4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-24, 21:21   Link #41
rladls2121

What does Tatsuya actully think of Erika wearing "spats"?
Tatsuya said himself to Erika that it is "spats" she is wearing did he not?
If Miyuki was there hearing those words coming from Tatsuya?
Would not that be a cause of some misunderstanding?
It is just too funny the word "spats" coming out from him, and describe it as an strange clothing.
And from this point on, if Tatsuya ever discuss these things serious with other people in the future with that tone with "no emotion" of his.
Old 2014-05-24, 21:41   Link #42
pampz21
ShipCore

Bloomers....Goal.....
God!
Spoiler for Best Part:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-05-24, 21:49   Link #43
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Bloomers....Goal.....
God!
^ you still waiting for something right

on-topic: I will really love this arc ^^V

Last edited by kusabireika; 2014-05-24 at 22:14.
Old 2014-05-24, 22:13   Link #44
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I thought the engineer recruitment scene in the student council room worked well. I actually laughed out loud at Tatsuya's "All right, I'll be heading out then." Run, Tatsuya, run!
LOL that part actually made me laugh. XD

The episode was good, setting up for future events. I actually like Mikihiko, though Isori is just as fine :P

Developing flying type magic huh, the episode made it seem that Tasuya was just doing this (solving one of the 3 great magic conundrums) for shits and giggles. They should have at least made it clear that it helps with his ultimate goal of creating cold fusion LOL.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2014-05-24, 22:15   Link #45
SinsI

Ugh, that Mirage Bat costume... Why is Miyuki, that is supposed to be extremely beautiful, so plain? They should seriously fire the character designer.
Old 2014-05-24, 22:20   Link #46
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Ugh, that Mirage Bat costume... They should seriously fire the character designer.
I was disappointed in the costume too. It looked very childish to me. Like it came from a cheap coloring book. I was hoping for something more sophisticated.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-05-24, 22:22   Link #47
bakato

Quote:
Ugh, that Mirage Bat costume... Why is Miyuki, that is supposed to be extremely beautiful, so plain? They should seriously fire the character designer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I was disappointed in the costume too. It looked very childish to me. Like it came from a cheap coloring book. I was hoping for something more sophisticated.
What's with all these negative responses? I thought you guys would've gone gaga over this. The costume is the same as the one in the novel.
Old 2014-05-24, 22:25   Link #48
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

In a world where decency is rule established by society, dressing up players like magical girls stands out too much.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-05-24, 22:28   Link #49
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
In a world where decency is rule established by society, dressing up players like magical girls stands out too much.
When did it ever say that? Decency only rules against vulgar, revealing outifts.
Old 2014-05-24, 22:30   Link #50
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
As for the new girls, Eimi bears a close resemblance to Love Lab's Yuiko Enomoto...
100% agree. Was going to post it earlier, but completely forgot the name of the series.
Old 2014-05-24, 22:39   Link #51
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
When did it ever say that? Decency only rules against vulgar, revealing outifts.
Yes, but that's not to say that Miyuki's attire is not revealing, tights or no tights.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2014-05-24, 22:40   Link #52
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Yes, but that's not to say that Miyuki's attire is not revealing, tights or no tights.
She's a fairy dude. That's moe not sexy.
Old 2014-05-24, 22:47   Link #53
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Indeed I agree, some of the characters just don't look right. Kanon for sure(I pictured her having any other color of hair besides that color, it's ugly as hell itself) the Red hair new girl too, I can't remember the name atm.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-05-24, 22:49   Link #54
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
She's a fairy dude. That's moe not sexy.
F-Fairies can be sexy too!

Old 2014-05-24, 22:59   Link #55
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I wonder how anime-only viewers feel about this sudden influx of characters?
I don't need to know who they are until they do something significant, so I didn't mind.

And Gary Stu, Shmary Foo -- I love the way Tatsuya is being portrayed. And I love the way his sister adores him (and he her). Extreme but not excessive, for me. It all has its own charm.

Thanks to Guest2 for the tip. I'll check out the manga or novel for the recruitment scene. It looks as if I can find the Chinese trans of the novel for that part. EDIT: And now the English. EDIT2: And now I've read the scene in both English and Chinese, and I still like the way the anime did it. Maybe because I saw the anime first, as others read the novel first. Or maybe just different senses of humour.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2014-05-25 at 17:12.
Old 2014-05-24, 23:20   Link #56
zztop

Quote:
The anime character designer, Ishida Kana, is ALSO the illustrator for the Mahouka novels.
So the designs will be consistent with the novel portrayals at least.
Old 2014-05-25, 00:10   Link #57
IceHism

I feel like they sapped a lot of the fun out of the scenes compared to the novel

I know Mahouka is very serious but please keep all the light hearted things too
Old 2014-05-25, 00:34   Link #58
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
The anime character designer, Ishida Kana, is ALSO the illustrator for the Mahouka novels.
Things that look ...passable... in B&W still images that are shown once or twice a chapter are not always OK to look at in animated and colored form for the duration of the whole episode.
Doubly so for Mahouka - since they castrate the hell out of the story, they should at least strive to make the visuals shine.
Old 2014-05-25, 00:37   Link #59
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
So why did Kanon go from brunette to purple hair then. Her face changed a bit too. I think so far she's the only character that has gotten changed.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-05-25, 01:10   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Speaking of hair, I thought Eimi's would be a more natural red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
So these kinds of things happens often in "Mahouka KouKou's" world.
Meh. It's been what, a month since the Blanche thing? Touma hasn't had a quiet week since he met Index.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
Ummm.. terrorism and criminal activity also occurs quite often in reality too.
But not to the same person...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
they just had a world war 3 so they still in the after math stage
That was before the character's births. They're in a cold(-ish) war now.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2014-05-25 at 01:21.
Closed Thread