2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-10, 14:55   Link #41
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
I can tell who that "giant thing" is based on its voice
... after getting over the shock of the episode and thinking over it a bit... is that...

Spoiler for Giant Thing:
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 14:55   Link #42
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
I can tell who that "giant thing" is based on its voice
I wonder if it's Puck..lol. Similar voice and ice powers. But why would he kill Subaru? Where is Roswaal? What happened to Emilia? So many quetions not enough answers
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 14:57   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ignoring the troll baiting....because of course, this episode definitely knocked it out of the park. If anything deserved a 10/10 this one certainly did.

I say good luck to the rest of the anime year because topping Re:Zero is going to be a task.

This episode just hit the emotional points right on. And I do approve of surprises. Honestly I wasn't sure if Subaru was pretending to be crazy to just protect himself and stop having to participate in events for a while or if he had just plain shut down after seeing that tragedy. I was leaning towards total shut down since frankly it would be believable after all he's gone through.

No freaking clue how they can deal with this. While Subaru is boiling with rage, at least it seems well directed. That absolute psychopath needs to be put in the grave. I'm with Subaru on that point.

Credit to Rem. Just kept on fighting and fighting to the end. Even using the last vestige of strength she had left to save Subaru. She got the job done. All the credit in the world for getting that done.
Old 2016-07-10, 14:58   Link #44
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Yeah...Roswaal is always conveniently away when something bad happens (didn't see him dead when Subaru was checking the mansion).
What's up with that?
Old 2016-07-10, 14:59   Link #45
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
ther note:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Speculation:

It's interesting that we get to see what happens after Subaru dies. I wonder if it's a time leap backwards or if he is just revived in a parallel universe. The world appears to continue to exist even after subaru dies because you see the world fade out in the whiteout.
Syan48306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 15:02   Link #46
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
I wonder if it's Puck..lol. Similar voice and ice powers. But why would he kill Subaru? Where is Roswaal? What happened to Emilia? So many quetions not enough answers
My guess
Spoiler for Hmm:
Old 2016-07-10, 15:03   Link #47
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post
That's exactly the look I wanted to see. Finally I think Subaru doesn't have any more issues with indecisiveness and death. Go ged them Death Knight Subaru!

That scene with Puck at the end was also fantastic. Didn't expect him to be that scary powerfull.
Old 2016-07-10, 15:05   Link #48
HandofFate

ep15 was intense. O_O
Old 2016-07-10, 15:09   Link #49
Arkard

Took a look at the opening from the previous episode which showed a brief glimpse of Betelguese and what I'm guessing are the invisible hands he was mentioning this chapter. Aren't those the exact hands we've been seeing every time the Witch interferes with Subaru? *shudder*
Old 2016-07-10, 15:11   Link #50
Seihai
スマイリウム

This episode was so good I watched it 3 times in a row and there's so much to come. What happened to Betty? What the hell is Roswaal doing? What exactly does Puck intend to accomplish by calling forth Fimbulwinter (I'll just call it that because it sounds cool)? What's up with Betel asking Subaru if he is "Pride", further suggesting he's associated with the Witch Cultists in an indirect manner? Why is Felix so cute? So many things that I wanna see answered. Next week can't come soon enough.

Last edited by Seihai; 2016-07-10 at 15:42.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 15:14   Link #51
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
My guess
Spoiler for Hmm:
Puck Said in Ep3 I think that If something happens he will act "according to his contract".
Emilia also said that she has a trump card which Subaru compared to a self-destruct.
Now when we see her die(supposedly? I mean there's no way to be sure without the body) we see a zone of deadly ice that seems to be expanding over time?

So whatever he did here most likely is something he and Emilia agreed upon in case of her death.

Maybe if Emilia is severely harmed or killed, Puck is to literally cover the world in deadly snow or something? Would especially fit if she is the witch.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 15:25   Link #52
Sides

I'm a bit lost. At what point does Subaru respawns now? Is it after he had the big fight with Emilia, or it it before the submit to establish the candidates for the throne?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 15:26   Link #53
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I'm a bit lost. At what point does Subaru respawns now? Is it after he had the big fight with Emilia, or it it before the submit to establish the candidates for the throne?
It seems to be during his stay with military-waifu and Rem I don't think it is established exactly when, but it seems to be way after he messed everything up.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 15:29   Link #54
Arkard

Quote:
After he snaps and Emilia leaves him in the capital I believe.
Old 2016-07-10, 15:35   Link #55
Applehell

Quote:
After the fight with Emila with happened 4 days ago. At the present he's stayed with Crusch for 3 days now. The Witch Cult attacks Roswaal's territory in about 1-2 days.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 15:38   Link #56
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
That's exactly the look I wanted to see. Finally I think Subaru doesn't have any more issues with indecisiveness and death. Go ged them Death Knight Subaru!

That scene with Puck at the end was also fantastic. Didn't expect him to be that scary powerfull.
That's what I'm hoping. The most annoying portions of the show is him dealing with his internal strife and agony. Lashing out at Rem when she's just about to kill Subaru is one thing but brooding over his argument with Emilia and death's everyone's death is just gets old time and again.

I seriously hope he puts his foot down and mans up to what he needs to do.
Syan48306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 15:38   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
After he snaps and Emilia leaves him in the capital I believe.
I think it's around the point where Subaru was talking to the store owner about the candidates and Rem was left watching the store for a bit. Not sure if it was before or after that specific moment, but probably during that shopping trip.

Which is good since I don't think that argument should be lost. Should not get the easy way out of not having that argument happen.

Real question is how to deal with this situation. Those cultists are no joke. They have numbers, a willingness to die, and a complete psychopath in charge. Plus they are far away from the situation and Subaru trying to rush home before his treatment is over could lead to the same conflict we saw originally.
Old 2016-07-10, 15:39   Link #58
Wandering Soul

That was one well directed episode. Pretty much hit all the right notes.

If I didn't know any better, I would think that the last scene in the snow with Subaru being slowly frozen was the ending to the series.
Old 2016-07-10, 15:42   Link #59
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So that large thing was puck? I mean I had a hunch but is there any clear evidence of it?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 15:46   Link #60
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
That was one well directed episode. Pretty much hit all the right notes.

If I didn't know any better, I would think that the last scene in the snow with Subaru being slowly frozen was the ending to the series.
I know right. Looking at those credits rolling like the ending scene in a tragic movie.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote