AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-05, 13:46   Link #41
liujeffqi

Send a message via AIM to liujeffqi Send a message via MSN to liujeffqi
ya c72 is pretty good, also glad Galatea is still alive.
Old 2007-05-05, 14:16   Link #42
Seska

Dam it , i have a hole of chapter 70-71 now...
Old 2007-05-05, 14:48   Link #43
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Dam it , i have a hole of chapter 70-71 now...
If you mean you are don't know what happens in those chapters you can check the original manga discussion page near the bottom of the Claymore forum. There are chapter summaries for it in there.

The best part of chapter 70 is when Audrey pisses her pants as Riful is about to tentacle rape her and Riful says, "ewww, don't make my body dirty" . Riful's acting is pretty funny too since it's so over the top, sort of like "Oh no! Please, if you hit me with one more attack, I'll..." And when that second attack failed she says "Please, if you with hit me with an attack as powerful as the one you used earlier, I'll..." And after that fails, she lectures them on how that kind of attack is pretty useless once they lost the element of surprise and something like "You do have something else that may be powerful enough to beat me in one hit. What? Don't tell me you're don't have anything else." When coupled with her facial expressions, it really makes them appear really weak.

Here's my summary for 71 though

Spoiler:

Last edited by ickem; 2007-05-05 at 14:55. Reason: some additions
Old 2007-05-05, 15:33   Link #44
Seska

No no, i know of the summary's here, but i don't have the "raw pictures". if you understand now
Old 2007-05-05, 18:46   Link #45
mosmos
Awakend Of Course

Just found chapter 72 from a Chinese site.
If anybody wants raw and understand Chinese, just google "claymore 72" and you can find it in no time.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
If you mean you are don't know what happens in those chapters you can check the original manga discussion page near the bottom of the Claymore forum. There are chapter summaries for it in there.

The best part of chapter 70 is when Audrey pisses her pants as Riful is about to tentacle rape her and Riful says, "ewww, don't make my body dirty" . Riful's acting is pretty funny too since it's so over the top, sort of like "Oh no! Please, if you hit me with one more attack, I'll..." And when that second attack failed she says "Please, if you with hit me with an attack as powerful as the one you used earlier, I'll..." And after that fails, she lectures them on how that kind of attack is pretty useless once they lost the element of surprise and something like "You do have something else that may be powerful enough to beat me in one hit. What? Don't tell me you're don't have anything else." When coupled with her facial expressions, it really makes them appear really weak.
Thank you ickem for pointing that out, hehe... Ritful is mischevious and she said found something interesting/useful, I wonder what is that?
& Thank you for the summaries.

Last edited by mosmos; 2007-05-05 at 19:11.
Old 2007-05-06, 05:18   Link #46
zato_1one

Audrey pisses her pants? Back checking chapter70 again. LOL. She really done it!

That was a shame for number 3.

Galatea should punish her and taught her how to be truly elegant.
Old 2007-05-07, 01:14   Link #47
dee32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Claris seems like an experimental project to me

she's barely a claymore:

maybe they heard about Clare from Galatea and are trying to make another?

This is my theory on Claris. That the organization wanted to explore the mysterious abilities Clare displayed further. Since they though Clare was dead, along with the other claymores they sent to the north. So they took a piece of Clare's flesh and blood they had and created Claris. So this would make Claris 1/8 yoma instead of the 1/4 yoma that Clare is. I also think Claris is some type of claymore created for covert operations. Remember when Clare was sent on a mission to the holy city of Rabona. Clare had to take those pills to dampen her powers so she could pass for a regular human girl. If Claris was a claymore then it would have been more practical to send her instead of Clare. By sending Claris you have a claymore with all her powers available and some one who wouldn't arouse the humans of her presense. My only thing is can she cloak her pressense from yoma?
Old 2007-05-07, 01:24   Link #48
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
This is my theory on Claris. That the organization wanted to explore the mysterious abilities Clare displayed further. Since they though Clare was dead, along with the other claymores they sent to the north. So they took a piece of Clare's flesh and blood they had and created Claris. So this would make Claris 1/8 yoma instead of the 1/4 yoma that Clare is. I also think Claris is some type of claymore created for covert operations. Remember when Clare was sent on a mission to the holy city of Rabona. Clare had to take those pills to dampen her powers so she could pass for a regular human girl. If Claris was a claymore then it would have been more practical to send her instead of Clare. By sending Claris you have a claymore with all her powers available and some one who wouldn't arouse the humans of her presense. My only thing is can she cloak her pressense from yoma?
Considering how long it takes to train a Claymore. Claris was already in the queue when Clare was sent North. You could be right that she is experimental subject base on Clare but the experiment would have to have started before Clare was sent north.
Old 2007-05-07, 02:12   Link #49
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post

From the comments of the awakened ones who fought Nina and the others, though, it seems that warriors that retain some of their hair color have existed since the beginning. Also, from the conversation between Miria and the others, trainees that retain their hair color aren't all that uncommon, it's probably that they are just too weak to be promoted to full warrior status. I think Claris is just a character made to question the existence of Claymores within the organization. She has been already been shown to actually think about what they are.
Old 2007-05-07, 13:04   Link #50
Ch1kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosmos View Post
If anybody wants raw and understand Chinese, just google "claymore 72" and you can find it in no time.

Spoiler:

Thank you ickem for pointing that out, hehe... Ritful is mischevious and she said found something interesting/useful, I wonder what is that?
mind posting the results? pretty interested
Old 2007-05-07, 17:42   Link #51
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Just finish vol9 of the scan.

In vol9 Riful mention that Priscilla had left one little girl alive furing her rampage in the north.

Could this girl be Clarisa?
Old 2007-05-07, 17:59   Link #52
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

In vol9 Riful mention that Priscilla had left one little girl alive furing her rampage in the north.

Actually, from what I understood, Priscilla left all the little girls alive, because she couldn't see them, but I am not too sure why she couldn't see them.
Old 2007-05-07, 18:04   Link #53
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

Or maybe Ophelia.
Old 2007-05-07, 18:28   Link #54
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosmos View Post

Spoiler:

My theory is that she found Rushiella's body or Rafaela's body. That's the only reason I can think of for her to want someone that can control youki.

As for Priscilla, she can't see any young girls. They just don't seem to register in her brain, as evidenced by her ignoring of Clare right after she awakened.
Old 2007-05-07, 18:44   Link #55
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
As for Priscilla, she can't see any young girls. They just don't seem to register in her brain, as evidenced by her ignoring of Clare right after she awakened.
Any speculation on why that is so? I would think it must have something to do with her tragic past.
Old 2007-05-07, 23:43   Link #56
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeDark
Or maybe Ophelia.
Ah, good idea! I agree, Ophelia is a reasonable possibility. I think Clare might be possible too. Clare may have been wandering around with Teresa's head for a while, and it's possible some rumor got around about her situation.

Of course, like someone else said, the young girl could be someone completely unknown. If Priscilla on her rampage couldn't see any young girls, then I wouldn't be surprised if many young girls survived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Any speculation on why that is so? I would think it must have something to do with her tragic past.
Well, I don't think there are any actual psychological phenomena that can cause this. But...I have two ideas.

Possibility (1): Part of Priscilla's mind associates young girls with her own past as a young girl whose life was ruined by Yoma. Refusing to harm the young girls is because part of her refuses to harm people like herself.

Counter-point to (1): Apparently, she kills everyone else, so that means she kills the young girls' families. If she really didn't want to harm young girls because they reminded her of her own suffering, then she'd leave their families alive too.

Therefore, Possibility (2): Part of Priscilla wants these young girls to become Claymore. Perhaps there's still a small part of her--the part that hated yoma and what they did to her--that hates the fact that she is an Awakened One. And so she leaves young girls alive in the hopes that they will become Claymore and kill her.

Both of these ideas seem like possible explanations, and the counter-point to (1) doesn't seem strong enough to reject (1) altogether.
Old 2007-05-08, 09:06   Link #57
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

I'm just wondering ...
How come the Clare lost it (somehow...and begged to be killed ) when she awoken the last time ?
What i mean is , the "three Persons of the Abyss" and their underlings clearly are sane .
My point is , I don't understand why they all fear to completely awake . Is it because they will want to eat humans ?
Old 2007-05-08, 09:32   Link #58
Key Board
Carbon

once someone completely awakens their human side dies and instinct takes over

however, since the body is shared, the demon side also inherits the memory and personality and thus, will have some effect

Judging from what happened to Pris and Lucera I would say that someone would go on a rampage for several months before mellowing down. What happens afterwards depends on memories and the subconscious drive of the awakened

it also seems to imply that once someone has awakened they have reached a dead end in their progress (ie: they can't get that much more stronger)

but yes, I guess it would be interesting to see what happens if Clare fully awakens. Perhaps it would probably turn into somewhat a vampire manga.. for the better or worse, I don't know
Old 2007-05-08, 09:48   Link #59
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
I'm just wondering ...
How come the Clare lost it (somehow...and begged to be killed ) when she awoken the last time ?
What i mean is , the "three Persons of the Abyss" and their underlings clearly are sane .
My point is , I don't understand why they all fear to completely awake . Is it because they will want to eat humans ?
An FULLY awakened being basically considers itself as a ‘new’ species (this is what Riful told Jean in vol. 8).

And just like humans eat cattle an awakened being considers itself different enough from humans to treat them without any qualms as food.

It appears that after a FULL awakening their whole mindset is drastically altered due to their dominant Yoma mind. And almost nothing human will remain (except memories as I recall right) so that’s why the Persons/Lords of the Abyss are clearly sane they just don’t see regular humans as persons anymore just… food.

Therefore all claymores still sane of mind would rather die as a human given the chance. They all remember that they were once fully human before being altered by the organisation. And don’t want to end their existence being reborn as a monster who feasts on human guts.

In that light I don't think it is strange/unexpected that Clare ‘lost’ it and begged to be killed by Helen who she considers to be one of her friends.

Its not the fear of awakening, its the fear/despair knowing what she would become that made Clare eager to die.

I hope this explains it a bit if not their are probably lots of other plp who can provide more sensible theories
Old 2007-05-08, 10:29   Link #60
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

thanks for answering .
well , with what you just told me....it translate in my brain :
A claymore is basically someone with two entities in the body . One human and one Monster . The human will borrow powers from the monster to help slay the evil monsters .
What comes in my mind is : BLEACH !!! .
but joke aside , that brings me to wonder why Riful and whatsherface haven't fed on Riku yet...or...is it that his existence is so pitiful that they just don't see him as food , not even as a snack . Then why ...let him stick with them ? .
or is it that they plan on making him one of them.
In the end , a Awoken one sees human as food , but just like we see cow/chicken/cats&dogs (for some ) as food , some see them also as...pet.
Perhaps...that's what.Riku is to them....a pet .
But there also the fact that we don't feed when we see food.
Perhaps Yoma are actually even...hum..better then humans..in...some sort of way :S.
I think that what i'm trying to say is...I'd be a claymore , i know i would have awoken like..right away . Screw being human !
Closed Thread