2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-19, 07:45   Link #41
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Krusty don't seem to mind losing his memories as much as the others. Perhaps he had an unpleasant past?

Minori is a Miko-In-Training literally. We always see in Fantasy animes that the Miko has the precognitive abilities or could predict the future, but they were always referred as 'magic' and doesn't usually require hard work. I really like seeing Minori's changes towards that ideal Miko not through supernatural abilities but her intelligence and hard work.

Speaking of which, what IS the rewards for allowing the Goblin King to be crowned so they could invade the land? In the game it never happens because people kill it too frequently for the event to happen, but surely the consequences and such must've been listed beforehand! Also it sounds ten times more interesting and fun (super war!) then raiding Goblin bases, to be honest.

The bard wants to run away. Why does this not surprise me? Lol.
Old 2014-01-19, 08:41   Link #42
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's probably not so much that the bard want to run away, but more that the bard has done the same math we have and figured out someone is in here way over his head.
Old 2014-01-19, 10:01   Link #43
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Speaking of which, what IS the rewards for allowing the Goblin King to be crowned so they could invade the land? In the game it never happens because people kill it too frequently for the event to happen, but surely the consequences and such must've been listed beforehand! Also it sounds ten times more interesting and fun (super war!) then raiding Goblin bases, to be honest.
It depends on the game. Such events are classified as dynamic events, which are triggered when a set of conditions are fulfilled and which follow scripted course. Games such as Rift or Guild Wars 2 have such systems. This is opposed to events in which staff from the game company spawns monsters in areas to simulate an invasion which would not normally occur.

From a game developer point of view, the event is to rally the players towards a certain goal. If the players did not succeed in completing the event, that is punishment enough. They made time to attend the event and did not receive any payoff for their effort. To punish the players further is pointless. There are monsters all over the place, making it more difficult to travel through the area, complete quests or access npc services. Not only is it dangerous to clear them out when they are all clumped together, there is also little payoff. Players who log in into the area would get swarmed immediately by monsters, which would only frustrate them.

Hence, it is better to simply revert the area back to normal after a certain time period ("The monsters celebrated their victory and went back to their hideouts"). Then let the players try the event again next time. If players aren't having fun, they will look for fun elsewhere.
Old 2014-01-19, 10:32   Link #44
watisit

Nyanta referred to the Sauhagin as blue goblins at around 4:24. So they are probably one of the tribes and participating in this mass attack.
Old 2014-01-19, 10:47   Link #45
Ickarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's probably not so much that the bard want to run away, but more that the bard has done the same math we have and figured out someone is in here way over his head.
This. She pretty much responded to /Haus/. She doesn't want him dying, as unlike them he won't be respawning at any Cathedral with death.
Old 2014-01-19, 10:51   Link #46
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
Nyanta referred to the Sauhagin as blue goblins at around 4:24. So they are probably one of the tribes and participating in this mass attack.
No, Nyanta was just relaying what the newbies were describing- the telepathy chat is only one to one. It's the newbies that called it a "blue goblins".
Old 2014-01-19, 10:54   Link #47
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

It's nice that the staff took the time to draw another outfit for Maryelle .
We can see that Minori is indeed Shiroe's disciple (too bad she didnt have a pair of glasses to put back on she explained her plan ).

Looks like next week will be time for the princess to shine.
Old 2014-01-19, 11:05   Link #48
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
We can see that Minori is indeed Shiroe's disciple (too bad she didnt have a pair of glasses to put back on she explained her plan ).
what kind of glass would look good on Minori?
Old 2014-01-19, 13:58   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Glasses have to be earned
Old 2014-01-19, 17:43   Link #50
SkoolRumble4Ya

Rudy why must you raise your death flag when Isuzu is trying so hard to prevent it. I'm glad Minori is stepping up to be a strategist like Shiroe. I hope she doesn't start wearing glasses, she looks better without it.
Old 2014-01-19, 17:52   Link #51
The Green One

An omake of Minori trying on various glasses only to get caught to her embarrassment in the end would be hilarious.
Old 2014-01-19, 18:38   Link #52
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Crusty reminds me of certain Fleet Commanders in EVE that keep their calm even in situations that'd make anyone panic. "Oh, okay, so we're going to die horribly and there's nothing we can do about it. Whatever. Now let's focus and do this..."

I'm also hoping for some seriousness when it comes to Rudy and that they don't just sidestep it. Not saying he should die or anything, but at least infuse some additional drama.

Old 2014-01-19, 18:49   Link #53
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
I'm also hoping for some seriousness when it comes to Rudy and that they don't just sidestep it. Not saying he should die or anything, but at least infuse some additional drama.
Given Isuzu's reactions now, before they even begun fighting and with the actual reveal still to come, I'd say we're in for something at least.
Old 2014-01-19, 21:08   Link #54
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Rudy why must you raise your death flag when Isuzu is trying so hard to prevent it.
Because he's a man. He's not afraid of... uhm.. a couple thousand goblins?
Old 2014-01-19, 21:15   Link #55
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Goblins are only 15xp according to the Monster Manual in ADD2. Now, thousands of them, that's a LOT of XP.
Old 2014-01-19, 21:40   Link #56
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Goblins are only 15xp according to the Monster Manual in ADD2. Now, thousands of them, that's a LOT of XP.
that's for low to mid level. high level can't get experience from them anymore.

if I remember it right level 90 need to fight and slay monster at least level 85 to even earn experience.
Old 2014-01-19, 22:38   Link #57
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Because he's a man. He's not afraid of... uhm.. a couple thousand goblins?
Don't worry he'll be the first one to run to the hills.
Old 2014-01-19, 23:42   Link #58
GundamFan

Quote:
Rudy why must you raise your death flag when Isuzu is trying so hard to prevent it. I'm glad Minori is stepping up to be a strategist like Shiroe. I hope she doesn't start wearing glasses, she looks better without it.
Yeah things aren't looking good for Rudy between the death flags, that seen in the opening and the whole pet zone thing seem like we should start calling Old Yeller.

As for Minor I can definitely see Shiroe mentoring at work but she needs to work on coming up with plans that are a little less suicidal but still going on the offensive isn't a bad plan given what she knows.
Old 2014-01-20, 04:22   Link #59
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what kind of glass would look good on Minori?
Hum IMO round frame would not work for her so square or rectangular ?

Quote:
Even if he started to learn team tactics, Rudy still think that the solution of all problems is more DPS...
Old 2014-01-20, 04:24   Link #60
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
that's for low to mid level. high level can't get experience from them anymore.

if I remember it right level 90 need to fight and slay monster at least level 85 to even earn experience.
Well, I am speaking as a former AD&D2 DM. Players have a tendency to look at XPs first then threat level later. Which makes for hilarious last moments.
Closed Thread