AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-11-04, 08:42   Link #41
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So far, all of the trailers for Wonder Woman have been impressive, which considering that BvS and Justice League trailers didn't do much for me says a lot.

Also, I'd totally pay for a Wonder Woman DLC for Battlefield 1

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 23:17   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

An early screening has been confirmed and some early reactions have come.

And according to an interview on Reddit with someone who already watched the movie, it sounds like WW will be decent at least. (take it with a grain of salt of course)
Old 2017-02-23, 04:48   Link #43
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

I just wanted her to fly.
Just that.

F"#$ you very much, Snyder....
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-23, 05:07   Link #44
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

"Some people are saying the story is similar to Captain America TFA." Well, duh. "Origin story set in a World War" pretty much satisfies that description right there. Also glad to see that Chris Pine apparently gets enough to do in the movie that some are saying he overshadows Gadot. I've always been a fan of his, and I'm glad to see that at least one secondary character in the Snyderverse gets to be more than a cardboard cutout...
Old 2017-02-23, 17:26   Link #45
Toukairin
Banned

Well, it was clear that Chris Pine would gather a good share of the spotlight if he pushed his own performance to the levels of what we saw of him as James T. Kirk.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 22:23   Link #46
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2017-03-12, 04:04   Link #47
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Well, if nothing else, DC sure knows how to make good trailers... I really hope WW breaks their chain of disappointing films. They need an unmitigated success to unapologetically copy serve at a touchstone for their upcoming vision. The future looks too bleak between the shitshow that everything coming out of JL implies, and whatever issues there were that caused Affleck to lose the director's chair for the Batman standalone.
Old 2017-03-12, 05:02   Link #48
B214

Pretty sure Affleck chose not to be the director. Well not really that surprising since he has lots of issues at hand like his wife wanting divorce etc.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 12:27   Link #49
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

His "stepping down" coming so soon after a movie he starred in and directed bombed doesn't seem suspicious to you? Pretty sure he was "asked" to do so.
Old 2017-03-12, 14:19   Link #50
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
His "stepping down" coming so soon after a movie he starred in and directed bombed doesn't seem suspicious to you? Pretty sure he was "asked" to do so.
The leaks suggest otherwise. That film was a vanity project and Warner had no expectations for it. Remember that Affleck himself said that "if the script isn't good enough, I would not direct The Batman."

The fact that he tried to make up an excuse for leaving the chair is suspicious.
Old 2017-05-22, 11:17   Link #51
Toukairin
Banned

The final trailer came out 2 weeks ago. I'm surprised no one posted it.

I'm quite pleasantly surprised to see David Thewlis in this, and he has a much bigger role than what people might have anticipated. After portraying William Stryker once, Danny Huston portrays Erich Ludendorff. I guess that Huston's inclusion is quite sensible once you read what kind of general Ludendorff was.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2017-05-22 at 17:17.
Old 2017-05-26, 22:21   Link #52
Toukairin
Banned

We have a little featurette on the making of Wonder Woman:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
I just wanted her to fly.
Just that.
Based on the most recent trailer and TV spots, she will definitely fly from the moment she discovers the full extent of her own powers.
Old 2017-05-30, 04:26   Link #53
saya_leviathan

The review embargo has been lifted. Looks like they're very positive as it's around 96% in RT. I guess this means that there's hope for the DCEU and more female superhero movies in the future.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-30, 06:48   Link #54
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I don't doubt it will be the best DCEU movie to date, but if there's one thing the last couple years has taught us, it's that RT ratings can't​ really be trusted. Especially the critic ratings, as so many are determined more by money or ideology than by merit or lack thereof. Viewer ratings still seem to be a pretty good indicator, though.
Old 2017-05-30, 10:46   Link #55
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I don't doubt it will be the best DCEU movie to date, but if there's one thing the last couple years has taught us, it's that RT ratings can't​ really be trusted. Especially the critic ratings, as so many are determined more by money or ideology than by merit or lack thereof. Viewer ratings still seem to be a pretty good indicator, though.
Unless the viewer ratings get spammed with "bad scores" on that same ideological basis.
Old 2017-05-30, 13:10   Link #56
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

No spoilers at all but:

WHOA!

DC managed to keep Diana a Mighty Warrior and Brave Heroine and keep her a sweet and adorable girl who is caring, compassionate and kind-hearted, and not a mean, violent, snarling masculine she-gorilla like Xena, Black Widow and Sarah Conor.
And make it convincing, no less!

Wow, never thought we would ever see a sweet-kind-motherly-and-adorable Master-Swordswoman like Asuna of Sword Art Online in a Major Live Action Hollywood Picture.
Old 2017-05-30, 17:30   Link #57
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
No spoilers at all but:

WHOA!

DC managed to keep Diana a Mighty Warrior and Brave Heroine and keep her a sweet and adorable girl who is caring, compassionate and kind-hearted, and not a mean, violent, snarling masculine she-gorilla like Xena, Black Widow and Sarah Conor.
And make it convincing, no less!

Wow, never thought we would ever see a sweet-kind-motherly-and-adorable Master-Swordswoman like Asuna of Sword Art Online in a Major Live Action Hollywood Picture.
This is a very encouraging post. Thanks a lot for sharing your take on the movie and it's lead character, YimW.

Between this movie's current scoring on Rotten Tomatoes, this movie's current opening weekend tracking, and YimW's post, it now looks very very good for this movie. It might not be a perfect movie, but it's increasingly sounding like a very good one.

Maybe DCCU has learned some lessons, and is about to turn the corner in a big way.
Old 2017-05-30, 17:39   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Maybe DCCU has learned some lessons, and is about to turn the corner in a big way.
After tripped and fell three times, I'll be surprised if they didn't learn some lessons from it .
Old 2017-05-30, 18:54   Link #59
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

OOh, Thank you Triple R

It is "lucky accidents" like these that make me glad Taiwan is used as "testing waters" sometimes up to a *week* before the official American release date, just in case a film may trip over.

Sometimes we get pleasantly surprised like with "Wonder Woman" and "Fate of the Furious"

Most of the time? Taiwan gets to see "feel good comedies" like "Green Lantern", "Ghostbusters 2016" and "Alien Covenant" a week in advance before it internationally tanks at the box office and globally gets taken out of the theatres

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2017-05-30 at 20:37.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-30, 20:51   Link #60
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
...and not a mean, violent, snarling masculine she-gorilla like Xena, Black Widow and Sarah Conor.
I can see that description fitting Xena and Sarah Connor (though not necessarily all iterations of the latter), but I thought they did a pretty good job of keeping Black Widow quite a natural, feminine (asskicking) character. Didn't Whedon even get run off of Twitter at one point for making her too human?