AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2004-03-16, 08:59   Link #41
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by klansm
If things goes like this, soon it will be One Piece and Naruto....
from what I heard people are begging for them to be licensed.
BanditKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 10:46   Link #42
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditKing
from what I heard people are begging for them to be licensed.
Yeah its really funny. You have a certain group of people who can't wait for some series to be licensed, and then you have the other group that bitches when something gets licensed.

I'm in the group that can't wait for my favourite show to be licensed. Why? Because i prefer watching them on DVD's than on my computer.

Sometimes i hear arguments that "i live at X, and we don't get anime here* But thats just too bad. First of all fansubs is illegal in the first place so complaining about it is like robbing a store and then complained to the judge that the store was wide open and no one was in it.

Theres tons of other anime out there to watch so its not really such a big deal.

You guys should try talking on the Animeondvd.com forum, theres so many people there thats joyfull that Chrno Crusade is licensed, and i'm happy too because its one of my favourite series. ^^

Oh, i think Aone will drop it btw. They dropped Mezzo DSA, and they don't do ADV licensed anime. So even though you see them doing ROD, they will stop doing CC.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 11:37   Link #43
Anlushac11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
Yeah its really funny. You have a certain group of people who can't wait for some series to be licensed, and then you have the other group that bitches when something gets licensed.

I'm in the group that can't wait for my favourite show to be licensed. Why? Because i prefer watching them on DVD's than on my computer.

Sometimes i hear arguments that "i live at X, and we don't get anime here* But thats just too bad. First of all fansubs is illegal in the first place so complaining about it is like robbing a store and then complained to the judge that the store was wide open and no one was in it.

Theres tons of other anime out there to watch so its not really such a big deal.

You guys should try talking on the Animeondvd.com forum, theres so many people there thats joyfull that Chrno Crusade is licensed, and i'm happy too because its one of my favourite series. ^^

Oh, i think Aone will drop it btw. They dropped Mezzo DSA, and they don't do ADV licensed anime. So even though you see them doing ROD, they will stop doing CC.
You seem awfully two faced to me. If you hate people stealing fansubs so much then why are you even here? hopefully not downloading fansubs? that would make you a hypocrite.
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 11:49   Link #44
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
You seem awfully two faced to me. If you hate people stealing fansubs so much then why are you even here? hopefully not downloading fansubs? that would make you a hypocrite.
hypocrite how? I said people has no reason to complain over something that is illegal in the first place. I never said i don't download anime, but i don't complain when its licensed and i DO buy the shows i like when it is licensed and released.

Fansubs is illegal, but we all download and watch it anyway. The anime companies don't complain about it because they know it makes anime more popular and gives it more exposure. So we all get away with it, and if anime companies were to be more strict on it like what movie and music companties are doing, most people woudn't download anime.

But when a company license a show, theres no reason for us to complain about it. They are doing their job and trying to make a living.

and read what people said carefully before you go around calling them a hypocrite.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 16:11   Link #45
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
It's great that Chrno Crusades get the recognition it deserves but you ought to understand though when company go and license anime what it means to some of us is that we will never get to see the ending. >_< *I am going to buy the manga but still*
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 16:32   Link #46
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson

I'm the same as you man

I have tons of friend living in europe and they are importing anime easy and cheap I don't get why other people can't do it.

Oh yeah I saw you on animeondvd I have an sn there too.

off topic but what the anime on your sig?
Old 2004-03-16, 17:35   Link #47
jason5587

That's from Kiddy Grade... Forgot her name though. I find it odd how you would put her instead of Eclair...
jason5587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 17:46   Link #48
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

While I don't have anything against the fact that Crusade has been liscensed, I do have to take exception to the fact that ADV is doing such a piss poor job of advertising and marketing this series, both in its manga and its anime forms. The fact that the name is being changed is, in essence, a slap in the face to your standard anime fan. Do they really, really think that we are so stupid that we would start jumping up and down and howling about the name of the series being a misspelling? As it is, the overall problem with people assuming that Chrono Crusade is something that is related to Square's Chrono Trigger / Cross franchise will increase.

But... I think that might actually be the point of it. If people do believe that this series is related to something more popular due to a misunderstanding brought about by this title change, then they might be more willing to buy it on that jutsification. Underhanded marketing. Tch. About what you'd expect from ADV.
Rune~Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 18:03   Link #49
BanditKing

jason5587

is that really from kiddy Grade? wow I really can't tell who that is.I even have the first two volume.(didn't watch it yet waiting for the first four disc then watching it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
While I don't have anything against the fact that Crusade has been liscensed, I do have to take exception to the fact that ADV is doing such a piss poor job of advertising and marketing this series, both in its manga and its anime forms. The fact that the name is being changed is, in essence, a slap in the face to your standard anime fan. Do they really, really think that we are so stupid that we would start jumping up and down and howling about the name of the series being a misspelling? As it is, the overall problem with people assuming that Chrono Crusade is something that is related to Square's Chrono Trigger / Cross franchise will increase.

But... I think that might actually be the point of it. If people do believe that this series is related to something more popular due to a misunderstanding brought about by this title change, then they might be more willing to buy it on that jutsification. Underhanded marketing. Tch. About what you'd expect from ADV.
I guess you even heard of Newtype or anime network.poor thing

Most company doing advertising and marketing Anime series is no doubt FUNI and ADV next is geneon than bandai.

talking about Funimation I see kiddy grade everywhere even in ADV Newtype.I never seen they go so far.

The one that not doing any advertising right now is bandai.All their new series doesn't have any trailer not to mention any website.

Last edited by BanditKing; 2004-03-16 at 18:39. Reason: add a little info
Old 2004-03-16, 18:21   Link #50
Skimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamfans
I know it's mean to say to you guys, but it's not licensed in China, so I can get my hands on Chinese subs. If you guys can read chinese, you don't need to wait for the DVD's to come out or to wait for some risky bad english subs.

really?? can I get the website for it please.
if you know it??
Skimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 18:34   Link #51
Skimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdperalta
here's another good example of companies exploiting fansubbers hehehehe and "we licensed it in the US so you cant distribute it to THE REST OF THE WORLD" crap hahahahahaha

Well.. i doubt Aone will stop them from subbing it. Look at ROD

But, chrno crusade episode 16 came out 2 days ago or maybe 3 forgot and I checked the animeone website.
so I doubt there still gonna continue!!
but, I could be wrong
Skimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 18:43   Link #52
jason5587

I don't like ADV. They take good animes, turn them into crap, and then sell them for over $50 for one of them. The subs are monotone, too.
Old 2004-03-16, 18:50   Link #53
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason5587
I don't like ADV. They take good animes, turn them into crap, and then sell them for over $50 for one of them. The subs are monotone, too.
That is just plain stupid.

ADV disc are $17 if you look online.offline like all other company $30.

The only company dvd over $50 is Geneon and that only when you are importing.
Get your fact straight before bash at a company.
Old 2004-03-16, 19:50   Link #54
method

I would justnlike to point out that the name change was called for by Gonzo. This bit of info was provided by ADV at animeondvd forums.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 20:19   Link #55
Anime_Void

I like CC just like most people that are posting here and i am pretty cheap when it revolves around money on things that you use once or twice and you are done and my job really does suck i am only 17 and work part time at starbucks but i am willing to blow money on CC if thats the only way to get it as long as i dont have to listen to retarted dubbing that i heard sometimes and as long as i dont have to wait a ridicules amount of time time for it.

- I know DUbbing is hard and sometimes sucks completly so they should have a option for original voices with subtitles

-I know it takes time to do anything BUT fansubs release things fast for free so a company that makes money of this should release it faster.

-Question Where and how would i now buy this? When also =p

As far as licensing goes oh well i d rather have it free but nothing stays free for long i am just hoping they dont licence naruto becuase that be a pain to keep buying.
Anime_Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 20:40   Link #56
Noodle

if they license naruto, then it'll take them a hella long ass time to beable to see it...
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 20:52   Link #57
jason5587

I was pretty sure they were selling around $45 CDN for AzuMangaDaioh a while ago in a local movie-anime selling place.
Old 2004-03-16, 20:55   Link #58
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
Apparently people cannot understand the difference between committing wrong honestly (sic ) and trying to cover up their misdeeds.

I believe Crimson shares the same stance as me (correct me if incorrect Crimson). Fansubbing is illegal. But we download them. We know it is wrong and we commit the wrong and acknowledge what we did is wrong. So? What is two faced about that?

The problem & the factor we find irritating is the people who thinks that commiting this wrong is a 'right' and demand people to supply them with the contraband as if it is a public good.

Just buy the licensed media when it comes out. I specifically went out to hunt down and buy the licensed manga when it was released (Vol 1-6, still missing vol 2) and deleted my scanlates. If you don't support the companies by paying for their work, how are they to survive and continue to produce what you enjoy? Do you think they & their families' stomachs will be full with thinking "Wow those freeloaders really enjoy my stolen work! I'm so happy. This compensates me getting laid off when the company has gone bust with no sales!"
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 21:04   Link #59
DynamicPerformance
Skilled Web Ninja

Send a message via AIM to DynamicPerformance
If the series has been licenced, we can still read the manga, and barring that, we can always buy the DVD's, usually better quality anyways. It's not like they are trying to rip us off, i am going to buy the DVD's in order to support the animators, and i sent them some letters, thanking them for writing the series.

this= good stuff to do
DynamicPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 21:15   Link #60
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason5587
I was pretty sure they were selling around $45 CDN for AzuMangaDaioh a while ago in a local movie-anime selling place.
Watch out for the site might rip you off.ADV,bandai and MB has the cheapest DVD online.Geneon has the highest prices.