ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
^ shut up you Erika fanboy
You just hurt my feelings~

To be put that low is such an insult

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Erika fanboy huh, I wonder if there are Mizuki fanboys?

But then of course, Erika is expected to be high regards as a character since the beginning.
She did something and happened in the Enrollment arc.
Her Popularity might have boosted up after her in a maid uniform in the current arc.
I think I understand why Mikihiko said it is a cosplay because it is really.
Her character itself is cosplay in someway.
Erika really stands out.

MikihikoxMizuki shipping is to be expected end of this arc maybe.
Mizuki is also very cute, more than Miyuki and Mayumi, at least to me.

In the first place, character like Miyuki and Mayumi are just to normal, they are fine but nothing more or less about it, and the anime made these two seemed more normal than the light novel version, at least to me.
Mizuki X Tatsuya do exist; if the third person exist; If you are a LN reader you'll understand this.

BTW girls are like coffee; Mayumi is like a latte, while Miyuki is an espresso and Erika being a Cappuccino.
PS: I dont drink those shets; I drink hard energy drink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalorView View Post
Main TWO ? sorry, but Your erika is not that popular. man
Sorry man popularity doesnt mean a shet in a shipper~

Shipping is a way of life

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-06-15, 08:27   Link #42
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
You just hurt my feelings~

To be put that low is such an insult
LOl, I was just joking . So what should we believe you to be?
Old 2014-06-15, 10:32   Link #43
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
There were a decent number of Mayumi screentime cut from the first arc of her teasing Tatsuya and Tatsuya being all logical straight man on her.

Same with Erika a bit.
Spoiler for sword:
I did read the manga, but I didn't remember that part. I'm not surprised things were cut; its definitely apparent that story between them is missing. Either way, the scene fell flat, and not just because Tatsuya is not emotional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
Was this episode really a competition ? That was so boring, that lack of intensity put me on the verge of falling asleep.
I agree. It seems stupid that you know who the competition is in Mari and Mayumi as an opponent, but you don't try to come up with a plan or anything. Even the 'morons' in bakaTest knew that if they were going to go against a stronger opponent, that they needed to have a plan. It's not like I expect BakaTest-levels of strategems used, just SOMETHING to show you have a semblance of intelligence =0\. Guess it doesn't matter if your cannon fodder. If it wasn't for Erika, I'd probably have departed from this series by now.

Old 2014-06-15, 13:17   Link #44
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I agree. It seems stupid that you know who the competition is in Mari and Mayumi as an opponent, but you don't try to come up with a plan or anything.
To be fair, there is not really something to be planned for in Mayumi's competitions. The task is simply shoot down as many discs as possible. Hard to do some strategy. And the tennis-like game was the same. Only in Mari's event was there the possibility of doing something.
Old 2014-06-15, 13:35   Link #45
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
To be fair, there is not really something to be planned for in Mayumi's competitions. The task is simply shoot down as many discs as possible. Hard to do some strategy. And the tennis-like game was the same. Only in Mari's event was there the possibility of doing something.
and someone did try to used self-destruction to slow her but failed

don't to mention most mage want to have good reputation unlike baka-to-test where they don't give damn about it
Old 2014-06-15, 14:09   Link #46
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I did read the manga, but I didn't remember that part. I'm not surprised things were cut; its definitely apparent that story between them is missing. Either way, the scene fell flat, and not just because Tatsuya is not emotional.

I agree. It seems stupid that you know who the competition is in Mari and Mayumi as an opponent, but you don't try to come up with a plan or anything. Even the 'morons' in bakaTest knew that if they were going to go against a stronger opponent, that they needed to have a plan. It's not like I expect BakaTest-levels of strategems used, just SOMETHING to show you have a semblance of intelligence =0\. Guess it doesn't matter if your cannon fodder. If it wasn't for Erika, I'd probably have departed from this series by now.
Magic is determined from birth. It's not an intellectual where studying will give you a chance and it's not a physical activity either where you can make up for what you lack with practice. Events like speed shooting are contests of pure skill. There's no room for strategy.

Besides, the point of this episode was to give Tatsuya's senpais time in the spotlight since they didn't get much action in the previous arc. Also, note the stakes announced by the announcer. If First wins the competition, then they'll have an undefeated winning streak three years in a row. In other words, Mayumi, Katsuto, and Mari led First to victory since they were freshman so this is a testament to their skills and taking gold this year is very important to them.

Last edited by bakato; 2014-06-15 at 18:04.
Old 2014-06-15, 14:44   Link #47
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Magic is determined from birth. It's not an intellectual where studying will give you a chance and it's not a physical activity either where you can make up for what you lack with practice. Events like speed shooting are contests of pure skill. There's no room for strategy.
I beg to differ with a certain first year.
Old 2014-06-15, 16:11   Link #48
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
You can make up but to a certain degree. But against talented magicians who don't lack training, normals ones have no chance. As long as it is only the Magic Power which is taken in account.
Old 2014-06-15, 16:25   Link #49
Ickarium

Teeechnically it is possible to use strategy to a degree, but frankly, it's unlikely any teams would do that on the prelims anyway. They'd save their strategies for the finals, where it'd make the most difference.
Old 2014-06-15, 16:32   Link #50
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

You can use strategy to go from a 80% performance to a 90%. But if you're against a 100% like Mayumi, you're pretty much screwed anyway.
Old 2014-06-15, 17:01   Link #51
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Valid points everyone, and I guess that's why I find this competition so bland thus far. Seeing the elite obtain overwhelming victories...well, pretty much what Arlia said =0\.

Old 2014-06-16, 01:24   Link #52
Mubyoshi

*Yawn* Good guys are too overpowered, I liked this anime at first, but now it's..... Guess I'll have to force myself to finish it at this rate.
Old 2014-06-16, 06:17   Link #53
Mentar
Banned

At least one treat for the suffering LN fanbase: Finally, one of the most fun and interesting characters in the entire show pops up. She has been getting extremely few animations so far.

Fujibayashi Kyouko, the "secretary"

Last edited by Mentar; 2014-06-16 at 10:47.
Old 2014-06-16, 10:39   Link #54
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the point of the ep was to show how strong the triumvirate actually is, despite not actually showing katsuto. their projection was "we're pretty much going to win everything these three are participating in." they've shown that there's a pretty big difference between the 10 families and the 100 families.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2014-06-16, 13:42   Link #55
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
At least one treat for the suffering LN fanbase: Finally, one of the most fun and interesting characters in the entire show pops up. She has been getting extremely few animations so far.

Fujibayashi Kyouko, the "secretary"
So that's who she is. I found her pretty interesting the moment she made her appearance even though it was brief. Hope to see more of her and the other military members.
Old 2014-06-17, 01:49   Link #56
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think there's a real problem with the animation itself. It seems this part of the arc itself is just boring. I mean, it's just some guys competing at sports.
Old 2014-06-17, 16:42   Link #57
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't think there's a real problem with the animation itself. It seems this part of the arc itself is just boring. I mean, it's just some guys competing at sports.
Sports anime (including stuff about CCG or baking) prove that it's possible to make such a thing interesting. It seems they didn't even try, here.
Old 2014-06-17, 17:20   Link #58
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Sports anime (including stuff about CCG or baking) prove that it's possible to make such a thing interesting. It seems they didn't even try, here.
They have to follow the source material though...
Old 2014-06-18, 01:40   Link #59
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It is? I've never heard of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
You mean they didn't do sports in the source material?
Old 2014-06-18, 01:55   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
No, that bit was just as boring in the novel.
Closed Thread