AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 6 8.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 18.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 33.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 21.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 8.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-11-08, 00:22   Link #41
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruezu View Post
Enjoyable episode...last part too with Koroko.

But anyone notice the drop in quality in this episode?
Whats with the floating can?
Floating can...? Isn't Mikoto holding it only her fingertips don't show since she's holding the rim while flicking it? o__O; Or it could be when Mikoto is drinking it while Kuroko is talking... hmmm...
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 01:36   Link #42
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
Floating can...? Isn't Mikoto holding it only her fingertips don't show since she's holding the rim while flicking it? o__O; Or it could be when Mikoto is drinking it while Kuroko is talking... hmmm...
I find the can oddly angled during the close-up, especially considering the way Misaka was holding the can (like a normal person would) prior to the close-up. You possibly also should technically be able to see at least her thumb in that shot. It could just be a weird perspective angle though, but I agree when Ruezu says the can looks like it's floating.

A look at the scene before the close-up for reference:

Then a look at the scene after the close-up:
Old 2009-11-08, 01:58   Link #43
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruezu View Post
Enjoyable episode...last part too with Koroko.

But anyone notice the drop in quality in this episode?
Whats with the floating can?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
I find the can oddly angled during the close-up, especially considering the way Misaka was holding the can (like a normal person would) prior to the close-up. You possibly also should technically be able to see at least her thumb in that shot. It could just be a weird perspective angle though, but I agree when Ruezu says the can looks like it's floating.

do you guys relize that this show is about Espers & Magicians? not to mention Misaka's electric based powers
Misaka could have generated enough electricity to turn her body into some kind of mangnet that would capable of causing the aluminum can to stick onto her hands or even causing it to float in mid air?

& don't forget that in this ep, that there is also an albility user who could turn aluminum into some type of bomb, A.K.A. the GREEN MART bomb

i'm surprised that nobody complained about the infamous INVISIBLE HEAD Touma animation error when Index was still running, its basicly Touma missing his head but still has his spikey hair left intact,
a forshadowing perhaps? that Touma can make his body turn invisible using his Imagine Breaker? but minus his hair?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 02:20   Link #44
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
do you guys relize that this show is about Espers & Magicians? not to mention Misaka's electric based powers
Misaka could have generated enough electricity to turn her body into some kind of mangnet that would capable of causing the aluminum can to stick onto her hands or even causing it to float in mid air?
I sure do hope you're joking, or at least aware of how ridiculous that sounds considering the situation.
Old 2009-11-08, 02:24   Link #45
xKeen

I'm not sure,aluminium can't be attracted by magnets...right?

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 03:11   Link #46
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Plus, Mikoto and Konori meet... unexpected, I thought it would be someone else... I guess they're too lazy to animate another character to mistaken Mikoto as part of Judgment? o_O Mmm, that's fine with me either way, now the anime is providing us with crack pairing to work with... 8D
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCman View Post
Just watched the 6th episode. The episode was okay. I just don't understand why the creators of the anime have entirely changed the sempai who thought Misaka was a Judgement member and get her to work as a judgement. The one in this episode reminds me of Kuroko's sempai in the flashback from the 5th episode (or is she the same person after all?!).
Quote:
Animation budget cuts, who knows... but yes, it is indeed the same sempai Kuroko and Uiharu has... Konori Mii... xD I don't mind Konori and Mikoto meeting, it was unexpected for me, I thought they would animate another one for this episode but oh well...
Actually the sempai from manga chapter 2 is in this episode except she switch roles with Konori on what they did. In the manga, the unnamed sempai was the one who thought Mikoto was a member of Judgment and Konori was the one who went to Green Mart. But in the anime, Konori is the one who meets Mikoto while the unnamed sempai goes to Green Mart.
Old 2009-11-08, 03:23   Link #47
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
I sure do hope you're joking, or at least aware of how ridiculous that sounds considering the situation.
why so serious? cuz its JC Staff! duh
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-11-08, 04:30   Link #48
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:

Lol. I find it highly amusing that you took the time to analyse it properly. Alas, it shall remain as the mystery of the floating can!
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 05:30   Link #49
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
I'm not sure,aluminium can't be attracted by magnets...right?
With Eddy currents, Misaka can make metal float... Kinda like her game coins being sent flying via the generator rule of changing EM fields...
Old 2009-11-08, 14:28   Link #50
Bombo
TSF Fans

I like the last scene when the judgment sacrifice him self for that girl
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 18:39   Link #51
dark-kyon

Quote:
This is the rare occurrence where I don't necessarily agree with what the majority feel about this episode, as I found it to be quite an enjoyable one despite just being a set-up episode. We find out a little more about just what it means to be a member of Judgement, we get hilarity from Misaka (I absolutely cracked up during the search for the bag sequence, more specifically when she began running up the hill and as far away from that "something without legs" as possible ), and we get a good last minutes at the end for a good taste of what's to come. We also find out that while Misaka (and to a lesser extent, Kuroko... they're a lot more similar than I thought at first... perhaps Kuroko is on to something with this destined love stuff) may have a inflated ego thanks to her prestigious "Railgun" title, she does have a more "normal" side, for lack of a better term. My one complaint is I don't really agree with how Misaka (and perhaps Judgement as a whole) dealt with the pointless assault against the mysterious bomber kid. I'm not saying she should have fried them like she normally would have, as that was the message Judgement was trying to get across to her in the first place; however, I don't think she should have just let them walk away scot-free either.

Ah well, quality episode overall. Looking forward to more Railgun next week.
agreed with you totally,this episode was very good,must say i am enjoying this anime so much.
dark-kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 20:44   Link #52
Joe_fh

All in all this episode was good since it showed us a new side of Misaka, showed us how Judgement works and how their jobs vary greatly and the pace of the episode was nice. The next one will be quite interesting and the happy and carefree setting that we have now (for the most part) will be changed really fast.

Quote:
This is the rare occurrence where I don't necessarily agree with what the majority feel about this episode, as I found it to be quite an enjoyable one despite just being a set-up episode. We find out a little more about just what it means to be a member of Judgement, we get hilarity from Misaka (I absolutely cracked up during the search for the bag sequence, more specifically when she began running up the hill and as far away from that "something without legs" as possible ), and we get a good last minutes at the end for a good taste of what's to come. We also find out that while Misaka (and to a lesser extent, Kuroko... they're a lot more similar than I thought at first... perhaps Kuroko is on to something with this destined love stuff) may have a inflated ego thanks to her prestigious "Railgun" title, she does have a more "normal" side, for lack of a better term. My one complaint is I don't really agree with how Misaka (and perhaps Judgement as a whole) dealt with the pointless assault against the mysterious bomber kid. I'm not saying she should have fried them like she normally would have, as that was the message Judgement was trying to get across to her in the first place; however, I don't think she should have just let them walk away scot-free either.

Ah well, quality episode overall. Looking forward to more Railgun next week.
I'll also nave to agree with that since it sums it up really nicely and I'm too sleepy to type.

And about that scene with the can...stuff like that happens^^
And Misaka's power is really crazy so there' no problem for her tomake the can flaot. She made iron sand which is practically invisble to form a sword, she can use her whole body as a magnet and she can do a lot more so making a can float is easy
Of course this wasn't the case but anyways
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 20:58   Link #53
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
I like the last scene when the judgment sacrifice him self for that girl
man! somebody has to make an amv for him, he's the man!! poor guy, i hope he's ok in the next ep
Old 2009-11-08, 21:02   Link #54
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Actually the sempai from manga chapter 2 is in this episode except she switch roles with Konori on what they did. In the manga, the unnamed sempai was the one who thought Mikoto was a member of Judgment and Konori was the one who went to Green Mart. But in the anime, Konori is the one who meets Mikoto while the unnamed sempai goes to Green Mart.
Lawlz, I guess I wasn't paying attention to the end of the episode, but it was <3 on my part that Konori and the unnamed sempai did switched roles... 8D More screentime for Konori, yes... 8D

And lolz, floating can, yeah, Mikoto does have magnetic abilities, as you can see with the iron particles in the previous episode... xP
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 22:10   Link #55
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Cute episode. Uiharu took the take the cake with her dessert though.

And what is with the preview? Do they like to ruin the surprise? Why do they do that!?

Quote:
man! somebody has to make an amv for him, he's the man!! poor guy, i hope he's ok in the next ep
Yeah, he'd have a pretty good chance for a date with that girl now.
Old 2009-11-08, 22:39   Link #56
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Yeah he acted so manly, if only he had an useful right hand ;_;
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 00:51   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
A good guy who did his job even under circumstances like that. Hopefully that didn't kill him. Too bad for him that he didn't have an ability that would be good against an explosion. At least he didn't freeze up and let the girl get hurt. If we're lucky will get a status update about him next episode.
Old 2009-11-09, 01:23   Link #58
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
That was a pretty fun episode, consistent with what's been presented so far.

7/10
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 02:49   Link #59
ReddyRedWolf

Misaka shows how naive she is when it comes to boy-girl relationships.

She thought the girl was being harassed. When in fact they were flirting.

Not that I can blame her as the types that try to hit on her are either hoodlums or stalkers.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 03:59   Link #60
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I've really enjoyed this episode. I liked it's slow pace, and Misaka-pretend-Judgement was quite humorous. Lol at the sempai? Maybe I'm being conditioned to like any episodes from this series, but I don't mind. I'm having fun after all.

Have high expectation of next episode.