AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-16, 22:39   Link #41
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Hey, I never said she does not deserve a punishment. She sure does.

And no, she is not goody goody. But not evil either. I would say middle ground, leaning towards bad right now.

But I'll be seriously depressed if she gets killed.
Some torture? Sure, she did ask for it by bringing so much sorrow to soldier families.
How could they torture Annie without she going Eoten?
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 22:47   Link #42
Phyrexian Megaduck
Mind Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Well, it's been established that titan-shifting requires stamina, so I guess that could be prevented through sleep deprivation or through the denial of nutrition. Of course, I don't think it's been said what exactly happens when a shifter tries to break their "limit". Are they unable to maintain the Titan's body, causing it to dissolve? Do they simply die? Do they lose control of the Titan body with the loss of willpower?
Old 2013-09-16, 22:47   Link #43
kitten320

Duno, my point mostly was that I don't mind her getting some sort of punishment.
So no I'm not blinded.
Old 2013-09-16, 22:53   Link #44
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

even if successfully captured, after, the torture is to risk should be avoided because of the injury to the blood as it may become, right?
Old 2013-09-16, 23:00   Link #45
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Take her underground. Titans get their strength from sunlight; That is why Armin and the others were trying to lure annie underground and why she resisted going down their.
Old 2013-09-16, 23:02   Link #46
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Take her underground. Titans get their strength from sunlight; That is why Armin and the others were trying to lure annie underground and why she resisted going down their.
oh yeah I forgot this detail
Old 2013-09-17, 02:05   Link #47
darklegends8

kitten, maybe everyone is "trying to put your opinion in the trash bin" because it's incredibly biased. I can tell you're trying not to be sometimes by admitting it, but you still are making biased arguments.

For example, you're twisting Hanji's words. She didn't "open up" to the titans, she became obsessed with them out of curiosity. As for her saying things may not be what they seem, that's a pretty vague statement that you're intentionally changing the meaning of to defend Annie with.
Old 2013-09-17, 04:09   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
The lack of sunlight wouldn't have worked to keep her from transforming.

Spoiler for manga:

And Eren transformed from the inside of a titan stomach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Annie is a lot of things, but a kind and good person is not one of them.

She betrayed her comrades and brutally murdered their friends. I'm with Mikasa on this 100%, I don't care about how good a reason she thinks she has that's worth doing all this, she needs to pay!

She uses lies and deceit, sides with the strong against the weak, and then has the nerve to even wonder why she's failed to become a warrior?
Actually, she failed because she didn't do that enough. Because she spared Armin.

Quote:
Give me a break. Time to take off the waifu glasses and look at this objectively.
She was never their comrade. From the beginning, she was and is the enemy. It doesn't matter if they like or hate her, if she has redeeming quality or not, people should be able to recognize this. She's the enemy. She serves those who've already killed a significant percentage the human population, and are coming back for more.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 07:00   Link #49
Zburator

Oh, I'll sail my Annie/Eren ship to the bottom of the depths if need be. She's currently my favorite character, so I want to see her live through this.

Now, that I have clearly stated my bias, to the talk at hand.

Anyway, Annie currently is the most interesting character to me, she's a young girl who's grown up in who knows what conditions, but she seems to be holding a grudge against something. She's been ousted as a titan to the audience but her story is still a complete mystery.

She's a tough girl by some accounts, but I get the feeling that there is something behind her that's even got her scared witless, since she does not seem like a gladly abiding accomplice. Her goal is a complete mystery (since infiltration will be pointless if it was just to KILL ALL HUMANS) and the same goes for her motives.

Anyway, until her backstory has been completely clarified, most opinions can be considered premature.
Zburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 07:36   Link #50
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Well I hope they can solve her mystery in the next couple of episodes.

Endless "Cutting it close" Soul
Old 2013-09-17, 12:10   Link #51
LeoXiao
思想工作

I think what needs to be taken away from this is that you can look at any villain and see multiple sides to them. The fact that Annie isn't completely bad makes her more interesting (and perhaps tragic), just like it's more interesting to see a good guy who has flaws and has to deal with them. That being said, we still have no idea why Annie does what she does, and should wait until more is revealed.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 13:20   Link #52
Destined_Fate

Well its like real life war.

Each side believes they're justified in their actions.

If the smart Titans won out in the end than Annie would be a Hero. If the humans won out in the end than Annie would be a villain.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 13:58   Link #53
lateraldeath

Quote:
I'm not convinced the reason they took her underground is because she loses her power. The only tangible evidence for that was Eren in the well but that was explained by him not having a goal. My thought for their action was if they took her deep enough underground, she can't transform due to the physical constraint of getting stuck.

If you look near the end of the second opening, Eren titan was getting up with dirt and stone falling off his back in the city. The way the story is at right now you can almost say for certain it means he transformed under the tunnel. So sunlight can't be a factor.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 22:59   Link #54
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well its like real life war.

Each side believes they're justified in their actions.

If the smart Titans won out in the end than Annie would be a Hero. If the humans won out in the end than Annie would be a villain.
Except we don't know what the other side even is, or what their goals are. All we know is that whoever Annie is working for, had the gates broken and indirectly caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. They have not done a single thing (through their agents of course) to suggest they are just misunderstood, or simply fighting a war. What war are you guys even talking about here? The humans are getting wiped out, slowly but surely. That's no war. That's an extermination...
Old 2013-09-19, 03:16   Link #55
Zburator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Except we don't know what the other side even is, or what their goals are. All we know is that whoever Annie is working for, had the gates broken and indirectly caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. They have not done a single thing (through their agents of course) to suggest they are just misunderstood, or simply fighting a war. What war are you guys even talking about here? The humans are getting wiped out, slowly but surely. That's no war. That's an extermination...
They haven't really done anything to point to a motive so far. Annihilating humanity can't be the goal because that is too easy, it would simply be a matter of keeping up the assault, no reason to wait five years when you can can probably finish it in one. It's likely that they see the lives of all those humans less than, or insignificant compared to the major goal, so I won't refute their jerks (generally).

That said, Annie's own reasoning for being part of this faction is still unclear, whether it be idealistic loyalty or fear of reprisal is not even hinted at; which makes debating the topic of Annie's personality... difficult.

On a different note, I wonder if the berserk aspect is not unique to Eren. Annie seemed to be jovially slaughtering recon at some points and depressed at others, so "flipping out" might just be at thing for them generally; and I suppose Eren seems a little more crazy in his title form (dude was always a bit odd)
Old 2013-09-19, 04:08   Link #56
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Annie the smasher.

Annie the naked Titan.

Annie the sprinter.

Annie the cannibal.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 20:07   Link #57
kitten320

^She doesn't eat people so you can scratch cannibal part.

While she did bite Erd, she spat out his half.
Old 2013-09-20, 08:17   Link #58
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^She doesn't eat people so you can scratch cannibal part.

While she did bite Erd, she spat out his half.
She "ate" Eren though.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:01   Link #59
Zburator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
She "ate" Eren though.
Didn't swallow!
Old 2013-09-20, 09:23   Link #60
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Annie the smasher.

Annie the naked Titan.

Annie the sprinter.

Annie the cannibal.
Do you see her eating humans for the evulz like the rest of the mindless titans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
She "ate" Eren though.
If she swallowed Eren, then what for to kidnap him alive? Plus, you could have noticed that she hold him in her mouth.

But still... I think Annie finds Eren incredibly delicious... She just couldn't wait to doing something with him after when she managed to get out from The Wall with Eren. I can see why she blushed...
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters