AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think is behind the mystery?
There is a rational reason behind all of this. 140 74.87%
There is definitely something supernatural at hand. 47 25.13%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-09, 00:03   Link #41
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21
is anyone going to sub this series ?
cause i would really like to watch this and understand it too
I have a feeling that the ED song is what's keeping the sub from being released. I know I can translate everything in that episode, but that ED song is just a little... ^^; The deliberately breathy voice doesn't help either.

EDIT: With the help of some gods in 2ch + my own interpretations, here are the ED lyrics...... I think.

---------------------Ending Theme Song - "why, or why not"
To get my happiness I have done everything, but have done nothing to be blamed and accused of
The sound of footsteps became louder everyday, then I noticed the fact there was no time
I was a believer in life, to be myself always
and was asking whether I would be alive

Give me a reason why not to adapt in this way, or judge me to be guilty of so many incurable sins
Tell me why or why not, complaining way too much(?)
maybe I overlooked something fatal for me
---------------------

......Wow what's with this babblefish lyric ^^; But they do match Rena perfectly... Mion too.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-04-09 at 02:25.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 02:49   Link #42
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
I have a feeling that the ED song is what's keeping the sub from being released.
They fansub OP and ED songs too!? Wow, I learn new things everyday.

I have my cons against fansubbings, but can't they just wait until the CD is released for the actual lyrics and just go ahead and fansub the show?
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 02:59   Link #43
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I have my cons against fansubbings, but can't they just wait until the CD is released for the actual lyrics and just go ahead and fansub the show?
I agree. No offense, but the karaoke is not very important to me.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 03:19   Link #44
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

It's always been a standard practice to release fansubs with karaoke + translation of the OP/EDs. I guess it just doesn't feel complete without them. A lot of people like to sing to the songs that they like, and without the karaoke, it's impossible for those people who don't know Japanese.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the English lyrics I posted are 90% accurate, the last two lines were kinda odd though, but that's what they sounded like.
Old 2006-04-10, 11:38   Link #45
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria
Also, where would I go to get the sound novel itself?
You can also download the entire first chapter (Onikakushi-hen) at the 07th Expansion doujin site at: http://07th-expansion.net/Soft/Taiken.htm
Old 2006-04-10, 13:06   Link #46
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
but can't they just wait until the CD is released for the actual lyrics and just go ahead and fansub the show?
The lyrics to some karaokes do get revised when the official lyrics are out.

But in general first episodes take longer to come out precisely because they're formatting the OP / ED.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 23:08   Link #47
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
The lyrics to some karaokes do get revised when the official lyrics are out.
Even if the official lyrics are out, there is no guarantee with engrish songs in karaoke that they'll be adjusted to what's written in the CD outlet. Their English could be b0rken severely. :|

EDIT: Perhaps I should make a request to AnimeSuki staff to keep the original japanese title romaji of the series (preferably with the na), if they decide to list it.

Last edited by LytHka; 2006-04-11 at 00:07.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 01:20   Link #48
Thelastguardian

There is not sub for this series yet? I am surprised :^/ .

Of course, with those two ( ) fanning the oven this madly, I don't have much to add except

I don't think it is humanly possible for the studio to drop the ball for this story .
Old 2006-04-11, 02:03   Link #49
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
I don't think it is humanly possible for the studio to drop the ball for this story .
?? I think there are a million and one ways they can screw up the anime, everything from bad pacing to bad scripting to messing up/underdelivering on the critical scenes.

Not that I'm saying it'll happen, but Higurashi is probably one of the hardest stories to animate yet. The manga adaptations already had to cut out the "tips", and even then, they're still split up by the chapter and drawn by different mangakas. The anime has to play out each chapter in an incredibly short period of time (only a few episodes for each chapter), WHILE somehow maintaining the tempo (the game can start slow with each new chapter because the fans will have waited for months already, so they can slowly work themselves back into the "mood". The anime can't do that. "Resetting" the story after every couple of episodes will definately ruin the mood for the anime-watchers, not to mention the "wtf?" factor). Also, some contents are more important than others (Himatsubushi, for example, isn't nearly as important as the others), while others overlap, so it's very important to see how well they distribute their resources (episode counts) to cover everything properly.
Old 2006-04-11, 02:11   Link #50
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

One problem is definitely the lack of the TIPS factor, which is also lacking in the manga adaptation. While it may not be needed as the manga does a good job in portraying the creepiness, the TIPS are an important part of giving clues to the reader in the original doujin game. I don't know, perhaps they'll add something on those limited edition first press DVDs.

Another factor that might go wrong is how to maintain the pace. Too quick can make the story seem cheesy, too slow would eat up precious time for an anime slotted for only 2 kur. At the same time, they need to run through five or six chapters for the story, so that makes it all the more difficult.

Maybe if this was done by Kyo-Ani, I wouldn't be worried. But then again, being selected to be worthy of Kyo-Ani production itself is an honor www.
Old 2006-04-11, 04:57   Link #51
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
You can also download the entire first chapter (Onikakushi-hen) at the 07th Expansion doujin site at: http://07th-expansion.net/Soft/Taiken.htm
Oh! Thanks for reminding me that I downloaded the first chapter... I completely forgot about it -__-;;

Re:sushi-y, I sent them an email and they now list the two CD-roms on their site. The 19 dollar shipping fee for the first item is a bit steep though...
Old 2006-04-11, 08:45   Link #52
Edge
(*^ヮ')b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria
The 19 dollar shipping fee for the first item is a bit steep though...
Alternatively, you could try and dig up copies of the series via Yahoo! Japan Auctions using Akibado's auction service. However, be warned that it can sometimes take a while for the items to be fully processed. My shipment of goods from Comiket 69 took them about a month in total to process and ship out. Was definitely worth it though.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 14:55   Link #53
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramune
Kinda off-topic but does anyone have the source for this image?

Still waiting for ep.2 to finish downloading...

It's from some group called HKG Fansub Group. I see their releases on simplified chinese bittorrent sites.

It seems to be a simplified translation of the introduction to the anime. Lays out what was told to us by the first couple episodes. I think I read the Japanese version on 7th Dimension's website.
Old 2006-04-17, 22:57   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
PS: Rena's VA sounded very familiar...did she voice in another anime recently?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=438

Most recent works would be Strawberry Panic! & Utawarerumono.
Old 2006-04-17, 23:07   Link #55
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=438

Most recent works would be Strawberry Panic! & Utawarerumono.
No wonder...I was like, its Yuuna from Kage Kara Mamoru!

Thanks for the information.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 23:48   Link #56
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Gwah! She's also Maika from Magikano, Nagisa in Strawberry Panic, Mai in Mai Hime (and more importantly for the point I'm about to make, Mai Otome), Misaki in Tactical Roar, Chitose in both seasons of Amaenaideyo, and Yuzui in Utawarerumono (and literally tons of other recent series I'm leaving out). She's BUSY.

More on topic, I actually liked the first episode okay. The comedy wasn't great, but it seems like it's there more to offset the upcoming drama.

It has managed to fan my interest in the game.
Old 2006-04-18, 07:56   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
It has managed to fan my interest in the game.
I know what you mean, i've played a bit of the game a while back, but i think now i'll enjoy it more after i've seen the whole series.
Old 2006-04-18, 11:53   Link #58
Freakman

Imho, it'd be a better experience to play the game unspoiled than to play it knowing all of the major plot events.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 12:02   Link #59
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
Imho, it'd be a better experience to play the game unspoiled than to play it knowing all of the major plot events.
Not really, the anime i believed only covers a potion of the game and it is mysteries. The game would also be much more in depth.
Old 2006-04-18, 12:56   Link #60
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

spend several days in a hospital due to food poisoning, and I see that this show is moved to a different section...