AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-06-17, 21:59   Link #41
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Zodiac Aries View Post
yes so what ?
who don't hate China ? they're aggressor in asia, japan hate them, south korea also hate them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahan_Creek

maybe it's in Taiwan.
Umm, all of east asia's governments hate each other. It's not some single-sided issue.

The question is whether the book is being racist against chinese people specifically. It is not.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 22:37   Link #42
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Umm, all of east asia's governments hate each other. It's not some single-sided issue.

The question is whether the book is being racist against chinese people specifically. It is not.
i think he say that Ethnic Chinese is potrayed unfavourably which means the Chinese is Underdog and somewhat a bad guy.

even though you think that every country is bad.

I can say that China is the worst in this novel.
the world Terorist's leader is also Chinese.
My Zodiac Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 22:42   Link #43
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
yes so what ?
who don't hate China ? they're aggressor in asia, japan hate them, south korea also hate them.
And this is a compelling argument because...?

Nevermind that east asian relations are a lot more complicated than that, not to mention that neither S. Korea nor China are big fans of Japan's current government for its nationalistic posturing and glorification (and no apologies) of the atrocities accomplished during WWII. But so what, should we hate Japan too?

Sorry, in Far East politics, everyone are dicks.
Quote:
The question can legitimately be asked.

For example, name me one good portrayal of a GAAsian. I can't, can you?

It's one thing to show countries, politicians, and influential manipulators acting in a morally dubious manner. It's another to not even show one resident of a named country to be on the side of good, or to just be an innocent, even if they are basically just a "token exception".

For the USNA, we were at least shown Angie. Who had the GAA?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 22:51   Link #44
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post

For example, name me one good portrayal of a GAAsian.
one chinese girl, she's Heigu grandchild.

and only her, the other Chinese are dick and jerk also pedhopile.
Old 2014-06-17, 23:42   Link #45
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
And this is a compelling argument because...?

Nevermind that east asian relations are a lot more complicated than that, not to mention that neither S. Korea nor China are big fans of Japan's current government for its nationalistic posturing and glorification (and no apologies) of the atrocities accomplished during WWII. But so what, should we hate Japan too?

Sorry, in Far East politics, everyone are dicks.

For example, name me one good portrayal of a GAAsian. I can't, can you?

It's one thing to show countries, politicians, and influential manipulators acting in a morally dubious manner. It's another to not even show one resident of a named country to be on the side of good, or to just be an innocent, even if they are basically just a "token exception".

For the USNA, we were at least shown Angie. Who had the GAA?
Morisaki's side story.

Though I'm not sure why you used the word " side of good", as far as how I read the story, I don't consider any side good.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 23:47   Link #46
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Morisaki's side story.

Though I'm not sure why you used the word " side of good", as far as how I read the story, I don't consider any side good.
japan is better.
Tatsuya save the world and bring better life for magician.
Old 2014-06-18, 08:11   Link #47
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
yes so what ?
South Korea does not hate China.
South Korea's economic growth is influenced by the rise of China last one decade. South Korea's biggest trade partner has become China and the size of trade volume continues rising. Generally, South Korean public does not fear China's military power and its rising defense budget due to its alliance with U.S even thought military experts worry about it.

Some South Koreans have tendencies to look down on Chineses, so South Korean reputation in China was not always positive, but due to South Korean cultural influence, things are getting better. And, most South Koreans now accept the fact, China is no longer the China that they once knew.

The greater Asian alliance in Mahouka portrays one of possible futures in Northeast Asia. It is a majority belief, South Korea will make a decision between China and U.S. Some realists support idea of South Korea choosing China due to economic benefits. And, some experts support the idea of South Korea choosing the national security and sustain its relationship with U.S.. However, one common belief is, South Korea cannot remain neutral and gain benefits from both countries in the future because China does not want U.S. influence on Asia, and at the same time U.S. can always walk out of Asia. I think, it is totally upto patience of China and the policy direction of U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism
No actually, none of governments in East Asia hate each other. You will be amazed how many backdoor meetings and agreements are being made even this moment. Most of them prepare the most logical and efficient policies, but they are influenced by far-right or far-left NGOs, politically oriented social organizations, and politicians.

Going back to the your main point, I agree with you. I also do not see any racist comments against Chinese in Mahouka.
Mahouka is being translated and published in China. I am currently living and working in Hong Kong. You will be amazed to see Mahouka LN books at the bookstores. I know Chinese LN readers are very tolerant, but no publishers would purchase distribution rights if Mahouka has ethnic discrimination against China.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-06-22 at 07:15. Reason: simple grammar mistakes
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote