awesome battles at least.

Is it fanservice heavy?

And One decent girl...
Old 2015-07-16, 16:50   Link #44
cloud04
Scanlator

fanservice not that much
Old 2015-07-16, 20:41   Link #45
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

The first volume of this LN didn't impress me much. Sure, it got a few original ideas here or there and I like how the battle scenes were written, but overall I still consider it by far the weakest out of the 3 "magic high school" anime in fall, though that doesn't mean the series itself is bad. It just can't measure up to the other 2 (and again I am only speaking about a comparison of the 1st vols, of each LN, in mind, i.e. the first 4 or so episodes of the animes).
Old 2015-07-16, 20:53   Link #46
tsunade666

What are the other 2 magic high school for fall? I don't know the line up for fall yet.

I have read the novel and I will say its good.

it has a nice mix of dark, insane, crazy, harem and fan service too it. Though it also the nice ring of naive MC in it and it start slow if you ask me. But as the story goes. It gets better.

But this will probably 1 cour.

I wonder up to what volume they will animate. Up to vol 2 or 4?

Ikaruga is the best girl
Old 2015-07-16, 20:59   Link #47
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What are the other 2 magic high school for fall? I don't know the line up for fall yet.

it has a nice mix of dark, insane, crazy, harem and fan service too it. Though it also the nice ring of naive MC in it and it start slow if you ask me. But as the story goes. It gets better.

Ikaruga is the best girl
Actually in the afterword for the most recent volume the author confirmed that they are adapting up to volume 9, so it will be two cours. Tokyo ravens did the same thing.

The other two magic high schools are Rakudai and Asterisk.
Old 2015-07-16, 21:00   Link #48
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Ikaruga is the best girl
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

I think from vol 1 alone each, I like those two more than AM Academy.
Old 2015-07-16, 21:10   Link #49
tsunade666

I had read gakuen but I haven't read rakudai yet so I'm not sure on how to compare.

hmm... from volume 1 only... I find gakuen had better fight but I don't like the sealed power type of MC. I prefer the weak MC that needs special requirements to perform better.

I also love the crazy priest I wish they won't censor it or skip some scene

Though I don't like the MC much of antimagic but I like his fighting style.
Old 2015-07-16, 22:23   Link #50
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Why is that guy having his katana sheathed while pointing downwards?
Wouldn't that make unsheathing the blade difficult and cumbersome?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2015-07-16, 22:30   Link #51
cloud04
Scanlator

well his style is a rather specialized one, i still cant wait for him on the rocket launcher XD
Old 2015-07-16, 22:57   Link #52
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It only makes sense if his sword style involves unsheathing his sword as low as he can, which still doesn't make sense.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2015-07-16, 23:01   Link #53
moodie

idk why im getting strike the blood vibes (for no reason at all) but i hope this turns out to be better than chaos dragon
Old 2015-07-16, 23:05   Link #54
KainDulac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Why is that guy having his katana sheathed while pointing downwards?
Wouldn't that make unsheathing the blade difficult and cumbersome?
When I used to practice Kendo I always pointed my Bokken(and shinai) downward , my reasons were that when it was pointing straight sometimes I couldn't pull the whole "sword' out of my waistwhile when pointing downward gave me more space(and if you were fighting you could do start with a downward slash but that doesn't happen in kendo as battle start with both sides with their sword already drawn) the edge is also pointing up because because when you draw with the edge pointing down if you don't move your arm in a certain way the edge could end pointing up
tough take this info with a grain of salt because this is what happened to me.
Old 2015-07-16, 23:35   Link #55
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

I think from vol 1 alone each, I like those two more than AM Academy.
I actually prefer AM Academy more.
Mostly from the fact that both Asterisk and Rakudai focus on a tournament, which seems really overdone these days. AMA reminds me more of Index meets Hidan No Aria with a more grand storyline and interesting premise than your typical Tournament action fantasy harem LN #12367
Old 2015-07-17, 00:25   Link #56
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:

Is it Ikaruga?
Old 2015-07-17, 03:44   Link #57
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
I actually prefer AM Academy more.
Mostly from the fact that both Asterisk and Rakudai focus on a tournament, which seems really overdone these days. AMA reminds me more of Index meets Hidan No Aria with a more grand storyline and interesting premise than your typical Tournament action fantasy harem LN #12367
Eh, that's just based on the setting/premise. The "tournement" is not exactly what makes me consider Asterisk and Rakudai good.
Old 2015-07-17, 07:57   Link #58
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Is it Ikaruga?
Why are you ask for obvious
Old 2015-07-20, 12:45   Link #59
Strikefreedom117

I am so hype
Old 2015-07-21, 12:41   Link #60
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
The first volume of this LN didn't impress me much. Sure, it got a few original ideas here or there and I like how the battle scenes were written, but overall I still consider it by far the weakest out of the 3 "magic high school" anime in fall, though that doesn't mean the series itself is bad. It just can't measure up to the other 2 (and again I am only speaking about a comparison of the 1st vols, of each LN, in mind, i.e. the first 4 or so episodes of the animes).
Oho.
You've only read one volume so I'll tell you this.
Spoiler for Spoil for what the series is:
Closed Thread

Tags
harem